Women:

MoonlightandRoses

Literotica Guru
I am interested in stories about women. The woman in such a story would be the focus of interest in her fictional or biographical story. She would be the one that we know most about, she would be portrayed as being multiple dimensional and the story would be about her thoughts and feelings – her happiness, her fears, her ambitions, her loves and her anger. The female “star” of these stories may take stereotypical female and even passive roles, but she can also be the one who get things done and she could have an active and assertive character. In the case of an “erotic” story the woman would not be there to please men, but the story would be about the woman’s pleasure.

Over the past decade I’ve read or watched (in the case of movies) more and more stories about women in part because I have become bored with stories about men. It seems to me that a large majority of movies are about men, with TV only somewhat better and of course history is full of men.

I see this topic as being a companion to “The Male Form.” In that topic I did outline some stories about women and did mention some women from the past that biographies have or could be written about. I feel that both this topic and “The Male Form” are examinations of female and male gender roles.

Moonlight and Roses (Tom),

I am interested in stories about women. The woman in such a story would be the focus of interest in her fictional or biographical story. She would be the one that we know most about, she would be portrayed as being multiple dimensional and the story would be about her thoughts and feelings – her happiness, her fears, her ambitions, her loves and her anger. The female “star” of these stories may take stereotypical female and even passive roles, but she can also be the one who get things done and she could have an active and assertive character. In the case of an “erotic” story the woman would not be there to please men, but the story would be about the woman’s pleasure.

I have edited some stories by Athalia that have characters like the one you describe. In particular, try the "Daughters of Priapus" and its sequels and her latest one "The Pond."

You can find her stuff at: http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1215263&page=submissions

Most of mine aim for what you're describing; the Lesbian category is a good place to find woman-focused stories, funnily enough :)

Women tell me I write good women, strong yet feminine, proud, confident. My leading ladies seem to get want they want from the men I write, who are also confident yet respectful. I write gender equality stories, mostly. Around here, that might be something of a novelty, but hey, it's who I am.

I have a number of stories you might enjoy.

My story list is in my sig.

I have a few...link My Stuff at Lit in my sig.

Stories: A Walk in Paris, Mary Tagert, Susan's Secret

It's funny to me that you would ask that question and get all of your answers from men.

Knowing the demographics of site, I'm not really surprised.

It isn't just demographics. There are plenty of women here who could respond, but they may not write what the OP wants to read.

Also women here don't respond to calls like a beagle to a hunting horn.

Most of mine aim for what you're describing; the Lesbian category is a good place to find woman-focused stories, funnily enough :)

That depends on what you want to read about or find out. If you want to read stories that confirm male misconceptions and fantasies there are plenty of high-scoring ones written by men for men but there are also stories, not always that highly rated admittedly, written by lesbian or bisexual women relating their fantasies and dreams about other women which perhaps is not exactly what the OP wants to find out. For that, I would recommend Romance where you will find what women dream of finding in and with a man.

That depends on what you want to read about or find out. If you want to read stories that confirm male misconceptions and fantasies there are plenty of high-scoring ones written by men for men but there are also stories, not always that highly rated admittedly, written by lesbian or bisexual women relating their fantasies and dreams about other women which perhaps is not exactly what the OP wants to find out.

Oh yeah, I certainly didn't mean to imply that everything in the category is good. There's still plenty of male-gaze-y chaff to sift through. But I think it's a bit less chaff-y than most of the other categories, in terms of stories written for and about women.

It isn't just demographics. There are plenty of women here who could respond, but they may not write what the OP wants to read.

Also women here don't respond to calls like a beagle to a hunting horn.

Lol. I'd write a beagle howl but I have no idea what a beagle sounds like. Bwwwoooowwwwwoowww?

Read my Chinese Takeout series - and the last chapter posted of my Hayley's Party series.

Last edited:
That's a cheap shot. Moonlight asked a question, writers answered. If women didn't respond, that's a separate issue.

Sorry, that was not meant as a shot at anyone, cheap or otherwise.

It's a long-standing pattern here that, when someone asks a question of or about women, the initial answers usually come from men. I've done it and I would have responded on this thread but I don't think anything I have fulfills the OP's needs.

Margaret Atwood, Barbara Kingsolver, Virginia Woolf, come to mind immediately. Hell, the world is positively busting with stories about characters who fit your description, by some amazing ladies that are perhaps even more impressive than their tales.

Or, if you're looking for female-centered stories that present women in a realistic, thoughtful way, but that you can ALSO jerk-off to, there are many fine writers on this site...

Females are kaleidoscopes filled with chunks of insanity, frustration, and anger. Turn the barrel a little or a lot and expect a different configuration of the 3 elements.

I was raised with a great grandmother, grandmother, mom, and 5 sisters. I took notes. I'm married 43 years with 3 daughters and 6 grand daughters. I am certain of my claims.

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but Crash Into Me's protagonist is, in my opinion, my most well-developed female lead I've written. Got the sexy stuff in there too, so if you take your romance and emotions with a dose of lesbian incest, give me a click. :)

Lol. I'd write a beagle howl but I have no idea what a beagle sounds like. Bwwwoooowwwwwoowww?

Read my Chinese Takeout series - and the last chapter posted of my Hayley's Party series.

:D Chloe...that was just priceless! You do make my day sometimes. Gotta run now...work on my doggie-style barking and yelping techniques. :devil: Have a great day! You sure made me spit coffee this morning!:rose::rose:

:D Chloe...that was just priceless! You do make my day sometimes. Gotta run now...work on my doggie-style barking and yelping techniques. :devil: Have a great day! You sure made me spit coffee this morning!:rose::rose:

Well, I shouldn't tell you about my learning curve here, but what the heck. Chloe the learner, way back when, with new boyfriend, Chloe is introduced to doing it doggy. Chloe is suitable enthralled. Chloe wants more.
Chloe says "what do I do now?"
Boyfriend says "bark?"
Boyfriend says "ooopphhh"
Boyfriend says "owwwww"
Boyfriend says "I was only joking"
Chloe says "bow fucking wow."
A reconciliation was achieved.

Well, I shouldn't tell you about my learning curve here, but what the heck. Chloe the learner, way back when, with new boyfriend, Chloe is introduced to doing it doggy. Chloe is suitable enthralled. Chloe wants more.
Chloe says "what do I do now?"
Boyfriend says "bark?"
Boyfriend says "ooopphhh"
Boyfriend says "owwwww"
Boyfriend says "I was only joking"
Chloe says "bow fucking wow."
A reconciliation was achieved.

NO, you DIDN'T!!! :D :D Damn it, girl! Second time today...I'm gonna start sending my coffee bills to you! :eek:

Oh, I did. I hope your coffee wasn't too hot. And apologies for side-tracking this thread. :eek:

Golly, not my thread but if you guys want to keep on it's fine with me.

Besides, the OP might be getting some of what he wants right here. :)

Back