๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ’„Body positive๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿ‘‘

Very nice thread concept, MMW. I want to thank you on behalf of all those who need this, whether a little or a lot.

Let me say to you personally: I know very well that he makesyouwet; I also know very well that you makehimhard. You makehimsmilebigsmiles. You makeitsothathecanttakehiseyesoffyou. He dreams about ranging over you close up with his eyes and hands and mouth. Yeah? Guurl, you are Body Positive.

And let me say about myself and my experience with my woman. We've been crawling all over each other for forty two years. I first knew her quite skinny and with quite petite tits. I adored her like that. I then knew her with swelling belly and the wonderful fullness which comes with second and third pregnancies. I adored her like that. Now she is quite rounded, has a few scars which just sometimes I draw on with a finger, and I can bury my face [and other things] in her classic bosom. I adore her like that.

She has found this harder to adjust to, and in small part because it turns out she chose a Peter Pan for a husband - and I am deeply grateful about my jenes and my lifestyle for that, I can't deny. But I dearly hope, and yes I believe, that my adoring her as she is, and telling her that over and over in scores of different ways, keeps her positive about her body. That's what long term lovers can do for each other.

By the freedom she enjoys when I'm lying on my back and she going into orbit on me and she sees I am loving her ... I think I've got it half right.

That was beautiful, Simon. Congrats on so many years together. I've been every size from a 2 to a 22. Right now I'm a 16, so I got me some meat on my bones lol. With it has come giant boobs that I'm not always proud of and am still getting used to.

I love that everyone is so different. People really are beautiful, all of us. It'd be boring if we were all the same.

Me to Doctor: Damn. I've gained back ten pounds. You know how hard I've worked to get my weight down.

Doctor: What would you rather be? On the pages of a Victoria Secret catalog or healthy?

Me: What do you think?

Doctor: Healthy is good.

Me: I'm not sure that was my choice. :D

I get it. I do. Learning to be comfortable with one self and image is a lifelong event.

My "jenes" and your "boating" - shall we meet at word processing class? :D

*shucks she corrected it ...*

Me to Doctor: Damn. I've gained back ten pounds. You know how hard I've worked to get my weight down.

Doctor: What would you rather be? On the pages of a Victoria Secret catalog or healthy?

Me: What do you think?

Doctor: Healthy is good.

Me: I'm not sure that was my choice. :D

I get it. I do. Learning to be comfortable with one self and image is a lifelong event.

That sounds like you have a good doctor. Every one should be shown that. That doctor could have said some many answers.

Many books have been written on this subject. We continually choose to spend time on wrong discussions. Every thing around us, the news , our neighbours , our workplace, everyone is interested in pointing out what could have been or what it isn't. If the same effort is just put to use in looking at the positives we have, celebrate whatever we have I think most of our problems, insecurities with vanish :D

Life is no fun without the twist and turns I guess..

Anyway I hope this thread helps all of us take such steps in the right direction ! All thanks to MMW!

I've been lots of different sizes too, from rake-thin teenager to overweight forty-something. It's difficult to deny that I was unhealthy at my heaviest, and I felt better in lots of ways when I lost the weight (well, some of it... ;)). And I can't pretend that that how it looks (to me) isn't a part of that. I know I'll never be thin, and that's OK. But as DarciD's doctor says, aiming for 'healthy' should be as much as we're prepared to let ourselves be guided by anyone else.

I love all the comments about scars on here too. You're right to wear your scars with pride, however you came by them.

Great thread, MMW. And listen to CJ when he tells you you're beautiful, he's so right... :rose:

I like this thread. Happy and healthy doesn't have to be a size 4. I'm currently closer to 150 and enjoying a more curvy frame. Had to buy a few new jeans but oh well. At least now I have a butt !!

Here's to you all. All ages and sizes. Like that song everything is awesome !!!

I appreciate the thread you've started and the "struggle". I grew up a "chubby" kid. My mother bought my jeans in the "husky" section of Sears. I wrestled heavy weight in high school. When I went away to college I simply got tired of it and decided enough was enough. Instead of going out and drinking beer each night I ran each day. Further and further, and laid off the beer. When I returned home for Thanksgiving break people couldn't believe the change and complimented me profusely. It didn't matter. I still had that chubby mentality. I've exercised since then and yes my weight goes up and down. At some point I say, that's it and get back down again. Regardless, even at my age of 60+ it's still that mental image. You just have to keep beating it down and accept the compliments that come your way as honest ones. Bask in those. Enjoy and relish them as they are honest and you are better than you think.
I'm looking forward to more on this thread, and wish you lots of luck.

I put the "f" in fugly, but I'm still here.

MMW, Lady Numi, Darci: you are all beautiful in my book :kiss::rose:

Thank you all for contributing an commenting, I hope this thread keeps going.

I was always made fun of growing up for my looks - my chin, my eyes, when I was going through chemo I was "cancer girl" and told I couldn't be pretty because I didn't have any hair. Kids were mean to me. It's hard shaking those comments even now as an adult. Anytime I'm told something positive about my looks I kind of laugh it off because I don't believe it. Again, I am working on it :)

I was always made fun of growing up for my looks - my chin, my eyes, when I was going through chemo I was "cancer girl" and told I couldn't be pretty because I didn't have any hair. Kids were mean to me. It's hard shaking those comments even now as an adult. Anytime I'm told something positive about my looks I kind of laugh it off because I don't believe it. Again, I am working on it :)

Yes kids were mean growing up to us all I'm sure. But all you can do is take it one day at a time. And take all the positive things to heart.

Let me say to you personally: I know very well that he makesyouwet; I also know very well that you makehimhard. You makehimsmilebigsmiles. You makeitsothathecanttakehiseyesoffyou. He dreams about ranging over you close up with his eyes and hands and mouth. Yeah? Guurl, you are Body Positive.

I could not have said it better myself. Thank you, Simon. :)

And let me say about myself and my experience with my woman. We've been crawling all over each other for forty two years. I first knew her quite skinny and with quite petite tits. I adored her like that. I then knew her with swelling belly and the wonderful fullness which comes with second and third pregnancies. I adored her like that. Now she is quite rounded, has a few scars which just sometimes I draw on with a finger, and I can bury my face [and other things] in her classic bosom. I adore her like that.

And this is just awesome. You have something rare and beautiful indeed. And a good soul.

I put the "f" in fugly, but I'm still here.
MMW, Lady Numi, Darci: you are all beautiful in my book :kiss::rose:

Omg...you do not! You're awesome :heart:

It is sad to see the pains children go through. No kids should have to be the subject of negative self worth, by anyone, including their own peers and classmates.

One to always remember though is that bodies change, personalities don't. :)

Your personality shines. :rose:

What a wonderful thread MMW! I am truly sorry for what you had to endure growing up. I think you are beautiful inside and outside :)

I have 2 sisters who are very thin....my mother is thin as well. Me? Well I'm different. I do not fit their "mold" .....I am curvy and I love to lift weights. It's a struggle for me whenever I am back home to be around them and not feel ashamed of my body because I'm stacked a different way then they are.
That being said.....
Nevative words can hurt and stick with us sometimes and it sucks that it can distort the way we feel about ourselves. I think it is so very important to surround ourselves with positive people because we can embrace their good vibes and all feel good with eachother.
Short, tall, skinny, round, muscular .....everyone is unique in their own individual way.
:heart:

What a wonderful thread MMW! I am truly sorry for what you had to endure growing up. I think you are beautiful inside and outside :)

I have 2 sisters who are very thin....my mother is thin as well. Me? Well I'm different. I do not fit their "mold" .....I am curvy and I love to lift weights. It's a struggle for me whenever I am back home to be around them and not feel ashamed of my body because I'm stacked a different way then they are.
That being said.....
Nevative words can hurt and stick with us sometimes and it sucks that it can distort the way we feel about ourselves. I think it is so very important to surround ourselves with positive people because we can embrace their good vibes and all feel good with eachother.
Short, tall, skinny, round, muscular .....everyone is unique in their own individual way.
:heart:

100% dead on. The fact that some people have certain preferences which may differ from others doesn't make one body type preferable to another in general. And by the way, you look fantastic!:)

You are truly beautiful. You are incredibly sexy. I can prove it. :heart:

Could you?
I mean she never listens to me when I complement her. ;)

Currently, my big hang ups are:
1. Bell's Palsy so I can't smile the same as everyone else.
2. overweight

Those are the two big ones. I remember playing a game with a friend where we compare what we can't stand about our bodies and I lost. The thing is I know the outside doesn't match the me on the inside. Yet it's hard to stay positive. I see all the awesome looking guys on Lit and feel inferior because I don't have the arms or nice chest or anything. I see all the beautiful women on Lit and always believe they are so out of my league, even the ones who are self conscious about their bodies. Many still don't believe me because they think I just want to get into their pants or something.

I really hate the way we all get made to feel like we're not good enough. It still drives me crazy. All I do to get past it is remember who I am and remember that all I have to do is impress the man in the mirror daily. It's a daily struggle to be sure, but I hope my kids learn to love themselves from it.

MMW your a natural beauty so cease and desist on the worry.:)

Everyone has their own opinion of how they look and often as not spend to much time fretting over how they think other people think they look. Just be who you are and concentrate on being healthy and happy.

Back