50 Shades of Twitter

Great Stuff
Talk about tearing a new one!

On the other hand, ELJ made a small fortune; not the critics.

Last edited:
The best one was "are you ever going to answer these or do you need Stephanie Meyers to create a twitter account first?"

when you see public reaction like this it becomes all the more mind boggling that the books are a success....

The newest is the same exact story, but from his POV.....hopefully that means this is the end because there is nothing left to milk at this point.

I expect most of you have seen this already, but here's where using social media turned out not to be such a good idea.
:D

As Bobby Jindal, among others, has recently found out.

When, WHEN will these people realize such things are NOT a good idea...

Oh it absolutely can be. If you display a sense of humor, and engage some of the nay sayers with something funny, it can actually very much work to your advantage.

But you have to know how brutal it is going to be going in, and I don't think a lot of writers do.

Oh it absolutely can be. If you display a sense of humor, and engage some of the nay sayers with something funny, it can actually very much work to your advantage.

But you have to know how brutal it is going to be going in, and I don't think a lot of writers do.

EL James proved she doesn't have the wit to handle that, because you're right a couple of funny replies would have turned it around.

But she seems to be socially....backwards to begin with meaning this was just not her thing and her publicist should have known that.

It's not just writers, it's any profession.

But yes, humor goes a long way. I think someone like James needs to find a way to let the stuff roll off her back, and then figure out a few things to say. But as LC noted, that doesn't seem to be her strong suit.

All this time I thought the General Board was an anomaly. It's not. It's a reflection of the general public posting on Twitter.

Back