The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*hugs for Duchess*

I'm sorry you're not happy at the moment. :( But I am glad your kitty cat is safe and sound.

:rose:

Aw, thanks. I'm just cross. I shall go and get almond croissants in a minute and feel better.

I know, Piglet and I were so happy when we saw the cat in the back lane. I cried awfully hard when I got home and she wasn't there. How silly! We've only had her a week. Boo hoo! have some more chicken, Lakhi. (No, I do not cook free range chicken specially for treats for the cat. Oh, alright I do. LOL.)
:heart:

Sorry, the American in me is popping up. "RP?"

Anna:
RP. Received Pronunciation, I think.
It's all to do with how you say a word.
It ain't grammar or spelling, it's how it is spoken.

Yup. What he said. More here, if you're interested. I retrained a few years ago as an ESOL teacher (never needed it in the end, but it was interesting, if hard work as I was working full-time as well), which is where I encountered the term. As Naoko said, think Coward, Rattigan or Mr Cholmondley-Warner. :D

Aw, thanks. I'm just cross. I shall go and get almond croissants in a minute and feel better.

I know, Piglet and I were so happy when we saw the cat in the back lane. I cried awfully hard when I got home and she wasn't there. How silly! We've only had her a week. Boo hoo! have some more chicken, Lakhi. (No, I do not cook free range chicken specially for treats for the cat. Oh, alright I do. LOL.)

Swift kick in the nuts should sort him out, sweetie. Blade or not, he could use some serious "re-education..." :rolleyes:

I don't know what your neighborhood is like, but I would be deathly afraid if our cats got out. We have a very busy road nearby and coyotes in the woods.

I've got your cup of coffee ready to go along with your croissants.

Steve said:
Swift kick in the nuts should sort him out, sweetie. Blade or not, he could use some serious "re-education..." :rolleyes:

I don't know what your neighborhood is like, but I would be deathly afraid if our cats got out. We have a very busy road nearby and coyotes in the woods.

I've got your cup of coffee ready to go along with your croissants.

LOL, don't tempt me, Steve. I don't ask for a three course meal when I get home from a day out working, but when he said: "I got you a chocolate croissant!" I did have to choke down a sudden impulse to return to my ancestral Samurai ways. Unfortunately he actually is a Brown Belt in karate and I never did any, LOL.

Our neighbourhood is reasonably quiet but because Lakhi is a young cat and we only recently got her I was worried she would have run off and got lost. I was absolutely thrilled to bits when Piglet and I found her still near the house. We've all got very fond of her.

Thank you for the coffee! that's what I need. Almond croissant anyone? Large squishy pink doughnut? Nobody ask for a chocolate croissant is al! LOL.
:heart::rose: guys.

Our neighbourhood is reasonably quiet but because Lakhi is a young cat and we only recently got her I was worried she would have run off and got lost. I was absolutely thrilled to bits when Piglet and I found her still near the house. We've all got very fond of her.

One trick I was told upon having a new cat:
Put butter on the paws; It causes them to pick up the scents and tastes of their new surroundings. Don't forget, cats tend to be territorial and need to explore

Greetings, party goers,

I did have plans today...they may be scuppered...huh...

You plannin' on a maritime adventure?

One trick I was told upon having a new cat:
Put butter on the paws; It causes them to pick up the scents and tastes of their new surroundings. Don't forget, cats tend to be territorial and need to explore

LOL, I thought that was just a story! but there is a practical purpose behind it. Since we did find her (after hours had gone by!) I think she probably is OK now, although we are not letting her out today!

Cup of tea, my dear?

LOL, I thought that was just a story! but there is a practical purpose behind it. Since we did find her (after hours had gone by!) I think she probably is OK now, although we are not letting her out today!

Cup of tea, my dear?

Yes please, with six sugars, but do not stir it; I don't like to too sweet. :)

Well, I compromised and scrambled two; on wholemeal toast. ;)
I look forward to being able to have butter with keen anticipation. :confused:

Poor thing! You're being very good.

Oh, I have some good news! The first chapter of my werewolf story seems to have picked up some extra votes and has just slid up into Hotness! I'm very thrilled. I just put the next chapter up and am about to send one on a MILF and a builder cub to my editor. I shall have to put in a disclaimer saying it was not based on real life experience! ROLFMAO! I never have to do that for my gay sex chapters, LOL.

HP, I forgot to say, if you can't have butter, those olive oil spreads are much nicer than many of the other margerines.

HP, I forgot to say, if you can't have butter, those olive oil spreads are much nicer than many of the other margerines.

Find me one that [a] isn't frighteningly expensive and does not taste like axle grease and I'll try it.

But it seems that things are working slowly; I needed to tighten my belt another notch this morning! :)
On the kinda-bad side, It took nearly 22 hours to recover from a sort-of work-out in the gym on Friday morning. I fell asleep on the sofa for much of the afternoon.

Find me one that [a] isn't frighteningly expensive and does not taste like axle grease and I'll try it.

But it seems that things are working slowly; I needed to tighten my belt another notch this morning! :)
On the kinda-bad side, It took nearly 22 hours to recover from a sort-of work-out in the gym on Friday morning. I fell asleep on the sofa for much of the afternoon.

Way to go! That's terrific, HP.
You can get supermarket own-brand, they are just as nice as Bertolli. And look out for special offers. There are often buy two for a special price deals. S'long as you keep them in the fridge unopened, the olive oil spreads last for ages. You can open them and leave them and still eat them, they just go a different colour on top, I don't think that affects the taste or anything.

Way to go! That's terrific, HP.
You can get supermarket own-brand, they are just as nice as Bertolli. And look out for special offers. There are often buy two for a special price deals. S'long as you keep them in the fridge unopened, the olive oil spreads last for ages. You can open them and leave them and still eat them, they just go a different colour on top, I don't think that affects the taste or anything.

Thanks for the tips.
I went for a stroll this morning (any excuse to get my camera out); the nice part was that it didn't hurt as much this time as last.
But it was worth it. The local swans have eggs. :)

But I haven't a clue how to get pictures from my camera to Lit.
:mad:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips.
I went for a stroll this morning (any excuse to get my camera out); the nice part was that it didn't hurt as much this time as last.
But it was worth it. The local swans have eggs. :)

But I haven't a clue how to get pictures from my camera to Lit.
:mad:

Have you got your pictures uploaded onto your computer? If so, you just make sure the file is small enough (I forget the exact dimensions but the Lit thing will tell you). Click on Manage Attachments, below the post. Choose the picture file and then press Upload. If the picture is too big, it'll tell you also explaining what size it needs to be.

To be extra :cool:, you can then click on the piccie link in the Manage Attachments box, when your picture will open in a new Tab of your Internet. Copy the URL and you can paste that as an Image when you go back the message in the same way you do any images you copy off the internet.

Oooh! I can't wait to see the swans! and well done on the walk too! See how the energy is just rushing through you now that you are on a lower fat diet. (She says, holding her tubby tummy in after having indulged in a gourmet burger and a pint of Bath Ale Dark Side for lunch.)

Have you got your pictures uploaded onto your computer? If so, you just make sure the file is small enough (I forget the exact dimensions but the Lit thing will tell you). Click on Manage Attachments, below the post. Choose the picture file and then press Upload. If the picture is too big, it'll tell you also explaining what size it needs to be.

To be extra :cool:, you can then click on the piccie link in the Manage Attachments box, when your picture will open in a new Tab of your Internet. Copy the URL and you can paste that as an Image when you go back the message in the same way you do any images you copy off the internet.

Oooh! I can't wait to see the swans! and well done on the walk too! See how the energy is just rushing through you now that you are on a lower fat diet. (She says, holding her tubby tummy in after having indulged in a gourmet burger and a pint of Bath Ale Dark Side for lunch.)

There's a sort of "picture box" location thing on the net somewhere [forgot the name for now], and I got an account I've not used and for gotten the password anyway (not that I understood what it was all about, to be honest). I must have another go at it and try and get it working - sometime.

I just hope the pics are worth all this effort. I put them on my fb page, too.

OK, fourth load (of six this week :eek:) of washing's on, kitchen's cleaned (the next person to have an overspill on that damned range hob without cleaning it up is gonna receive an emergency colposcopy with a kitchen implement. Word.), pork joint's in the oven , as are the roasties.

This is the first time I've sat down since around 9.30 this morning. I'm rather liking the sensation...:rolleyes:

Olaf, honey, can I get an ice cold lemonade...?

I lay down for one second and I end up falling right asleep. Grr, curse my wretched body.

Not much planned today. Will probably head over to my parents to assist with some yard work, watch the NASCAR race I missed yesterday, and hopefully get some writing done.

Actually Naoko, HP; I prefer to post the pics to a site like Photobucket and link them into the lit forums. You don't have the file size restrictions like you do on the Lit forums and it's easier to manage pictures form a central location should you want to take one down.

I've found the Photobucket thing.
Anyone please give me a clue about shutting off that bloody advert whilst I'm loading a picture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back