The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Nakeds! The espresso machine is ready to provide its bitter brew for those so inclined.

Ooh, prawns... yummy! I'm pretty sure we'll be doing a variety of shrimp when we celebrate the fella's mother's birthday.

If you're feeling like wasting the time, would you mind sending some of it over my way? I could use a few extra hours to research the plays we decided to present our Board for next season's schedule. I'm going to have to write up the proposal while I'm ON VACATION.

I'm not going to make this one either, but I have an idea cooking for Halloween!

I'll forgive you. This time. ;)

I'm glad you were able to avoid the SNAFU and am sure you'll be able to get your team to figure out how it all went pear-shaped and the best way to avoid that happening in the future.

Some time back, I mentioned a story that I'd sent to a literary magazine for a contest they were running. I heard yesterday that I was not named a finalist. How cool is that? I've officially joined the ranks of the greats! :D

Sorry to hear about your story not being picked for the contest, honey. If it was even close to the quality of your Lit stories, you have a piece of writing you can be very proud of. . :rose: :kiss:

Bet it felt good just to enter it... the story, that is... ;)

Enjoy your holiday. Have fun! You'll be missed...

Very carefully.

Well, if all goes according to plan, I should be getting better pay and benefits in the next couple months.

Oh? Do tell, john...

My schedule has been crazy inconsistent lately. I think I need a me-day.

Kicking boots optional...? ;)

Good Morning all.

Rolf, A glass of something for those members still breathing, if you please.

Sorry to hear about your story not being picked for the contest, honey. If it was even close to the quality of your Lit stories, you have a piece of writing you can be very proud of. . :rose: :kiss:

Bet it felt good just to enter it... the story, that is... ;)

Enjoy your holiday. Have fun! You'll be missed...

Oh? Do tell, john...

Kicking boots optional...? ;)

Rolf, second cup of coffee, please.

Steve, the company I'm contracted to is opening my position as a full employee. So I get to leave the contracting agency.

Rolf, second cup of coffee, please.

Steve, the company I'm contracted to is opening my position as a full employee. So I get to leave the contracting agency.

Well, I know the job drives touch nuts sometimes, but that's gotta sweeten the deal a bit, right?

Great news, john... :)

Oooh! Kicking boots mandatory. That sounds good.

I'm afraid I'm too 'nilla to help with that, but I wish you well in your search... :)

Cup of coffee mandatory! Our usual late-August-through-September heat has hit and I'm huddling in the air-conditioned cave doing nothing more strenuous than writing. I may just get this tale told in time for the contest!

Dampy didn't come by, so I had to lose the tattoo photo. Gotta try to be a little incognito, right?

Hope all is well out there, dampy!

Dampy didn't come by, so I had to lose the tattoo photo. Gotta try to be a little incognito, right?

Hope all is well out there, dampy!

Yeah, where is that girl...?

How are you feeling, shea? Better, I hope... :rose:

Anonymity? You mean someone might be able to identify me from the weave of my leg hairs...? :eek:

I love your tattoo. It reminds me of the little ICQ icon. Anyone else remember ICQ? Ah, happy memories... Does it even exist any more?

So, I spent all day putting together a very important package that needed to get shipped to another continent tomorrow. Went by the printer's, then to the courier's office, got it all packaged up and labelled and ready to go, just before the office closed.

Got home and realized I'd forgotten to include one. Fucking. Piece. Of. Paper. A very important one, at that.

Raced all the way back to put a note under the door begging them not to mail the package... And have to get up super early tomorrow to stand outside the door when they open and make sure I get that paper in.

GRARGH.

I want a martini and someone to do stuff for me.

So with so many out for the three-day weekend it was an ideal day to get the car serviced. Now . . . all clean and ready for the coming 'winter' when it might even rain a little.

Good afternoon nakeds. I have left over shepherds pie and chocolate fondue from last night. No extra ice wine though, went through that bottle a bit too quickly. :eek:

I made some more of my patent-recipe soup tonight.
The weird thing is that it tastes quite nice.

So, I spent all day putting together a very important package that needed to get shipped to another continent tomorrow. Went by the printer's, then to the courier's office, got it all packaged up and labelled and ready to go, just before the office closed.

Got home and realized I'd forgotten to include one. Fucking. Piece. Of. Paper. A very important one, at that.

Raced all the way back to put a note under the door begging them not to mail the package... And have to get up super early tomorrow to stand outside the door when they open and make sure I get that paper in.

GRARGH.

I want a martini and someone to do stuff for me.

All clouds have a silver lining- intercepted the package this morning just as my contact emails to tell me he's leaving and to send it somewhere else. Saved a bunch in courier fees too!

Now if only the universe would send me a couple kinky and pretty girls today, I'll be real good. :)

Summer contest entry "Buggered to Bermuda" posted. Yea, me! It should be up and votable on Monday. Please comment? I live for comments, especially helpful ones.

Morning, Nakeypeeps!

Olaf, honey, can you make me one of those hangover-cure drinks you do? :rolleyes:

Went to my brother-in-law's 50th birthday bash last night. I was dreading it (he's a nice enough guy, but we have little in common - sport is his life, I know eff all about it...), but it was actually quite fun. He'd rented a bar for the evening - a cozy little basement bar. There was food (nice), Guinness (good), dancing and some banter with my nephews.

Seems awful quiet in here lately. Holiday season, I guess.

Hi all!

I was not feeling well this evening (surprise surprise) and I slept from 8pm to 2am. That is about how much sleep I get a night. Now I'm wide awake!

Thanks, Steve, for the hugs, and for asking after me. Still not well, but perhaps circling in on a diagnosis. I'll know more next week.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, everyone!

I should not be up this late when I need to wake up early for an all weekend gaming convention.

*extra hugs* to Shea. Do rest up and feel better. :rose::kiss:

All clouds have a silver lining- intercepted the package this morning just as my contact emails to tell me he's leaving and to send it somewhere else. Saved a bunch in courier fees too!

Now if only the universe would send me a couple kinky and pretty girls today, I'll be real good. :)

Courier?. I thought that was a fount or something: Oh, I guess you mean Fedex, DHL or whoever. Our Post Office (or Royal Mail as was) deals with that, but I'd not have got a successful intercept of the package.
As to kinky and pretty girls, you cannot have both, as a general rule. Which would you prefer, kinky or pretty ?

Summer contest entry "Buggered to Bermuda" posted. Yea, me! It should be up and votable on Monday. Please comment? I live for comments, especially helpful ones.

For a Bear who's writing is well better than most other species, I am surprised:
Helpful comments notwithstanding.

Hi all!

I was not feeling well this evening (surprise surprise) and I slept from 8pm to 2am. That is about how much sleep I get a night. Now I'm wide awake!

Thanks, Steve, for the hugs, and for asking after me. Still not well, but perhaps circling in on a diagnosis. I'll know more next week.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, everyone!

Good Thoughts and Hugs, Shea. :cool:

Morning all. the coffee is on.

Better late than never, I guess.

My newest posted this morning. My first try at Celebrate. :eek:
The Star Trek one I got good help on here. ;)

I have just submitted my first story to Lit, yesterday afternoon. I know it takes several days to get accepted or rejected, that's no problem, but I forgot to check the FAQ's further to see if Lit notifies a person when a story posts, or do I need to check in a few days to see? Just curious. :D
Thanks. :)

You have to check back. An automatic 'posted' or 'rejected' notice would be a nice feature but Lit doesn't have it, yet. It will take a few days because the Summer Contest in running and Contest entries get priority.

I have just submitted my first story to Lit, yesterday afternoon. I know it takes several days to get accepted or rejected, that's no problem, but I forgot to check the FAQ's further to see if Lit notifies a person when a story posts, or do I need to check in a few days to see? Just curious. :D
Thanks. :)

With the Summer Contest running, figure on about 7 days. Maybe one more since you are a new writer.

Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back