What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funeral For A Friend (Love Lies Bleeding) - Elton John

It is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news. My dear friend and musical cohort, beansprout76, passed away on Christmas Day. Words cannot begin to explain the pain I am feeling and the hole that she left behind. For more than 5 years we have shared music in this forum and communicated through PMs. We shared a unique bond that I have yet to experience in any other relationship, online or in real life.

Rest in peace, dear friend. You are greatly missed.

:rose: :rose: :heart: :heart:

I am so sorry DT.

Rest in peace dear sweet bean. Thank you for all the joy you brought to my life through the years.:rose:

So sad to read about this.
RIP, Bean.
:rose::rose::rose::rose:

I am so sorry DT.

Rest in peace dear sweet bean. Thank you for all the joy you brought to my life through the years.:rose:

Bean really enjoyed the act of sharing music and was most appreciative of the acceptance she found here among friends. She wrote highly of you both.

I know she is in a better place now and free from pain.
Rest in peace, my dear friend. For you the war is over.

:rose:

Happy New Year to you, Sin and Litfan.

Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - Yo-Yo Ma & Jake Shimabukuro

It is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news. My dear friend and musical cohort, beansprout76, passed away on Christmas Day. Words cannot begin to explain the pain I am feeling and the hole that she left behind. For more than 5 years we have shared music in this forum and communicated through PMs. We shared a unique bond that I have yet to experience in any other relationship, online or in real life.

Gone to the great tube god in the sky, may her spirit turn into a billion billion electrons and stream forever...

D_T, I'm so sorry to hear that dear beansprout has passed away. She was special and the light is a bit dimmer with her gone. :(

For bean:
Nights in White Satin
Moody Blues

D_T, I'm so sorry to hear that dear beansprout has passed away. She was special and the light is a bit dimmer with her gone. :(

For bean:
Nights in White Satin
Moody Blues

Thank you, Di. Bean's music library is amazing, spanning decades and genres.
It will be a little quieter and darker here without her kind spirit.

One of Bean's favorites:

Moonlight Drive - The Doors

There will not be new contributions from beansprout76, but her choices are still in the threads on this board.

:(

I am sorry that you lost a friend.

The Fool on the Hill
The Beatles

A collection of five German Volksmusik DVDs I bought on eBay.

Volksmusik = Folk Music. But it seems to perform Volksmusik you either have to be older than dirt, M or F, or if male you can be under 12 years old with an unbroken voice.

The scenery in the videos is fantastic. The GILFs singing or being sung to? I prefer the scenery. Some of the settings are great but impractical e.g. a five piece group perching precariously on small rocks in a lake and a full orchestra and backing singers spread over 200 yards of rocky mountain.

The backdrops are waterfalls, mountains, lakes, rough seas...

Almost every clip is obviously recorded in a studio and the performers mime, or if they sing and play the sound would be drowned by the waterfalls, the sea, the strong winds...

But the scenery is still great. :)

A sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfJzwM2lIs&list=PLwg89Efvt5UKTEg6xhs3lKXCUcGAr7fH_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkrblIZaJc

At least these two admit they are ancient!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFrcK8j3w7A

Last edited:
There will not be new contributions from beansprout76, but her choices are still in the threads on this board.

:(

I am sorry that you lost a friend.

The Fool on the Hill
The Beatles

Thank you for your kind words. :rose:

I knew you would know what I meant.

I'd often thought you two should have got a room, but I never realised she was such a honey sweet triode ;)

:D You're not the first to suggest that we should have gotten a room.
Thank you for the smiles. :)

Serotonality (Live) - Dr. Didg

These guys. I miss these guys. Once upon a time I used to see them on every two, sometimes see more than one show on a tour, then they got to be too $$$ for me and I haven't seen them live since the 90s. But they're still amazing musicians.
https://youtu.be/VoTxTM6kBuU

This is such sad news. I haven't been around here much lately, but I've known bean for a long time. She was a beautiful person, a dear soul, and a friend. Anyone who ever crossed paths with her was surely enriched by the experience. I know I was.

Shine on, you crazy diamond. Thanks for the music and the smiles.

"Oh, I'll be free
Just like that bluebird
Oh, I'll be free
Ain't that just like me?"

David Bowie ~ Lazarus

So ever since I saw the movie Let's Play Two I've been on a Steely Dan kick. This was the background music of my younger days. Like when I was under ten. But it's such amazing music.

I think Dirty Work is my favorite, although I love this line from Deacon Blues
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back