Best sentence you've ever heard?

"You want to hear me scream? Do you? Play some rap music."

Bruce Willis - Last Boy Scout
 
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp .
 
"There's more than one way to skin a cat," she mused,
as she pinned its little feet to the dissection table.
 
"All I want to do in life dear is to make you happy!" Universal get out of jail card for when you really fuck up with your SO and you know it!
 
"Badges...? We don't need no stinking badges."

Blazing Saddles.
 
I was not, am not, and will not ever be a "Buffy" fan. But I absolutely loved Joss Whedon's writing and his gift for dialogue, as exemplified by the following exchange during the TV series:


Xander: Where is he? Where's the creep that turned me into a spider-eating man-bitch?

Buffy: He's gone.

Xander: Damnit. You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt-monkey.

Buffy: Check. No more butt-monkey.



"spider-eating man-bitch." Genius. ;)
 
The secret life of walter mitty

[Walter Mitty: reciting Life Magazine's Motto]

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."
 
Mr. Croup began to laugh. It sounded like a piece of blackboard being dragged over the nails of a wall of severed fingers.

- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
 
"My address book is filling up with dead people." Dalva by Jim Harrison
 
"No, my question, I get to go first: why in pluperfect Hell would you pee on a corpse?" - Perry, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

(Close runner-up: "A talking monkey, yeah, yeah... came here from the future, ugly sucker, only says 'ficus.'")

"Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos." - Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

(Close runner-up: "Oh please, dear? For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!")
 
Alec Baldwin, "I am God" monologue from the film "Malice"

I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from post-operative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.



(The entire thing here, with lead up conversation) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2dkDh4ov4
 
"If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over you."
 
Muhammad Ali

“I’ve wrestled with alligators,
I’ve tussled with a whale.
I done handcuffed lightning
And throw thunder in jail.
You know I’m bad.
just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, Hospitalized a brick.
I’m so mean, I make medicine sick.”
 
Back
Top