Share a Favorite Quote II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Capture a woman's body and you get sex. Capture her heart and you get love and loyalty. Capture her mind and you get the woman." :rose:

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

I-Love-You-Pablo-Neruda.png

Sometimes I think the things I remember are more real than the things I see.
― Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.

** Theodore Roosevelt**

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife"
Jane Austen - she was full of shit :D

Be kinder than you think necessary, for everyone is fighting some kund of battle.
-unknown

Compassion refers to the arising in the heart of the desire to relieve the suffering of all beings.

― Ram Dass :rose:

Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don't open the door to the study and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument. Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Jelaluddin Rumi :rose:

Arthur Stanley Eddington (1882 - 1944)

We have found a strange footprint on the shores of the unknown. We have devised profound theories, one after another, to account for its origins. At last, we have succeeded in reconstructing the creature that made the footprint. And lo! It is our own.

Space, Time and Gravitation (1920) :D

You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things. –Jamie Tworkowski

We strive for wealth, power, success, and a myriad of other things throughout life, yet as we reflect, we lament the loss of time that could have been spent in love,with family, cherishing friends, making memories. We only have a finite amount of time in our lives. Spend it doig the things that mean the most, not what will get you the most.

~unknown

“I love words. I crave descriptions that overwhelm my imagination with vivid detail. I dwell on phrases that make my heart thrum. I cherish expressions that pierce my emotions and force the tears to spill over.”

Richelle E. Goodrich

“I saw the great void in your soul
and you saw mine.”

~ Sebastian Faulks

I conjure thee by Rosaline's bright eyes,
By her high forehead and her scarlet lip,
By her fine foot, straight leg and quivering thigh
And the demesnes that there adjacent lie,

- William Shakespeare

Quotes

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

love that quote

Youth! Its wasted on young people! (woody)

quotes

When I asked a Buddhist monk how do I deal with difficult people? he replied "try to find a way to put love between you"

love that quote

Youth! Its wasted on young people! (woody)

I LOVE this Maya quote...beautiful..:heart:

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts. –Edgar Allen Poe

“There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.”
― Audrey Hepburn

“Bad things happen to everyone. Not that this was an excuse or a justification for wronging another human being. Still, all humans had this shared experience — that of suffering. No human being left this world without shedding a tear, or feeling pain, or wading into the sea of sorrow.”
-- Gabriel's Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back