Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, and how the Democrats abandoned patriotism!

Dumpington

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Posts
2,891
U.S. women's World Cup soccer star Megan Rapinoe first made news when she decided to copy former NFL-star Colin Kaepernick and kneel down (instead of standing respectfully) during our national anthem.

Kaepernick said that he was protesting against police violence vs. black men as he started his own protest during the Obama presidency! But then, after the San Francisco 49ers got rid of him, Kaepernick discovered to his great dismay that NO OTHER NFL team wanted him! But then it was the Nike shoe company to the rescue, stepping-in and hiring Colin to be their company spokesperson. And just this past week, Kaepernick revealed that he considers the American flag to be a symbol of racism & slavery, as he BLOCKED Nike from releasing a new shoe with tiny U.S. flags on the back!

Meanwhile, Megan Rapinoe doubled-down on her tirade against the United States, combining a disrespect for our flag & national anthem with a profanity-laced tirade against President Trump and any invitations to visit the White House! Of course, the Democratic Party immediately embraced her as one of their own, with both Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Schumer inviting Rapinoe & the other Trump-haters on the U.S. women's team to visit both the U.S. House & Senate chambers instead! Clearly, they WON'T be asking Megan to salute the flag or anything else while there!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/4692914/images/a-MEGAN-RAPINOE-COLIN-KAEPERNICK-640x468.jpg - (Megan Rapinoe kneeling down during the national anthem!)

https://www.express.de/image/327607...48eac7e9c31c0c683698f/PY/colin-kaepernick.jpg - (Colin Kaepernick kneeling down during the national anthem!)

ALSO this past week, we saw the Democratic Party denouncing President Trump's "Salute to America" Independence Day celebration with its fireworks & accompanying military parade & fly-overs, complaining about costs. The politically-progressive liberals have officially given the Fourth of July to President Trump and the Republicans! The libs want no part in it!

Now, if anybody has spent millions of dollars on a GAY PRIDE PARADE, nobody on the left would have complained, because celebrating the homosexual lifestyle is considered to be a positive value by the left, not unlike opening our borders or funding Planned Parenthood with taxpayer dollars! All twenty-three Democratic Party presidential contenders would definitely support more taxpayer-funded gay-pride events, while NONE of them would want to fund something called a "Salute to America!"

Ditto for Megan Rapinoe & Colin Kaepernick. They see NO REASON to salute America, and in that sense have embraced modern Democratic Party values! Colin already has his OWN reasons to celebrate: his lucrative Nike shoe contract has made him a wealthy man. How long before the Nike corporation offers a similar sweet-deal to Megan Rapinoe?
 
Gee, racist misogynistic dump is mad because...capitalism worked for a black man? He's made that a woman who's paid less than a man did a significantly better job?

The butthurt, poor dump.
 
Gee, racist misogynistic dump is mad because...capitalism worked for a black man? He's made that a woman who's paid less than a man did a significantly better job?

The butthurt, poor dump.

I think he's also upset he can't afford a Greyhound ticket to be at the Boston "Straight Pride Parade" next month. :rolleyes:

.
 
phrodeau writes: "Have you sold your Nike stock? Because I’m buying."

My advice to you, phrodeau, is to WAIT A FEW DAYS - it'll be a whole lot CHEAPER by then! Never buy stock from a company immediately before it crashes!

dan_c00000 writes: "Gee, racist misogynistic dump is mad because...capitalism worked for a black man? He's made that a woman who's paid less than a man did a significantly better job?"

First of all, Dan, conservatives (like myself) love capitalism - it's the liberal, neo-socialists in the Democratic Party trying to abandon it! And secondly, Megan Rapinoe ISN'T a black man! She's just another anti-American liberal who (like Colin Kaepernick) hates the United States of America!

But yes, I'm fairly certain that Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, & Jussie Smollett are ALL Trump-haters, although I'm not sure I've ever heard Colin Kaepernick speak out against this president - Colin actually began kneeling down during our national anthem while Barack Obama was still in the White House! So it's entirely possible that Kaepernick dislikes Obama, as well!

JKendallDane writes: "I think he's also upset he can't afford a Greyhound ticket to be at the Boston "Straight Pride Parade" next month."

If you want to be fully accepted in modern politically-progressive circles, Jay, it helps to be anti-white, anti-male, anti-straight, anti-capitalist, anti-patriotic, anti-American, & PRO-ABORTION! If you can be any-or-all of these things, the Democratic Party will accept you into its ranks - otherwise, they want to silence you instead.
 
I think he's also upset he can't afford a Greyhound ticket to be at the Boston "Straight Pride Parade" next month. :rolleyes:

.

I heard that wasn't happening? Something about straight white men having it too rough to even show up in public anymore.

By the way did you see dump get triggered and bring up his boy Jussie again? He's really upset when women and people of color have opinions contrary to his.
 
I heard that wasn't happening? Something about straight white men having it too rough to even show up in public anymore.

By the way did you see dump get triggered and bring up his boy Jussie again? He's really upset when women and people of color have opinions contrary to his.
Looks like the parade is on.

https://www.superhappyfunamerica.com/parade/

Apparently, heterophobia is rampant.
 
phrodeau writes: "Thanks for the advice. I won't take it."

Oh well... I tried.

dan_c00000 writes: "By the way did you see dump get triggered and bring up his boy Jussie again? He's really upset when women and people of color have opinions contrary to his."

And what is it that Jussie Smollett has in common with Megan Rapinoe & Colin Kaepernick, Dan?

ANSWER: Former First Lady Michelle Obama is a HUGE FAN of all three of them! We already know how she contacted the Illinois state's attorneys office earlier this year to get all hate-crime charges against Jussie DROPPED, and we ALSO know how much she relates to those famous celebrities who (like herself) have no respect for this country! And yes, that includes both Colin Kaepernick AND Megan Rapinoe!

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpa...ave-never-been-proud-of-America-my-entire.jpg - (Michelle Obama's famous quote from 2008!)

Thank you, Dan, for helping me to illustrate how the modern Democratic Party worships at the altar of celebrity, with no desire whatsoever to salute the greatness that is America! Too often people forget this, but you & I can both help them to remember!

By the way, I saw Megan Rapinoe on the nightly news this evening, talking about her team's victory, and saying: "We all need to love more and hate less... we all need to listen more and talk less!" It's just too bad she didn't start doing all of that a couple of weeks ago, instead of crudely announcing that "we're not going to the f*cking White House!" Somebody must have shut her up at last!
 
There's a great column on today's Washington Post web-site by Brad Polumbo, in which he discusses everybody's new soccer hero - Megan Rapinoe!

Polombo notes how the soccer star and captain of the U.S. women’s national team has become a celebrity after Sunday's championship, receiving glowing feature stories, modeling for Sports Illustrated, and becoming a viral sensation. One article even endorsed her for president.

There’s just one problem: She’s actually kind of an awful person.

Rapinoe has soccer skills for sure, but her entitled, flippant, and unpatriotic attitude is the epitome of first-world privilege. She’s a celebrity, a lesbian icon, and a millionaire. But according to Rapinoe, she’s also an oppressed victim of sexism. She has been at the forefront of the fake outrage and demands for "equal pay" compared to the men’s soccer team. She has even encouraged the public shaming of FIFA President Gianni Infantino and filed a lawsuit against U.S. Soccer.

Rapinoe is too drunk on political correctness and her own celebrity to acknowledge the inconvenient reality that viewership for the men’s World Cup, win or lose, vastly outweighs that of the women’s tournament. For reference, it’s estimated that 1 billion people will have watched the 2019 Women’s World Cup, but the 2018 men's World Cup reached 3.6 billion.

Also (and we're always expected to leave this out) the gulf in physical competition between men's and women's soccer is truly immense. Just two years ago, the world's uncontested best women's national team, our own, lost very badly to a team of boys under age 15, from the academy of a middling professional team in a mediocre (although rapidly improving) men's professional soccer league. The gap in talent is going to be reflected in both viewership and in pay structures, but Rapinoe can only gain in celebrity victimhood by pretending these disparities aren't important. Why not stir up the maximum possible baseless outrage?

Beyond the embarrassing exercise in self-victimhood, Rapinoe’s personality is marred by her lack of appreciation for the country that has given her the chance to rise so far and achieve so much.

She has turned the women’s historic World Cup win into a political pissing match, when it could have been a bipartisan moment of unity for the country. When asked, Rapinoe said, “I’m not going to the f---ing White House.” Plus, she has repeatedly knelt for the national anthem, saying: “I’ll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again.” After her World Cup victory, Rapinoe and a teammate dropped the American flag on the ground to pose for a photo opp.

It's difficult to avoid the conclusion that Rapinoe is a bad role model for the millions of young women across the country. They look up to her and see not a disciplined, respectful sports icon, but a groundlessly bitter, petulant celebrity who is totally ungrateful for the opportunities she's had. As Marc Thiessen put it for the New York Post, "Megan Rapinoe is a great — but needlessly, selfishly divisive — athlete.”

This truth has, unfortunately, been largely lost in the post-victory fanfare. Everyone should be happy the U.S. women’s team once again proved its excellence on the international stage, but we must not forget that Rapinoe is NOT someone worth celebrating.
 
dan_c00000 writes: "I don't even think anti-Semitic bot/dawn/dump has it in him to do that."

No, Dan - you've crossed your wires again - "anti-Semitic" means that you hate the Jewish people and Israel. For example, Representative Ilhan Omar (D-MI) is a perfect-example of anti-Semitic. If you supported moving our embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, or agreed to recognize the Golan Heights as belonging to Israel, that's NOT anti-Semitic! President Trump did BOTH of those things! Do you understand better now?

As for Megan Rapinoe, she is fast-becoming the new "Jane Fonda" of the United States. Remember how Jane sided with America's enemies during the Vietnam War, actually making a trip to North Vietnam in the summer of '72, where she posed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun used to shoot-down American planes? After the war, she called returning POW's "hypocrites and liars," after they spoke of the abuse & torture they'd suffered in captivity.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/23/72/f1/2372f1fa08b8a15198627b186dddd2b6.jpg - (Jane Fonda posing on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun)

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1d6ebc0078b16a235c1a395f91559da2-c - ("Hanoi Jane" happily being used by the North Vietnamese - July, 1972)

http://fr.ancensored.com/files/images/vthumbs/j/f944d782af5954833119e1d59e12adf6_full.jpg - (Fonda in her greatest-ever film role: "Barbarella")

Of course, American left-wingers LOVED Jane, and continue to admire her to this day, because doing anti-American things titillates political-progressives & modern-day Democrats. They actually enjoy that kind of public behavior. But the rest of America remembers all of this, as well, and Ms. Fonda will forever be "Hanoi Jane" to those people who love & respect this country.

Megan Rapinoe will probably be invited to speak at the 2020 Democratic Party's national convention, alongside other Trump-hating liberal notables such as Jussie Smollett, Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford, & Colin Kaepernick - but in the end her behavior is only going to further cost that party support in the American heartland, which still values things like partiotism & love of your country!
 
While Megan Rapinoe (and others) continue to fight for equal pay for the U.S. women's World Cup soccer team - (she wants the women to get the SAME PAY as the men) - how might this affect transgendered athletes playing soccer for our women's national team?

Right now, let's just say that a guy who is a decent soccer player (we'll name him Craig Telfer) tries out for the men's U.S. Soccer team but gets cut. He's good, but he's just not THAT good! But then Megan Rapinoe & her teammates successfully lobby for a pay increase, and suddenly the women are making the EXACT SAME money as the men!

Right after this happens, Craig decides that he is, in fact, a WOMAN, and changes his name to Cece Telfer - and now he successfully tries out for the WOMEN'S U.S. Soccer team! His size, strength, & speed are exceptional (for a woman), and he's quick to earn a starting-spot on our women's national team, where he soon becomes the star player! Of course, one of the women has to be cut from the squad to make room for him, as the American team wins yet another World Cup!

Meanwhile, the Netherlands, France, Brazil, & England are taking notice of Cece Telfer's success, and the money that she's earning (which is identical to that earned by the men), and suddenly every team in the world has players on their rosters who are bigger, faster, & stronger than women were previously! Even Megan Rapinoe ends-up getting cut, as our U.S. women's World Cup soccer team begins to rememble a bunch of guys dressed-up as women, as do other teams from around all the globe!

Is THIS the future of women's sports in America and abroad?
 
"In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first."
-Ambrose Bierce
 
Yeah, I keep forgetting about all those prominent Democrats who had bone spurs during Vietnam...
 
YDB95 writes: "Yeah, I keep forgetting about all those prominent Democrats who had bone spurs during Vietnam..."

Far-&-away the most famous Democratic Party figures associated with the Vietnam War are John Kerry and Al Gore. Gore, being the son of a U.S. Senator, was assigned a cushy job miles behind the front lines & out of danger. And Kerry, put in charge of a swift-boat, is famous for going before a congressional committee and calling pretty-much every American serving in the Vietnam War a war criminal.

When Gore & Kerry ran for president (in 2000 & 2004, respectively), NEITHER candidate received hardly any support from Vietnam War veterans - in fact, both men were both largely DESPISED by veterans in general! That's because both were liberals cut from the same cloth as Jane Fonda, and everybody knew it! Kerry, in particular, came across looking like a buffoon when he tried to pretend to be a proud military veteran at the 2004 Democratic Party's national convention!

The modern Democratic Party is the party of people who HATE this country. If there's a political rally where the people are flying American flags, it's almost certainly going to be conservatives and/or Republicans, whereas if they're flying either Mexican flags or those gay/rainbow "PRIDE" flags, then it's probably liberal Democrats!

http://thebullelephant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/BLACK_RED_ANTIFA_FLAG_Edited.jpg - (Antifa flag)

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/kkk-flag.jpg?quality=85 - (Ku Kux Klan flag)

http://img14.deviantart.net/b0fa/i/...ag_design_question_by_americansfr-d93i75z.jpg - (Antifa/Nazi flag)
 
YDB95 writes: "Yeah, I keep forgetting about all those prominent Democrats who had bone spurs during Vietnam..."

Far-&-away the most famous Democratic Party figures associated with the Vietnam War are John Kerry and Al Gore. Gore, being the son of a U.S. Senator, was assigned a cushy job miles behind the front lines & out of danger. And Kerry, put in charge of a swift-boat, is famous for going before a congressional committee and calling pretty-much every American serving in the Vietnam War a war criminal.

When Gore & Kerry ran for president (in 2000 & 2004, respectively), NEITHER candidate received hardly any support from Vietnam War veterans - in fact, both men were both largely DESPISED by veterans in general! That's because both were liberals cut from the same cloth as Jane Fonda, and everybody knew it! Kerry, in particular, came across looking like a buffoon when he tried to pretend to be a proud military veteran at the 2004 Democratic Party's national convention!

The modern Democratic Party is the party of people who HATE this country. If there's a political rally where the people are flying American flags, it's almost certainly going to be conservatives and/or Republicans, whereas if they're flying either Mexican flags or those gay/rainbow "PRIDE" flags, then it's probably liberal Democrats!

http://thebullelephant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/BLACK_RED_ANTIFA_FLAG_Edited.jpg - (Antifa flag)

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/kkk-flag.jpg?quality=85 - (Ku Kux Klan flag)

http://img14.deviantart.net/b0fa/i/...ag_design_question_by_americansfr-d93i75z.jpg - (Antifa/Nazi flag)

Oh, Dumpster, Dumpster ... please, please, sit down, take a long, deep breath. Now another. And you might wipe the foam off your mouth while you're at it.
I'm afraid you're raving again, and have of course then, abandoned any attempt at critical thinking.
If you went to college, you may recall the age-old bit of wisdom passed on by so many professors of mathematics and philosophy (among others), and that was to take the word ASSUME and divide it at the letter u, thusly:
ASS U ME.
This, they would say, should always remind you that to assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
And I'm afraid you've been found guilty of this (yet again) in your rant as quoted above.
While I agree that Gore was put, as we used to say, "In the rear with the gear," that would have been the work of his dad, and he'd have found it near impossible to change that, since it would have come straight from the Pentagon. We saw it many times with the "fortunate sons" who served.
As for Kerry, what I/we who served saw was a guy who was out there with everyone else, measuring his life in seconds or minutes ... while Bush, couldn't even find the "patriotism" to usefully serve his country back here in the states as a jet jockey in the reserves.
THAT'S what vets hated.
Believe me when I tell you that - or go and talk to some actual vets. I say this because, while I've read only a few of your previous rants, since they seem to be rather tedious in their repetition, I've not seen you present your own credentials as a veteran.
But no worries if you're lacking there. You're in the company of so many other Republican pols and cabinet members in charge of national defense (and, sadly enough, presidents as well) who couldn't even be bothered to come up with a convenient bone spur while sending others off to fight and die for questionable causes and undeclared wars.
And a lame attempt to equate those men with Jane Fonda? Surely even you can see how pathetically lame that is, on any level upon which you'd care to approach it. Please ... calm down. That was just ludicrous.
And silly speculations about who's flying what flags are of course nothing more than a complete waste of time. You should know that you just can not come to a rational argument with "probably." Nope. Not ever.
Now to get to the basics, have you ever asked yourself just "What in the wide world of sports..." (with thanks to Mel Brooks) is it that sports has to do with patriotism, by any stretch of the imagination - except marketing?
Sports is big business, and like so many other forms of big business, has over the years and decades revealed itself to be absolutely hideously and thoroughly corrupt on every level. So how about we stop and take a very close look at that. And then ask ourselves if we should really be associating sports with patriotism in any way whatsoever.
Then let's take a good long look at how and why it's been allowed to become so.
Then, please don't assume that anyone who disagrees with current political policy or rhetoric is unpatriotic or worse, that they must therefore hate America and all it stands for. That's just ridiculous, and I'm sure you know that, so when you feel the Limbaugh-like urge to veer off on a rant like that, please stop first and take a moment to put on the hat with the brain in it. You'll do us all a huge favor. Yep, I'm not only including you, I'm saying especially you.
There are legions of us out here who have served our country, but have disagreed - sometimes vehemently - with those who have come to power and with the policies we feel to be not in our country's best interest. And as veterans we do tend to get pissed - really pissed - when some clown questions our patriotism or love of country. You might want to remember that the next time you're shooting off your face in a public place. Just sayin'....
Again ... take a deep breath ... and think before you speak. You'll be far less likely to go pole vaulting to (faulty) conclusions.

Ex-Marine (yes, with bone spurs, but I went anyway)
 
Ezeerider writes: "While I agree that Gore was put, as we used to say, "In the rear with the gear," that would have been the work of his dad, and he'd have found it near impossible to change that, since it would have come straight from the Pentagon. We saw it many times with the "fortunate sons" who served."

Al was no doubt already thinking that someday he'd possibly want to run for political office in Tennessee, and he knew full well that joining the peace-protesters would very likely be used against him in a future campaign. His segregationist U.S. Senate dad knew that, as well.

"As for Kerry, what I/we who served saw was a guy who was out there with everyone else, measuring his life in seconds or minutes ... while Bush, couldn't even find the "patriotism" to usefully serve his country back here in the states as a jet jockey in the reserves."

Sure, Kerry started out serving his country. But then he was influenced by the "Jane Fonda wing" of the Democratic Party, and began to call his fellow soldiers war criminals! Did it hurt him politically? Well, YES it did - the 2004 presidential campaign kind of speaks for itself. Kerry got his stupid ass beat. Perhaps he should have had a segregationist Democrat U.S. Senator for a father (like Al Gore did) advising him?

"I've not seen you present your own credentials as a veteran."

Are you aware that this is the internet? - and that, this being the internet, anyone can claim to be anything they choose, including a military veteran? So WHY would you do something so stupid as to ask me to "present my credentials?"

This much we both KNOW - John Kerry, like Jane Fonda & Megan Rapinoe, all believe that it's somehow patriotic to show blatant disrespect for the United States! It's one of the reasons why Donald Trump won the presidency! The American people are sick & tired of liberal Democrats showing love & devotion to the Mexican flag and/or the gay/rainbow PRIDE flag, but NOT the American flag!

"And a lame attempt to equate those men with Jane Fonda?"

Jane Fonda is to the 1970's what Megan Rapinoe & Colin Kaepernick are to today! And yes, the Democratic Party CELEBRATES these spoiled brats while belittling a president who holds a Fourth of July celebration saluting America! And you seriously wonder why your side is in such shambles?

"Ex-Marine (yes, with bone spurs, but I went anyway)"

Is THAT how you present your credentials? You just type the words "ex-Marine" and I'm supposed to believe you? Okay, fine! Thank you for your service, Ezeerider. BTW, wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald ALSO an ex-Marine?
 
Al was no doubt already thinking that someday he'd possibly want to run for political office in Tennessee, and he knew full well that joining the peace-protesters would very likely be used against him in a future campaign.

And Bill Clinton wound up president for two years. You know the "draft dodger"? What astute political analysis!

Ezeerider. BTW, wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald ALSO an ex-Marine?

Are you implying that anyone who served in the armed forces is a murder? How very patriotic of you.
 
Trump fans pretending to be offended by profanity is one of the few things about the last three years I've found amusing.
 
dan_c00000 writes: "And Bill Clinton wound up president for two years. You know the "draft dodger"? What astute political analysis!"

Good observation. It was Bill Clinton's loathing of the U.S. military that forced him to pick Al Gore to be his running-mate. Bill needed somebody who had actually served his country to give his candidacy credibility.

"Are you implying that anyone who served in the armed forces is a murder? How very patriotic of you."

No, Dan - I'm NOT an anti-war Democrat like Jane Fonda - WHY would you think that I was? And, speaking of Hanoi Jane, that Trump-hating Hollywood actress is cut from the very same cloth as is Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, & Jussie Smollett (but you already know that!)

phrodeau writes: "Nike stock is up over 2% since last Thursday. Woo hoo."

Yes, phrodeau - there's definitely money to be made in marketing anti-American products. After Colin Kaepernick began kneeling down during our national anthem his 49ers jersey spiked in sales! And haven't you ever seen one of those Che Guevara shirts or posters that used to be so popular with politically-progressive far-lefties? No patriotic Americans would wear them, but people like Jane Fonda, Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, and/or Jussie Smollett all would!

Wrong Element writes: " Trump fans pretending to be offended by profanity is one of the few things about the last three years I've found amusing."

You are seemingly more easily amused than myself.
 
Moderators, can this thread be moved to a sports and entertainment forum? Thanks in advance.
 
"Are you implying that anyone who served in the armed forces is a murder? How very patriotic of you."

No


So then why did you call the other poster a murderer? Why do you hate America so much? Why do you post hateful, racist, and anti-Semitic comments? Why do you have alts that post nearly identical hateful comments?
 
Back
Top