Dear X:

Dear Patients Family Member,

I'm sorry to hear you do not feel your daughter is getting the care you and her feel she should be getting. Yet I am happy to hear that you feel you can confide in me.

Now let me give you the skinny on your daughters condition. Maybe then you will understand why I turned down your invitation.

Your daughter is a Prostitute who is hooked on Crack. She has a long criminal history of Solicitation. She has been a patient in many of the local hospitals. This time around she has come in testing positive for Cocaine, Barbituates and Narcotics as well as three different Venerial Diseases. (This isn't counting the Pneumonia which brought her in.)

The reason she is in four point restraints is because she is going through the DT's. The reason the Doctor hasn't given her the pain medications she wants is because her system is already so full of drugs what she wants would most likely kill her. (Did I mention the Police searched her bags when she came in and confiscated her stash?)

No I don't judge her, and yes I do treat her as a human being while she is my patient. That being said she is not the innocent little girl you seem to think she is, and no I am not interested in the least of knowing her outside of work.

Maybe it's time for you to understand what is happening an use some of your not inconsiderable money to help her straighten her life out. (Oh and stop trying to throw your weight around in the hospital. If you want her to have someone there to cater to her 24/7 then pay for a private sitter.)

Cat

Dear Madam,

These boys have been here since Saturday. They're good boys, for the most part, although they are boys, and most of all, I did not take them to raise, so...

oh, no, you did NOT ask me if I was taking my child to school Thursday morning, expecting these two to be here that long, and that I would take responsibility for making sure they made it to the first day of school!

One more time: THEY ARE NOT MY CHILDREN.

~ Cloudy

cloudy said:
Dear Madam,

These boys have been here since Saturday. They're good boys, for the most part, although they are boys, and most of all, I did not take them to raise, so...

oh, no, you did NOT ask me if I was taking my child to school Thursday morning, expecting these two to be here that long, and that I would take responsibility for making sure they made it to the first day of school!

One more time: THEY ARE NOT MY CHILDREN.

~ Cloudy

Sounds like it's time to start charging her room and board for her kids.

Cat

SeaCat said:
Sounds like it's time to start charging her room and board for her kids.

Cat

It's a tough situation.

There are six of these kids: two boys and four girls. There's one set of twins but the rest are like stair steps. Their mother is a piece of fucking shit that just drops them off on whoever will have them, and they mostly stay with their grandmother, but sometimes with an uncle here and there. I think there are five different baby daddies.

I feel for the grandmother. She's had open-heart surgery less than a year ago, and I know its really hard for her to raise all those kids, but its either that, or they get separated, and put into foster homes. Not a good situation, either.

They're good boys, not hard to deal with, they mind really well, but damn it...they're not my kids. If I'd wanted more, I'd have had more, you know?

On the other hand, I feel bad because this is one place, at least, that is stable, and loving, etc.

cloudy said:
It's a tough situation.

There are six of these kids: two boys and four girls. There's one set of twins but the rest are like stair steps. Their mother is a piece of fucking shit that just drops them off on whoever will have them, and they mostly stay with their grandmother, but sometimes with an uncle here and there. I think there are five different baby daddies.

I feel for the grandmother. She's had open-heart surgery less than a year ago, and I know its really hard for her to raise all those kids, but its either that, or they get separated, and put into foster homes. Not a good situation, either.

They're good boys, not hard to deal with, they mind really well, but damn it...they're not my kids. If I'd wanted more, I'd have had more, you know?

On the other hand, I feel bad because this is one place, at least, that is stable, and loving, etc.

Oh I understand, but on the other hand the family is taking advantage of you. Maybe they need to start paying you for your care and feeding of their herd. Like you said, if you wanted more kids you would have had them.

Cat

SeaCat said:
Oh I understand, but on the other hand the family is taking advantage of you. Maybe they need to start paying you for your care and feeding of their herd. Like you said, if you wanted more kids you would have had them.

Cat

Honestly? I'd feel better about it if they'd just sign custody of these two over to me, even though that would mean separating them from their sisters. They would be my responsibility, then.

Dear X,
What a childish bitch, I can't believe you actually went and did that. Don't say you didn't because we had 5 stories in the top 10 and all of a sudden the only one there is the one that had a 5.0 average on it. I wouldn't think it was that, however when every single one of the chapters scores suddenly plumit what else could it be? It's your own fault when you don't listen to rules and you don't pay attention to what other people write. I could go through and do the same but I won't, but god that is complete and utter bullshit.
A very upset me

Last edited:
Dear self,

I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle. I hurt and the nightmares are so bad right now. Now there is all the guilt to add on it. I don't know what I was thinking or why I did it. Its not like I committed an ultimate sin of any type. It was just a picture but it was the wrong one. I'm not as strong as I look. Your mistaken if you think I am. He will never know the torture I go through every day right now just to get out of bed and face the world. I would love to say I can just walk away but I cant. There is no way out right now, no options to set me free, just pain, constant pure pain. There are no options and that breaks my heart. He couldn't give damn what this does to me. What he makes me go through time after time and it never changes. He will always do what makes him feel better and I can go straight to hell. He knows what its doing to me. He knows its killing me and yet still he does nothing. He knows he has all the power right now and that there isnt a damn thing I can do about it. But thats not really true, I can do something about, I can make him listen. I'm so very tired of trying to fight my corner to hold onto something that I'm not even sure he truely wants anymore. If he wanted us and what we have then why wouldnt he be willing to fight for us as well. Smoke int he wind and all that torrid shit I guess. MY anger grows every day and I resent him for making it where I cant breath or feel the happiness anymore. I want it to stop soon. I really can't do this anymore. Please dont make me hate you, please stop ripping me to shreads.

xx

your last hope

Dear Friends,

I apologize to you. Apparently my computer activity is being monitored...so anything you have said to me in a confidence is now no longer private. I apologize for the violation.
Is this illegal or immoral or both? not sure
Maybe someone will start a thread.

P :rose:

SeaCat said:
Dear Patients Family Member,

I'm sorry to hear you do not feel your daughter is getting the care you and her feel she should be getting. Yet I am happy to hear that you feel you can confide in me.

Now let me give you the skinny on your daughters condition. Maybe then you will understand why I turned down your invitation.

Your daughter is a Prostitute who is hooked on Crack. She has a long criminal history of Solicitation. She has been a patient in many of the local hospitals. This time around she has come in testing positive for Cocaine, Barbituates and Narcotics as well as three different Venerial Diseases. (This isn't counting the Pneumonia which brought her in.)

The reason she is in four point restraints is because she is going through the DT's. The reason the Doctor hasn't given her the pain medications she wants is because her system is already so full of drugs what she wants would most likely kill her. (Did I mention the Police searched her bags when she came in and confiscated her stash?)

No I don't judge her, and yes I do treat her as a human being while she is my patient. That being said she is not the innocent little girl you seem to think she is, and no I am not interested in the least of knowing her outside of work.

Maybe it's time for you to understand what is happening an use some of your not inconsiderable money to help her straighten her life out. (Oh and stop trying to throw your weight around in the hospital. If you want her to have someone there to cater to her 24/7 then pay for a private sitter.)

Cat

Is it against patient confidentiality to 'slip' this info to the parents for them to finally see their daughter in a different light? But if I were you, I would leave the info for themto see, not tell them directly...that way its up to the hospital to prove it was you! lol
C

cloudy said:
Honestly? I'd feel better about it if they'd just sign custody of these two over to me, even though that would mean separating them from their sisters. They would be my responsibility, then.

I would contact the authorities and offer to 'host' these children in a foster care type program, if they have such a thing where you live. Once they find out they have been there that long without even a word from MOM they will question her ability to raise her brood.
C

Dear Boss,

Do I look like someone who was ever in the track team in her life? Do I look like someone who could run across campus, to the math building, up the third floor, and then back, in 10 minutes?

I don't. And I did tell you it would take a lot longer than that. And you 'okay'-ed!!! So why the hell did I get the 'where the hell have you been' look when I got back after 30 minutes? Couldn't you see I was still trying to catch my breath? I even had to remind you the conversation we had when you handed me the package, and the fact that I never ran track in my entire life. Just because I was in the badminton team doesn't mean I can fly back and forth like a shuttle!

And you're supposed to hold a PhD!!!

Next time when you need something delivered, please do not ask me to do the job. I'd be a better help in the lab than on the roads.

Sincerely,
Your student,
Dino.

dear you all know who you are

so yea i fucked up maybe. you wouldnt know if i did or not. cause maybe i had reason to say what i did. reasons you dont know about

anyway i was drunk. not that its a excuse but when we're drunk we do stuff we dont normally would.

i guess even though i knew i was fucking up i hoped you were friends. ive been told so many times people are there for me when i need them but that turned out to be a completely lie

so lets just all forget about what happened because i'm not the only one who fucked up.

whoever you are you broke my trust. i dont want to know who. it just adds more layers to my carefully constructed safety net. i dont easily trust. and thats just been changed to i dont trust at all. thanks for that.

so why this letter? i wanted you to know i'm not stupid. i know whats going on. so much for friendship.

and bottom line i was very worried. no one sees her but me. and no one knows how hard it is sometimes to see her hurt and love her and know theres sweet fuck all i can do to make her happy

so yea lets just all forget about it and move on. or try to.

jessi

Dear Zade

I'm about to throw you into the gladiator arena, and toast you with my glass of wine while I wait for the wild animals to find you.

Enjoy. :devil:

Nirvanadragones said:
Dear Zade

I'm about to throw you into the gladiator arena, and toast you with my glass of wine while I wait for the wild animals to find you.

Enjoy. :devil:

Et tu, Brute? :eek:

My life is cheap. But when I escape, my vengeance will be like none you've ever known. I will be the permanent shadow looming over you. The quiet footstep behind you in the lonely alleyway, and the presence in your room when you sleep at night.

And I will be waiting... Waiting for that moment that you least expect, and only then will you realise the grave consequences of sacrificing Zade for your own convenience.

:devil:

SensualCealy said:
Is it against patient confidentiality to 'slip' this info to the parents for them to finally see their daughter in a different light? But if I were you, I would leave the info for themto see, not tell them directly...that way its up to the hospital to prove it was you! lol
C

Oh it certainly is against Patient Confidentiality.

On the other hand I believe the mother does know. She just doesn't want to admit it. (Then again looking at Momma I wouldn't be surprised if the daughter fell far from the tree.)

Cat

Dear Dr B......,
Well you turned out to be a dumb piece of shit. Quite how you've managed to impress people is beyond my comprehension. Naturally, it wasn't your height that won them over... you might want to think about acquiring a 'hat wearing' characteristic, the glare off the bald spot is going to disturb some patients.

So what are we to make of you? One of the UK's leading neurologists, eminently respected, the merest mention of your name as my consultant neurologist brings confident reassuring smiles from fellow professionals, and the legal profession where I understand you've made quite show as an 'expert witness'. (Do they give you a box to stand upon behind the witness stand?)

It was brave and confident of you to so firmly state my probable illness on my Medical Insurance claim form within an hour of having met with me, and you carried forward the strength of your conviction in subsequent letters to my chest consultant, your friend the nerve conduction expert who made a few hundred quid one night from sending jolts of electricity through my limbs (I bet he works for the SAS on his day job), and latterly - some six months after your original diagnosis - in a letter to my actual doctor. I don't think you did yourself any favours getting into that foolish squabble with my medical insurers over fees, and your last letter 'insisting I'm free to do whatever I like with your letters' was perhaps just a shade petulant. Still... let not you nor I fall out over that.

We did finally get to understand that I had Lyme disease though, unless I'm completely off the mark, you never did obtain the results of the final confirmatory blood test (or if you did, you forgot to send the result to anyone). Which reminds me... you'll laugh at this... we paid you and your associates the best part of £8,000 to tell me what I already knew and even then, they couldn't actually confirm it by getting the blood test results back to you... well me... or my GP... or anyone who might actually have understood what they meant and been capable of acting upon the results.

Not that the blood results were necessary. You'd seen the tell-tale rash, or at least had it described by me, my wife, my family doctor, my chest consultant in his letter copied to you... and the photographs... Christ, I nearly forgot the photographs. Was this what you meant, Dr B....... by 'too much information. You are giving me too much information'.

I suppose it must be confusing when the patient says 'This is what's wrong, and look, here are photographs'. I can imagine it must make you feel rotten when you are being paid all that money and instead of being allowed to do your job, the patient does it for you.

Anyway... I just wanted to tell you all that is in the past, though it has been fun putting it all together for the lawyer. Pains-takingly slow as I kind lose track of what I'm doing half the time and tend to be exhausted after a couple of hours working on preparing the files and documentation.

Incidentally, I don't blame you for not reading the Lyme Disease guidelines. They are fearfully complicated and longwinded, though I suppose a man of your emminance cuts a swathe through the medical jargon that kept sidetracking me. I searched and searched through a dozen or more reports, guidelines and recommendations published by Medical Organizations and governments in the US and Europe and couldn't find one that agreed with your decision 'Lyme disease, no treatment necessary' - you really ought to think about writing a paper yourself because all the others recommend immediate antibiotic treatment to prevent long term neurological damage. People must be wasting a fortune on antibiotics.

There it is. Good luck, Doc.

Last edited:
neonlyte said:
Dear Dr B......,
Well you turned out to be a dumb piece of shit. Quite how you've managed to impress people is beyond my comprehension. Naturally, it wasn't your height that won them over... you might want to think about acquiring a 'hat wearing' characteristic, the glare off the bald spot is going to disturb some patients.

So what are we to make of you? One of the UK's leading neurologists, eminently respected, the merest mention of your name as my consultant neurologist brings confident reassuring smiles from fellow professionals, and the legal profession where I understand you've made quite show as an 'expert witness'. (Do they give you a box to stand upon behind the witness stand?)

It was brave and confident of you to so firmly state my probable illness on my Medical Insurance claim form within an hour of having met with me, and you carried forward the strength of your conviction in subsequent letters to my chest consultant, your friend the nerve conduction expert who made a few hundred quid one night from sending jolts of electricity through my limbs (I bet he works for the SAS on his day job), and latterly - some six months after your original diagnosis - in a letter to my actual doctor. I don't think you did yourself any favours getting into that foolish squabble with my medical insurers over fees, and your last letter 'insisting I'm free to do whatever I like with your letters' was perhaps just a shade petulant. Still... let not you nor I fall out over that.

We did finally get to understand that I had Lyme disease though, unless I'm completely off the mark, you never did obtain the results of the final confirmatory blood test (or if you did, you forgot to send the result to anyone). Which reminds me... you'll laugh at this... we paid you and your associates the best part of £8,000 to tell me what I already knew and even then, they couldn't actually confirm it by getting the blood test results back to you... well me... or my GP... or anyone who might actually have understood what they meant and been capable of acting upon the results.

Not that the blood results were necessary. You'd seen the tell-tale rash, or at least had it described by me, my wife, my family doctor, my chest consultant in his letter copied to you... and the photographs... Christ, I nearly forgot the photographs. Was this what you meant, Dr B....... by 'too much information. You are giving me too much information'.

I suppose it must be confusing when the patient says 'This is what's wrong, and look, here are photographs'. I can imagine it must make you feel rotten when you are being paid all that money and instead of being allowed to do your job, the patient does it for you.

Anyway... I just wanted to tell you all that is in the past, though it has been fun putting it all together for the lawyer. Pains-takingly slow as I kind lose track of what I'm doing half the time and tend to be exhausted after a couple of hours working on preparing the files and documentation.

Incidentally, I don't blame you for not reading the Lyme Disease guidelines. They are fearfully complicated and longwinded, though I suppose a man of your emminance cuts a swathe through the medical jargon that kept sidetracking me. I searched and searched through a dozen or more reports, guidelines and recommendations published by Medical Organizations and governments in the US and Europe and couldn't find one that agreed with your decision 'Lyme disease, no treatment necessary' - you really ought to think about writing a paper yourself because all the others recommend immediate antibiotic treatment to prevent long term neurological damage. People must be wasting a fortune on antibiotics.

There it is. Good luck, Doc.

*many hugs Neon*

I would have killed him by now, I really, really would.

H

Dear Neon,
I have no appropriate words. Just lots and lots of hugs and well-wishes for a very aptly-placed black eye.
The black eye is for, you know, ahem... *eyeballs scammy, scummy doctor from across the pond*
-Bluebell

Back