Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests

Old 08-06-2017, 07:17 AM   #26
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Battles View Post
I've been assuming it was sexual favors...
It seems from past years that there are in fact prizes. I believe it's gift certificates, as with the contest winners throughout the year, but maybe one of the past winners could confirm that.

https://www.literotica.com/s/2015-li...awards-winners
Winner of the 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"
Nominated for the 2016 Literotica Awards - Interracial Love Category - My latest "Strawberry" story - "Strawberry - a Shanghai Girl in America Chapter 4"
Nominated for the 2016 Literotica Awards - First Time Category - A chinese girl and a biker in - "Chinese Takeout - Chapter 4"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee

Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #27
RubiDia
Literotica Guru

I voted. Just kidding, I didn't vote.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #28
GrandTeton
Virgin

What's fascinating is how few votes there really are here. I suspect it has to do with the fact that trolls have no impact except to vote for someone else's story; they can't one-bomb the story in the contest. I was surprised to see Basic Shadow 9 up for an award in Incest/Taboo (it won't win, of course; my own fan base is too small). It seemed that generating a little attention for the series was a good thing and there have been a few nice comments since. On the other hand, the story score has gone from 4.86 to 4.81 (4.80 for a while) since the contest was announced. Who says all attention is good attention? However, why is practically no one voting? Chloe Tzang and I each have more than 600 followers, and the votes in our story categories in total (not just for us) are far fewer than that. (I only pick on Chloe because she set out what her numbers were once.) Another thought. I only found out I'd made it into the voting by accident (and that may be how I made it into the voting). Could the site not have sent us a note?
GrandTeton

Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #29
Son_of_Battles
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
What's fascinating is how few votes there really are here. I suspect it has to do with the fact that trolls have no impact except to vote for someone else's story; they can't one-bomb the story in the contest. I was surprised to see Basic Shadow 9 up for an award in Incest/Taboo (it won't win, of course; my own fan base is too small). It seemed that generating a little attention for the series was a good thing and there have been a few nice comments since. On the other hand, the story score has gone from 4.86 to 4.81 (4.80 for a while) since the contest was announced. Who says all attention is good attention? However, why is practically no one voting? Chloe Tzang and I each have more than 600 followers, and the votes in our story categories in total (not just for us) are far fewer than that. (I only pick on Chloe because she set out what her numbers were once.) Another thought. I only found out I'd made it into the voting by accident (and that may be how I made it into the voting). Could the site not have sent us a note?
GrandTeton
I agree with you. I found out about about me being in the contest by accident as well. I would think that with our new fancy home pages we could get some kind of Literotica mail. Nothing so drastic like a full messaging service between members, but at least notifications from Literotica itself. If they can inform me that someone Liked/Commented/subscribed, shouldn't I get a heads up that I have been nominated for an award? Apparently I was in the running for the December 2016 contest, as well as for November's, and I only just now found out. (I didn't win, if you were wondering.)

Old 08-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #30
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

I think there are so few votes because there are so many stories each day, that readers don't want to bother picking a favorite. Which makes sense. It's like if you watched 10 great movies a month for a year, then you were asked to pick the best one.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #31
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

I'd post why I thought there were so few votes, but Laurel would erase the comment.

Last edited by sr71plt : 08-11-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #32
Son_of_Battles
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I'd post why I thought there were so few votes, but Laural would erase the comment.
this is me 'Liking' this post.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #33
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I'd post why I thought there were so few votes, but Laurel would erase the comment.
Yes, well. I'd agree with you too. I didn't even know the end of year awards were on, I had no idea any of my stories were in the competition, Strayed across it by accident. I look at the number of votes vs the numbers of readers of stories and the while thing is a bit of a farce, really. Why bother if you're not going to publicize it. I mean, the big competitions, my story that won the April Fools competition got 1800 votes. Right now my stories in this end of year thing have something like 25 each. I mean, whose kidding who. Even if I win the 2 categories I'm in, what does that mean. Nothing except I maybe had a few fans that follow my stories far better than I do. I like the idea of a "best of" each category for the year roundup, but the way its being handled and promoted is meaningless, really. It's not going to actually mean anything winning it with this few votes. Promote it much better than it is on the Home Page or something. But hey, it's not my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
.....I was surprised to see Basic Shadow 9 up for an award in Incest/Taboo (it won't win, of course; my own fan base is too small). It seemed that generating a little attention for the series was a good thing and there have been a few nice comments since. On the other hand, the story score has gone from 4.86 to 4.81 (4.80 for a while) since the contest was announced. Who says all attention is good attention? However, why is practically no one voting? Chloe Tzang and I each have more than 600 followers, and the votes in our story categories in total (not just for us) are far fewer than that. (I only pick on Chloe because she set out what her numbers were once.) Another thought. I only found out I'd made it into the voting by accident (and that may be how I made it into the voting). Could the site not have sent us a note?
GrandTeton
Hey, pick on me. I don't mind. LOL. Really, I don't, and I agree 100%. My ratings have gone down across the board with this. Not sure what sparked that off, my latest story, this competition or a comment stirring up a troll or two but all my stories have gone down and some with low numbers of votes have tanked (one that was in this competition - the Strawberry one - went from 4.88 to 4.78 on a couple of votes). That's so cool. Love it. It doesn't bug me now, been here long enough and I have enough followers reading and commenting on my stories that I'm a bit blase about it, but for a newbie it'd be a total mind-fuck.

Whatever, I'll probably just do a bit of campaigning tp round up a few more votes. All things being equal, I'm a competitive little bitch (right, Pilot ) and I'd rather win than not, altho I put a good face on losing. At least, I hope I do. LOL.
Winner of the 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"
Nominated for the 2016 Literotica Awards - Interracial Love Category - My latest "Strawberry" story - "Strawberry - a Shanghai Girl in America Chapter 4"
Nominated for the 2016 Literotica Awards - First Time Category - A chinese girl and a biker in - "Chinese Takeout - Chapter 4"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 08-12-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:03 AM   #34
Son_of_Battles
Virgin

I've been siting on this for a while now. I'm pretty much the new guy in the room and I don't know how this statement will be perceived from seeing the “All flaming, trolling, and negativity directed at the nominees or the contest itself will be removed.”, and as a newcomer to the forums I don't know what the repercussions will be if someone feels that I have broken this rule. That being said, I am wondering how a character from an illustrated series could be in the running for 'sexiest transgendered/other gendered character'. As this contest is a literary one, illustrations defeated the purpose. I could easily see a category being made in the future for 'best illustrated character' for those that are inclined towards the visual arts.

Maybe I am coming off childish, I'm not trying to. If I'm out of line, just tell me to 'suck it up buttercup' and I'll move along. To be quite frank, I never expected to be nominated, let alone win anything. I also don't have anything against Silkstockingslover, she is one of my favorited authors. I've enjoyed her work for years.

I in no way feel like Silkstockingslover's story should be removed from the running in this contest. I only ask that someone look into adding a category for illustrations in the next contest.

Last edited by Son_of_Battles : 08-15-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo

Old 08-15-2017, 02:22 AM   #35
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

It isn't just illustrations. It's a written story with illustrations. It's probably been nominated for combining written treatment and illustrations, which, if done well, doubles up on the quality of the character description.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 AM   #36
Son_of_Battles
Virgin

[Arguing amongst participants, insulting nominees, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads.]

Last edited by Laurel : 08-16-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:05 AM   #37
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

[Arguing amongst participants, insulting nominees, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads.]

Old 08-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #38
Son_of_Battles
Virgin

And here I thought our conversation was down right cordial, Pilot.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #39
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Old 08-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #40
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Battles View Post
And here I thought our conversation was down right cordial, Pilot.
Yes, all that ominous bolding leaves the impression we were saying something really nasty, which we weren't.

Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #41
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

2 minutes ago I noticed for the first time, after reading this thread and being curious, that one of my stories is nominated in the BDSM category for 2016. I had no idea. It's the only non-chapter story nominated in this category. It's in second place, but well behind number 1, which has a slightly higher score and over twice as many views (though it's been up for 11 more months).

Until this moment I had given no thought to this issue, so what are the reasons for/against nominating chapters in long stories?

Why does this process take place so long after the end of 2016? Won't readers have forgotten about the stories by now?

Old Today, 01:52 AM   #42
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

There's not going to be any discussion of that on this thread. Laurel will erase any hint of it. She's going to erase even me posting this.