famine in yemen

Both sides in that conflict are to blame.

The rebels (or whatever you want to call them) have repeatedly tried to hijack aid sent into Yemen to sell it to raise cash for more arms. They have been unwilling to accept any international aid agency's supervision of aid distribution.

The Saudis are blocking the ports and have destroyed port facilities that need to be used to bring aid in - because the ports would also be used for arms shipments.

Both sides have committed war crimes in Yemen in a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Yemen is a disaster but international efforts to help have been consistently frustrated by the warring sides.

Famine in Yemen, hunger in Hungary, malaise in Belize, and hysteria in Syria.

Don't forget kin-fucking in Kentucky.

I doubt that much of that goes on. Seems more like an urban legend or pop cultural trope to me. But then again, I've never been there, nor will I ever go. Just a hunch.

I doubt that much of that goes on. Seems more like an urban legend or pop cultural trope to me. But then again, I've never been there, nor will I ever go. Just a hunch.
It was a word sound game. Kentucky is quite a civilized place, mostly, and quite varied. We look forward to more visits. Hopefully we'll skip the tornadoes next time.

I think it's mostly a stereotype. And I admit I am one who has been continuing it. :eek:

A man from the hills of Kentucky
Just never could seem to get lucky.
Although he had dozens
Of sisters and cousins,
They all thought of him as too yucky.

Last edited:
Back