Colorado High School Forbids Celebration of America

Busybody

We are ALL BUSYBODY!
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Posts
55,323
Colorado High School Forbids Celebration of America


To eradicate patriotism, our liberal rulers must prevent it from taking root in young minds. Good thing for them they run the government schools:


The student council at Fort Collins [Colorado] High School had proposed having a day to celebrate the United States during next week’s Winter Spirit Week. The young people pitched “’Merica Monday” — and invited their classmates to dress in patriotic colors. Their proposal was promptly shot down by administrators.

“They said they didn’t want to be exclusive to any other country,” a 17-year-old member of the student council told me.

The way not to be exclusive is to be “inclusive.” The way to be inclusive is to exclude anything that liberals don’t like. This prominently includes anything patriotic.

Students and parents who were interviewed about the story would only speak anonymously.


The parents feared their children might face reprisals from liberal educators.

“It’s bizarre and idiotic that we’ve come to this crossroads in our society that we are having to sacrifice our own culture and belief system,” one of the parents told me. “I can’t even tell you how it got our blood boiling.” …

“It’s shocking,” [a] 16-year-old said. “There are men and women fighting for our country and we should be able to celebrate that and be proud that we live in a country where we are allowed to vote — the right to free speech. They won’t even let us celebrate it.”

The irony, said the students, is that they are required to participate in Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

No one would have been forced to wear red, white, and blue for Merica Day. In accordance with liberal philosophy, that which is not mandatory is forbidden.

Considering that America is run by liberal politicians who are appointed by the liberal media, it might seem surprising that liberals hate it so much that they react to expressions of patriotism the way vampires react to the Holy Cross. Apparently the country has not yet been “fundamentally transformed” to their liking.

Old Glory must still represent the same thing to moonbats — liberty, capitalism, rugged independence — that it does to patriots. Thank you Colorado educrats, for reminding us that it is still worth fighting for, no matter who is currently in charge.
 
If these kids were really patriots and Americans they would not ask permission they would just do it. That's what I would tell my kids to do. Let the school call home and tell me why my kids are in trouble. I would love that. Kids and parents are so fucking whimpy these days.
 
Wisconsin Town Sued For Banning “Impeach Obama” Signs, American Flags On Overpass Sidewalk…




It’s almost like the town is singling them out.

Via LaCrosse Tribune:


Two tea party protesters have sued the town of Campbell in federal court challenging an ordinance that prohibits signs on a pedestrian bridge across Interstate 90.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court on behalf of Greg Luce and Nicholas Newman, names the town as well as police Chief Tim Kelemen and Officer Nathan Casper.

The ordinance, passed in October, violates Luce and Newman’s rights to free speech and free assembly, their attorneys argue in the complaint. The plaintiffs also are seeking a temporary injunction to stop enforcement of the ordinance.

Tea party supporters first used the overpass on Aug. 6 as part of a national movement calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama. Citing public safety, the town board passed two ordinances banning the display of “signs, flags, banners, pennants, streamers, balloons” within 100 feet of the bridge.

Four protesters received $132.90 citations for holding flags and a large wooden cross on the overpass during a Dec. 8 protest.

According to the complaint, Luce took part in an Oct. 24 demonstration in which protesters wore T-shirts that together spelled “IMPEACH” on one side and “OBAMA” on the other. He left when threatened with citation by police.

Newman stood on the overpass three days later holding an American flag and was issued a ticket for violating the ordinance.

Erin Mersino, trial counsel for the nonprofit Thomas More Law Center, which supports “America’s Judeo-Christian heritage and moral values,” said the ordinance in effect bans the expression of ideas in what would traditionally be a public forum — a sidewalk.

“It’s amazing that the government has overreached in this fashion,” she said.
 
Back
Top