how 2- help

robertreams

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Posts
1,993
Below find an excerpt from a story I am currently penning. I am attempting to write a modern update of a story called "The Enchanted Cottage", in which two lovers, on emotionally scared, the other horribly scared in the face see in other as beautiful only in the enchanted cottage. Well in my story, it is only in the yahoo Chatroom that either of them is perceived as beautiful, and then only to each other. Will they ever meet and if they do, will they be beautiful? Stay tuned. . .

Anyway my question is : does using the preface to each line as the Yahoo user id, as would occur in chat make the whole thing more realistic or only more boring? Also, How about using chat conventions such as "Y" "u" "2" "4", etc?


gingerman41: “Explorer, you there?”

explorer12: “were hav u been?”


For the fortieth time, John sent her a request for PM. What made this request different, she couldn't say. Perhaps it was bigdickman9 and the others' intrusion into her privacy. She okayed the PM.
 
Last edited:
Well, the idea is interesting, at least in my humble opinion.
The biggest problem is: think about us, the ones who don't have english as our first language. I got really lost sometimes with some form of abreviated writing.
Just trying to be useful and give constructive criticism,though, as i said i think it's a good idea.

Good luck with your job.
 
I would say cut the ID at the beginning of each line of speech as there are only 2 people in conversation, it is enough to have each person on a separate line.

Personally I would also drop the 'text speak' a lot of us oldies can't get a grip of it.
 
Personally I would not use text speak in a story I was writing unless the characters are teenagers. The reason being is most adults just don't use it in the real world as it is seen by many to show either a lack of maturity or intelligence,
 
What is a sig?

Signature line. Take a look at the signature line (the line at the bottom) of your posts in guest mode (not when you are signed in and have sig lines turned off). Your signature line currently is a line of gobblygook. You had to be the one who put it there. Apparently something didn't work when you did.
 
I didn't even know I had a signature line. I certainly haven't accessed it, since I do not know how and only now learned of its existence. In addition, I do not believe I have ever been 'just a guest" on this site, whatever that means, I have always been signed in, as far as I know.
 
Well, I just found, show your signature and clicked on it. As far as I can tell. nothing happened. I'll try it now.
 
I have just reviewed every post in the last month, and I cannot find a signature at the bottom of any of them, even though have "show your signature" clicked. So far I have not found anywhere to set up my signature.
 
Well, I and others see one. Even on what you just posted. It "reads":

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"[size="4"][/SIZE , with a couple of emoticons at the end that didn't copy in what I have posted.

By "guest," I was trying to convey that you have to look at the forum without signing into your account, if you have sig lines turned off.
 
As I said, I did not know you could look at forum without signing in. I do not know where a signature line might be. I have looked but do not see it. Nor have I seen it on anyone else'a post. I would gladly edit it if you could tell me how to find it.
 
Well, now I have tried to click on the box that says, "Show your signature" and it will not turn off. I never paid it any attention because as I said I don't know how and never had any reason to sign anything.
 
Well, now I have tried to click on the box that says, "Show your signature" and it will not turn off. I never paid it any attention because as I said I don't know how and never had any reason to sign anything.

The sig isn't for 'signing' things. :rolleyes:

Instead, the sig offers information about the author. For example, I have links to my story page, my blog, an article I have at an online literary publication, etc.
 
Signature option is not in profile. but no sweat I found it. It should be removed now and replaced by my real signature and my real name. I have decided to come out of the closet as a pornographer which I now regard as a noble profession.
 
I never said the option was in your profile. You said it was gone, and it wasn't. I was just posting a link to where you could see what we were seeing.
 
Back
Top