Words of Advice

oh! Can I be a pothead this time around? I did the Valedictorian thing first go. I'm thinking that a complete 180 might be interesting?
:D

(P.S...yes, I really was the V...plus I have a V. ..<== bonus points)

I'll join you! While I wasn't the Valedictorian, I was more in the "cool chicks that party but still get decent grades so the parents suspect nothing" group.

I'll join you! While I wasn't the Valedictorian, I was more in the "cool chicks that party but still get decent grades so the parents suspect nothing" group.

I was the one who if they told their parents I would be there, they'd let them go.
:eek:

Can you imagine the responsibility?

And how incredibly good at cock-blocking I got?

Geesh.

I remember dragging a dude off a friend cause they were both too drunk to know what the hell was going on.

Yes, ^^that's the kind of friend I am.

That kind of upbringing doesn't go away either. I'll still whoop your ass if you are acting like a fool. :cool:

Don't make me go all Redneck Mama on you!!.:D :p

Rules - OMG, girls tend to love rules and stating them all upfront in personals. I guess they are thinking that if they lead with them they will get a guy/girl they are looking for. Yes, there are some guys who are willing to play by all the woman's rules to be able to chat with her, but I know a lot of guys and myself that put them into the too hard basket. If they are already stating the rules before a relationship begins, what are they going to be like during the relationship?

Truth, people like things to be easy and will gravitate toward the low-hanging fruit. That being said, it's much appreciated (and I speak for every guy on here :)) when the boundaries and expectations are set out ahead of time. It kind of sucks when you're chatting with someone and you're like "I love cats!" and she is like "Cats are off-limits, we don't talk about cats" and then there is this awkward text-silence and nobody knows what to say so nobody says anything.

Complainers - usually in threads. This gets boring. Women are constantly complaining about men here, especially dick pics (the reason why I supported the OP is because he was a dude addressing the issue of etiquette rather than another woman just complaining). Men/everyone stay away from complainers. I suggest that if you want to be attractive to people be positive, happy and fun. Usually guys think one of the most attractive features of a woman is her smile - so smile in your posts, even if you are getting serious.

I can't argue this. We are all guilty of negativity or complaining on occasion, but when that's your M.O. it becomes a turn-off for even the most desperate amongst us.

Treating guys as if they are expendable - this tends to happen because women seem to be in minority and therefore have a 'power' to pick and choose. Because of this, guys often don't get the same respect they should. Such as women just drop off in mid conversation without warning, ghosting, etc. If they realise they don't connect with a guy, they should be upfront instead of making excuses or ignoring him. It might be a downer but the guy will appreciate it more than being strung along. (Though, I think some girls aren't upfront because some guys do get aggressive when they feel rejected.)

This goes along with being non-engaging. If you're not into him/her, don't string them along. It's good to be polite, but it's not polite to give the impression, however vague, that you want to be besties or fuck-buddies. Just be up front. Most of the people here are adults and can take the rejection with grace.

Task makers - in personals girls tend to make men jump hoops. Yes, this might be all in good fun but when you see it over and over and over again it makes a comment. It seems like most of the tests are to screen for idiocracy, meaning the woman supposes she will get contacted by a lot of idiots and wants a way to prevent it by using trickery. I think some of them can be insulting. Written in fine print below: 'You're not good enough for me if you don't add in the word jabbawockee in your PM title.' Really, it makes a comment about the woman... she is going to be so judgemental and picky... She is not going to like the man for who he is but what he can do for her.

In the defense of women, and some men, having to screen through a lot of pm's every day has to get exhausting (I personally don't have this problem, but I know a guy....).

A personal is personal, thus the name. It's content doesn't have an adverse effect on anybody but the poster. If you put up a lot of hoops and force responders to complete an ever more difficult list of tasks, you're really not hurting anybody but yourself by limiting your possible list of potentials. It may say something about the particular pickiness of the woman/man, but some people are good with that. Just like I would never respond to an ad that seeks a man to shove a garden rake up his backside, there are men who would. It's personal preference.

AV - Don't use a pinup shot of someone else...lol. It's the same as a guy using someone else's cock. I know women feel really intimidated with all the hot female bodies men like to gorge on here, or tend to use their AV as an expression of how they feel they should look, but in reality, most men I find like REAL women. Be your naturally beautiful self. I've also seen women use AV's that say things like "fuck you" and then they complain about how people are disrespectful in threads... true story. I find men really like faces, and smiles. Smiles are always beautiful.

Men feel the same way. I'm intimidated when I see men posting AV's that feature ripped bodies and well-toned manboobs. I'm not a slouch, but I'll never be featured in Men's Health, either. Thus the reason for my own AV. I think as a general rule, it's safe to assume here that most people's AV is not them. At least, I think it's smart to make that assumption until you've engaged with that person and they tell you otherwise.

Point being, who cares? It's just a picture, and you shouldn't let it play to your insecurities. Everybody here has them, which is probably one of the largest reasons we are here. It's no different than the magazines with picture perfect hot-bods all over them. If you turn yourself off by comparing yourself to others, there is probably a greater issue at hand than someone else's AV content.

And damn, I went and added content longer than one sentence. I've compromised everything I stand for.:D

that's totally me in my av.
Evil eye and everything.

Ok.
Maybe not really​.
I don't know.
*Looks in the mirror*

Nah.. It's not really me, but I happen to really really really like the wise woman from Brave. I aspire to be as quirky as she was when I reach 100.

Plus, points​ for being able to turn people into Bears.

That's just cool.

I don't care who you are .. That's just fucking cool.

Rules

Point being, who cares? It's just a picture, and you shouldn't let it play to your insecurities. Everybody here has them, which is probably one of the largest reasons we are here. It's no different than the magazines with picture perfect hot-bods all over them. If you turn yourself off by comparing yourself to others, there is probably a greater issue at hand than someone else's AV content.

Amen Joe ;)

I don't ever smile in pics and AVs. Most of my friends here have seen my non smiling face. And my sarcasm. Shockingly, I have lots of friends, despite that. The guys. My girls. :heart:

oh! Can I be a pothead this time around? I did the Valedictorian thing first go. I'm thinking that a complete 180 might be interesting?
:D

(P.S...yes, I really was the V...plus I have a V. ..<== bonus points)

I honestly don't remember high school very well. I hardly showed up. Managed to graduate and skip having my name or picture in the yearbook.

If this is highschool, I am very confused about how to proceed. Guess it's time to skip every class I don't need to graduate and read the communist manifesto to the in-house suspension teacher again to scare her.

I honestly don't remember high school very well. I hardly showed up. Managed to graduate and skip having my name or picture in the yearbook.

If this is highschool, I am very confused about how to proceed. Guess it's time to skip every class I don't need to graduate and read the communist manifesto to the in-house suspension teacher again to scare her.

College.
That's located in the BDSM section.

College.
That's located in the BDSM section.

So I should treat this like college?

Time to get the syllabus and only show up for the tests. *cracks knuckles*

Save labs, of course. Where can I collect my glassware? Nevermind. BDSM. Got it.

So I should treat this like college?

Time to get the syllabus and only show up for the tests. *cracks knuckles*

Save labs, of course. Where can I collect my glassware? Nevermind. BDSM. Got it.

Don't forget your goggles!

This one...

attachment.php

Last edited:

This thread is starting to get a little one sided here so I'm going to introduce what I think girls should do if they want better options... believe me, there are so many amazing guys on here that are smart, sexy and just as choosy as girls.

Yes, I'm going here because I think men might feel uncomfortable to do so...

Rules - OMG, girls tend to love rules and stating them all upfront in personals. I guess they are thinking that if they lead with them they will get a guy/girl they are looking for. Yes, there are some guys who are willing to play by all the woman's rules to be able to chat with her, but I know a lot of guys and myself that put them into the too hard basket. If they are already stating the rules before a relationship begins, what are they going to be like during the relationship?

Complainers - usually in threads. This gets boring. Women are constantly complaining about men here, especially dick pics (the reason why I supported the OP is because he was a dude addressing the issue of etiquette rather than another woman just complaining). Men/everyone stay away from complainers. I suggest that if you want to be attractive to people be positive, happy and fun. Usually guys think one of the most attractive features of a woman is her smile - so smile in your posts, even if you are getting serious.

Non-engaging - This usually happens via PM's I find but I've seen some in the threads too. Girl's tend to give very short answers to PMs. Of course, there might be reasons - time, lots of PM's, don't know what to say - but a lot of the time conversations feel one sided. It seems the man does all the work to keep a conversation going. Myself... I'm guilty of falling into the trap of writing quick short answers in PMs - I'm trying not to but I'm often strapped for time and want the guy to know that I have read and I acknowledge him. But I too have tried really hard to have conversations with women via PM or Kik and the vagueness and little care is annoying and I drop them straight away. (This is actually a common complaint of most guys I know.)

Treating guys as if they are expendable - this tends to happen because women seem to be in minority and therefore have a 'power' to pick and choose. Because of this, guys often don't get the same respect they should. Such as women just drop off in mid conversation without warning, ghosting, etc. If they realise they don't connect with a guy, they should be upfront instead of making excuses or ignoring him. It might be a downer but the guy will appreciate it more than being strung along. (Though, I think some girls aren't upfront because some guys do get aggressive when they feel rejected.)

Task makers - in personals girls tend to make men jump hoops. Yes, this might be all in good fun but when you see it over and over and over again it makes a comment. It seems like most of the tests are to screen for idiocracy, meaning the woman supposes she will get contacted by a lot of idiots and wants a way to prevent it by using trickery. I think some of them can be insulting. Written in fine print below: 'You're not good enough for me if you don't add in the word jabbawockee in your PM title.' Really, it makes a comment about the woman... she is going to be so judgemental and picky... She is not going to like the man for who he is but what he can do for her.

AV - Don't use a pinup shot of someone else...lol. It's the same as a guy using someone else's cock. I know women feel really intimidated with all the hot female bodies men like to gorge on here, or tend to use their AV as an expression of how they feel they should look, but in reality, most men I find like REAL women. Be your naturally beautiful self. I've also seen women use AV's that say things like "fuck you" and then they complain about how people are disrespectful in threads... true story. I find men really like faces, and smiles. Smiles are always beautiful.

And... post... (let's see what happens...)

:kiss:

^^^^^^

This!

Fuck, Sassy. I'm breaking that rule with you right now! :heart:

I know, and it'll be all your fault if I ever end up with a broken heart. !!! :D I'm ok to pass the blame for my weakness.

Last edited:
:heart: I'm pretty sure you and I are stuck with each other. Through good and bad times. That's what friends are for. Uh oh, I'm going to get sappy. :eek:

Sappy works....Besides, it's what friends do too. ;)

Plus watching their back.

I have a bit of advice for personal ads or any posts, really

• Don't act like you know everything, especially when it's obvious you don't have a clue.
• Don't pretend to be something you're not.
• Be teachable, willing to learn from others.
• Don't use 'U' in place of 'you'.
• Respect other's fetishes or way of life. Don't look down your nose at those who DON'T share your fetish/way of life. (i.e. Don't say someone is a slut for sleeping with five guys in the same month or call someone old fashioned for being more on the conservative side.)

Finally, and most importantly...

•Write your add the way you see fit. It's no one else's business what you put in there, how you write it, or what you desire.

Nothing makes me angrier than seeing someone mocked in a Lit Personal Ad. If you don't fit the bill, if you don't like what is said... unless you've got something constructive to say, go away. Click the 'back' button and go to the next ad.

Don't humiliate a person to the point where they are so embarrassed they leave Lit. Why? Why would you do that to someone? It's because you apparently think you are better, funnier, whatever. And you're nothing but a bully.

~ The End ~

I have a bit of advice for personal ads or any posts, really

• Don't act like you know everything, especially when it's obvious you don't have a clue.
• Don't pretend to be something you're not.
• Be teachable, willing to learn from others.
• Don't use 'U' in place of 'you'.
• Respect other's fetishes or way of life. Don't look down your nose at those who DON'T share your fetish/way of life. (i.e. Don't say someone is a slut for sleeping with five guys in the same month or call someone old fashioned for being more on the conservative side.)

Finally, and most importantly...

•Write your add the way you see fit. It's no one else's business what you put in there, how you write it, or what you desire.

Nothing makes me angrier than seeing someone mocked in a Lit Personal Ad. If you don't fit the bill, if you don't like what is said... unless you've got something constructive to say, go away. Click the 'back' button and go to the next ad.

Don't humiliate a person to the point where they are so embarrassed they leave Lit. Why? Why would you do that to someone? It's because you apparently think you are better, funnier, whatever. And you're nothing but a bully.

~ The End ~

I agree with much if not all of this. And spelling, please make sure you do it correctly. "alot" is not a word by the way, nor is "anyways". And me, myself and I. It's really not difficult to get this one correct. If you are speaking about yourself, you generally get it correct. It's when you add in someone else, well that's where you fuck up. "If you have any questions, contact Jim or myself." WRONG. It's Jim or ME. ME dammit. Just remove Jim from the sentence. Would you say "If you have any questions, contact myself"? No, see, it isn't that difficult.

Back