Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have experience with today's grading systems, so I wouldn't know. My personal take on the public school system is that it little more than 12 years of forced daycare and has little to do with education at all.

Minxie, my sis used to get graded down in gym for not trying too, unfortunately, it was all the other girls in her class that were too busy being "girlie", there was no point for her to try because there was no one else putting in any effort either, but because sis was a gifted athlete, she's the one that got graded down.:rolleyes: Not sure if your impish one has similar problems or not, if so, don't be too hard on her, besides, it's gym, it's not like it's something that matters.

My kids go to public school and there are some good teachers, some bad, and some phenomenal, just like anywhere else. I also think you get out of a public education what you are willing to put into it and that is why she got the 2 minute lecture.

She set goals (I didn't set them for her) and to get what she wants, she has to be in the top 5% of her class. Currently she's in the top 7%. 2 % is doable if she works for it. She has a 3.7 GPA out of 4.0. To meet her goal she needs a 3.9. Again doable but she needs to work. She's taking weighted classes so she can achieve it, if she wants to--but she admitted, she missed a homework assignment here or there and got lower on a couple tests because she didn't study. Gym she just hates--she's not an athelete. She's capable, just used to being able to be a little lazy but we have reached crunch time. It's time to work.

And she knows I think she is amazing and that i'm so proud of her I could bust so no Tiger mom here, but I want her to have what she wants, not settle for what's easy.

Ok off the soap box now. :)
 
As I have gotten older, my tolerance for stupidity has dropped precipitously, Thursday was a serious test of my ability to keep from blowing a cork in the face of such fuckwittery.

36j3he.jpg

http://i.qkme.me/36j3he.jpg
 
Thank you for the pic, and permission to post the pic, my sweets.

They certainly do have a lot of options to change them up. I have never seen shoes like those before. On what occasion, and with what ensemble, would one wear those shoes?
 
Thank you for the pic, and permission to post the pic, my sweets.

They certainly do have a lot of options to change them up. I have never seen shoes like those before. On what occasion, and with what ensemble, would one wear those shoes?

Perhaps if I need to dress up as Bagger Vance.

But I would wear them with khakis and a white or red shirt. Or, perhaps a blue shirt if I use the blue strings. The possibilities are endless. I just need to warn the ladies to bring an extra set of knickers when they see the shoes. They are Cole Hann "Gushers".
 
I have to say, those shoes aren't bad. I will say, however, that the last time I bought shoes that had multi-colored laces, I think I was 12.

Nice shoes, pmann, but ditch the colored laces! :)
 
I'm really quite shocked that he had the gall to piss on me for my denim jacket when he goes and purchases shoes like this. lol fucker.

First off, Teen Wolf, I said you looked hot in that denim jacket. Secondly, these shoes are classic and will never go out of style. (Yes, they are ALWAYS in style)
 
The ONLY time those shoes were in style was maybe for three days in 1920, before gangsters realised they looked like dicks in those shoes.

Hahaha. God I love you. You're such a little fucker.

Those would've been the coolest gangsters ever. I'm pretty sure Don Draper has those shoes. And he's fucking amazing.
 
he otherwise seems like a sensible fellow. guess it's the exception that proves the rule?

ed
 
You're commenting on the fact that they are wingtips?!?! At least make fun of the colour! Wing tips will always be in style.

My shoes are classy.
 
dude.

wing tips. were. never. in. style.



never.

although now that i think about it, it may be popular with the pimping set...

ed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top