As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only hope that that is never me or anyone I care about.

I had Partial Thickness Radial Keratotomy on my eyes back in 1980. That was bad enough. You are awake for the surgery, they just use a local on the eyes, so you can see the blade coming in. I knew this, and did my best to prepare for it. But no one told me you could HEAR the cuts, and that kind of freaked me out.

Can they hear the screws being unscrewed?

I can only hope that that is never me or anyone I care about.

I had Partial Thickness Radial Keratotomy on my eyes back in 1980. That was bad enough. You are awake for the surgery, they just use a local on the eyes, so you can see the blade coming in. I knew this, and did my best to prepare for it. But no one told me you could HEAR the cuts, and that kind of freaked me out.

Can they hear the screws being unscrewed?
Oh Dear! I can’t imagine that surgery at all. I wouldn’t tolerate it well. There is something about the eyes, I couldn’t do it. They would have to knock me out for that. You are very brave.

When I was a child I fell on a pile of bricks that was a broken down porch. The tender spot under my left eye gashed open. The worst part was the suturing. I cried.

When it was over, the sutures looked like a little black spider on my face. There is a small scar. It is noticeable when I smile. It’s a high cheekbone eye dimple.
---
I don't know if they can hear the unscrewing during the removal. I don't get to see the end product.

Oh Dear! I can’t imagine that surgery at all. I wouldn’t tolerate it well. There is something about the eyes, I couldn’t do it. They would have to knock me out for that. You are very brave.

When I was a child I fell on a pile of bricks that was a broken down porch. The tender spot under my left eye gashed open. The worst part was the suturing. I cried.

When it was over, the sutures looked like a little black spider on my face. There is a small scar. It is noticeable when I smile. It’s a high cheekbone eye dimple.
---
I don't know if they can hear the unscrewing during the removal. I don't get to see the end product.

I imagined a sound like a rusty hinge, loud in my head through the bone conduction--highly unpleasant to contemplate. I think I'd insist on earbuds and LOUD music while they were doing it. The thought just makes me cringe.

The manager must know about my masochistic tendencies that's why she's sending me to ER for the last 4 hours of my shift.

The manager must know about my masochistic tendencies that's why she's sending me to ER for the last 4 hours of my shift.

The E.R. is such an enigma--you just never know what, if anything, you are going to get. It can go from zero to DRAMA anytime the doors open. That's probably what I like best about E.R.

Oh, that's evident.
You'd be a bright light anywhere.

Actually, lightbulbs don't emit light, they suck in darkness.

That's why when the bulb quits working it looks so much darker--it is full.

I fully believe Janey can suck away the darkness.

The beauty of plastic surgeon style suturing is not to be underestimated. The delicate knots impressed me. And he even brought his own supplies to bedside!

Trauma thread looks like yarn in comparison. I am not complaining.

The beauty of plastic surgeon style suturing is not to be underestimated. The delicate knots impressed me. And he even brought his own supplies to bedside!

Trauma thread looks like yarn in comparison. I am not complaining.

They do amazingly detailed work.

Review

The heart beats wildly and ineffectively, without synchronized contractions, cardiac output is nil, and there is no peripheral pulse or blood pressure.
My heart beats wildly but it is effective, the pumping is in sync, cardiac output is adequate and I have a pulse and pressure. This is good news. I am not in ventricular fibrillation.

My heart beats wildly but it is effective, the pumping is in sync, cardiac output is adequate and I have a pulse and pressure. This is good news. I am not in ventricular fibrillation.

You should record it for us and post the audio clip. It could become the base beat for a hit record...

My dad was hospitalized early this summer (septic from a leg ulcer), and had to stay over a week. He called my mom at work one morning and said, "They told me I'm in ventricular fibrillation." Her response, dead calm and matter-of-fact: "No, you're not."

(Atrial, Dad, atrial fibrillation. BIG difference. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back