TSCLT 4.0: Bitchy Malevolent Baby Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it certainly does.


Wat posted the Harrowing Goose Tale on Friday - too lazy to look for it. It's back there somewhere.


Still pondering the corned beef. Wagering it gets made for tomorrow. And Wat likes thighs, too.


Got in 35 minutes of hoofing. I may have this up to an hour . . . later today . . . .



tumblr_p7hkijkKrq1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Pie is ready to be served and I just began the process of seasoning the soup.
It might be raining, but life is good.

~~ and ~~

I just realized, I have some of those nice little red, orange and yellow peppers to throw in too. I am going to feast.
 
There's a can of corn joke somewhere hiding very close by.


Probably it's nesting with some local goose illegal immigrant or another.


As least until the goslings hatch . . . .


tumblr_p7gnssvFvu1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Swans can sing?


Geese just try to look all badass . . . an' shit . . . .


I just stopped and spread my steel appendages and squinted at them. We were allowed passage for free.


More egg-lay-age:


tumblr_p7gnsapWC61wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
There are some geese camped out at every pond around here. But, no swans, we are not worthy of swans.
 
~~ Woot! Woot! ~~

Just threw the baby carrots into the pot. Shit's gonna start getting good pretty soon!

We have geese visit from time-to-time, but the local ponds are too small and the forest is not to their liking. The neighbor purchased ducks last year, but the flew off. He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "What was I supposed to do? Put leashes on them?"
 
My grandfather kept ducks for the longest time.


It was always a scrap to see what the damned wharf rats would eat, the corn or the ducks themselves.


Shooting them was permitted, but it was almost impossible because somebody's house was the backstop.


But they certainly had it comin' . . . .


tumblr_p7gns8tb5F1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
We are very very far inland here. Yet, at one of the lakes here, I have seen seagulls. Maybe on some migratory route? Do seagulls migrate? It's a puzzle.
 
Seagulls are referred to as shithawks here, they are basically crows who like water. If there is food and a water source big enough for fish they will be there.

There is a park with measured trails near here so I took the pups and did a 4 mile sniff run. The pups would have kept going but the human still has winter legs and needed to return home.

Freezer meals have been restocked, kitchen scrubbed down and a casserole prepped for the oven. I am done for today.
 
I love the term shithawks. Love it, I tellz ya!!! I will now illegally export it from there. Perhaps I will consider it Bennett Young's spoils of war from his successful CSA invasion of Canada in 1864 or whenever.


I had no idea they wandered that far inland during the winter.


Having watched the Little Darlings for a few decades, I find that a supply of fish isn't always what they want on the menu. A good grocery store dumpster works like a charm, or for a restaurant, or any other human food place. They'd come a-diving for chicken legs the residents tossed out in the parking lot on the job I worked at last fall. It was close to the water.


Hence why I like the idea of calling them shithawks from here on out.


tumblr_p7gns5JDHU1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Land fills, that's where you find them. I think Hitchcock used some footage taken above landfills for "The Birds." (If he didn't he missed a good bet on saving production costs.)
 
I took the cat's g/f out for a steak. I think she enjoyed it.


She's good company, but she broke the cat's heart.


He wouldn't even come downstairs to see her.


I don't think he's angry - I think he's just hurt . . . .


Ko-tur-daudzdavai-37.jpg
 
Happy Monday!!!


I couldn't see any point in hurrying to get out of bed this morning.


So I went downstairs to put on the coffee, and the crock pot had burbled over in the middle of the night. It wasn't awful, but it's cleaned up now. It sure smells good down there this morning, too.


And the coffee is damn tasty, enough so to get accustomed to teepee living.


tumblr_nwcjsbObba1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Hey, good morning. Yeah, we see the shithawks down on the river. No big deal.
We go down every once in a while to watch the bald eagles.
 
I like watching ospreys fish.


Their whole kiting motion, how they flap and hover . . .


and then turn and drop like rocks, going under after their prey as need be.


The wings surface, catch a bit of water, and up a bit more, and some more, and they break free from the river and slowly rise, carrying a fish which probably outweighs them by double . . . .


tumblr_p7gl5gaN9s1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Indeed.

Coffee was a bad mistake this morning.
At least I have the memory of all that good eatin' yesterday.
Of course, I left the mess for the morning, so that's on the downside.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top