Dark Receiver

Elron Kramer

"Oh it wasn't just your dad dearest Juliet, it was both of them. Are they always so strange towards other people when it is about you?"

He opened the door for her and got in after her

"But I am glad that they took the lie, it would be just us three, but that would probably have had them throwing me out of the house by sheer force"
 
"Oh it wasn't just your dad dearest Juliet, it was both of them. Are they always so strange towards other people when it is about you?"

Claire considered as she slid into the car.

"Well they are always abit ... strange .. but ... "

She shrugged, unable to explain it.

"I did warn you ... "

She sighed.

"But I am glad that they took the lie, it would be just us three, but that would probably have had them throwing me out of the house by sheer force"

She laughed as they pulled away.

"You were lucky, especially after that parenting skills comment ... "

She giggled.

"Still gives me more Juliet background to work from I guess.... "
 
Elron Kramer

"They weren't that bad, but I must say that their reactions was that of somebody actually trying to warn you away from other people"

He shrugged

"Maybe that was just me"

He drove off to one of the Supermarkets and told her to come along, he left his jacket and tie in the car

"Just need to get something to drink, water all the time is just a bit too much"
 
"They weren't that bad, but I must say that their reactions was that of somebody actually trying to warn you away from other people.
Maybe that was just me"


Claire could offer no further explanation of her parents behaviour and so followed him into the supermarket.

"Just need to get something to drink, water all the time is just a bit too much"

She nodded.

"That fire sure did get to your voice. I didn't even realise it was you when you came up on the stage at auditions."

She chuckled.

"I didn't know who I was going to see when I "woke up"!
 
Elron Kramer

"Heavens yes, I was actually very lucky. If Glen didn't come along I would not have been here. That guy seems to be at the right place at the right time for most people, yet happiness keeps eluding him"

Elron had picked out some cooldrinks for himself and he turned to face her

"What would you like to drink? Or are you going to drink water with Glen the whole evening?"
 
"Heavens yes, I was actually very lucky. If Glen didn't come along I would not have been here. That guy seems to be at the right place at the right time for most people, yet happiness keeps eluding him"

Once more she shuddered internally at his lucky escape.

"He sounds like a very good friend to have around. A shame he hasn't found happiness himself ... "

She murmured.

"What would you like to drink? Or are you going to drink water with Glen the whole evening?"

She laughed.

"Actually ... yes ... I'll stick to water ... I hate anything fizzy ... and to me fruit juice is for mornings ... "

She looked around.

"Can we just head up there. I want to get some chocolates..."

She met his quizzical expression.

"Well ... I can't buy Glen flowers and I have no idea what his taste in wine is, so ... I think chocolates are a safe dinner party gift ... and you can help me choose .... "

She met his eyes and simpered in mock-Phebesque way.

"Wilt thou, Silvius?"
 
Elron Kramer

"Oh thou hast my love, now thy cast wicked spells on my poor mind. Alas one can not withstand one as she"

He smiled and motioned for her to lead the way

"If you want him upset, but munching down, get him a Rum 'n Raisin slab. That is his biggest weakness. But if you want him happy he would do with any other type of chocolate"
 
"Oh thou hast my love, now thy cast wicked spells on my poor mind. Alas one can not withstand one as she"

She chuckled and thought, not for the first time, that he was going to prove an interesting and challenging Romeo to play opposite.

"If you want him upset, but munching down, get him a Rum 'n Raisin slab. That is his biggest weakness. But if you want him happy he would do with any other type of chocolate"

She laughed.

"Rum and raisin it is ... annnnnnddd .... "

She considered and picked out a selection pack.

"This should keep everyone happy ... "

They made their way companionably towards the checkout.
 
Elron Kramer

After they paid, the way to Glen's place seemed too short, but they knew that they could continue their chat as they walked from the car to the door. It was open and the smell of cooking food met them at the door, in the background Fur Elise was playing and Glen's voice came from the kitchen

"...it is true, oh can't you see, I love you so. Madly, deeply, completely in love with you, what is there that I can to prove to you....that I love you...more than words can say, than thoughts could bear..."

He suddenly broke off

"Elron, stop sneaking about and pour the poor girl something to drink"
 
They left the car and made their way to Glen's place. Claire was curious as to what kind of place he lived in and even more so as to how the two men got up as house mates.

"So... when exactly did you decide you'd upstage me at the auditions?"

She quipped as they entered the house to the accompaniment of music and Glen's voice.

"Elron, stop sneaking about and pour the poor girl something to drink"

She laughed and made her way into the kitchen to where Glen stood.

"No dinner guest should arrive empty handed ... "

She told him, glancing across at Elron waiting for his reaction to her chocolate choices.
 
Glen Kane

He looked at her and then he saw the chocolates, he had a sneaking suspicion that Elron had a hand in the selection, but he smile his gratitude.

"Just pop them into the fridge over there, you will see there is a compartment for diary products"

He lifted a lid and sniffed, yes it smelled just right. Whistling along with the music he continued with the food. Then he looked at Claire

"I have the song on repeat, if you want to listen to something else just pick it out from the list on the player, I really don't mind"

He lifted the pasta from the oven and drained it


Elron Kramer

He had expected a different response, but so far Glen looked as calm and relaxed as a cat who was having it belly rubbed. When he offered Claire to pick any music he knew something was up, then it dawned on him, he was looking at the first seedling of affection taking hold of his friend. He chuckled and handed Claire her water

"Actually that decision came when I heard you start, I just slipped in and upstaged the young man who recited after we had left"
 
"Just pop them into the fridge over there, you will see there is a compartment for diary products"

She opened the fridge and saw the compartment he spoke of. She couldn't help but notice how well stocked and well organised the fridge was and wondered if that was Elron or Glen's doing.

"I have the song on repeat, if you want to listen to something else just pick it out from the list on the player, I really don't mind"

She glanced down at the player.

"This is fine for now ... I like this too ..."

She smiled at him and watched him expertly draining the pasta.

"Actually that decision came when I heard you start, I just slipped in and upstaged the young man who recited after we had left"

She smiled her thanks and sipped at her water feeling pleased that it had not in fact been that young man that she'd woken up to see.

"... shame ... I bet he'd have followed the stage directions ... "

She laughed as he got her tease.

"... then again ... perhaps the problem was that I didn't play dead convincingly enough ... any tips Glen on how to play ... 'deader'?"
 
Glen Kane

He pondered for a while as he added the pasta to the chicken pieces and removes the sauce from the stove and poured that in, mixing everything together he added cheese on top and popped it into the oven

"Well you did die a bit slowly, sort of like you got bitten by a snake. Maybe pull a gun and shoot yourself..."

He mimicked pulling a gun and putting it to his head

"Oh dagger ist this then howest I must know thee, by thy cold touch and dark embrace. Then go forth dagger, end this life and usher me to my love"

He pulled the trigger and did a quite convincing act of falling dead to the floor
 
"Well you did die a bit slowly, sort of like you got bitten by a snake."[/I]

She thought it was a serious critique until he continued.

" Maybe pull a gun and shoot yourself..."

She watched his mimick, his pseudo final speech and watched him drop to the floor. She clapped slowly in mock applause.

"Ok, Mr Director ... now perhaps you could show me how I put my head back together again to discover poisoned Romeo and then ACTUALLY kill myself?"

She looked from one man to the other and rolled her eyes.

"What have I gotten myself into....?"
 
Glen Kane

He peeked over the counter at her

"And you weren't even worried about me? Oh woe is me, I doomed I tell you doomed"

With a chuckle he got to his feet

"Well then you want to act dead, so in fact you shot yourself with a dart gun. If you remember I never made the BANG sound. The devil is in the details my dear"

He chuckled again and rested his elbows on the counter as he looked at the two

"My star crossed lovers, who would have thought I would find you so fast?"
 
"And you weren't even worried about me? Oh woe is me, I doomed I tell you doomed"

Claire laughed at his dramatic manner.

"Well then you want to act dead, so in fact you shot yourself with a dart gun. "

Claire opened her mouth to argue against his interpretation, but he insisted.

"If you remember I never made the BANG sound. The devil is in the details my dear"

She shook her head. And that, she supposed was why he was the director!

"My star crossed lovers, who would have thought I would find you so fast?"

She smiled and could not help but be curious.

"Did you find the rest of the cast yet ... I'm looking forward to meeting my "Capulet" family. Perhaps my Romeo will fare better at their hands than he did with my parents earlier ... "

She giggled.
 
Glen Kane

He scoffed

"When Elron has no marks, he didn't even try"

He grinned at his old friend

"Well yes actually the whole cast is assembled and I am glad to say that rehearsals will start tomorrow morning at eight"
 

"When Elron has no marks, he didn't even try"


Claire was tempted to tell Glen about Elron's attempts to persuade her parents, but preferred to let it drop.

"Well yes actually the whole cast is assembled and I am glad to say that rehearsals will start tomorrow morning at eight"

Her eyes widened.

" ... so soon!?"

Reality hit her.

" ... oh my God ... it's real ... I only hope I don't let you two down ... "

She told them.

"I've never done anything like this before ... "

Elron was so experienced and she was sure that many of the others would have gone through the rehearsal and staging process before.
 
Glen Kane

He looked at her and just shook his head

"Come now my dear, we are just going to read the lines, get to know our places and all of that, nothing that bad. Of course you will have to charm me with that lovely voice of yours again. The easiest way would be to slip into character and stay there, it doesn't matter if you thee and thou everybody until we are done"


Elron Kramer

He was sipping on his cooldrink

"Of course what does help is that Glen will be on stage with us, not shouting at us from the back of the theater like most of the other producers tend to do"
 
"Come now my dear, we are just going to read the lines, get to know our places and all of that, nothing that bad. Of course you will have to charm me with that lovely voice of yours again."

She could hardly believe he was being so nice to her.

"The easiest way would be to slip into character and stay there, it doesn't matter if you thee and thou everybody until we are done"

Claire nodded: She thought that was called method acting, but did not want to risk a comment incase she had remembered incorrectly. But it was a good tip ...

"Of course what does help is that Glen will be on stage with us, not shouting at us from the back of the theater like most of the other producers tend to do"

She did find that a comforting prospect. Despite them both being on the production team, she really felt that Elron and Glen were her allies.

"I guess I can do that ... not that different from rehearsing in the park ... much .... "

She laughed.
 
Glen Kane

"Actually we will rehearse in the park at some stage, when I heard about the encounter there I wondered why not? It's public so we don't need to pay, the fresh air would do everybody some good and if there is some people who stop and look we can invite them to the show, half price tickets"

He smiled and finished his water, turning off the oven

"Just think of it this way, we will give them a free show, but if they want to see it properly done, they can come to the theater"

He used a loud intimidating voice

"The theater, where the imagination is the only limit and where everything is real"
 
"Actually we will rehearse in the park at some stage, when I heard about the encounter there I wondered why not? It's public so we don't need to pay, the fresh air would do everybody some good and if there is some people who stop and look we can invite them to the show, half price tickets"

Claire shot a glance at Elron, but it seemed that Glen was totally serious!

"Just think of it this way, we will give them a free show, but if they want to see it properly done, they can come to the theater"


He told her as if convincing her of his intent.

"The theater, where the imagination is the only limit and where everything is real"

Claire nudged Glen playfully and laughed.

"You really are crazy ... even worse than Elron ... "

She looked across.

" ... and that's saying something.
But ....I can't wait to see how you're going to "modernise" aspects of the play though Glen ... it'll be amazing!"
 
Last edited:
Glen Kane

He grinned at her and then he became serious

"Are you serious about that? I have been trying to do that for some time, but time and of course available actors really hamstrung my ideas and of course the other production doesn't even want to look at my idea, saying it's bad mojo to mess with Will's work"
 
"Are you serious about that? I have been trying to do that for some time, but time and of course available actors really hamstrung my ideas and of course the other production doesn't even want to look at my idea, saying it's bad mojo to mess with Will's work"

She shook her head.

"Sure I'm serious. You said back at the theatre that you had ideas. If you have a vision for the play, surely you have to run with that?"

She glanced across at Elron briefly.

"I mean ... you have Elron ... and me ... he's brilliant and I've never done any production before, so you I can take any direction you like ... "

She seemed to grow more excited at the prospect.

" ... wow to make it really contemporary, every day contemporary rather than the extreme gang war fare of Di Caprio's setting ... something young people round here can relate to perhaps? I'm sure you have stacks of ideas ... "

She looked at him expectantly...
 
Glen Kane

He chuckled

"You have been talking with Elron haven't you? Yes that is exactly what I'm aiming for, how amidst gang war, hatred and death love can be found even in your worst enemy"

He sighed as he thought about his dream

"It made for a great movie, of course Leo was just a pretty boy, he didn't really have that kind of acting in him. He was a fortunate son. I want to make my characters gritty, angry...so that when they fall in love, you can see it is real and just how powerful such a love can be"

He returned his gaze towards her and smiled

"Aye it is but a dream"
 
Back
Top