Story in the wrong category

darkoverlord6

Experienced
Joined
May 4, 2017
Posts
63
I recently submitted a story called "Touch Therapy" for the Loving Wives category. It was published this morning but in the Incest/Taboo category instead. The story is about a man who is having marital problems who falls for his wife's younger sister. Since they aren't blood relations I felt it was borderline as an Incest/Taboo story which is why I put it in Loving Wives.

The one comment I got so far said the story was good but that it shouldn't have been in Incest/Taboo, I am afraid the story is getting unfairly judged for being in the wrong place. Has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do about getting it moved?
 
I think this is one of those things where one thing trumps another no matter what.
At Lit Incest trumps anything else so if there's incest in it of any kind, it goes in incest.
 
That's all well and good but I have seen other stories with a similar premise in Erotic Couplings or Loving Wives. My story might be failing regardless of what category it was in but I think I would have been more comfortable going down on the ship if it had been in the category I intended it to be in.
 
Last edited:
I think you can appeal to Laurel and ask it to be moved, but she can always say no.
 
Definitely contact Laurel. I don't see why that would be incest at all. There's no blood OR legal relationship between a man and his wife's sister that makes it incest. And you're correct that the majority of readers in that category aren't looking for that subject matter.
 
Thanks. I sent Laurel a PM. Hopefully we can get it moved to a category that fits the story better. It will probably get slaughtered in Loving Wives but at least it will be judged in the correct light.
 
Thanks. I sent Laurel a PM. Hopefully we can get it moved to a category that fits the story better. It will probably get slaughtered in Loving Wives but at least it will be judged in the correct light.
You might have more success resubmitting the story with exactly the same title plus the word EDIT. Then include a Note to the Editor asking for the category change, explaining the details (Simon's note seems to sum it up well). That way, Laurel will see it in her process queue, whereas a PM might get overlooked.
 
Well congrats on a well written story. But I think you're better off in I/T than LW

First it's a category mutt. It could qualify for a few categories.

But the current score would disappear like snow on a tropical beach if it gets moved to LW. Although the BTB would cheer you the others would pound that score down. :rolleyes:
 
I feel your pain. A couple of my stories including one with a brother in law/sister in law were placed in incest/taboo though I preferred other categories. gordo may be right about it receiving a better score in incest than LW but that is another issue. I know some places don't allow actual incest stories in which case faux incest stories are the substitute but where incest stories are permitted I suspect the readers prefer actual incest. A proper tag system would improve things but I doubt that will ever happen.
 
Definitely contact Laurel. I don't see why that would be incest at all. There's no blood OR legal relationship between a man and his wife's sister that makes it incest.

Not in modern times, but it used to be considered incestuous. Mark 10:8 refers to a man and wife becoming "as one flesh", which gave rise to the idea that when you married somebody you acquired their relations. (The Simpsons riffed on this: in "Who Shot Mr. Burns?", Marge explains that when she married Homer, she took not just his name but his DNA.)

This is where terms like "sister-in-law" and "mother-in-law" come from - somebody who, for certain legal purposes, is treated as if they were a blood relation. The Church of England published a list of forbidden marriages which included close in-laws.

This attitude shows up in Hamlet (Gertrude marries her dead husband's brother, which is repeatedly referred to as "incest") and it was a key part of the split between Henry VIII and Catholicism.

I agree that it's not likely to be counted as such by modern readers, though!
 
Legalities are pretty much irrelevant in this. The erotica publishers generally sweep a whole bunch of relationships not considered incest in law into the incest category and treat them as such. Literotica is just following the erotica industry in this.
 
Back
Top