What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a brave little man, why don't you answer my question...Would it be first degree murder and should a woman therefore face the death penalty if abortion were criminalized?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

here is a question for you Mr South


"in the interest of FAIRNESS, would you like to have your TAXES go up, so ILLEGAL aliens can get free College and health Care and FoodStamps and Housing?"
 
DJIA up ONLY 208 pts

Obama's handling of the economy blamed for tepid upward action
 
A simple yes or no will suffice.

would it be OK

To have a WOMAN handed a paper

Prior to a LEGAL abortion

And have her sign her name NEXT to one of the following

"I am preggo

I can choose to give birth

I can choose to give Baby up for adoption

I cam choose to murder the Baby!"
 
Its OK, Mr South

I gots timez

I'llz waitz for your answer






























































Knowing it will come right after you tell me why you KNOWINGLY posted OLD POLLS I 2004 and LINKED To WAPO that said the exact opposite of what you said it said:)
 
here is a question for you Mr South


"in the interest of FAIRNESS, would you like to have your TAXES go up, so ILLEGAL aliens can get free College and health Care and FoodStamps and Housing?"

Simple answer: no.

I assume you had a point here?
Care to share?
 
Would it be OK to ask a woman to put in writing prior to a legal abortion

the FOLLOWING


"ON MY OWN FREE WILL I AM CHOOSING TO MURDER MY UNBORN CHILD WITHIN ME!"

No it would not be okay, that would presume that a woman adopted your religious belief (not everyone believes an acorn is an oak tree, your nuttiness notwithstanding), and is a violation of the establishment clause of the Constitution.

Not that people like you give a damn about the US Constitution.
 
In 1990

A big black guy walked into my office on

Wall Street and asked if he could rent a room, as he was starting out

I said,

Nope, but you could

Use

An office and phone while you start up......no cost


In a few months, he had a few peeps working for him and was using 2 of my rooms and a few of my phones

His name?

Charles

Payne.........

I called him my

Big black guy friend

True story
 
Just like we said they would:

So the next time a liberal complains about austerity, be sure to ask them which of President Obama’s many tax hikes they want to repeal first.

Okay Vettebigot, I'll play.

There were 13 "new" taxes implemented in 2013 at the federal level, according to your republican party. I presume this source is "acceptable" to you
They are:
  1. Payroll tax: increase in the Social Security portion of the payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent for workers.
  2. Top marginal tax rate: increase from 35 percent to 39.6 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000.
  3. Phase out of personal exemptions for adjusted gross income (AGI) over $300,000.
  4. Phase out itemized deductions for AGI over $300,000.
  5. Tax increase in the rate on dividends and capital gains from 15 percent to 20 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000.
  6. Estate Tax increase in the rate (on estates larger than $5 million) from 35 percent to 40 percent.
  7. Taxes on business investment: expiration of full expensing -- the immediate deduction of capital purchases by businesses.
  8. 3.8 percent surtax on investment income for taxpayers with taxable income exceeding $250,000.
  9. 0.9 percent increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax for incomes over $250,000.
  10. That pesky 2.3 percent excise tax paid by medical device manufacturers and importers on all their sales.
  11. Reducing the income tax deduction for individuals' medical expenses.
  12. Elimination of the corporate income tax deduction for expenses related to the Medicare Part D subsidy.
  13. Limitation of the corporate income tax deduction for compensation that health insurance companies pay to their executives.

Looking over the list, I cannot see a single tax I'd want to repeal. Perhaps you can shed some insight on which ones you deem "unfair"?

And would someone please quote me so I know the Vettebigot sees this?
 
I'd quote you but Vette has me on iggy too. I'm pretty sure it's because I actually make him think about his stances. It can't be because I post nonsense. (No offense Zoomie, you're my broski) but Zoomie isn't on ignore and he'll just post a bunch of laughing gifs. So it has to be something more than just me trolling him.
 
That at least makes me feel a little better. I remember when Vette went missing and he had to stumble over himself to keep from saying he was flattered and keep pretending he didn't care at the same time.
 
Just like we said they would:

Fed study: Tax hikes, not spending cuts, are slowing the recovery
June 7, 2013 | 3:00 pm

Why is the Obama recovery the weakest recovery since the Great Depression? According to a new study by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, it is not because the federal government failed to borrow and spend too little during the height of the economic downturn.

In fact, the San Francisco Fed reports that “federal fiscal policy was unusually expansionary during the Great Recession” thanks largely to the “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the economic stimulus program passed by Congress in 2009. As a consequence, federal government saving in the recession fell faster—that is, the deficit grew faster—than our historical norm would predict.”

The San Francisco Fed does note that after the recovery began “fiscal policy sharply reversed course” and has since been “much more contractionary than normal.” But in total “federal fiscal policy has been a modest headwind to economic growth so far in the recovery, but no more so than usual given the weak pace of growth.”

Looking ahead, however, the Fed does see fiscal policy slowing growth, but not, as liberals would have you believe, due to spending cuts:

Surprisingly, despite all the attention federal spending cuts and sequestration have received, our calculations suggest they are not the main contributors to this projected drag. The excess fiscal drag on the horizon comes almost entirely from rising taxes. Specifically, we calculate that nine-tenths of that projected 1 percentage point excess fiscal drag comes from tax revenue rising faster than normal as a share of the economy.

So the next time a liberal complains about austerity, be sure to ask them which of President Obama’s many tax hikes they want to repeal first.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2531410


That study says that Obama is shrinking the deficit at a rapid rate. Can I quote you as backing this position now or would you like to delete your post?

According to just about every conservative everywhere, tax hikes will not shrink the deficit. But according to your own source tax hikes aren't merely shrinking the deficit, they're doing an alarmingly good job at it. So I guess my second question to you would be to ask whether conservative economics is just a bunch or crap or if you're all just lying.
 
Do fuck off, the deficit shrinks because it's presumed that rising government revenue is going to be spent towards deficit reduction, which is hardly a given.

You know, you have a documented history of saying some really, really stupid things. This is one of them.

The deficit is shrinking because more and more people (with the obvious exception of yourself and your Lit RWCJ buddies) are now working, and paying taxes on their wages.

Taxes are going up and a large part of it is Obama care.

I've documented a few posts up these taxes that seem to give you a doughy pantload do not directly impact something like 90% of all Americans.

America voted for Obamacare, and the taxes that pay for it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top