What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 points on a project that kicked my butt (partly because I was sick the majority of the last two and half weeks).

I still remember how to make lady fingers and I still hate piping them. So I got lazy and just spread the remaining batter out on a pan to make into the base and middle layers of an orange marscapone cream Charlotte I'm making for this weekend.
 
Hearing from an old friend I had not heard from for a few years when we were both professionally and personally active in the LGBT community. Happy to hear he is still highly active on an international scale professionally, highly respected for what he does, and still his lovely cheeky self.:)

Catalina:cattail:
 
Finishing all the ground prep and finally sticking the pumpkin seedlings in the ground for my annual pumpkin patch. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin soup...yum... And maybe if it goes well a perfect one for a Jack O Lantern. Oh, and the pair of doves that watched me work through the entire project while lazily picking at seed and cracker bits I put out for them taking moments to nuzzle eachother.
 
Crocheting! I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I've rediscovered how much I enjoy this. but I do Tunisian crochet. I found half a skein of self striping yarn and some ombre ones. I'm having a ball just crocheting up squares and rectangles. Not sure what I'll do with them in the end though :confused:
 
I've rediscovered how much I enjoy this. but I do Tunisian crochet. I found half a skein of self striping yarn and some ombre ones. I'm having a ball just crocheting up squares and rectangles. Not sure what I'll do with them in the end though :confused:

I'm completely hooked on crocheting. (look, I maded a funny)
Today I crafted, with child-like glee, a purple (slightlty crooked) pot holder with a black, frilly trim-thing around the edge and a very amateurish representation of a litium atom embroidered on it.
 
Last edited:
Talking to my daughter and finally hearing and believing her when she said she has finally had enough, opened her eyes and brain, and will not be going back into what she has just stepped out of. For her sake I hope she doesn't waver from this line of thought and determination. Perhaps she needs one of her special 'dressing up boys' nights to lift her spirits.:)

Catalina:rose:
 
Looking across the room and seeing his beautiful smile...always makes me melt and thank the universe we found each other.

Catalina:rose:
 
Receiving a text from a friend I have not seen in months. He really has a way with words. "See you at the pub tomorrow night, if you don't turn up I will be offended". I am almost tempted not to turn up to see what he does when offended.
 
Completing preparation on a secret surprise honeymoon for my almost-wife. We're going to Japan (assuming the ash cloud over Perth dissipates within the next few weeks. Knowing my luck...) She thinks we aren't having one, what with my having University commitments and her having buns in the oven, but screw it. You only get married once.

Can't wait! :)
 
Completing preparation on a secret surprise honeymoon for my almost-wife. We're going to Japan (assuming the ash cloud over Perth dissipates within the next few weeks. Knowing my luck...) She thinks we aren't having one, what with my having University commitments and her having buns in the oven, but screw it. You only get married once.

Can't wait! :)

Sounds awesome...hope the ash cloud clears and all goes marvelously for you both.:rose:

Catalina:cattail:
 
My friends. Here, both new and old. And to my friends elsewhere, who are accepting of the changes they've seen in me. For the laughs, and tears, support and understanding and love.

No longer do I feel it necessary to dole out tiny portions of myself, a slice to one, a sliver to another. Pointless. Time consuming. Ridiculous.

And, to one special everyday (nonsexual) friend, who has given more to me than he realizes. His willingness to listen, to offer his thoughts, without judgement... Priceless.
 
My big sister handcrafted a pair of Durarara themed onesies for the twins, when they're born. They're baby-sized versions of Izaya's little sister's costumes, and they're freaking adorable! And all this while she herself is getting progressively pregnant-er. I love my family!
 
Navigating, with some success I believe, a better way to the end of things than anger and bitterness. Navigating, with great success, a new start.

ETA: I logged back on to post on the "what pissed you off today" thread...but instead I'll just say here: I'm bummed that I didn't get that job that I was really, really, really. really interested in...but I think I'll be happy about it, instead, because it means I'm one more interview closer to the right job for me. Plus, that new start I mentioned...seems to be all over the idea of cheering me up. :)
 
Last edited:
I saw a woman with what has to be the best mullet I have ever seen which considering I live in mulletville is really saying something.
 
I saw a woman with what has to be the best mullet I have ever seen which considering I live in mulletville is really saying something.
You *do* realize that mullet

240px-Mugil_cephalus.jpg


(or at least, the mullet we had in Florida) are only marginally edible, and then only when well-smoked, and you have to be really careful of all the bones... right?
 
I have been complaining about all of the birds that have decided my hanging basket is a great place to find food, building suplies, and even a great place for a quicky.

I've watched the different birds come and visit.

Today I saw a humming bird. :) There aren't even any flowers yet, but apearently word is getting around the bird world that wenchie's balcony is the in place.
 
You *do* realize that mullet

240px-Mugil_cephalus.jpg


(or at least, the mullet we had in Florida) are only marginally edible, and then only when well-smoked, and you have to be really careful of all the bones... right?

This mullet was of the hairstyle variety, a la Billy Ray Cyrus and his Achy Breaky Heart days.

Actually there a saying over here that someone looks like a stunned mullet (I assume the fish) so I could say that I looked like a stunned mullet at the mullet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top