Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife took me to her women's group annual dinner. It's the only event of the year when husbands/partners are included, except as speakers - I've been an invited speaker five times in the last ten years.

It was their 30th annual dinner I've been to. Many of their members are the same as attended the first but at least a third are new in the last couple of years. They are running out of local venues large enough for the dinner.

As usual, there were no speeches, no formality, just general chat. Their rules prohibit discussion of children, families and domestic matters, except when their formal meetings have ended. Even at the dinner we talked about community issues rather than the forbidden items.

I meet many of the group's members in other venues as community activists. They always make pertinent contributions to discussions and debates and are worth listening to. Why not? Their every meeting is a discussion group on topics that their members have researched for that meeting.

I wish there were more people like them in our community.

Og
 
Ouch. My back is sore from working out last night. Movement feels awkward this morning...
 
Weapons tournament coming up, and you know....I'm not nervous at all this time. :D
 
All I ever do when I am at home now is watch TV or play Minecraft. And sometimes I play Minecraft while listening to the TV... I'm definitely addicted to that silly game...
 
Blah. That about sums it up.
Tired, cranky... I don't feel like writing, don't feel like reading..
And my boyfriend is asleep for the night at 8 o'clock on a Saturday evening.
Not that I wanted to go out clubbin' or anything like that.. But I rented a movie for us to watch while we cuddle. :)
He's not so very cooperative. *pout*

Soooo... I think I'm gonna go play 'The Price is Right' on facebook. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top