Lie To Me (Closed)

Lady_Jade666

Literotica Guru
Name: Alexia Snow (Alex)

horns-int640.jpg

Alexia was a normal simple girl that kept to herself most of the time, she took orders and kept her head down most of the time. It was nice to be out every day and to listen and see new people every day. She had noticed one particular guy coming every day for coffee, to the point where she knew what he wanted and what he took in it. She didn't talk to him but knew enough about him to be interested since day one. She didn't say to much to her but the funny thing she noticed was he always wanted her to make it, which was rather sweet of him. She always had a thing with older men especially with an accent. She had heard him dawn on his true accent and one from New York. When it came down to it she was happy seeing him every day, he was rather nice and always enjoyed what little he said to her.

But this morning she decided to do something different, she was quite because she hadn't talked to many men. When it came down to it she was going to say something more then just what she normally did. She was humming as she was making sure everything was clean and noticed how people were having some fun at the coffee house. She heard the door open up and looked up seeing who it was, she smiled happily and she began to make the coffee that he always got. It was really nice that he came in every morning, she knew he owned the place across the way and she found it rather interesting because she knew that he was one of those people that could tell he could smell bullshit a mile away. Smiling a little bit she couldn't help but smile at him.

Walking up she put the coffee down in front of him and couldn't help but chuckle more to herself then anything. Because simply she enjoyed looking at him he was good looking and kind, though she never introduced herself to him. She leaned on the table and looked into his eyes. "How are you today?" She asked with a soft tone and a gentle look. She was a very honest kind of person an didn't lie to anyone she didn't see the point of it, right now she was hoping to get to know the man that asked for her when she wasn't around. She began to wonder what she would talk about because she was nervous and would say stupid things when she was a bit nervous. But ignoring the world as something she did not want to do, that much she knew.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Mark+Vanderloo/Carrera+Ignition+Night+Madrid/7AKHUDp60h3

Cal Lightman had woken up just like any other day. Though it was still fairly early, he managed to get out of bed just as he normally did, like clockwork. He had taken his shower and put on a normal grey t-shirt and some jeans. Though he didn’t really have anything to do today, since he decided to take the day off, he still felt compelled to go through his normal routine of at least stopping by his favorite coffee shop. If not for the drink, then for the hope that he would get a chance to see Alexia, unbeknownst to her, his dubbed muse.

As he made his way down the street, he looked through some of his e-mails. Nothing of interest was in there which meant that there really wasn’t anything interesting going on at work. Once he finished checking everything, he was just about at the coffee shop. It was hard to tell if Alexia was working or not, though that was part of the adventure of his little trip every single day. He was curious as to why he was so mesmerized by her. As he though, he couldn’t recall hearing her talk or gossip like so many of the others when there weren’t people in line.

He picked up a copy of the paper like he usually did and went to go set it down on an empty table. It would guarantee that he would be in here for at least half an hour before he left to find something interesting to do today. To his surprise, as he turned around, he saw Alexia put the coffee that he was going to order, down in front of him. He was even more surprised that she asked how he was today. “I’m well,” he said as he looked at her brown eyes as he reached for his cash that he had. “And how about you, dear? How are you doing today?” Cal asked back with his British accent. He began to pull some money out of his pocket and looked through the amount, “$4.50?” He inquired as he continued to make eye contact. Cal wasn’t sure, but he got the feeling that this unusual act would set in a series of events that would be more complex than he would realize.

Alex was the kind of girl who was very shy and it would be easy to see especially because of how he could read people. She had a little blush to her face and she couldn't help but love the accent and he was rather handsome to. She was glad he was okay and when he asked how she was doing she just shrugged her shoulders. "Same old same old" She said softly. When he sifted through his money she shook her head and smiled at him. "It's on the house Mr. Lightman" She said with a very kind sound to her voice. She looked around and no one was in there that day, it was slow and outside looked like it was going to rain. She had her hair up in a braid and decided to do something that she didn't know if she would ever do, but she was getting the courage to be out going. She was a beautiful girl but behind that beauty she had there was so much more, she was talented in reading people as well and even wrote her own music. She decided to sit down beside him, nothing was going on so it was slow already.

"Looks like we are about to get a bad storm" She said more to herself then to him, she looked outside and couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his head or her own for that matter. She knew he owned his business since it said it right there and then. She bit her lip which showed she was uncomfortable because of the shyness but she did her best to look at him and when she did, she was captured by how he looked. She smiled at him Alex was sick of being alone and right now she wanted to get to know him, she crossed one leg over the other. "Ive decided to get out of my comfort area, to get to know you since I really have no one I talk to" she said it was sad and she looked it but right now she didn't care, anything to hear him talk. She was curious where he was from and why he decided to be in the city. Even thought of what would happen if it went far but didn't know.

Cal looked at her, a bit surprised, when she mentioned that the drink and paper were going to be on the house. “Are you sure?” he inquired as he watched her sit down next to him. “I don’t want you to get into trouble,” Cal added as he looked into her eyes. It wasn’t a huge surprise that she knew who he was. The sign that read “Lightman’s Consulting” right across the street was a very obvious giveaway to just about anyone that saw him as frequently as Alexia had. Although he didn’t have many employees, he did encourage them to help support some of the more local businesses when they were out of the office.

He took a drink of his coffee and listened as Alexia mentioned that she wanted to learn more about him. This was definitely not how he was thinking of how his day would be going. He let his eyes do all the work, trying to see every movement as she talked; he wanted to see if any signs of deception existed in her body language or sound. The fact that he never really heard her talk that much made it a bit hard to distinguish if she was lying or not. Though there were no visible tells that she had to give him a reason not to trust her with a little bit of information. “OK, what would you like to know?” he asked inquisitively as he moved the paper to the side, looking over Alexia, trying to get a sense of how she might act.

When she got down to it she wasn't to sure what to ask him which was kinda funny, but as she sat there watching him, she could tell he was looking to see if she was lying. 'On a side note Mr. Lightman I don't lie, I may not really know to much about you but I do know that you can tell when someone is lying to you part of why you are successful, its something I can do to, I can smell bullshit easily" She said softly and sighed a little bit. "But I am rather curious why you always have me make your coffee, I took it that perhaps you wanted to talk to me?" She wasn't sure if she was reading him right but that was what she thought. Perhaps it was all her she just didn't know and she smiled. Sighing a little bit she couldn't help but enjoy the moment she was talking to them, she noticed her boss but she just smiled and nodded since it was slow. She sighed a little bit unsure of what was going to end up happening but anything to get him to talk to her since he was good looking and sounding.

Cal took another sip as he waited and then listened to Alexia explain things. It wasn’t anything that he wasn’t already aware about with her. He had noticed the times that he was in here that she really didn’t communicate with anyone aside from her boss or coworkers. Even then, it seemed that it was always more about work than a life outside of work. “It’s Cal, by the way,” he said when he noted that she was finished talking and asking her question. He decided to do a quick elaboration stating, “In a private setting like this, it’s Cal. When it’s more public, it’s Mr. Lightman. There needs to be that level of discernment that my employees have when talking to me. Though, I do prefer when I know the name of my employees as well,” Cal said hoping she was absorbing what was being said.

Cal decided to wait patiently as he expected to get a response from Alexia seeing as he just pretty much gave him a blind job offer. Though it was an offer, there would no doubt still be paperwork and other tests to make sure that he had a strong candidate. While he waited, he tried to think of how many people he had hired that didn’t really work out. There was one, there always was at least one, though he couldn’t think of another as he took another sip of his coffee.

Alex was listing to what he was saying and smiled at him "It sounds like you just offered me a job Cal" she said with a big grin on her face it was to the point where she was content she looked at him and cocked her head to the side. ""That sounds very cool Cal" She said happily and nodded she would take it. "Why offer me this job when you don't even know me, I am greatful to it don't get me wrong but I am just curious' She sipped her coffee and she ouldn't help but grin happily. She would be greatful to get out of this joint and do something that pays a hell of a lot more.

Cal could see the expression in Alexia’s face when she realized she was getting a blind job offer. “You heard correctly,” he said plainly before taking another drink of his coffee. He listened to her question and spent a moment thinking about the right answer to give her. “I need someone who is able to do what you do. Someone who can decide what is true and isn’t true. The fact that you’re probably more pure of heart or innocence or what-have-you helps as well.”

Once he finished his drink he set it back down. “Obviously, there will still be the formalities of having to do an application, background check and so forth. But, I don’t foresee you having any problems with the hiring process. As for your other question as to why you always make my coffee,” he began to say with a slight grin, “Think about the times you’ve probably been able to quit, or wanted to, yet you haven’t. I’ve been coming here for a little over a year and you are still here. Whether it’s out of duty or curiosity, that’s the kind of commitment I need. And,” he said as he stood up, “You don’t mess up my order.”

When he grabbed the paper, he looked at her. There was a degree of lust in his mind. He thought that she was very attractive, which didn’t hurt his selection process as well. “I’m off for the day, so stop by after you get done here, fill out all the fun paperwork, and I’ll have you come in for a ‘formal’ interview when everything is ready to go,” he told her as he looked out the window and saw that it wouldn’t be sunny at all today. “Any other questions you have for me?” he inquired as he looked back over at Alexia.

Alexia listened to him and she saw that look of lust on his face, though at that moment she didn't know that she just knew thqat look as someone interested, and something in that smile and in his eyes she knew damn well that he liked her, so he needed someone like her. One who didn't get any training but was a natural when it came to detecting bullshit. It wasn't hard because that was part of the reason why she kept her head down and studied when she was in school, and because of that she managed to graduate two years earily. Thinking back and forth about what was going to happen she sighed. In that moment she wondered how this was going to be, and it was funny why he liked her to make his coffee, she crossed her arms and chuckled a little. She had a feeling she would enjoy working for him and since she had no issues with drugs or her history she would be good to go that much she knew. She shook her head and looked around, she wouldn't miss this place that much. Would be a nice change.

"No I think I got it though" She grabbed her pen in her pocket and paper and wrote down her number and put it beside his coffee. "can you text me later on this way I have your number in case something comes up, I like to prepare for things even if its most likely not going to happen." She couldn't help but admire his looks he was at least twenty years her senior but thats why she liked older men, they were men not little boys trying to be men and failing at it. She sipped her coffee and sighed a little bit. "Actually I do have one question, have you ever met another person who was a natural at deception and didn't have to go to school for it?" She said trying to kep him in a conversation. She did not know why she was doing this but at that point she just didn't care she just wanted to talk to him as long as she could. But then she didn't want to take up all his time either since its not like they were friends. But she did hope in her heart that this may start something that she wouldn't want to end, unless she looked like a child to him.

Cal took the paper with the number on it and put it in his pocket. He tended to be very professional when he was conducting business. It was still amazing to him the amount of people that he would see who had a cell phone out while even at dinner. He understood when emergencies came up, but not very often did he see people communicate without them. “Will do,” he said calmly as he finished his drink. Once he finally set it back down, he continued to look at her as he heard the question.

“I’ve met very few people,” he began to say, “That haven’t needed any specialized training. Though, there are some of my colleagues that started out that way but found out the classes helped them immensely. Obviously, the American government likes training certain people to that pedigree.” He spent a moment looking her over, mainly her face. He noted how smooth it looked, how it didn’t look like there was a lot of stress. Though it was good, he did see it as a potential issue with being “too good looking” though he figured he would offer to pay for her classes if she wanted to go down that route.

As he stood, he picked up his paper. “I’ll text you in an hour or so. Hopefully we can have something set up for about a week from now, if not sooner,” he said as he headed towards the door. “Have a good rest of the day,” he told her as he headed out and began to walk down the street. As he said, shortly after going to the store, he texted her, letting her know it was his number and that he saved hers.

Alexia smiled watching him leave and couldn't help but chuckle to herself and talked to her boss telling her this was her last shift. And her boss because she was a family friend was happy for her, since she knew she would make three times as much with him, perhaps even more. She was happy about what was going on and she hummed the whole time, extra nice if that was even possible. She was very light on her feet the whole day, she wished to see him the same day. But figured that would be very slim, so she knew what she was going to do, when she picked up her last check she was surprised how much was in there, she was up for over one thousand dollars, looking at her with a question, her old family friend chuckled a bit. Tapping her shoulder and kissed her forehead like she had since she was a little girl. Telling her to buy some very nice clothing and to have a very good life. Alex was liked and loved by a lot of different people, and it was rather nice feeling, she hugged her boss and left. She knew she didn't need all that so she would be able to buy clothing and repairs on her car.

She hummed a little bit and couldn't help but be happy and skipping. She got a nice dinner, clothing and was thinking of him thge whole time. Sighing a little she couldn't help but smile the whole damn day and went to bed rather happy that same night. She had a wonderful dream about meeting someone there and falling in love, since she wasn't very good when it came to guys in general. Talking to one up close and not to make a fool out of her it was a nice thing. When she got up she had a shower, new clothing on and put her hair in a braid, she wanted to dress to impress that much she wanted. She was at his builing with some coffee in a thermus, it felt very nice to he there, and smiling behind her seeing her old home. She was buzzed in and was taken to his own personal office and it was really nice, she sat happily and quielty. Looking around while she waited for him, she knew this was what she wanted to do with her time, it would be nice to see him again, she always had a thing for older men.

The next morning, as he woke, he saw that it was a bit later than he cared for. His normal routine existed without any problem. By the time he was out of his apartment and heading to his office, he stopped in the coffee shop and realized that Alexia wasn’t working. Without thinking too much of it, he still placed his normal order and relaxed for a little bit before heading across the street to the office.

As he made his way in, he greeted his receptionist and got a few messages and made his way over to his office. His secretary didn’t give him a heads up that Alexia was already in there waiting for him. “Good morning,” Cal said as he sat down in his chair, looking over at her. “I can see now why you weren’t at the coffee shop this morning,” he added as he folded his hands together. “Very ambitious, I might add. Though, it will take about two days for you to get set up with a proper interview and the right paperwork to be sent here,” he continued to say as he looked directly at her. “There are a few legal forms that need to be filled out before the whole interview process can be started. And they aren’t ready yet.”

Once he finished speaking, he leaned back in his chair a little bit. One of the core foundations of his job was that secrecy was valued to the highest degree. He hoped that she understood that as he continued to look. “My assistant, Maria, will let you know when everything is ready. Until then, you can stop in, though a lot of people will be fairly suspicious, kind of the downside of the job,” Cal told Alexia as he sat back, wondering what was going through her mind.

She had been prepaired she had enough cash and it wasn't like she was in a hurry even tho it must seem like it, she listened to him going on the details of how everything was going to be. Since her last boss gave her enough for a month, her leg was crossed much like a lady a young lady she was. She couldn't help but begin to wonder what the hell was going to happen with everything, but she wasn't to worried about it. Then she heard what people may say but she could care less, she was beautiful and soon to be successful she didn't care what anyone would think or what they would do. It was just she knew what was going to happen. But she just smiled at him, of course there will be people talking she wasn't doubtful on that much at least. She gave him a look and couldn't help but wonder what people would say because it was something that never happened to her. She actually kinda laughed once everything went through her head, she looked up at him and smiled.

"I kinda figured that much and I am just here to get the information I needed to start this, I should have called but decided to come in person. Let the people talk, let them hate me for it I could care less. Also I wanted to give you this" She reached in her bag and took out a couple pieces of paper and gave it to him, it was well written resume she knew paperwork would have to be done, but she wanted him to see she took any job she had seriously and he wouldn't regret it.

"I hope it's to your liking, guess I will wait for a call then" She said softly, giving him a smile.

Cal took the paperwork and saw the resume. It did show that she took this opportunity very serious and also showed that she did have an established pattern of being a hard worker and not switching from job to job to job multiple times. He sat back as he took a bit longer to look at the details a bit more. He didn’t look at her while still looking at the resume as he spoke, “I work with a legal firm, nothing huge, that puts together Non-Disclosure Agreements and other legal papers for the interview process. The new individuals, or interns, get a chance to work on their skills and it ends up being a win-win since I don’t need to pay outrageous prices,” he had told her as he set the resume down.

“Two days will be your appointment for the interview and everything. I don’t want them to think they can slack off and it’ll catch them off of their feet. As far as people hating you,” he began to speak as he pulled out his phone and started to text someone, “I’ll make that be only one person today. It’s my daughter Emily and she’ll be here in about half an hour,” Cal said as he looked at Alexia. “It’ll get her out of the house and she can have the honor of going shopping with you. Though she may thin it, this isn’t you babysitting her. Just a chance for you to get to know parts of the company so the transition will be smoother,” he assured her. “You’ll get to check in before you leave for the day and tomorrow I’ll have something a bit more entertaining for you to do,” he said with a slight grin as he started to get ideas in his head.

“While we’re waiting for Emily to get here, feel free to tell me about what I don’t know from your resume. We’ll start with hobbies and what you usually do in your free time,” he mentioned as he folded his hands together, waiting for her to start talking about herself a bit more.

She smiled and she looked around his office and thought for a moment, perhaps it was better to show him. Since she knew she brought something with her, she brought her violin all over the place with her. She reached down in her bag and brought out her violin and looked at him. She had been told many years ago she was a musical savant and could play all kinds of insturaments and that was her hobby she wrote music. And was good at just making up music as she winged shit that she use to. She looked at him and thought for a moment, thinking for a second she She noticed a snow globe and carefully turned the key and she used the song from it putting the violin under her chin "Better to show you" She said to him simply hoping it wasn't over stepping but he seemed interesting and interested in what she could do. No one knew she could do it since she stayed to herself and didn't do anything that would change it. She began to play following the song from the globe and she closed her eyes as she began to sing to him. While she played her violin.

Shatter Me

The way she sang and played the music she was making up seemed to just go inside her, wake something upinside and she could feel other people looking. But she was so into the beat of her music she didn't care, was hard enough to play and sing at the same time. The way she danced and moved was easy to see she was trained in dance. She was happy and knew that if he really wanted to get to know her, was to do this. She was taking a huge risk with him. But something deep inside told her to, and as the song finished on the little snow globe her own music had finished and stood their quietly, blushing heavily but she looked at him.

To say that Cal wasn’t amused would be a complete understatement. Though he didn’t show it, he did seem very surprised that she brought a violin in. He listed to the notes and the lyrics as he watched Alexia play and dance. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a few people looking as she continued with her performance. The only thing that really changed was that he sat up a bit more during the whole thing. “Well,” he began to say, “I can honestly attest to the first that I have seen anything like this during an ‘interview’. It was very impressive though, and you have a lovely.” Wanting to break the ice a bit more he added, “And I think that you get to volunteer to provide the music to the company Christmas party this year.” Though he tried to be serious while saying that, he did let out a small chuckle at the idiocy of making her think he wasn’t fully serious.

“So music and signing,” he said as he was impressed. “What else do you do for fun in your spare time, Ms. Snow? Hopefully you won’t be trying to show me how much of an adrenaline junky you are with a bunch of bungee straps or things like that,” Cal added wanting to get to know more of her while trying to show a lighter side. He knew it was a gamble, though he was starting to realize that doing a semi-blind hire of Alexia was a very good move indeed.

As he waited for her response, he took a look at how long it would be before he would be calling it a night tonight. Though it was still early in the morning, he knew there was going to be a bit of work for him for the day. Though it did help him get an idea of what he could have Alexia do tomorrow when she came in. He was just hoping that there was enough small talk for the time being before Emily showed up.

She allowed herself to be swallowed by the music as she threw everything she was in it, when she was finished she was in her own zone. Until she heard him speak, she snapped out of the moment and tilted her head and laughed at what he had said. Shaking her head she sat back down and sighed softly. Looking at him she couldn't help but be surprised how good looking he was, she didn't really notice it till that moment. Her heart pounding from the performance and started to slow, looking into those eyes of him, she wondered what he was thinking. She wished she could read his mind, wishing that the ability was possible and not in some book, movie or comic. Thinking for a moment she hoped she didn't sound childish or stupid with her response.

"I read and learn new languages even though English is the language I was born to understand, I know Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and German. I have a lot of time on my hands, well I did. But I would gladly sacrifice my time for a job like this, its wonderful." She said her voice grateful and hoped he knew it.

Cal couldn’t do anything to avoid his attention being piqued when he heard that she learned so many languages. For someone so young, she did have a lot of promise and he was fully aware of it and he knew that the opportunity for her to shine would be in this kind of environment. “That is very impressive,” he stated as casually as he could, “It’s hard finding people who are able to pass as bilingual. Knowing so many, that is very astonishing,” he told her.

Cal thought to himself as he heard Alexia mention how much time she would be willing to sacrifice to the job. “The job is demanding, yes; though I never want it to fully consume any of my employees. I want to make sure that everyone has a good and healthy work life balance that they can manage.” He thought if he knew of any concrete examples off the top of his head. “One thing, though,” Cal began to say as he remembered something, “Sometimes people can get so lost in observing everything, every tick someone may have, that they forget who they are. So twice a year we usually have everyone go through a small psych evaluation, you know, just to make sure you aren’t losing your mind.”

As he was finishing up saying that, he heard his phone start to vibrate. As he looked down at it, he saw the simple text message saying that Emily had arrived. Once he looked back up at her, he could tell that Alexia was going to be a very good and profitable fit for his company. “If you don’t have any questions, I would like you to meet and go out shopping with my daughter, Emily.” He looked over at the clock, noting how early it still was. “I’d say to have both of you come back at about 4ish. I’ll have something lined up for you for tomorrow by then,” he added as he stood up and moved over to the other side of his desk, offering his hand to Alexia.

She smiled at him and was watching Cal she nodded to him not that she would say no to her future boss. She watched as he offered her his hand and she took it shaking it, she had the money that was for sure. "Sounds good Mr. Lightman I will see you then" She said softly and when she turned her head she saw a young woman coming in and noticed the resemblance and knew this was his daughter. She introduced herself to Emily and had a feeling this was going to be really fun. Looking back at Cal she knew that this was going to be a rather interesting job. And who knew perhaps this place would need her bilingual ability would be nice if that talent could be used since she had no use for it. She left the office with Emily and hummed a little as she had a song in her head, she was content by today and by this job. All she wanted to do was just have fun in that moment.

"Your father seems to be a good man" She complimented Emily on her father since she was being respectful and kind, something she was good at.

Cal watched as Emily showed up in his office. As he introduced both of them to each other, he went back over to his desk and sat back down. Cal logged onto his computer and pulled up his email and began to write a few. The first was to the firm he worked with for a contract and non-disclosure agreement. Though many people thought it was overkill, he had found NDA’s to be quite useful at times, especially if someone wanted to quit and go to a different company.

As he finished the first email, he began sending one to a former contact that worked for the New Jersey State Police. He took a small break and took out his phone, unlocked it and scrolled through his contacts until he got to the name he was looking for. Once he called, he sat the phone down as it rang and heard a voice on the other end. “Hey, Mike,” Cal greeted, “How’s retirement treating you?”

“Not too bad. What’s up?” Mike replied as he was curious to why he was getting a phone call. Though he didn’t mind talking to Cal, he knew it was usually for some form of extended work.

Cal thought for a moment as he listened to Mike sound like he was still waking up. “Feel like taking some of my money? I have someone who I think would be a wonderful fit for my company and it’s going to take a few days before everything checks out.” He took a quick pause, letting the information sink in, “And I figured you could take her tomorrow out to Atlantic City and see how she does at some of the casinos there. You’d get to keep half of the winnings,” he added knowing that the risk and reward would be fairly worth it.

There was a long pause before Mike spoke again. “If she’s bad and blows your money, I get half of the starting amount at a minimum,” he negotiated as he wanted to cover himself for his time. “Other than that, what time do you want me to show up?” Mike inquired.

As Cal gave the details, he informed him that he was sending an email to reiterate everything. As he thanked and hung up with his contact, he finished that email. The rest of the day was spent working on making sure a good background check would pan out. He was sure there were no surprises, though he did not want to take any chances. By the time the girls got back, he was reviewing her application and looking at the photo of her. Though he never allowed business to mix with pleasure, he figured that Alexia might be an exception.

When he sent her away with the girl beside her she's quite curious how this was going to measure out. She was quite happy that the girl ended up a lot like her and she enjoyed talking to someone around her own age because every time she looked at Cal she was a little nervous. Because she liked older men it was something that she hide from anyone that knew her. Every time she talked to him it felt like her heart was gonna leap right out of her chest so hard cloud her judgment which was why she performed in front of him and felt like an ass afterwards. But even after all that he was still gentle, still very kind to her, she enjoyed every moment with her. They hung out for a while and time passed pretty quickly because she was having a lot of fun and then it was around the time to go . On the way back, she did a lot of thinking about her future, no idea where this was going to lead her, she just knew that she wanted the job. She really wanted to work for him, maybe this was meant to be and she hoped to God it was meant to be. Because she was hanging out with his daughter, she learned a few things about him. She learned about him, even though it was little things like a daughter would know.

Once she got back and once she got back to his office, she said goodbye to his daughter and looked at him, he looked pleased she had nothing to hide. She did nothing in her youth. She noticed that he was looking at her photo. Why he was looking at it she grew curious and smiled sitting down in front of him.

"Everything okay Cal?"

Cal continued to look over the file as he did some more work. Though he knew what to expect, he still had to do his due diligence and go through her references and other bits of information. Though he could have easily made someone else do most of the heavy lifting, it gave him time to think. Most of the notes that he had taken earlier had been reviewed after he got back from a late lunch.

The only major delay would be the legal paperwork. Forms for wages and everything else would be easy. Now, it was just a matter of time for the non-disclosure agreement and other legal documents. Though it rarely happened, Cal got lost in his own thoughts as Alex came in and sat down.

“Oh,” Cal said a bit startled, “How was your day with Emily?” He sat up and put the photo and file down on the desk. “I’m sure she gave you plenty of information about me. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of it is how I’m ruining her life making her spend time outside, socializing with people,” Cal mentioned as he looked into her eyes. “For tomorrow, you are going to meet this person, Mike DeVerna, over in NJ. You two are going to be hanging out at Caesar’s and working on some gambling. It’ll be fun,” Cal told her as he gave her all the details.

“Once you get done with that, you’ll come back here, and hopefully everything will be ready for you to sign. Then it’s just a matter of finding a case to have you help out on. Any questions?” He inquired as he went through his mental checklist, making sure everything was covered.

Alex smiled as she listened to what Cal said she really liked his accent it made her heart beat harder. And beat a little faster he was good looking. He was kind he was everything in a man she ever want but because she was the shy new girl she didnt even think she existed before him and in his eyes, but when the time comes she would be surprised beyond anything. But for right now she smiled and laughed at what he said about his daughter how he said that he was ruining her life she couldn't help but laugh the girl didn't say anything like that.

" No, actually, your daughter didn't say anything like that. But then again, we didn't spend all day together either. Who knows, maybe we would have if we had more girl talk, but no I know some things about you, but it's all good things."

She had no idea why he wanted her to go to casino, but she just smiled, nodded and took what gave her with the information on it, she hoped that this was part of her job, but she knew in time she would see.

" Anything else Cal?" and in that moment she got a vision in her head about what she would love him to do to her, she found herself Wishing that he would get pin her against the wall and take her for the first time, she had no idea why she envisioned that, but she shook away the feeling..

He sat back in his chair and began to think for a second. His fingers slowly massaged his chin as he began to wonder if there was anything that he was missing. “Not that I can think of,” He stated as he went through a normal mental checklist of what she would be doing tomorrow.

Cal gave her a piece of paper with his most recent photo, phone number, time, and other information she would need to meet him. “You’ll have $500 to start with, so feel free to have fun, make me some money, and come back here at around 5PM.” As he looked her over he knew he shouldn’t have to say it, though he still wanted to make sure he had all of his bases covered, “Dress nicely, like, something appropriate and not like you just got out of bed and went to somewhere like Wal-Mart. Also,” Cal decided to add, “You can ask Mr. DeVerna anything, though he can choose to answer your question, or questions, at all.”

There was a quick glance at the file to make sure he saw her phone number. “If anything comes up, I’ll let you know,” Cal told her. “Other than that, I hope you have a good evening,” He said as he stood up and walked over towards her, getting the door.

She smiled at him and it felt like there was more to this, but she did not question it she listened and sighed softly. "Thanks Cal" she leaned over kissing his cheek just to show tanks and left his office. She took the money and knew just the dress to wear, it was if she ever needed a professional dress she was covered, she went home to get ready, she took a shower first and did her hair up while it was sweet, putting it in a French Braid she was never that great when it came to hair she liked simple. But here she would go all out. She listened to music as she put on a lotion she always put on was Japanese cherry blossom. She always made sure to not over do it. But part of tonight would prove a test and she was ready for any and everything.

She looked at her beautiful Blue Dressit was meant to be much shorter in the skirt area but this one was made for her so it went past her knees a bit. She knew one way of completing her task was to use her female charm on him. But not over do it, she grabbed her matching Clutch Bag she twirled around in the dress and was really happy. Her shoes were high heeled the same color as her dress. She hated high heels but nothing else was nice enough to wear with it and look nice. And lastly earrings and a necklace. The earrings were Hand carved and painted that were in the shape of butterflies same color as the dress and the Necklace was the final touch. She was content by home she looked then she got into her car and head to the casino.

Once she got parked she went into the ladies room to make sure she looked good. She touched up her makeup and hair a little. Once done she walked up and walked over to a counter, the Lady looked at her and greeted her with a kind demeanor and she spoke to her. "I'm here to see Mr. DeVerna" the Lady nodded and got on her phone and called for him, now all there was left to do was wait. Yesterday had gone by fast she just hoped to God she could do this, she was very nervous. So much so she was jittery and was just eager to get it over with.

Last edited:
Back