The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread.

Beware of fake contests.

The deadline for submissions is Feb 5, and sometimes a day or two afterwards.

No, you can't have bestiality. You can have a werewolf (or other shapeshifter) who has sex with a human in human form, and sometimes in a hybrid form with a human (or another hybrid). But you cannot have a person having sex with an animal.

And you must know this after the time you've spent on the boards.

I was joking with the beastiality. Thanks for your time, "Pennlady." Much appreciated.

Sorry I missed the joke. Perils of internet posting -- tone is hard to get sometimes.

A few hours at the gym a week can help with that. Unless it's skin tone. There's lotions for that or that bright shiny thing in the sky. I forget what they call it. Haven't seen it in awhile.

Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The ouija board tells me that there are 40 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.23 from an average of 307 votes. Stories had an average of 19,637 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 11 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.78%. The average number of pages is 2.8, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 12,306 votes, 785,488 views, 314 favorites and 455 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.23) is 0.52 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 307) is 299. The median score is 4.39, the median number of votes is 171 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.00 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 1 story has had its votes adjusted, with 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 3 votes swept, being an average of 3 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 3. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (4 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (6 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (12 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers (1 story)

New stories today: None

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cndrlla69, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RjThoughts, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, sweet_lusciousdesire, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

40 stories so far (with at least a few more on the way, according to posts here) and only six days left to submit. Isn't this a lower number than normal for the Valentine's Day Contest ?

But hopefully there will be a deluge of stories in the next few days. Good luck to all.

I added a deluge of one to the pile - under 3k words, Erotic Couplings, destined to score low, but that's how I like 'em. It's called Erin's Hallmark Card, based on a true story, or so it says in the disclaimer at the top. :devil:

Poor delusional scouries.
The only AIR is in his head.
The contest he's ranting about is fake and you can't vote something fake number one in anything.
He should already know that as he voted himself the number one writer on Lit and still can't win a real contest.
But he can win one of his fake contests without even having a story posted.

Good evening. The dice tell me that there are 49 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.22 from an average of 317 votes. Stories had an average of 16,574 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.79%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 12,708 votes, 812,168 views, 326 favorites and 473 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.22) is 0.52 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 317) is 299. The median score is 4.36, the median number of votes is 174 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.95 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 1 story has had its votes adjusted, with 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 3 votes swept, being an average of 3 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 3. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (8 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Lesbian Sex (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (14 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)

Views by category

• Incest/Taboo: 354,831 (43.7%)
  • Romance: 116,801 (14.4%)
  • Loving Wives: 112,964 (13.9%)
  • First Time: 57,886 (7.1%)
  • Anal: 44,553 (5.5%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 32,161 (4.0%)
  • Gay Male: 18,362 (2.3%)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 15,616 (1.9%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 15,338 (1.9%)
  • Novels and Novellas: 13,252 (1.6%)
  • Fetish: 10,749 (1.3%)
  • BDSM: 8,987 (1.1%)
  • NonHuman: 5,820 (0.7%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 4,848 (0.6%)
  • Group Sex: 0 (0.0%)

Comments by category

• Loving Wives: 158 (33.4%)
  • Romance: 103 (21.8%)
  • Incest/Taboo: 87 (18.4%)
  • First Time: 28 (5.9%)
  • Gay Male: 22 (4.7%)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 15 (3.2%)
  • Novels and Novellas: 11 (2.3%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 11 (2.3%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 9 (1.9%)
  • NonHuman: 8 (1.7%)
  • Fetish: 7 (1.5%)
  • BDSM: 6 (1.3%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 5 (1.1%)
  • Anal: 3 (0.6%)

Favorites by category

• Incest/Taboo: 112 (34.4%)
  • Romance: 76 (23.3%)
  • First Time: 30 (9.2%)
  • Loving Wives: 29 (8.9%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 18 (5.5%)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 16 (4.9%)
  • Gay Male: 15 (4.6%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 8 (2.5%)
  • Novels and Novellas: 8 (2.5%)
  • Anal: 6 (1.8%)
  • Fetish: 5 (1.5%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1 (0.3%)
  • NonHuman: 1 (0.3%)
  • Group Sex: 1 (0.3%)
  • BDSM: 0 (0.0%)

Votes by category

• Incest/Taboo: 4,012 (31.6%)
  • Loving Wives: 2,779 (21.9%)
  • Romance: 2,758 (21.7%)
  • First Time: 965 (7.6%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 478 (3.8%)
  • Anal: 343 (2.7%)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 328 (2.6%)
  • Gay Male: 283 (2.2%)
  • Novels and Novellas: 271 (2.1%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 148 (1.2%)
  • NonHuman: 127 (1.0%)
  • Fetish: 114 (0.9%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 53 (0.4%)
  • BDSM: 49 (0.4%)

Average scores by category

• Novels and Novellas: 4.71
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 4.63
  • First Time: 4.58
  • Gay Male: 4.54
  • NonHuman: 4.42
  • Incest/Taboo: 4.41
  • Fetish: 4.36
  • Anal: 3.92
  • Loving Wives: 3.69
  • Romance: 3.58
  • BDSM: 3.12
  • Lesbian Sex: 2.24
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 2.18
  • Erotic Couplings: 2.10
  • Group Sex: 0.00

Hotness by category

• Novels and Novellas: 100%
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers: 100%
  • Gay Male: 50%
  • First Time: 50%
  • Incest/Taboo: 33%
  • Romance: 29%

Swept votes by category

• Loving Wives: 3

Number of views, votes, comments per day

• 20 Jan (Sunday) : 4 views, 0 votes, 12 comments
  • 21 Jan (Monday) : 114,886 views, 969 votes, 76 comments
  • 22 Jan (Tuesday) : 139,611 views, 2,601 votes, 90 comments
  • 23 Jan (Wednesday) : 126,329 views, 2,274 votes, 88 comments
  • 24 Jan (Thursday) : 64,770 views, 1,303 votes, 39 comments
  • 25 Jan (Friday) : 77,731 views, 1,330 votes, 43 comments
  • 26 Jan (Saturday) : 56,044 views, 917 votes, 22 comments
  • 27 Jan (Sunday) : 34,322 views, 541 votes, 14 comments
  • 28 Jan (Monday) : 28,184 views, 327 votes, 22 comments
  • 29 Jan (Tuesday) : 97,014 views, 1,295 votes, 26 comments
  • 30 Jan (Wednesday) : 46,593 views, 749 votes, 23 comments
  • 31 Jan (Thursday) : 26,680 views, 402 votes, 18 comments

New stories today

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, DeeZire, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RjThoughts, SAbitch, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella, silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire, TheScarletSiren, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

I put one in today. We'll see how Group Sex works with the sweetheart crowd.

Not looking to win, just like lots of viewers. My Christmas entry got 55K views, now up to 63K. Plus tons of views of my other stories.

Good luck to all.

I submitted my entry last night, so it should come out with audios update on Tuesday. It's called A Special Cherry Valentine - Lesbian It sounded SO good on my new microphone. I can't wait for everyone to hear the difference over my old headset.

I thought I would try something totally new for this contest. I think I might have one of the lowest scores. (I'm definitely in the bottom 25% and my score is dropping daily.) I got one comment today that helped me understand what people aren't liking, which I appreciated.

But why oh why couldn't someone have posted the thread about what turns people off about stories BEFORE I posted mine. ;-)

Live and learn. . .

First Time Posting

I'm excited to be in that crop of new stories that was posted today. I've never posted to Literotica though I've been an avid reader for years. Not sure why I picked to make my first submission a contest entry. Reading over this forum, I'm not sure if I bit more than I can chew, lol.

My story, The Prince of Valentinium, was posted in Romance, but I agonized long and hard *snicker* about posting it in Sci-Fi, but as I said in the intro my story, I think the romantic element is stronger than the sci-fi. Very exciting to be part of the contest and it feels pretty good to finally be a Literotica writer. We'll see how it goes. I write romance novels and sometimes I've written steamy love scenes, but this is my first attempt at full-blown Erotica.

I hope my story isn't too 'out there', but I knew before I sat down to write it that my imagination wouldn't let me do a traditional V-Day story.

I've read some of the other entries and want to wish everyone the best of luck! There's some great stuff that's been entered!

-Scarlet

I'm excited to be in that crop of new stories that was posted today. I've never posted to Literotica though I've been an avid reader for years. Not sure why I picked to make my first submission a contest entry. Reading over this forum, I'm not sure if I bit more than I can chew, lol.

My story, The Prince of Valentinium, was posted in Romance, but I agonized long and hard *snicker* about posting it in Sci-Fi, but as I said in the intro my story, I think the romantic element is stronger than the sci-fi. Very exciting to be part of the contest and it feels pretty good to finally be a Literotica writer. We'll see how it goes. I write romance novels and sometimes I've written steamy love scenes, but this is my first attempt at full-blown Erotica.

I hope my story isn't too 'out there', but I knew before I sat down to write it that my imagination wouldn't let me do a traditional V-Day story.

I've read some of the other entries and want to wish everyone the best of luck! There's some great stuff that's been entered!

-Scarlet

Congrats on making the jump I have been around for about a year or so but i still feel like a noob :) Good luck in the contest! :heart:

I thought I would try something totally new for this contest. I think I might have one of the lowest scores. (I'm definitely in the bottom 25% and my score is dropping daily.) I got one comment today that helped me understand what people aren't liking, which I appreciated.

But why oh why couldn't someone have posted the thread about what turns people off about stories BEFORE I posted mine. ;-)

Live and learn. . .

B...bu...but...it's a lovely story... maybe a bit unexpected in it's category, but gorgeous...

B...bu...but...it's a lovely story... maybe a bit unexpected in it's category, but gorgeous...

Thank you for the kind words SirHugs. I appreciate the feedback. You right about the category. I should have put it in Romance.

The larger reading public, however, does not agree with your generous adjectives. As I said, live and learn. In any case, I've got a lot of things in various stages of writing, so hopefully my next outing will go better.

Last edited:

Good evening. The technocrats tell me that there are 50 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.22 from an average of 277 votes. Stories had an average of 17,366 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.71%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 13,308 votes, 868,334 views, 349 favorites and 488 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.22) is 0.49 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 277) is 293. The median score is 4.36, the median number of votes is 154 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.49 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.00 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 1 story has had its votes adjusted, with 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 5 votes swept, being an average of 5 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 5. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (10 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (14 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)

New stories today

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, DeeZire, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RedMonkeyButt, RjThoughts, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella (2), silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire, TheScarletSiren, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

There have been more adjustments than one story. One of mine has been adjusted at least twice. It lost three votes at one point (no telling if there was other voting in the interim, but when the vote totals go down, you know there's been an adjustment). And this morning, the vote total was the same but the rating total wasn't--so there had to be some sort of adjustment. I don't know how one catches a sweep on someone else's story anyway.

Voting Frenzy

Mine is bizarre. 1100+ votes on only 37K reads. For me that's about 3 times the average on a story that isn't even doing that well. I wonder if other's are having similar results. Are votes really up that much?

Mine is bizarre. 1100+ votes on only 37K reads. For me that's about 3 times the average on a story that isn't even doing that well. I wonder if other's are having similar results. Are votes really up that much?

Sounds like we might be in for some large sweep numbers

Back