Tess's Trifles

thestruggle

A Little Sparrow
Joined
May 30, 2011
Posts
4,953
[size=+2]Welcome.[/size]

I've amassed all of my threads, creations, ideas, and images into this space. It's in a constant state of flux: edits and additions will appear frequently, and other things may disappear as my tastes dictate. If anything I've put on here is deemed offensive, it will be removed with an explanation posted permanently for its absence. While this is my oddball little corner, I do invite opinions and contributions from friends and strangers alike. However, please read through my guidelines and content to gain an idea of the lay of the land. Otherwise, enjoy! Or run away screaming, I don't mind.

[size=+2]Blanket trigger warning: dark ideas and pictures ahead. You've been warned.[/size]

 
Last edited:
Creative Content.

[size=+2]Threads:[/size]

CREATIONS:

SRP PROFILE. Updated: 3/4/2016.

THE ATHENAEUM: MY LOUNGE THREAD. (Please check for in-progress scenes before posting.)

THE SCHOOL GROUNDS: THE LIBRARY.

THE TIPTON TRAVELING SHOW: AN OPEN LOUNGE & STORY THREAD.

MY BRILLIANT CREATION: THE MAN CANDY SRP INSPIRATION THREAD.

CLUB SIMPLICITÉ: AN IC SOCIALIZING THREAD.

CURRENT THREADS:

The Bayou - with IvoryTigress
Operation Jericho - with Scuttle Buttin'
Welcome to Etham, Alabama - with Britwitch, IvoryTigress, LeChatNoir, and Scuttle Buttin'
The Case Files of Massacre Asylum - with an amazing cast of ladies.
Night and Fog - with Britwitch, saysalice, and Scuttle Buttin'

DEAD AND GONE THREADS:

Tracked and Transformed - with Magister26.
Basic Training - with poohlive.
Abductions in Elswood - with Magister26, poohlive, & zydrate.
Rough Trade - with LeChatNoir

[size=+2]Scenes:[/size]

Lesson - with Miss_Vivi.
The Orchard - with Miss_Vivi.
Church - with a bunch of troublemakers.
Airport Bar - with Scuttle Buttin'.

[size=+2]Short Stories and Other Works:[/size]

Date Night.
The Break Up.
Comeback Kid.
Muse.
October 2013 Challenge Piece.
Ruffly's Birthday Present.
December 2013 Challenge Piece.
March 2014 Challenge Piece.
April 2014 Challenge Piece.
June 2014 Challenge Piece.
Little Things.
Party Lights, I See the Party Lights.
Copper Cables.
Day Eighty-Six.
The List Parts 1 & 2.
Adore.
Small Sacrifices.

 
Last edited:
Guidelines.

Thinking of writing with me?
A few guidelines:

- Please read my SRP profile to get an idea of what I'm willing to write and what I'd rather not. Any questions can be directed to me in PM or, if we're acquainted, on YIM. Please don't ask for my Kik or any messenger info unless I offer first. I update my SRP as necessary: not with any set frequency, but as I evolve and become interested in different things. As I try to mention in my actual profile, tastes change. And just because I like to swim (sink) with sharks, that doesn't always mean I'm going to be interested in writing that process with you. Respect my boundaries and autonomy, and I'll do the same.

- I'm heavily invested in social activism and I try to remain as faithful to this fact on these forums as much as I can. That's not saying that I'm the Lounge Crusader. I come here for recreation, just like everyone else, and I can't catch everything. However, if I see you acting like an asshole, I'm probably going to say something. If you act like an asshole to me, I'm definitely going to say something. I'm not going to say fair warning, because I don't really care about fairness in this situation, but I also find it important to make this clear.

- With social awareness in mind, I am very cognizant of how this intersects with my writing and interests. If there is a story that I'm writing that is offensive to someone that does not share my privilege, I will absolutely take that story down. I do not engage in race play, size play, disability fetishes, or any other kind of kink that marginalizes individuals. I do, however, explore dark and heavily abusive storylines within the context of my own experiences. I've had this thrown at me a few times around here as evidence of my moral deficiency, and I think it's necessary to point out that my encounters are consensual and a part of my own recovery/individual growth. I do not believe in isolated kink or fetishism, and am happy to discuss the constructed nature of these areas. I will not, however, disclose details of my personal life to justify why these subjects are significant to me. Sex criticism - absolutely. Victim shaming/marginalizing - knock it off.

- I like to personalize my stories. I would rather engage in active communication and develop rapport than slap some words into a text box. I write for a living, on my own, and come here for interactive experiences. This doesn't mean the characters aren't separate, but that I would prefer collaborative stories to be collaborative. If this is uncomfortable for you, rest assured that I will always respect boundaries! I cannot, however, engage in complex plots without interaction. Particularly, if you are interested in writing a story that caters to my darker interests, this provision is a must.

- I know that I sound snippy with these finger-waggers, but I promise that I'm very approachable! I would rather not waste my time or yours and discover that our writing styles/personalities don't mesh. This is a crash course for me, but I'm ready to hear about you! If you'd like to write with me, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

I'll add to this if there's more I can think of. Thanks for reading!
 
Last edited:
Thread Ideas.

[size=+2]Thread Ideas:[/size]


Superfluous Men: This one would be a modern retelling of Eugene Onegin by Pushkin. I've skewed it so the Byronic character of Onegin would instead be a Russian mobster - someone who most definitely does not fit into societal norms. A description of such characters historically would probably help explain, "typical characteristics are disregard for social values, cynicism, and existential boredom. Typical behaviors are gambling, romantic intrigues, and duels. He is often unempathic and carelessly distresses others with his actions." My idea is to make Tatyana the lover of this modern Onegin but have him be cruel and capricious, perhaps romantic but more than anything disinterested and then acquisitive. Scruples do not figure here. He will reject her, steal the modern Lensky's Olga, and eventually come crawling back to Tatyana only to be rejected in turn. Or, at least, that's how the original went. This isn't done either.

A Strange Case: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde adaptation. Keep the Victorian backdrop, make it so Jekyll is engaged to be married and still committing brutal homicides as his Hyde persona. His paramour discovers his alter-ego and falls victim to his sexual violence. There would be at least a minor element of NC in this thread - I think it would probably be a major factor, more than likely. Jekyll would be horrified but then could give into his depravity.

Lusitania: I developed this idea after a weird combination of pre-WWI info and the manga Tomie. My idea is much less horror, but still pretty dark. I had the idea of Lusitania - the ship that helped spark WWI, and the idea of a girl everyone's drawn to. In mine, it would be one specific man, and he would develop an obsession that traverses the gamut of tenderness through unpredictable violence. Modern day, whatever setting.

Ode to a Nightingale: I thought of something with this picture and the titular poem by Keats. Something about the idea of exploring contexts and transcending a plane. I thought it could be a man who goes on some kind of night journey, sort of like Dante's descent, and throughout this night - which may seem endless or short - he discovers different things or ideas. This could be either extremely dark or more of a fantasy approach, or a mix of the two. Maybe like that movie The Cell? Or even more of a labyrinth?

The Fisherman's Wife: Alright, so I have a thing for SOME fantasy but not completely gothic either. I just like to play back and forth with realism, and this idea is another one of those. I like the idea of a man and wife living by the sea. Or maybe she's a widow, I don't know. I don't want to do the typical mermaid thing, with her being captured in a net. I like the idea of either him going away and returning as something other, something fae. Or, she's alone, and one night a man appears on the beach. Or a selkie. Or something. I love the landscape in this idea, and the uneasiness that he would inspire if he somehow came back changed. Or if she knew the man was something else, but took him anyway. Lots of ideas.


[size=+1]This list is constantly edited and updated, and is by no means exhaustive. Feel free to run ideas by me!
[/size]
 
Last edited:
Quotes & Snippets for Prompts.

I was dancing with an immortal august woman, who had black lilies in her hair, and her dreamy gesture seemed laden with a wisdom more profound than the darkness that is between star and star, and with a love like the love that breathed upon the waters; and as we danced on and on, the incense drifted over us and round us, covering us away as in the heart of the world, and ages seemed to pass, and tempests to awake and perish in the folds of our robes and in her heavy hair.

Suddenly I remembered that her eyelids had never quivered, and that her lilies had not dropped a black petal, or shaken from their places, and understood with a great horror that I danced with one who was more or less than human.

— W.B. Yeats, "Rosa Alchemica"

Nothing is real except the present, and already, I feel the weight of centuries smothering me. Some girl a hundred years ago once lived as I do. And she is dead. I am the present, but I know I, too, will pass. The high moment, the burning flash, come and are gone, continuous quicksand.

— Sylvia Plath

When I shed my skin
for you, I left intact
my animal heart

the desire to crack bones between delicate teeth.

— Jeannine Hall Gailey, “The Animal Heart: She Warns Him,” from She Returns to the Floating World

I exist. It is soft, so soft, so slow. And light: it seems as though it suspends in the air. It moves.

— Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea

For awhile, we are thrust back onto some bleak, jutting ledge, in a dark pierced by sheets of fire, swept by sheets of rain, in a world before kinship, or naming, or tenderness exist; we are brought close to formlessness.

— Adrienne Rich, "Women and Honor: Some Notes on Lying," from On Lies, Secrets, and Silence: Selected Prose 1966-1978
 
Last edited:
To-Do List.

Things I Need To Do:

Bayou
Dreamatorium
Jericho
Etham

If anyone thinks of something else that I've neglected to put up here, please let me know. Will be updated as needed.
 
Last edited:
tumblr_m5xhlektao1r06m1wo1_500.gif
 
Most of my ideas lately have been abstract.

- An idea inspired by this video that I'm not sure will work. Sort of a contrast, reality vs. intoxication. The reality would be stark, the hallucinations vivid and pretty much unlimited. It sounds weird but it lines up in my head somehow.

- Really want to write a story about a wax stylist, I think it would be along horror lines. I think it would work really well as a short thread, IE plotted out ahead. The wax stylist has created a world of her own, very insular and shy, and someone intrudes on it somehow. The person finds out her secret, and I think there's a lot of possibilities from there.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I sent that one to you awhile ago. I'm going back through some of my likes on Tumblr because that's where I usually put writing inspiration stuff. Need to stop doing that, makes things hard to find.

Totally. I have like 2000 likes on there now. Finding something a month or two ago is just ridiculous at this point. It's why I've started throwing potential character pictures in my thread, so they're easier to find.
 
Totally. I have like 2000 likes on there now. Finding something a month or two ago is just ridiculous at this point. It's why I've started throwing potential character pictures in my thread, so they're easier to find.

Oh yeah, I should probably do characters in here too. I'm not used to having a thread for all of my random stuff, kind of freaks me out.
 
Back
Top