Brexit

Boris' main asset is that he is recognised.

Most of the other candidates seem nonentities.

Is that enough? It could be.

Ian Hislop reeled off a list of jobs from which Boris has been fired for either lying or deceiving his employers so in that respect at least there is a parallel.

He was fired as editor of the Spectator for having an affair with a junior member of staff then lying to cover it up. Another similarity.

Anyone who criticises or embarrasses him publicly becomes the victim of a Daily Telegraph (otherwise known as Boris's Blog) smear campaign. However, none of this will make any difference, he is very popular with the largely geriatric members of the Tory Party and they are the people who will decide our new leader.

According to his father, if he is Prime Minister in one month (heaven forbid that they should cut their holidays short) he will divide Europe to such a degree that the member states will force the Commission to give us a better deal. In other words, he will achieve in one month as Prime Minister what he failed to achieve in three years as Foreign Secretary. Sound like Einstein's definition of madness but that's what people are pinning their hopes on.

The irony is this woman is a Tory PR woman, but by the sounds of it her ranting over spilt wine has put Boris Johnson's leadership challenge in doubt.

Not sure how long ago this thread started but in summary nothing much changed since then!

Not sure how long ago this thread started but in summary nothing much changed since then!

Well, it's become verified that Great Britain/the UK are now just an EU colony.

Their people have clearly lost control over their own governance, borders and economy.......subjects of Brussels too scared to manage their own affairs. :D

I noticed that the BBC have been referring to those opposing 'No Deal' as "The Rebel Alliance". What does that make Boris, Darth Vader?

So, Boris has no majority, no election, and no way to govern. He should just resign. It's taken him less time to fuck things up than even May, and that's saying something.

So, Boris has no majority, no election, and no way to govern. He should just resign. It's taken him less time to fuck things up than even May, and that's saying something.

The levels of total incompetence shown by successive British governments just gets higher and higher :D

The levels of total incompetence shown by successive British governments just gets higher and higher :D

It's gonna reach a point when Corbyn will seem the reasonable choice, even if he does still believe in state-run industries.

Conservative Whip resigns from parliament stating:

"This short-sighted culling of my colleagues has stripped the Party of broad-minded and dedicated Conservative MPs. I cannot support this act of political vandalism," she wrote. "Therefore, it is with regret that I am also surrendering the Conservative whip."​

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/07/uk/uk-amber-rudd-resigns-parliament-gbr-intl/index.html

The only thing saving the Tory majority now is Corbyn's fascinating refusal to push for a new election. Though technically, the majority no longer exists. They're a minority government now.

The only thing saving the Tory majority now is Corbyn's fascinating refusal to push for a new election. Though technically, the majority no longer exists. They're a minority government now.

The refusal is a good tactical ploy. Boris claimed that he could get a better deal. If they hold an election now it gives Boris the chance to fill his benches with Brexit at any cost Tories so that when he fails to get a better deal he can overturn the law preventing a No Deal exit. However, if the election happens after the EU summit and there is no deal which is acceptable to Parliament, he will be forced to seek an extension. He will then go into an election having failed.

The refusal is a good tactical ploy. Boris claimed that he could get a better deal. If they hold an election now it gives Boris the chance to fill his benches with Brexit at any cost Tories so that when he fails to get a better deal he can overturn the law preventing a No Deal exit. However, if the election happens after the EU summit and there is no deal which is acceptable to Parliament, he will be forced to seek an extension. He will then go into an election having failed.

So, Corbyn is capable of three-dimensional chess, politically speaking, then....fascinating.

It's probably more to do with this......

attachment.php

That and their attempt to stop no deal at any cost....even being used as part of a negotiating chip. Insane.

Woof!

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-09-08 202348.png
    Annotation 2019-09-08 202348.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
It's... complicated. At this point, Europe might very well refuse any further delays, after all the madness and lack of progress in anything about Brexit. So far nothing has been accomplished, and it doesn't seem like they will ever get somewhere. I wonder if Europe's refusal for more time was anticipated.

That'll be fine, at least this whole dismal affair will be over.

Woof!

The French have indicated that they are against granting an extension to Brexit.

It would be ironic if Boris was saved by the French.

The French have indicated that they are against granting an extension to Brexit.

It would be ironic if Boris was saved by the French.

I hope you like potatoes and cabbage
It's what you will be having for Xmas dinner:D

No-deal Brexit sounds to me like an economic apocalypse for Great Britain. I can only imagine who might be behind it, in fact.

So, what does BJ do now that he's been slapped down by the Court? Does he quit and go away like the US BJ should hopefully do some day soon?

Or does he continue to be an Ass like ours probably will?

No-deal Brexit sounds to me like an economic apocalypse for Great Britain. I can only imagine who might be behind it, in fact.

It's not, it would probably hurt the EU more which is why they want to charge them such an astronomical amount of money to leave.

The UK won't do it, they don't have enough spine to stand on their own, they want to be kept pets of Brussels.....good little lefty collectivist.

Formation

• Treaty of Rome 1 January 1958
• Single European Act 1 July 1987
• Treaty of Maastricht 1 November 1993
• Treaty of Lisbon 1 December 2009
• Last polity admitted 1 July 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

I think the UK has been around a little longer than that.

Who is in charge? It's not the citizens, or Parliament. Whomever IS in charge, doesn't want Brexit, so... due to "national emergency" everything is postponed 'till a later unannounced date?

Back