What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenue won't matter because studies have shown that spending increases on average 50% more than the revenue increases. Also, Medicare and other programs are growing exponentially. At current rate of growth (9.3% annually since 1980), Healthcare will consume 100% of the federal budget within 15 years.

I would think more revenue would help then.
 
No because more revenue = even more spending. If you confiscated all the wealth of the top 1 or 2% it would barely cover 1 year's deficit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704648604575620502560925156.html

That's a story about the Vedder and Moore studies done on revenue vs spending. Giving Govt more revenue is like handing a 12 pack to an alcoholic.

I hear what you're saying. I just don't agree with it. And you know how financial articles are, every finance "expert" who publishes thinks they're an expert.
 
Here's a chart of federal spending: http://www.supportingevidence.com/Government/fed_budget_over_time.html see a pattern? We don't have a revenue problem. The data just is. Just like in the other link I posted. Using statistical analyses they found that since WWII, each dollar of new revenue was associated with 1.17 of new spending.

There are very few financial sites I trust and the ones I do read regularly I don't fully believe or agree with everything they say. I just look at financial matters this way. If your debt is so huge that cutting all discretionary expenses, then cutting all expenses that relate to infrastrucuture don't make a significant dent, there's a problem of revenue.
 
Lets approach this another way. How much revenue is enough? We take in 2.2 trillion now. We spend 3.8 trillion. Is 3 trillion enough? 3.5? 4? If discretionary spending cuts aren't enough, then it's time to fundamentally reform govt. Taxes harm economic activity. At the bare minimum, the govt should live on whatever revenue they acquire and never run a deficit. Ideally, the federal govt should be slashed down to its Constitutionally mandated duties, Defense (not nation building, just defending our own borders) and Diplomacy. The Commerce clause has become moot due to mass communication and various means of travel (airplanes mainly). There hasn't been a dispute between states that would apply in well over 100 years that I know of.

You have to remember that revenue is simply taking from some and giving it to others. At some point those that work will cease working or find ways to avoid taxation. It's a very immoral thing and a form servitude. We should all be allowed to keep every penny we earn.

Well, I'm really the wrong person to "argue" issues with or try to persuade on issues. What I do is come on the GB political threads and agree or disagree depending on the issue..But I don't get indepth here because it's not worth the aggravation. Plus I like to tease some of the guys for friendly fun, especially the guys on the right. :) Some guys I.don't tease because I'm afraid they'll shoot me. Anyway, I'm sure others will go at it with you on your stats and points.
 
I'm not going to stand up for BB.

I finally reached the conclusion that he's Karl Rove crazy.

But you need to be more alert.

He's as smart as anyone on this board.

He abuses language by design. As do many propagandists.

Fine tune your observational skills. And your retorts.

Tee Hee:cool:
 
NIGGER CARE cluster fuck continues

Obamacare Pre-Existing Condition Fee To Cost Companies $63 Per Person
 
FORWARD! How Middle Class Wealth Collapsed to a 40-Year Low. “Between 2007 and 2010, the median net worth of U.S. households fell by 47 percent, reaching its lowest level in more than forty years, adjusted for inflation. In other words, middle class wealth virtually evaporated in this country. A good chunk of the population got sucked through a financial wormhole back to the sixties. . . . Our economy still fundamentally runs on middle class spending — on houses, on cars, on trips to the mall — and those families saw their finances eviscerated in a way unlike what’s happened during any recession since World War II.”
 
I'm not going to stand up for BB.

I finally reached the conclusion that he's Karl Rove crazy.

But you need to be more alert.

He's as smart as anyone on this board.

He abuses language by design. As do many propagandists.

Fine tune your observational skills. And your retorts.

I'd say closer to Charlie Manson crazy than Karl Rove. Rove is (or was) cunning and clever. This dip ain't nowhere near that.

The shitstain is only smart enough to use the repetition of ignorance (that the faceless internet systemically enables) as pomp to distract from his soul's lack of having anything of beauty or significance to submit to the world.

Not that he has to show beauty, mind you. Nobody does. Choosing to be a racist shitstain running a daily open faucet of diarrhea, however, is not synonymous with any sort of intelligence on this planet or plane of existence.
 
No because more revenue = even more spending. If you confiscated all the wealth of the top 1 or 2% it would barely cover 1 year's deficit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704648604575620502560925156.html

That's a story about the Vedder and Moore studies done on revenue vs spending. Giving Govt more revenue is like handing a 12 pack to an alcoholic.


This is demonstrably false. Government spending increases mostly because programs become more expensive. Medicare costs more when people live longer and then the baby boomer generation enters the mix. That's been the primary driver of government spending increases and it has nothing at all to do with revenue.
 
This is demonstrably false. Government spending increases mostly because programs become more expensive. Medicare costs more when people live longer and then the baby boomer generation enters the mix. That's been the primary driver of government spending increases and it has nothing at all to do with revenue.

you ONCE again didn't answer my questions

re:what YOU said WE should or would feel about Bartleets comments:cool:
 
There is NO WAY of defending NIGGER OM ICKS

That some defend it.......is utter insanity and RACISM based

HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? (CONT’D): The Mysterious Case Of America’s Negative Real Wage Growth. “Wages have risen below the rate of inflation for 22 consecutive months, with real wages printing their last positive number back in January 2011 and negative ever since!”
 
But go ahead, make an economic point .

We all know

That after every recession, there is a bounceback

In 2010. the usual bounceback started as well as Obama stimulus kicked in

They touted it as SUMMER OF RECOVERY

The bounceback was LESS then the usual bounceback and we regressed

Can we then say Obama nom ICKS failed?
 
You can't address an economic question with anything except psycho-babble.

Yes because asking you to prove your claim that the BLS is a Democratic party operative was psychobabble. Or are you thinking of something else?
 
When I wanted to have a good night's kip I'd use a bit of Lavender Oil on the pillow.

It's natural and works wonders, can't speak highly enough of our old friend Lavandula Officinalis.

However, there is an even better, more natural solution.

This thread.
 
You MO is deflect and prevarication.

Same crap your racist shitstain BFF does.

But we know, you gotta protect your favorite nut-warmer during the cold months since you lost your Mittens.

tumblr_mbgmtnvsVT1qa6g1m.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top