Avatar: Thunder rolls (OOC)

Which setting should we do?

  • 372 BSC

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 ASC

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 110 ASC

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 162 ASC

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A Different Setting

    Votes: 1 11.1%

  • Total voters
    9
And it only takes the will of one man to set the world on fire, but it takes heros to make sure people don't just sit and watch it burn.

tumblr_li7pp1VvaL1qafrh6.gif
 
What's with the face? :) "Some men just like to watch the world burn" - Alfred
 
"I'm not not the hero Gotham needs, I'm the hero it deserves" - Batman

"You remind me of my father... I HATED my father" - Joker

"I'm telling them it was all your idea" - Bruce Wayne

"You gotta little fight in ya, I like that" - Joker

"Do you know how to drive a stick?" - Batman

"Good evening comissioner" - Joker
 
Dearest Carter,

What the hell is wrong with you? You've been given reasonable arguments to why the Fire Nation would not rise up against Zuko and the rest of the world and go avatarverse-nazi again. It was quite evident in the series that those of the four Nations were not one-dimensional caricatures, but multi-faceted and developed to resemble real people. Like J said, factions of the old order would no likely still persist and be a threat to those trying to work towards peace. Even some of the denizens of Republic City would perhaps remain bitter about leaving the colonies that had once been their homes. But an out and out war would screw over any sense of canon we're going for. The wikia confirms this.

In the aftermath of the Hundred Year War, Team Avatar, led by Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko, came to an agreement with Earth King Kuei on the establishment of a Harmony Restoration Movement which aimed to return Fire Nation colonies to the control of the Earth Kingdom. One of the consequences of this action was the removal of Fire Nation citizens from the settlements they had created over the past century. This order of removal had considerable negative demographic consequences not considered by any of the parties to the agreement. A year into the the operation of the movement, Zuko withdrew his support after being accused of being a traitor, precipitating a confrontation with his friend, the Avatar.

After narrowly avoiding war, Aang and Zuko resolved this impasse by reforming the Fire Nation colonies into a fifth nation separate from the original four. This new nation would be a society where anyone from around the world would be able to live, and would be governed by a council with representatives from each of the four nations. They named this new nation the United Republic of Nations and established as its capital, Republic City, at a location in the northwestern Earth Kingdom.


If we went with the 110 ASC that has the majority vote so far, then this..the whole forming of the United Nations would be where we're at.

..on a different note...

Liam Freidenci sounds like a weird mixture of hebrew and italian instead of any asian culture that Avatar takes its inspiration from.

Fuck the sentinels. Ba Sing Se have the damn Dai Li to be the badass soldiers. Why the hell would there be the 'Sentinels'? Where were they during the siege of Ba Sing Se? Twiddling their thumbs I'd hazard.

Jeong Jeong seemed pretty dead set against teaching anyone firebending after Zhao mad him bitter about the thought of having bastards for students. Given how old Zhao seemed to be I doubt little old Liam was able to change his mind before Zhao became his student, much less before Aang managed to change his mind.

and on a more petty note. Damn, it must be really hard to learn to blend into a crowd.... in Ba Sing Se.... a veritable metropolis....brimming with people... from many cultures more likely than not. It must have been extra challenging with that faint glitter of Sue to set him apart. How ever did he manage it?

Hi, I'm the UnseenMaiden. I destroy dreams.
 
:) Calm down Maiden okay? The conversation between J and I was an entertaining one. I am in fact changing my name to an asian one. I apologize for pressing your fucking self destruct button. And yes the Sentinels because 1. the Dai Li were corrupt as hell and sided with Azula and 2. the Sentinels were created after the war was over. Also notice I said Jeong Jeong was subject to change, you proved it didn't fit the canon so I will change it. Being able to be unseen in ay crowd of people is a skill, granted Ba Sing Se would be on the easier side, it's a useful skill. Maiden please follow the golden rule: think before you flame and also refer to the last part of my sig line :D. Thank you for your cooperation, have a nice god damn day.

-Sincerely
-Carter
 
Protip about blending in with crowds: people give no shits about other people. Seriously, only thing you have to do to blend in is dress normally and not talk about the little green men too loud. They will ignore you and if you do happen to catch someone's eye, they will forget you.

I think what you mean is that he can disappear in a crowd(when being chased) which is a valuable skill. But not quite the same as blending in. Zuko managed the blending just fine and he's about as subtle as a blue pumagoat
 
Okay, so I suppose I have to step in here before this turns into Mephistophelily dancing manic circles around the flaming anarchy. To Carter:

After Team Avatar arrived in the city in hopes of informing Earth King Kuei on how to win the war against the Fire Nation, the Dai Li tried to stop them. They then, all of them, abandoned Ba Sing Se to join up with Princess Azula. When the Earth King came around he left Ba Sing Se to walk a pilgrimage around the world to see how the peasants lived.

At the time of the setting, he would be king once more and on the throne at age 36. Having completed his pilgrimage he immediately began deporting Fire Nation from the colonies. The Dai Li would never have been returned to power as he was, A. a proactive king, and b. they sided completely with the bat shit insane. Seeing as he's trying to push the fire nation out (so far to almost go to war for it, thought it never escalated so far), he would never make the same mistake twice in creating or allowing the Sentinels, and if he did go crazy and chose to do so, he'd sure as hell not make them fire benders or headed by fire nation.

Even if you chose to fight to keep the Sentinels as part of your backstory (there could be a vote), you are no longer their leader as everyone is a United Nation's colonists. Crafting elaborate backstory before the setting is in stone forces others to work around you.

Finally, the needs of the many is greater then the ideas of the few. If changes need be made from everyone to adjust to you, or you to adjust to everyone I'd prefer you adjust. Goes for everyone.

To Everyone:

I added a few new rules, and expanded on the setting some. I also gave an official starting time that will set up the actual campaign, which gives almost five days to tweak and fix your characters (Or make them), and expand on some premises. I do this because with a large number of people I like everyone on the same page, as well as use the time to flush out questions in the world itself. Things that aren't known but could come up can be discussed and researched.
 
Last edited:
Okay, so I suppose I have to step in here before this turns into Mephistophelily dancing manic circles around the flaming anarchy. To Carter:

After Team Avatar arrived in the city in hopes of informing Earth King Kuei on how to win the war against the Fire Nation, the Dai Li tried to stop them. They then, all of them, abandoned Ba Sing Se to join up with Princess Azula. When the Earth King came around he left Ba Sing Se to walk a pilgrimage around the world to see how the peasants lived.

At the time of the setting, he would be king once more and on the throne at age 36. Having completed his pilgrimage he immediately began deporting Fire Nation from the colonies. The Dai Li would never have been returned to power as he was, A. a proactive king, and b. they sided completely with the bat shit insane. Seeing as he's trying to push the fire nation out (so far to almost go to war for it, thought it never escalated so far), he would never make the same mistake twice in creating or allowing the Sentinels, and if he did go crazy and chose to do so, he'd sure as hell not make them fire benders or headed by fire nation.

Even if you chose to fight to keep the Sentinels as part of your backstory (there could be a vote), you are no longer their leader as everyone is a United Nation's colonists. Crafting elaborate backstory before the setting is in stone forces others to work around you.

Finally, the needs of the many is greater then the ideas of the few. If changes need be made from everyone to adjust to you, or you to adjust to everyone I'd prefer you adjust. Goes for everyone.

To Everyone:

I added a few new rules, and expanded on the setting some. I also gave an official starting time that will set up the actual campaign, which gives almost five days to tweak and fix your characters (Or make them), and expand on some premises. I do this because with a large number of people I like everyone on the same page, as well as use the time to flush out questions in the world itself. Things that aren't known but could come up can be discussed and researched.


Got it boss, I will make the changes
-
-
Got rid of the Sentinels, but for the record, They weren't government sponsored, they were seen as criminals by the King and his soliders. (Just sayin :))

Excited for thread start!
 
Last edited:
Name: Yun-Hee Wen
Age: 25
Homeland: Yu Dao, Earth Kingdom. Has lived in Republic City for three years.
Occupation: Tea server
Appearance:
Abilities: Basic earthbending.
Bio: Raised by their father, Yun Hee and her younger sister had, what she had always felt to be, a normal childhood. Probably more normal than others in the Earth Kingdom for the war never seemed to touch her hometown. Even with rumors of the Avatar’s return spreading, it was hard to hate your brother or cousin or friend for things that they had never personally done to you and the Fire Nation had never seen fit to have more soldiers dispatched just to patrol an already well-established colony. When the war ended, the only thing that changed for her was betrothal. A man that she had called friend all of her life wanted to now be called her husband and Yun Hee saw nothing wrong with the world.

Then the Harmony Restoration Movement was declared by the Earth King, with the Fire Lord’s approval, and her mostly peaceful town became far less so. Some left of their own accord, but others fought and lost. When the Avatar finally stepped in to avoid the escalating tensions that had arisen, Yun Hee had known that her betrothed, who had left willingly to ‘see the country of his ancestors’, would come back to her. Instead, she received a letter. He apologized for the heartbreak she was no doubt feeling and wished for her every happiness and that they could remain friends, but in the Fire Nation her betrothed had found a woman that he loved more dearly than he knew was possible.

Years later, when her sister had married and declared her intention to begin their new life in the United Nations, she humbly asked to come along. A new start had been needed, one that she couldn’t find at home, among those she had known all of her life.
 
Last edited:
Name: Sakoto Xai Yu Shandao (Sakoto the Molebat)
Age: 32
Homeland: Southern Water Tribe
Occupation: Homeless Wandering Doctor
Appearance: (To be drawn later)
Abilities: Sakoto is a master in alternative medicine and general practice. Through meditation and practicing on her own body she unlocked the Muladhara chakra, allowing her to get over her own fear and expanded her ability to sense the world through movement against her skin. She has the ability to help or hinder bending through acupuncture.
Bio: As a non-bender in the Southern Water tribe, Sakoto spent her youth learning about traditional medicine and alternative medicine methodology
leading to becoming a skilled doctor. Her specialty in acupuncture has made her knowledge of qi ("chi") paths some of the best in the tribe.
When the warriors left to participate in the war, the call for doctors became louder, causing her to join with other doctors and lead by a water bender in the healing arts, Yonoko Akime. They left the tribe with a caravan to practice abroad helping victims of the war. They wasn't there for the subsequent capture of the water benders by fire nation.
There she fell to a terrible fate, on the road to Gaoling there is a lush and vast jungle running along the southern coast, where there sits an in-between, a place where the spirit world and the mortal realm was thin. The circle of trees looked the perfect place to camp, and they spent the night by the fire.
Sakoto wandered away from the fire, and came to a gnarled tree where she met Koh, the face Stealer. There she screamed.
Sakoto lost her face that day, and her death would have been swift if she hadn't managed to get her knife free. Yonoko could do no more then stop the blood loss, leaving the wide slit mouth and narrow nostrils that caused Sakoto to be called the Molebat.
She left the group and found herself in Gaoling, begging for coin. The war came and left her, while she learned to live without sight. She found her training and knowledge of chi paths helped her develop her sensation of touch and hearing.
She finally managed to start traveling again, meeting the exile Iroh whom helped her regain her desire to be helpful. His words drove her to continue mastering her craft and when the war was over she felt confident enough to travel to the newly formed United Republic of Nations...
Weapon: Three-edged Acupuncture needles
 
*takes her PokeyStick from the dark dusty corner of her closet and jabs about for E*

HEY!!!
POST SOMETHIN' DAMMIT!!
 
Well, me and her caught the first couple of episodes. They... where good, but diverged so very little of the story.
 
Hey Pain since you got your face stolen does that mean you can't see or talk or smell? Could you post a pic of what the general look of it would be because I'm slightly confused.

-Thanks
-Carter
------------------------

As for Mr. J... some of us aren't as lucky :D
 
Back
Top