Words of Advice

After seeing enormous threads from “guys seeking gals” in various forms, I feel obligated to offer up some advice that I have garnered through formal education as well as street learning here on Lit.

The biggest thing to get into your head is that this is no different than job seeking. The two follow a very similar premise: you have to get the interview, and then when you get the interview, you have to get the second round interview and ultimately get the offer and stay on board.

Great post, my friend!
Having done quite a bit of hiring and firing in my time, I can tell you, that most of the pms I receive would never be called in for the initial interview.
Why? Well, let's see...there is often absolutely nothing in their profile/bio, for starters. Or the message is about two-three words long--that's not really a message, guys. And some of you will recognize this line "hey, you've got to give me something to work with..." because I've sent it to you.
So, pay attention to the advice given by my friend here and you should be much more successful in your efforts.
Good luck!
Maybe you could offer a class or two GypsyDancerAnne? Where would I sign up?

Back