Feedback On Story

KelvinBlack

Kelvin Black Author
Hi... just a quick question from a relative newbie (although I lurked a bit a while back!).

I'm just finishing the edit of a menage story which I would appreciate some comments on.

The tale is currently around 10k words. I've seen lots of comments here for segments of chapters etc., but not so many complete stories such as this one of mine.

The question is is it okay if I post it up in its entirety, or should I perhaps look to get comments on a section of it.

Any guidance will be gratefully received - KB :)

As a rule, readers react better to a complete work. Serialized stories tend to have a visible drop off in readership over time.

Post the whole thing and be proud of it. If you would like someone here to give you some notes once it is posted, then come back with a link to it once it goes up

Hope the OP is referring to submitting the story to the story file. It can't be posted here on the discussion board either in total or in segments.

Hi... just a quick question from a relative newbie (although I lurked a bit a while back!).

I'm just finishing the edit of a menage story which I would appreciate some comments on.

The tale is currently around 10k words. I've seen lots of comments here for segments of chapters etc., but not so many complete stories such as this one of mine.

The question is is it okay if I post it up in its entirety, or should I perhaps look to get comments on a section of it.

Any guidance will be gratefully received - KB :)
10K is probably 3 pages, which isn't very big. I'd say it has to get at least 8 pages for it to be unusually big. I've gone bigger than that and have done well.

There's a positive correlation between # of pages and the acceptance of a story (# of favorites, ratings and # of comments) through at least six pages.

And KeithD is right in that you have to publish it before people can give you feedback on this forum.

Back