Roll Call - Nerds & Geeks

I am not talking phone sex...i am talking an actual physical date silly.

They let the husbands watch the kids. or hire a sitter if he is out of town.

Try it sometime. You might like it.

Oh if you mean IRL, I don’t get involved with married women. I only want a single woman. I don’t want sex that bad.

Went to sign up for an additional Math class a few days ago, and the receptionist went "Oh, so you're a nerd?"

TURN ONS:
Marvel
Star Wars
LOTR
Dragon Quest
X-files
Scrabble

TURN OFFS:
DC
Star Trek
Game of Thrones
First Person Shooters
Dr. Who
Monopoly

I was a band geek in high school, read 5-10 books per week and my idea of socializing is going to Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me.

I was a band geek in high school, read 5-10 books per week and my idea of socializing is going to Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me.

My best friend from high school would call me and asked if I wanted to hang out. I’d ask, “What are we gonna do?”

“Go to Walmart.”

“Cool. Let’s go.”

Every fucking day. I started to question my sanity. lmao

Nerds and Geeks

Sci-Fi - Philip K Dick, Roger Zelazny, Philip Jose Farmer, Spider Robinson
Played D & D for years
X-files
Star Wars
Marvel

Not single, and I believe I have qualities that make me a geek, but perhaps not by current definitions (I don't watch Star Trek and the games I like to play are not ones that the cool kids play).

Present! D&D, Marvel super heroes, Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, Dead Reign, Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Warhammer 40K, battletech, car wars, Palladium Fantasy, Traveler, Runescape, etc and that's just the games. I used to study in the game store when not gaming.

Last edited:
I should represent here. My nerdiness is on a slightly different plane. I don't totally obsess about Star Wars or Star Trek (except Voyager), but I can speak both languages. :) I'm a total nerd for trivia contests of any sort. Tell me when and where. I'll bring my own pen and notebook. I've actually hosted a couple. :eek:

I love Weird Al, Britcoms, Firefly, 80's television. I'm an old school gamer, both Nintendo and PC; I run an MS-DOS game in DosBox that dates to the early days of Windows 3.1. I'm obsessed with maps and travel; I want to go literally everywhere.

Glasses? Check. Social anxiety? Yep. That's me. Got nerd cred coming out the wazoo. :rolleyes:

I should represent here. My nerdiness is on a slightly different plane. I don't totally obsess about Star Wars or Star Trek (except Voyager), but I can speak both languages. :) I'm a total nerd for trivia contests of any sort. Tell me when and where. I'll bring my own pen and notebook. I've actually hosted a couple. :eek:

I love Weird Al, Britcoms, Firefly, 80's television. I'm an old school gamer, both Nintendo and PC; I run an MS-DOS game in DosBox that dates to the early days of Windows 3.1. I'm obsessed with maps and travel; I want to go literally everywhere.

Glasses? Check. Social anxiety? Yep. That's me. Got nerd cred coming out the wazoo. :rolleyes:

I"m a MUDder.. hows that for an old school geek?

Present! D&D, Marvel super heroes, Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, Dead Reign, Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Warhammer 40K, battletech, car wars, Palladium Fantasy, Traveler, Runescape, etc and that's just the games. I used to study in the game store when not gaming.

Did you RP Vampire the Masquerade at all? We used to go to downtown Chicago when I lived there back in the late nineties and there was a huge scene for it. Sometimes it would play out in this old creepy church or a goth bar etc. Very neat to see where it would pop up and go have hours of just blissful RP

Back