Good, Loving Sub (Male) Nickname

Heyo, I'm just looking for some good nicknames for male submissives. So far, all I've got are "love" and "pet". (My love or my pet, if he's been really good.) I want to reward him for being good with something loving, but my experience is (obviously) lacking.
Like, for instance, I know you can call a girl "princess" or "babygirl" or "cutie". But that doesn't really work with a man. Even "beautiful" feels to feminine and "handsome" has the wrong connotation.
Any advice?

Heyo, I'm just looking for some good nicknames for male submissives. So far, all I've got are "love" and "pet". (My love or my pet, if he's been really good.) I want to reward him for being good with something loving, but my experience is (obviously) lacking.
Like, for instance, I know you can call a girl "princess" or "babygirl" or "cutie". But that doesn't really work with a man. Even "beautiful" feels to feminine and "handsome" has the wrong connotation.
Any advice?

Well in my case I find simple praise works best for expressing pleasure in his behavior.

It's not that I'm hard to please, (well maybee a little!). So when I do feel he has done well in a task or has shown his deviotion, he knows my praise is sincere and well earned.

I think a nickname is someting that would be dependent on your relationship dynamic, what type of domme are you what kind of sub you want.
Once I praised a boyfriend by saying "you're a good boy Charlie Brown". He blew up, and declared he wasn't a "boy". Gee I thought it was cute, but he took it the wrong way.

My present fav nickname for a sub is Buck, it's strong but also the name of a male bunnie lol.
So i quess it something you just have to find wh a t works for you and you're sub.

Have fun!

Well in my case I find simple praise works best for expressing pleasure in his behavior.

It's not that I'm hard to please, (well maybee a little!). So when I do feel he has done well in a task or has shown his deviotion, he knows my praise is sincere and well earned.

I think a nickname is someting that would be dependent on your relationship dynamic, what type of domme are you what kind of sub you want.
Once I praised a boyfriend by saying "you're a good boy Charlie Brown". He blew up, and declared he wasn't a "boy". Gee I thought it was cute, but he took it the wrong way.

My present fav nickname for a sub is Buck, it's strong but also the name of a male bunnie lol.
So i quess it something you just have to find wh a t works for you and you're sub.

Have fun!

I agree. As a sub, I take pride in my submissiveness. So when a woman praises me for that, I feel acknowledged and appreciated for who / what I want to be for her in that situation. Trusting and desiring her enough to show her my vulnerability. "It always moves me to see you kiss my feet so obediently/respectfully. I'm so proud of you." hopefully followed by, for instance: "Would you like to be my [whatever is applicable, in case you feel the generosity to reward him]?" (For instance, say, "Bummylick" could do it for me (=including some sub trait). Whatever works for you.)
Also -to me, at least- I prefer a woman addressing me from the (relational) "I" perspective ("I feel [so]... by your ..." or "It moves me [so]... to see/feel you ..." or "I find you [so]... when you ...") instead of from a seemingly "objective" (detached) perspective ("You are [so]..."). Feel the difference? He, too, needs to know what his actions mean to you, the woman he respects/reveres/worships. Wouldn't he be excited to hear how pleasurable it feels to you, looking down on him just he the way he wants to be looked down upon by you? Enjoy! Mike.

I agree. As a sub, I take pride in my submissiveness. So when a woman praises me for that, I feel acknowledged and appreciated for who / what I want to be for her in that situation. Trusting and desiring her enough to show her my vulnerability. "It always moves me to see you kiss my feet so obediently/respectfully. I'm so proud of you." hopefully followed by, for instance: "Would you like to be my [whatever is applicable, in case you feel the generosity to reward him]?" (For instance, say, "Bummylick" could do it for me (=including some sub trait). Whatever works for you.)
Also -to me, at least- I prefer a woman addressing me from the (relational) "I" perspective ("I feel [so]... by your ..." or "It moves me [so]... to see/feel you ..." or "I find you [so]... when you ...") instead of from a seemingly "objective" (detached) perspective ("You are [so]..."). Feel the difference? He, too, needs to know what his actions mean to you, the woman he respects/reveres/worships. Wouldn't he be excited to hear how pleasurable it feels to you, looking down on him just he the way he wants to be looked down upon by you? Enjoy! Mike.

Oh wow, yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thank you for the advice, Mike. I guess I was in more of a Domme mindset than a sub one. I mean, I need to figure out what makes him specifically tick (and I'm still working on that), but this is a really great point, and a reminder that I need to put myself in his mindset more often. That's what I'm still figuring out and hopefully I'll get better with practice.

Last edited:

Have fun!

Thanks, Blue kitty, this is really good advice. Lately, I've been calling him stupid stuff, like cough drop ('cuz he's the soothing balm/cure to my craziness) and sugar cube ('cuz he's sweet). It's hard to tell his reaction though. I'll keep approaching the problem tentatively until I feel more comfortable.

Boy, Pup, Buck, Bucky, Buster could all work. All depends on you and him. Good luck, have fun!

Back