Demon Rats or...What?

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Trump's Illegal Attack on Syria?

President Donald Trump's decision to carry out a series of airstrikes on Syrian government chemical weapons facilities on Friday, April 13, may signal a new front in the US wars in the Middle East. Although Democrats have largely opposed the strikes, too many in the Democratic Party continue to react to Trump through the lens of American exceptionalism -- a belief in the myth of the unique righteousness of the United States. This approach is destined to enact domestic and foreign policy based on oppression, rather than justice.

Instead of centering an endorsement of (or opposition to) military action, the Democratic Party should base its foreign policy on a holistic, anti-imperialist approach that would resonate with voters in the US and scale back the harms of US militarism abroad. This vision would not be welcomed by the Party establishment. Rather, it would have to come from leftist activists wresting control from the centrist, corporate wing of the Democratic Party that benefits from a state of never-ending war.

Trump is just like Killary, only dumber.:rolleyes:
 
"I'm not a member of any organized political party.
I'm a Democrat."
--Will Rogers, Cherokee
 
Democrats just dump om Trump, rather than articulating the "Proper Path" for our country. It didn't work for Hillary either!

Come on Democrats, Lead the Way, rather than bitch about how wrong Trump and the Rethuglicans are going.

Keep pushing the Bluenami don't play in to Trumps hands. That's just stupid.:mad:
 
April 27, 2018
How Clintonites Are Manufacturing Faux Progressive Congressional Campaigns
by Eric Draitser


Dastardly Bastards!

When Bernie Sanders took the stage in Washington Square Park in New York City on a cold April night in 2016, he faced a crowd of approximately 25,000 adoring fans, many of whom were young, progressive, and desperately seeking a political alternative to the seemingly ineluctable game of Russian roulette that was a Clinton-Trump crapshoot.
---
But that night Sanders said something that wasn’t part of his usual sermon about income inequality, free trade, and working people. In what was something of a departure, Sanders placed into context what the movement he ignited was seeking.

“It is not just about electing a president, it is about creating a political revolution. It is about creating a government which works for all of us, not just wealthy campaign contributors,” Sanders explained, his voice carrying through the night like so many angry taxi horns.
What we are witnessing is the inevitable counter-insurgency by the forces of entrenched political power in Washington, and capital more generally. While Bernie Sanders was no revolutionary, his campaign ignited a grassroots upsurge that now threatens the power of the neoliberal wing of the Democratic Party and the neoliberal Clinton political machine that, for all intents and purposes, controls it.

----
The Clintonistas are running a shill game to fake out the Progressives with a "Tea Party" of their own!
---

By presenting real progressive voters with manufactured, faux-progressive candidates like Jeff Beals, the Clintonites think they’ll pull the wool over the eyes of the progressive left.

Read it and weep. After Bill advised /challenged Donald to run (in order to destroy the Republican party,) He and Hillary can launch the Master Plan!:eek:
 
Last edited:
April 27, 2018
How Clintonites Are Manufacturing Faux Progressive Congressional Campaigns
by Eric Draitser


Dastardly Bastards!

Read it and weep. After Bill advised /challenged Donald to run (in order to destroy the Republican party,) He and Hillary can launch the Master Plan!:eek:
Bernie was never a Dum, never did anything for the Dums, never accomplished anything legislatively, and was rejected Dums in primaries. Tromp was never a Gup, never did anything for the Gups beyond birtherism, rejected and insulted Gup standards, and was selected by Gups.

There's a moral there somewhere. But it's dinnertime. Look, lasagna!
 
Two Fronts: Glass Half Full (or Empty) in Both
by Andrew Levine


Shot form:
Trump is bad, but Hillery is too!

Diminishing workers’ power for the benefit of Wall Street and the (mainly global) corporations for which they work is what Clintonites do. It is what Trump does too. The difference is that because he is an accomplished conman, his attacks on the working class come packaged with “populist” bombast.

Despite everything, though, some good can still come from his presidency – for just the reason that so many of his class brothers and sisters find him appalling.

But, at this point, there is no reason to think that Congress would assume its constitutional responsibilities, and, even if the predicted “blue wave” materializes in November, putting the House and Senate under the control of pusillanimous Democrats, there is not much reason to think that would change.

That the GOP is the more odious duopoly party is, for all practical purposes, as certain as any logical truth. Should a blue wave therefore be welcomed, irrespective of its consequences for the Trump presidency?

The answer is Yes, of course; what is less evil is always, by definition, better. But that is a logical, not a political, point. Whether to work for lesser evil candidates or even to vote for them at the end of the day is a complicated question.

This is not the place to rehearse the arguments against lesser evil voting; most readers of these words already know them well. That lesser evil voting has played a major role in bringing both duopoly parties to their current sorry states should be obvious in any case to anyone who approaches the question in a fair minded way.
 
Secretly Taped Audio Reveals Democratic Leadership Pressuring Progressive to Leave Race

Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 Democrat in the House of Representatives, has for years been a prolific campaigner on behalf of current and potential members of Congress. It was no surprise, then, that December found him in Colorado, where the party has hopes of knocking off Republican incumbent Mike Coffman.

Before Donald Trump had even been inaugurated, local resistance groups began deluging Coffman’s public appearances, pressing him not to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and putting him back on his political heels. Levi Tillemann, an author, inventor, and former official with the Obama administration’s Energy Department, moved back home to make a run against Coffman.

He focused his campaign on clean elections, combatting climate change, “Medicare for All,” free community college, and confronting economic inequality and monopoly power. Another candidate for the nomination, Jason Crow, a corporate lawyer at the powerhouse Colorado firm Holland & Hart and an Army veteran, meanwhile, appeared to have the backing of the Democratic establishment, though it wasn’t explicit. In November, it became clearer, as Crow was named by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee to the party’s “Red to Blue” list, which the committee specifies is not an endorsement but does carry symbolic weight.

In his own words the DCCC already made the decision for Colorado's 6th District.
So progressives can Fuck Off!:)
 
Back
Top