"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

In other words "You are the weakest lin, Goodbye."

weakestlink.jpg

Vic!

You can't make a "Weakest Link" riff in a "Doctor Who" thread and not reference The Anne Droid!

For shaaaaaaame!

Anne_Droid.jpg

XD

And now for something completely different.

I guess I should probably set up my own "cottage" thread at some point, but I've never felt the need and nowadays I can just use this OOC as my own personal sounding board.

As many of you know, I'm obsessed with webcomics.

Here are some of my favourites.

Dresden Codak is the neatest, prettiest, most cerebral comic out there. If you dig chicas who are "fond of metal," Kim Ross is your girl.

I've been involved in a few genderbending threads, but Exiern takes it to a whole new level. It's the guiltiest of guilty pleasures for me, but it winks knowingly at itself and at the fourth wall all the while, which totally flips a switch or two for me. Also, the new artist draws pretty. If you're down with the mirror-universe routine (Varrrrrrshanka <3) it also has a post-apocalyptic parallel comic called "Dark Reflections."

Gunnerkrigg Court is a jawdropper mix of science and fantasy. I'd be lying if I said Antimony Carver hadn't been an influence on at least one version of Rose McCrimmon, and rumour has it that Neil Gaiman himself has recommended this one in his blog.

Dr. McNinja is a doctor who is also a ninja. And all that that implies. Silly, sardonic satire with absolutely the most marvellous action sequences. Seriously, the assault on Franz Rayner's compound... no, no, I'll say too much. XD

Shadowgirls. Have you ever wondered what "Gilmore Girls" would have been like if they had had a little more Lovecraft? Maybe you should have.

Five-day-a-week comics which I check religiously (seriously freaking religiously) are Shortpacked!, Questionable Content, Scenes from A Multiverse, and Sluggy Freelance, and "SF" even updates with bonus content on weekends.

I'm definitely forgetting some of these and will probably update in future.

Last edited:
I guess I should probably set up my own "cottage" thread at some point, but I've never felt the need and nowadays I can just use this OOC as my own personal sounding board.

As many of you know, I'm obsessed with webcomics.

Here are some of my favourites.

Dresden Codak is the neatest, prettiest, most cerebral comic out there. If you dig chicas who are "fond of metal," Kim Ross is your girl.

I've been involved in a few genderbending threads, but Exiern takes it to a whole new level. It's the guiltiest of guilty pleasures for me, but it winks knowingly at itself and at the fourth wall all the while, which totally flips a switch or two for me. Also, the new artist draws pretty. If you're down with the mirror-universe routine (Varrrrrrshanka <3) it also has a post-apocalyptic parallel comic called "Dark Reflections."

Gunnerkrigg Court is a jawdropper mix of science and fantasy. I'd be lying if I said Antimony Carver hadn't been an influence on at least one version of Rose McCrimmon, and rumour has it that Neil Gaiman himself has recommended this one in his blog.

Dr. McNinja is a doctor who is also a ninja. And all that that implies. Silly, sardonic satire with absolutely the most marvellous action sequences. Seriously, the assault on Franz Rayner's compound... no, no, I'll say too much. XD

Shadowgirls. Have you ever wondered what "Gilmore Girls" would have been like if they had had a little more Lovecraft? Maybe you should have.

Five-day-a-week comics which I check religiously (seriously freaking religiously) are Shortpacked!, Questionable Content, Tales from A Multiverse, and Sluggy Freelance, and "SF" even updates with bonus content on weekends.

I'm definitely forgetting some of these and will probably update in future.

:eek: oh... my... :D

wrote my first review of a purchase on Amazon, & unfortunately it was a negative one.

Proper shipping is a MUST when you have a electronic storefront!!!

Finally figured out why I haven't been able to write worth a damn, last few days.

Been getting sick.

Awesome.

I am presently curled up on the couch with a warmy bag and one of the black cats, watching the very first episode of "Doctor Who" for the very first time. I despise this time of the month and it's worse when I'm sick, but all things considered...

*huggzz*

just read Ex Heroes again (this time I downloaded the Kindle version & read it on my phone. Strange though this may sound, I think I read faster on my iphone)

Twice in this book the author refrences Dr. Who

damn good read too!!

In an effort to further flesh out my Whovianism, I just watched "An Unearthly Child," the first episode of old-school "DW" starring, unsurprisingly, The First Doctor.

Definitely a product of The Sixties, but by God did they set the stage for some intriguing stuff.

The Doctor himself uses the phrase "Doctor Who" when presented with a misguided human suggesting a last name for him. Later, he uses the word "Companion," the writers of course little knowing that the fandom would adopt this as terminology for his entourage, later still to be embraced by the writers.

The Doctor also uses the phrase "The Weakest Link," which I giggled at.

It's strange seeing The Doctor so physically old and yet so relatively chronologically young.

And it's especially interesting seeing him as a cantankerous grandfather, heh.

But the dialogue was brilliantly concocted, the plot was stark and bare-bones yet seeded with mystery, and oh is there ever more where that came from.

God bless 23 November 1963.

In other news, I've been watching the same 55-second patch of "Firefly" over and over again for dialogue reference and it has not been getting old.

Fuck do I miss that show.

Back