Links not working, any other mechanisms?

chasten

Curmudgeon
Joined
May 12, 2009
Posts
34
Posting this here because I don't have permissions in Site Support and it's about restrictions on story content.

The link (those below) for contacting the Literotica team is not working; it just goes to a blank web page for me. Is there some other mechanism for contacting Laurel & Manu?

--Chas

From

https://www.literotica.com/contact.shtml

it tells you to go to the following to contact them

http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=81387&page=contact

The latter ends up at a blank page.
 
Last edited:
A story rejection

A Nonconsent story was rejected. Fair enough. I have no problem with that, per se.

The problem is that there's no real indication of why it was rejected. There's only the suggestion to run it by a Volunteer Editor.

The difficulty there is that 2 volunteer editors have already read the story and thought it was fine. After some back and forth with one of them, we can't even figure out how it's even as strong as some of the extended rape fantasy stuff that's been posted or the involuntary slave stuff.

I'm perfectly willing to take the site owners' feedback and either edit the story or decide that it should be abandoned...but editing it would just be random removal of stuff if I don't know what specific things they objected to.

Make sense?

--Chas
 
What exactly does the rejection notice say? They aren't always clear but a few here have learned to decode them and they often mean something completely different.
 
First, the rejection notice does give a general indication why it was rejected. Look at that again. It's in the form of a question.

Second, the only way to contact Laurel and Manu here is by direct PM (the private message system at the top right of this page) Just the name is the address for each. None of the other noted contacts have worked for at least over a decade. There's been some indication lately that you won't get a response to a PM either.
 
jaFO:

It says the message below. This seems straightforward except when you consider that neither of the editors have found that to be true...at least, in comparison to what has been accepted.


THEIR TEXT:

Is there excessive degradation, violence, snuff, or abuse of characters in your submission? If it is submitted as a Horror story, is it more snuff than actual horror?

END THEIR TEXT

That puts me in the position of randomly removing actions until I hit the one that is "excessive".

Since it's hard to describe a whole story without posting the story (*smile*), basically two characters attempt to assault someone they shouldn't. The end result is that, in retaliation, their emotions get screwed with to the point that they want more really good sex than they would have "sober" and end up hooked on it. Think someone wandering into a Faerie hill, although it's NOT that story nor is it Fantasy.

It's posted in NonHuman with a big warning both in the intro to the story and in the subtitle to the story that it is a nonconsent story.

The question becomes: Do they object to the whole idea or is it one specific act in the story that they object to? Is a woman finding out that she really likes the orgasms from the Nonhuman more than from humans the offensive part? Is it the guy finding out that he gets off on pain the offensive part?

I can't find any posting in the Author FAQ that addresses what kinds of things are okay (we know rape is, we know involuntary slavery is, we know serious violence is) and what aren't.
 
I think Laurel has been tightening up on "death in sex without going pleasurably" lately. I've had one that was rejected recently that was in the realm of what breezed through for years. I just dropped it from posting here. I write a line of murder mysteries. It's a little hard and "yeah really?" to give everyone a pleasurable death in one of these all of the time. I'll just post those somewhere else. They go without a problem in the mainstream.
 
KeithD:

Yes, I see that. Unfortunately, it's so general that it's somewhat useless.

For example, I just read a story about a guy breaking in and raping a mother (to save her daughter) and then raping the daughter anyway. That seems like it could fall into excessive abuse fairly easily, but it didn't. So, I'm stuck knowing where this boundary is.
 
I didn't kill anyone. :-D

However, if she's tightening up, then that may explain why stuff I found much more offensive is on the site.
 
KeithD:

Yes, I see that. Unfortunately, it's so general that it's somewhat useless.

For example, I just read a story about a guy breaking in and raping a mother (to save her daughter) and then raping the daughter anyway. That seems like it could fall into excessive abuse fairly easily, but it didn't. So, I'm stuck knowing where this boundary is.

What WAS allowed and what IS NOW allowed are different.

None of us knows exactly what Laurel's current criteria are for non-consent except that they seem to be stricter than they were.

Laurel reviews hundreds of new stories every day. What might have triggered a rejection on your story? She might not remember.

But all I can advise is to look at your story again and if you can't see the problem send a PM (Private Message) to Laurel.
 
Just go with the flow. There are other Web sites where stories that can't be put here can be published.
 
KeithD:

Yes, I see that. Unfortunately, it's so general that it's somewhat useless.

For example, I just read a story about a guy breaking in and raping a mother (to save her daughter) and then raping the daughter anyway. That seems like it could fall into excessive abuse fairly easily, but it didn't. So, I'm stuck knowing where this boundary is.

This is called the site does whatever the hell it wants and allows whatever it wants and you saying you were rejected for rape when rape is everywhere here will get the site toadies telling you you're an asshole and get lost if you don't like it.

This 'business' is run on whim. Either the owner(the only editor) decided to pay attention on your story as opposed to the hundred they don't look at, or there was one thing THEY didn't like and that's the only rule that matters here. Picture a twelve year old running a tree house. That's about how it works here.
 
Last edited:
What WAS allowed and what IS NOW allowed are different.

None of us knows exactly what Laurel's current criteria are for non-consent except that they seem to be stricter than they were.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read any burn the bitch stories lately?
 
I killed two off in my nude day contest entry. :rolleyes:

Something tells me you don't write the type of BTB stories I'm referring to.

There's BTB over there that makes non con look feminist and you know it, you just have a deep seeded inability to ever admit this site is a joke when it comes to their rules and content.
 
Back
Top