Story Critique Queue

The current queue is Peaches, Ken, Jacks.

Peaches,

Looks like Lance's discussion is winding down. Would you be ready to start yours sometime this week?

Penny

SixtyMinuteMan

When could you be ready to start your discussion?

ETA: Great job figuring out what I meant from the original mutilated post! :)

Last edited:
ummm does this mean I'm next?
I can't possibly go next, My story isn't even back from the editor yet!

Gawd, this sounds almost like the last story I submitted to SDC.

Pretty soon y'all will be saying I need :caning:

jacks4u said:
ummm does this mean I'm next?
I can't possibly go next, My story isn't even back from the editor yet!

Gawd, this sounds almost like the last story I submitted to SDC.

Pretty soon y'all will be saying I need :caning:

What do you mean pretty soon? :D

JohnL600 and PeachandCream83 have also expressed interest in a discussion, but I don't believe either of them is ready just yet either, go figure!

So you could be next, but you're right, you can't play without a story!

funny thing is, I told <redacted> to take his time, there was no hurry (that was ~3 days ago...) and since he's volunteering, I can't just up and say "I gotta have it NOW!"

I'll keep y'all informed.

By the way, what's the normal way to post a story for discussion - a story that's ~6500 words, and as yet unpublished? can I just attach the .txt or .rtf file, or just paste it in?

jacks

Last edited:
jacks said:
By the way, what's the normal way to post a story for discussion - a story that's ~6500 words, and as yet unpublished? can I just attach the .txt or .rtf file, or just paste it in?
Just paste it in.

Cool beans!

You're back- and good timing too. :)

Ken's discussion appears to be waning and Jack's not quite ready to begin his, so I think you can start yours whenever you feel comfortable doing so.

The suggested format for a discussion thread is here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=22610237&postcount=2

If you want to see a recent example, here's a link to Ken's:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=673241

If you have any questions, just ask!

I - could - offer up the un-edited version of my story... I do have a copy here, but it may be a little rough reading....

at least it'll keep the SDC going.

Jacks

I - could - offer up the un-edited version of my story... I do have a copy here, but it may be a little rough reading....
Jacks
Hi Jacks,

The queue's empty, so it's really up to you. I'd like to give Peaches' a few more days. How would you feel about starting yours later in the week?

Penny

P.S.
We're going on holiday all next week, so I won't likely be able to contribute until about two weeks from today.

Hi Jacks,
How would you feel about starting yours later in the week?

Penny

P.S.
We're going on holiday all next week, so I won't likely be able to contribute until about two weeks from today.

Yea, that'll be fine.

And I'm sure we'll miss you, but please, have a great holiday!

Thanks, Jacks, for your help with the Thomas Norcom incident. :)

We're on holiday for a week starting now, so if there are any SDC issues requiring immediate attention, contact Pure or Crim.

Hi I would like to be added to the queue. the story i have in mind is a noncon/reluctance. it was done for another member of the site. im looking for ways to improve my voting scores.

let me know if you can fit me in, thanks

Hi I would like to be added to the queue. the story i have in mind is a noncon/reluctance. it was done for another member of the site. im looking for ways to improve my voting scores.

let me know if you can fit me in, thanks
Ok, you're in.

The current queue priority is Jacks, JohnL600, and Mikeaday.

We'll probably start our next discussion Thursdayish.

Penny, I can go then. Recent insight has brought to light several questions I'd never thought about before. AND I'm not sure I'll ever see my story back from 'the editor' - so, I might as well get feedback, modify, then search for a more responsive editor...

Hello! Back from too long an absence.

Hello, all.

I'm currently pimping out my latest to a few editors, waiting for some feedback. After I incorporate some of those suggestions, I'll be ready for this chopping block. I've participated in the past, but I did comment on the latest forum this week.

The story is 15 50-word stories, inspired in format by Selena_Kitt and Oggbashan. Only 750 words plus title. It will not be submitted to Lit before I throw it up here.

Thanks!

Hi Jacks!

You're welcome to begin your discussion whenever you are ready.

Penny

P.S.
Because of her prior participation as a reader, I believe Ellabee will be next, with Mikeaday to follow.

Last edited:
Ellabee,

Jacks' discussion seems to have wound down. Are you ready to start yours? If so, go right ahead!

Penny

I have some questions about internal dialogue/pseudo-internal dialogue. There is a thread here in the SDC that deals with it generally, but folks aren't prancing out their examples. I have a chapter that just posted which have some places where it's been pointed out to me, but the remedy has not. I would love to have a discussion on this.

Should I just submit the chapter for critique and direct my critics to the specific issues I have, or should I just start a thread here or the AH (where I was going to go originally as several will comment there that never step outside the AH) or Story Feedback and just cut and paste my areas of concern?

I'm thinking, given the more general thread, this might be something that others could learn from also. (And I'll just go find some armor plating somewhere to reinforce my fragile ego! :rolleyes:)

driphoney said:
I have some questions about internal dialogue/pseudo-internal dialogue. There is a thread here in the SDC that deals with it generally, but folks aren't prancing out their examples. I have a chapter that just posted which has some places where it's been pointed out to me, but the remedy has not. I would love to have a discussion on this.
If it's a simple question, I don't see any issue with posting your example in that thread. If it's something a bit more complex and specific to your work, starting a fresh thread in the Story Feedback forum might be the ticket. If you find your armor and want a more substantial response, you're totally welcome to host a discussion on your chapter, or the entire story.

Last edited:
mikeaday said:
Hi, I would like to be added to the queue. The story I have in mind is a noncon/reluctance. It was done for another member of the site. I'm looking for ways to improve my voting scores.

Let me know if you can fit me in, thanks

Hi Mike,

Ella's discussion appears to have waned. Would you like to start yours soon? If so, feel free to start create your thread whenever you are ready. :)

Penny

Back