As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MRI tech has been giving me a hard time on the phone all day.
I can't wait to go pick up my patient.

I survived! And I survived without coffee from the medic.
It is a good thing, I would have blushed.

I signed up for the PI- Performance Improvement committee for restraints.

It is basically data collection and compliance to the restraint policy and research.
fun.

posey-2211-synthetic-leather-wrist-restraint-cuffs-lock_300308468373.jpg

I didn't know anyone used these things anymore. I haven't seen them used in years outside of intubated Pt's in the ICU. Our protocol bypass physical restraints and goes straight to Versed. We only restrain long enough to get the needle in.

I used to sell those. The nursing homes only bought the cheaper ones.
I have never seen those. We use the Posey disposable soft restraints with plastic buckles.
They work. I have only seen once person break free from them, and the man was huge with post operative psychosis. I am still thinking the nurse didn't apply them correctly at the bed rail.
I think that the ER and the Mental Health Unit have the real leather restraints.

Nursing homes should not be restraining the patients much.

That is an interesting job. "I sell restraints for health care." :)

I have never seen those. We use the Posey disposable soft restraints with plastic buckles.
They work. I have only seen once person break free from them, and the man was huge with post operative psychosis. I am still thinking the nurse didn't apply them correctly at the bed rail.
I think that the ER and the Mental Health Unit have the real leather restraints.

Nursing homes should not be restraining the patients much.

That is an interesting job. "I sell restraints for health care." :)

I may have "borrowed" a set. (4 required)

I didn't know anyone used these things anymore. I haven't seen them used in years outside of intubated Pt's in the ICU. Our protocol bypass physical restraints and goes straight to Versed. We only restrain long enough to get the needle in.
Going straight for the Versed is nice. I would rather chemically restraint and sedate, but when the patient doesn't require intubation and they are awake, wild and pulling out the IJ line- they need to be strapped down for safety.

My Fave Paramedic/ICU RN might bring me coffee! He's on the band-aid box today.
I'm gonna cream!
I really will feel like a princess.
I know I can't have him...
But I am gonna flirt and stroke his ego, like I've been doing for years.
I can't wait to see him out of scrubs and in that Paramedic uniform.

I just want to be in his aura space. Fuck.

Flirting with medics is a good thing. It makes them feel wanted.

Going straight for the Versed is nice. I would rather chemically restraint and sedate, but when the patient doesn't require intubation and they are awake, wild and pulling out the IJ line- they need to be strapped down for safety.

You should tighten the dressing on the IJ. Hypoxia does wonders for a pts willingness to corporate. In the ER they can use soft wrist restraints temporally but they are removed once chemical restraints take hold. In the field some guys will use handcuffs but I seen a de-gloving on a mental pt. restrained with cuffs wont do that again.

Flirting with medics is a good thing. It makes them feel wanted.
I do a good job with the medic flirting. :heart:

You should tighten the dressing on the IJ. Hypoxia does wonders for a pts willingness to corporate. In the ER they can use soft wrist restraints temporally but they are removed once chemical restraints take hold. In the field some guys will use handcuffs but I seen a de-gloving on a mental pt. restrained with cuffs wont do that again.
:eek: about the IJ dressing! Makes me want to comply.

I am working in Neurology and the neurologists do not like to sedate these patients in the acute setting, it alters the assessment. If they can not verbalize and demonstrate safety, they get wrist restraints easy.

I do a good job with the medic flirting. :heart:

:eek: about the IJ dressing! Makes me want to comply.

I am working in Neurology and the neurologists do not like to sedate these patients in the acute setting, it alters the assessment. If they can not verbalize and demonstrate safety, they get wrist restraints easy.

That makes sense. Without sedatives and under the influence of a brain injury I'm sure you have your hands full.

As stressful as I think the field, I doesn't compare. I get to leave my crazy people with someone else. I guess that's why medics don't get the big bucks.
I always wanted to do pre-hospital and slide down backboards in the snow. :heart:
Medics often do not get the praise they deserve. I cherish the medic lines.

I always wanted to do pre-hospital and slide down backboards in the snow. :heart:
Medics often do not get the praise they deserve. I cherish the medic lines.

I heard a lot of things in the line of duty. I have been told that I was hated by the drunk who didn't believe me when I told him that his leg is broke. I I've been told that I was loved by butt kissing Hosp Suits who seem to think that 9/11 is First responder day. (I really hate 9/11. I going fishing ever year that why I can get out of the parades and appreciation luncheons.)
I have never been told that I was cherished however. Thanks. I'm sure your pts cherish you once they get better. Even if they don't know that you were the one to help them recover

I heard a lot of things in the line of duty. I have been told that I was hated by the drunk who didn't believe me when I told him that his leg is broke. I I've been told that I was loved by butt kissing Hosp Suits who seem to think that 9/11 is First responder day. (I really hate 9/11. I going fishing ever year that why I can get out of the parades and appreciation luncheons.)
I have never been told that I was cherished however. Thanks. I'm sure your pts cherish you once they get better. Even if they don't know that you were the one to help them recover

They might not remember your name but they will remember how you treated them in a vulnerable position. I remember the first patient that remembered me. The patient could not breath and I talked the whole way through.

Me: This is what we are doing.
Me: Stop talking.
Me: We are preparing to put in a breathing tube now.
Me: Stop talking. We know. Save your energy.
Me: This medicine will make you sleep so the machine can work for you.

I was lucky enough to see the patient again. I went into the room and she said: You saved my life. I couldn't breath.

I think I might have cried.
------
You are cherished! In my controlled world of in-patient care, I never fail to remember the EMS.

As a side perv note there is something incredibly hot about EMS. It is not the uniform, cool trucks, flashing lights, straps and speed: it is the idea of the power behind quick assessment and fast clinical judgement that does it for me.

:ambulance:

I am wearing new white sneakers with red shoe laces to work. It is how I trick my feet from time to time.

Do you still wear hose to work and race to the bathroom to rip tiny holes in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back