The Walking Dead

I don't mind shows and books that aren't afraid to kill off main characters. Sometimes it makes things better, other times not but it always keep you on your toes. What I don't like is when they feel they have to replace a character that has died. No reason for that.

So if you could pick which character gets the ax, who would you choose?

So if you could pick which character gets the ax, who would you choose?

I don't like Hershel and most of his family. They could all die except for Maggie and I'd be ok with that. Not a big fan of Dale either. He's sorta the moral center of the show but I don't need him.
So far T-dog is totally pointless. Most of the time you forget he's even there.
That being said, they need to bring back Daryls brother.

I don't like Hershel and most of his family. They could all die except for Maggie and I'd be ok with that. Not a big fan of Dale either. He's sorta the moral center of the show but I don't need him.
So far T-dog is totally pointless. Most of the time you forget he's even there.
That being said, they need to bring back Daryls brother.

I think Dale is sweet, but I agree that Hershel and family (minus Maggie) don't add much...their farm has given us the zombies in the shed and "Well Guy," but I kind of wish the survivors would hit the road again.

I actually hadn't thought of T-Dog! There's nothing wrong with the character, but I wouldn't miss him.

Daryl's brother can come back if it somehow leads to Daryl figuring out he loves Carol. I want him to be kind to her.

The guy that plays Shane is leaving the show, he gets killed off next episode (ep 10.)

I think Dale is sweet, but I agree that Hershel and family (minus Maggie) don't add much...their farm has given us the zombies in the shed and "Well Guy," but I kind of wish the survivors would hit the road again.

I actually hadn't thought of T-Dog! There's nothing wrong with the character, but I wouldn't miss him.

Daryl's brother can come back if it somehow leads to Daryl figuring out he loves Carol. I want him to be kind to her.

I figure Daryl's brother is coming back at some point. I'm also wondering about the father and son that Rick came across in the first episode. They were left alive with a hint that they might be important later on but then you never heard again unless I missed something in the first season.

I figure Daryl's brother is coming back at some point. I'm also wondering about the father and son that Rick came across in the first episode. They were left alive with a hint that they might be important later on but then you never heard again unless I missed something in the first season.

I don't think you missed anything. I've been waiting for their return, too.

If they kill of Shane, we're not left with a lot of man candy. :mad:

He lived longer here than in the comics. Just gotta hope Lori catches one too.

The thing is that comics can kill off characters all day long and not have to worry about much. Many have a certain number of issues to fill and that's it. No need to worry about anything beyond that. A tv show has to consider what might be an extended run. Nobody is going to end a highly successful show too early just because the source material only went so far. Look at MASH.. Killing off too many too quick could result in ending the show before it's time.

The thing is that comics can kill off characters all day long and not have to worry about much. Many have a certain number of issues to fill and that's it. No need to worry about anything beyond that. A tv show has to consider what might be an extended run. Nobody is going to end a highly successful show too early just because the source material only went so far. Look at MASH.. Killing off too many too quick could result in ending the show before it's time.

except the walking dead is still an ongoing series of over 100 issues and counting..and if anything, it's even more poplar now that it was when it was introduced years ago

they've kept Shane alive this long for dramatic tension... all theatre arises from conflict and this is a good one.... his death will leave a much bigger hole in the group then it did in the comic

Killing off too many? Henry Blake was the only one killed off and the show still ran 8 more years after that....

except the walking dead is still an ongoing series of over 100 issues and counting..and if anything, it's even more poplar now that it was when it was introduced years ago

they've kept Shane alive this long for dramatic tension... all theatre arises from conflict and this is a good one.... his death will leave a much bigger hole in the group then it did in the comic

It was my understanding it was no longer published as a monthly comic. Guess that isn't the case.

Back