Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Chas I want your opinion on a small matter.

Raw power wise

Lobo vs Superman

Armwresling on Earth

Pick one and defend your pick

Venom will never be obsolete. But the next fight is going to be special. Jaime and Khaji finally need to meld in the way that Danvers and the Symbiote did. So for the first time in the franchise Blue Beetle will be fully integrated. We've never seen that before.

As far as power level...I doubt Lunar will let me use Spectre Class powers, which is technically what The Beetle is supposed to have the potential to so.

Just checking

Do not want the first meeting between the two aliens go all bug splatter on Blue's visor :D

Chas I want your opinion on a small matter.

Raw power wise

Lobo vs Superman

Armwresling on Earth

Pick one and defend your pick

Lobo is tough as nails, and Czarnians are meant to be near-Kryptonian level, or at least Lobo is.

But I don't think Lobo is quite as strong as Superman-- I think Supes has that edge. Lobo's healing factor makes up for not quite being as strong, he can take a licking and keep on ticking, even healing back from a single drop of blood if he has to-- but Supes can dish out the sort of licking that Lobo would have to heal back from.

I gotta give it to Clark.

The effort expended by both parties would likely register on a seismic level but ultimately Lobo would be the one snarling and swearing and trying to cheat by using both hands.

That's sort of how I understand it too. Also, from all the research I've done, the only real limitation of how powerful the Beetle could become, is the belief of the user. Jaime has always been able to do more than the others, because he was a kid. He literally didn't know what he shouldn't be able to do, so he never doubted himself. Like Peter walking on water until he began to think he shouldn't be able to.

If Khaji and Jaime become a more unified partnership, akin to one personality born of both minds...who knows. They might have no limitations. which of course would mean that they need to die, because something that powerful just can't be allowed to exist.

Perhaps the unified partnership is unsustainable on a long-term basis, and they have to become discrete minds again in order to continue functioning. That would give you an emergency Super Saiyan mode but establish limits that would make it way less gamebreaking.

I have been listening to music all day, coming up with a soundtrack for Frank Craft.

Awesome! I've been looking forward to hearing more from him.

Lobo is tough as nails, and Czarnians are meant to be near-Kryptonian level, or at least Lobo is.

But I don't think Lobo is quite as strong as Superman-- I think Supes has that edge. Lobo's healing factor makes up for not quite being as strong, he can take a licking and keep on ticking, even healing back from a single drop of blood if he has to-- but Supes can dish out the sort of licking that Lobo would have to heal back from.

I gotta give it to Clark.

The effort expended by both parties would likely register on a seismic level but ultimately Lobo would be the one snarling and swearing and trying to cheat by using both hands.

You know Chass I am going to worship you as my comic goddess, the fact that you know of Lobo makes you perfect for the role.

Now go put on that golden armor and Greek sandals so that I can kiss your feet :p

Hehe

All joking aside, thanks for the feedback. Since I know that Lobo can take Supes on and take him to the limit I was wondering what the outcome would be in a simple power match without flight, weapons etc etc

But this does bring me to a question which I came across in a comic book. Do you know what this radiation thing is under red, yellow and white suns?

Just checking

Do not want the first meeting between the two aliens go all bug splatter on Blue's visor :D

It's basically like a real life fight man. It's not all about strength. It's not even about brains, though that counts for more than raw physical ability.

Take us. If you and I fought most people would bet on you, just because you are much more physically in shape than I am (6'3'' but about 350lbs give or take, with high BP and type 2 diabetes)

Now I don't know about training level, for a guy who has never been military I have had some pretty decent training, Tae Kwan Do, Kem Po, Aikido, little Judo and some Boxing and wrestling, tactical firearms training, knife fighting and throwing and I know a little bit about explosives.

I have also studied history, psychology, sociology, physics, the Occult and Philosophy, literature and Criminology in college. My IQ is 129.

I believe you are a law enforcement officer, or former leo who is also ex military, possibly special forces? So your training matches or exceeds mine.

But I also suffer PTSD, Major Depression, various anxiety disorders, possible borderline personality disorder and we think a mild form of aspergers autism.

ALL of those things come into play for who wins a fight to the death between us, but in the end, you know as well as I do that really only two things matter.

How much damage and pain you can take and keep fighting.
And how much damage do you have the will to dish out.

Essentially the only thing that really counts is the will to do whatever you must to survive.

Last edited:
Well in a proper throwdown Blue will have to use sonics or fire. Apart from those two even a symbiote with amnesia will be hard to put down and I feel that you are right about training and such, but I feel that if the symbiote have bonded with say... Pete Ross, then it will still take a llt to actually put him down.

Just curious, did anybody get the lead up to one of Venom's favourite sayings in my last IC post?

You know Chass I am going to worship you as my comic goddess, the fact that you know of Lobo makes you perfect for the role.

Now go put on that golden armor and Greek sandals so that I can kiss your feet :p

Hehe

All joking aside, thanks for the feedback. Since I know that Lobo can take Supes on and take him to the limit I was wondering what the outcome would be in a simple power match without flight, weapons etc etc

But this does bring me to a question which I came across in a comic book. Do you know what this radiation thing is under red, yellow and white suns?

I thought she had already had that position. Along with a few of the other ladies that frequent around from time to time.

I thought she had already had that position. Along with a few of the other ladies that frequent around from time to time.

Hmmm not to me no.

To get exhalted or however you spell that, into my books into goddess mode, you need to write a one-on-one RP with me, impress me with ideas and then still answer questions, then after being risen up high, I will accept the ruling power until the crown tarnishes and I only become another crack in the castle of glass. Then I hunt for a permanent goddess once more

Hehe

I'm a ghost, not a goddess, but I appreciate the applause, it's been known to have resurrective properties. Thank you.

Superman is not unbeatable, but he is ridiculously powerful-- the scene in "Justice League" where he was tossing around Darkseid after The World Made of Cardboard Speech comes to mind.

Lobo once got smacked around by Jack T. Chance, an extremely low-tier Green Lantern. Granted, Lobo came back and won that fight-- especially after he covered himself in the yellow blood of another alien that got gutted in the crossfire-- but the fact that Jack could apply sufficient force to give Lobo a figurative (if temporary) wedgie with even his rudimentary Ring-skills suggests to me that buckling and knuckling down, Kal-El of Krypton would triumph.

As for the radiation-- there's been extensive debates on this topic as to how this works in "real life" physics, I won't get into that-- but how it works in many DC Universes is that Kryptonians have two metabolisms. Their primary metabolism runs off of food and water, like ours. Their secondary metabolism runs off of solar energy.

On their home planet of Krypton, the red sun Rao gave them certain wavelengths of light-- maybe enough energy to survive if they were starving. But under the "yellow" light of Sol (technically this is white light, but in DC it's referred to as yellow), Kryptonians (and their cousins The Daxamites) can access so much more energy in those wavelengths that after a length of time basking in that light they don't even need their primary metabolism anymore-- they have the power of gods. If they have the chance to store up sufficient reserves of bioconverted solar energy in their cells, they become as unstoppable as Superman or Supergirl. Kryptonite seems to work by a) interfering with their ability to metabolize this light and/or b) by converting it to poison in their cells, although by removing the source of Kryptonite radiation the poison quickly reverts back to properly bioconverted energy. (While Daxamites are immune to Kryptonite, they have a much more deadly weakness to even microscopic quantities of lead.)

If a Kryptonian (or Daxamite) on Earth is exposed to red solar energy-- (actually, I'm planning on alluding to this in my next Supergirl post, that's kinda funny) --it begins eating into their supplies of yellow solar energy and they begin to revert to their Krypton levels of power rather than Earth. It's not as directly virulent as Kryptonite, but it might take a little bit of swagger out of their step, you know?

Well in a proper throwdown Blue will have to use sonics or fire. Apart from those two even a symbiote with amnesia will be hard to put down and I feel that you are right about training and such, but I feel that if the symbiote have bonded with say... Pete Ross, then it will still take a llt to actually put him down.

Just curious, did anybody get the lead up to one of Venom's favourite sayings in my last IC post?

BRAINS

I'm a ghost, not a goddess, but I appreciate the applause, it's been known to have resurrective properties. Thank you.

Superman is not unbeatable, but he is ridiculously powerful-- the scene in "Justice League" where he was tossing around Darkseid after The World Made of Cardboard Speech comes to mind.

Lobo once got smacked around by Jack T. Chance, an extremely low-tier Green Lantern. Granted, Lobo came back and won that fight-- especially after he covered himself in the yellow blood of another alien that got gutted in the crossfire-- but the fact that Jack could apply sufficient force to give Lobo a figurative (if temporary) wedgie with even his rudimentary Ring-skills suggests to me that buckling and knuckling down, Kal-El of Krypton would triumph.

As for the radiation-- there's been extensive debates on this topic as to how this works in "real life" physics, I won't get into that-- but how it works in many DC Universes is that Kryptonians have two metabolisms. Their primary metabolism runs off of food and water, like ours. Their secondary metabolism runs off of solar energy.

On their home planet of Krypton, the red sun Rao gave them certain wavelengths of light-- maybe enough energy to survive if they were starving. But under the "yellow" light of Sol (technically this is white light, but in DC it's referred to as yellow), Kryptonians (and their cousins The Daxamites) can access so much more energy in those wavelengths that after a length of time basking in that light they don't even need their primary metabolism anymore-- they have the power of gods. If they have the chance to store up sufficient reserves of bioconverted solar energy in their cells, they become as unstoppable as Superman or Supergirl. Kryptonite seems to work by a) interfering with their ability to metabolize this light and/or b) by converting it to poison in their cells, although by removing the source of Kryptonite radiation the poison quickly reverts back to properly bioconverted energy. (While Daxamites are immune to Kryptonite, they have a much more deadly weakness to even microscopic quantities of lead.)

If a Kryptonian (or Daxamite) on Earth is exposed to red solar energy-- (actually, I'm planning on alluding to this in my next Supergirl post, that's kinda funny) --it begins eating into their supplies of yellow solar energy and they begin to revert to their Krypton levels of power rather than Earth. It's not as directly virulent as Kryptonite, but it might take a little bit of swagger out of their step, you know?

The reason I ask is because in this comic Supes tells a bunch of Earth people to push their spaceship since he is too strong. This is after they have been in this new radiation for a few minutes. Though I can understand the basic, doesnt it mean that they would have to spend some time to gain this new and higher power level via soaking up some of the said radiation?

The reason I ask is because in this comic Supes tells a bunch of Earth people to push their spaceship since he is too strong. This is after they have been in this new radiation for a few minutes. Though I can understand the basic, doesnt it mean that they would have to spend some time to gain this new and higher power level via soaking up some of the said radiation?

I'm unfamiliar with this context.

Are the humans being exposed to a radiation that would give them Superman-like powers, only they haven't had much of it yet so they have enough to do the job whereas he would overdo it?

I'm unfamiliar with this context.

Are the humans being exposed to a radiation that would give them Superman-like powers, only they haven't had much of it yet so they have enough to do the job whereas he would overdo it?

Yes indeed they are exposed to this said radiation

:: bows back, fist in palm ::

I appreciate the reference.

It's one of my favorites.

Now if you will excuse me for this Session, I need to draw A line in the sand and go Crawling into my bed or later today it will feel like My December because Nobody's listening ;)

Yes indeed they are exposed to this said radiation

Then, yeah, it would take a longer exposure for them to exhibit greater levels of powers.

The length of required exposure varies depending on the continuity and/or the writer.

Sometimes a Kryptonian can just step out of their ship and be instantly cranked up to eleven. But in John Byrne's seminal "Man of Steel" miniseries after "Crisis on Infinite Earths," it took gradual exposure over the course of Clark's childhood and teenage years on Earth for him to become Super-powerful, hence no "Adventures of Superman When He Was A Boy" after Crisis. When the Post-Crisis Kara Zor-El arrived on Earth in the Batman/Superman comic (and the movie adaptation, "Apocalypse"), she had been soaking in simulated yellow sunlight for the duration of her long journey in suspended animation, so she had no lines no waiting. When Kon-El of the animated "Young Justice" first showed up, he had charged up with a solar suit for his force-grown cloning cycle of 16 weeks to get a limited level of power.

You see Clark's powers developing slowly on "Smallville," but Zod and his people were basically as powerful as Clark in the "Man of Steel" movie as soon as they rolled up to the curb. So there's no set gauge for this sort of thing.

But yeah, more often not there's some kind of charge-up period.

What series are you reading?

Back