What's cookin', good lookin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has ways of making me cook!

Had not actually cooked a meal in three yrs, but circumstances change and now (sadly) attempting to cook most days.

Tonight it's peppers stuffed with garlic cheese and mushrooms with chicken and cous cous.

Had not actually cooked a meal in three yrs, but circumstances change and now (sadly) attempting to cook most days.

Tonight it's peppers stuffed with garlic cheese and mushrooms with chicken and cous cous.

That sounds delicious!! Sounds like you are off to a good start :)

That sounds good! Do you put the peppers with the cheese in the oven?

We had huevos rancheros and guacamole.

A stew day here...

chicken, potatoes, and spinach with some Indian spices, coconut milk and a little curry paste...over jasmine rice. After it simmers down a bit, I'll throw in some brocolli or chopped peppers. I am the Queen of Chicken. :)

Looking to wean myself off of animals all together. Any vegans out there? How are you getting your protein? I need about 90 grams per day.

chicken, potatoes, and spinach with some Indian spices, coconut milk and a little curry paste...over jasmine rice. After it simmers down a bit, I'll throw in some brocolli or chopped peppers. I am the Queen of Chicken. :)

Looking to wean myself off of animals all together. Any vegans out there? How are you getting your protein? I need about 90 grams per day.

Sounds mmmm!....shall I bring the wine....?

I'm not vegan, but I'm vegetarian. I don't track how much protein I get each day, but I do eat a lot of tofu, cooked different ways. In fact, tonight I'm thinking of making a tofu dark chocolate mousse with silken tofu, organic cocoa powder, and organic sugar, whipped in a blender with a touch of soy milk.

I also have fun with different nuts...the eating kind. And, of course, variations on beans and rice. There is also protein in some vegetables, but you'd have to eat large quantities (like pounds worth) to get enough protein just from vegetables. One of my favorite things right now is spinach salad with sunflower or pecans (I'm mildly allergic to walnuts, but I hear those are good, too), strawberries and balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

And for me, I get some protein from eggs and dairy products. I sometimes have chèvre in my favorite spinach salad.

Who the heck pries open their sagging eyelids to make sweet potato fries at midnight??

Besides me.

Jesus christ, will someone from this thread please adopt me? You people eat like royalty!

My meal tonite: Digiorno’s Buffalo Style Pizza :(

Tonight: quiche lorraine with spinach (mmmm....spinach and bacon) and a glass of Ménage à Trois red.

Freshly made pumpkin and sage ravioli with a spinach, strawberry, and walnut salad drizzled with balsamic vinegrette...and a glass of '09 Castle Rock California Pinot Noir.

This thread, over in the How To Forum, was a fun romp along these lines. As I recall, the suggestion to use axle grease was at least partly in jest.
Well, yes, but we were talking specifically about things you'd find in an average kitchen. Axle grease?!? I think NOT!

Ahhhhhrrrrrrgggghh!!!

Who has time for grocery shopping?

I need one of those dudes that old lady's have that do the shopping for them.

Today it'll be bell peppers stuffed with quinoa, garlic, spinach and feta. And probably mushroom sauce from the last batch of chantarelles I picked last year that's still in my freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back