Donald Trump loves the poorly educated

Agreed. They don't want a diplomat or a scholar running this country. They want an ignorant bully who thanks, talks, acts and looks like they do.

The most eloquent take on Trump supporters I've seen to date: "They like him because he acts like they would if they had money."

Over two-hundred years ago, Thomas Jefferson told us that an enlightened citizenry is indispensable for the proper functioning of a republic. He told us that self-government would not be possible unless the citizens were educated sufficiently to enable them to exercise oversight.

Trump is probably unaware of anything Thomas Jefferson said about the consequences of an uneducated citizenry, however, he seems to instinctively understand that an educated citizenry would not tolerate his lies and dishonest scheming. Trump doesn’t want an educated citizenry exercising oversight. He wants millions of credulous dullards mindlessly chanting slogans, believing absurd lies and supporting atrocities.

And while Donald Trump will soon be nothing more than a sad footnote in America’s history, the MILLIONS of intellectually-lazy dupes that believe America’s Founding Fathers wanted America to be a Christian theocracy, and think that climate change is a hoax, will still be with us. They will still be voting in national, state, local and school board elections.

Watching the way that the Republican Party has spent decades underfunding schools, pushing creationism as part of the school curriculum, denying the theory of evolution, vainly attempting to abolish the department of education and defaming teachers, college professors and scientists on right-wing radio, one could reasonably assume that the Republican Party actually WANTED to turn America into a nation swarming with millions of intellectually-lazy dupes.

Perhaps we should try to remove the Republicans from power, fully fund America’s schools, praise public school teachers for the admirable work that they do, commend all the good that scientists have done for this nation, and see if that helps to produce a more educated citizenry.

Back when I was a teenager, the Republicans referred to college professors, scientists, award winning journalists, scholars and other educated people as "eggheads" and the "Eastern Elite". They derided educated people as "arrogant" and out of touch with the common man, and they said that they weren't "real Americans" because they used "big words" and made "real Americans" feel inferior, awkward and confused.

That was in the 1980's.

In the 1990's Republicans like Newt Gingrich pushed similar propaganda. Newt Gingrich decided that the Republican Party would be the party of anti-intellectualism. Under Gingrich the Republican Party mindlessly opposed everything that Bill Clinton supported. Republicans halted all serious policy debates and instead spoke only in bumper-sticker slogans.

Fox "news" Channel showed up right around the same time. They also spoke in bumper-sticker slogans and engaged in rumor-mongering, fear-mongering and hate-mongering, all the while referring to such childish performance-art as "news broadcasting". A marriage between Gingrich-Republicans and Fox "news" Channel was born...each supporting the other. No matter how insane the rhetoric or the legislation the Gingrich Republicans came out with, Fox "news" would dumb down the debate to the level or a bunch of grade-school kids on the playground and always cheer for the Gingrich Republicans, while mocking anything that President Bill Clinton was trying to do.

It got worse in the year 2000. Intellectual dullard George W. Bush ran against the highly intellectual Al Gore. The Republicans derided Al Gore as an "egghead" and "the elite" and said that people would much rather have a beer with an intellectually-lazy party boy like George W. Bush than en educated man like Al Gore.

The Republicans had turned educated and intellectual qualifications into a stigma. Educated people weren't "real Americans". They were "the elite", they were "stuffy", they used "big words" and were no fun at parties.

And now we have Donald Trump as the leader of the Republican Party.

Trump speaks like a ten-year old child, he refuses to read his daily intelligence briefings, he's forcing hundreds scientists out of the federal government and cutting funds for research programs, cutting funds for America's schools and praising the poorly educated.

I'd like to say the Republican Party has sank as low as it can go........but I said that back in 2003, and they found ways to sink even LOWER!!!

Articulate and Analytical writes: " They want an ignorant bully who thanks, talks, acts and looks like they do."

In 2016, the pendulum was simply swinging back the other way. After eight-years of an increasingly effeminate & emasculated America, the people of this country wanted somebody who wouldn't go around signing presidential executive orders allowing transgendered guys into women's restrooms.

YDB95 writes: "The most eloquent take on Trump supporters I've seen to date: "They like him because he acts like they would if they had money.""

It's true - Trump didn't use a career in politics to amass millions of dollars, as did the Clintons, Obamas, & Nancy Pelosi, etc. Career politicians have to pretend to want to help poor people, all the while enriching themselves. Trump already had a long history of charitable giving before he ever considered running for office.

dan_c00000 writes: "The irony here is the Newt has a PhD and was a college professor."

Newt was that rare combination of unassailable intelligence along with very sharp political smarts. And, of course, the liberal Democrats deeply hated him.

It's true - Trump didn't use a career in politics to amass millions of dollars, as did the Clintons, Obamas, & Nancy Pelosi, etc. Career politicians have to pretend to want to help poor people, all the while enriching themselves. Trump already had a long history of charitable giving before he ever considered running for office.

Trump didn’t use politics to get wealthy, he used his father. Dollar-adjusted for inflation he’s made nothing on his own.

Pelosi didn’t use politics, she married a highly successful businessman and stayed married to him.

Obamas didn’t use politics, they wrote successful books and used their brains.

Please show the evidence of Trump being generous in charitable giving, maybe a tax return for instance.

Articulate and Analytical writes: " They want an ignorant bully who thanks, talks, acts and looks like they do."

In 2016, the pendulum was simply swinging back the other way. After eight-years of an increasingly effeminate & emasculated America, the people of this country wanted somebody who wouldn't go around signing presidential executive orders allowing transgendered guys into women's restrooms.

Actually, by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is essentially forcing transgendered guys into women's restrooms (since they're men who are biologically female). If you're going to spew your hate like that, at least get the terminology right!

Newt was that rare combination of unassailable intelligence along with very sharp political smarts. And, of course, the liberal Democrats deeply hated him.

It wasn't just Democrats who hated him. When he was speaker of the house, he was about as popular as the flu - among the general public, not just Democrats. When he ran for president, he proved not to be very popular among Republicans either.

As for "unassailable intelligence," people I know who've been involved in academia in Georgia have said his qualifications and teaching ability were a bad joke.

But hey, I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He was the first and biggest casualty of the Monica Lewinsky mess, and he didn't even get a blow job.

Adre writes: "Please show the evidence of Trump being generous in charitable giving, maybe a tax return for instance."

Yeah, Adre - Jesse Jackson just gave Donald Trump that Civil Rights award for assisting minorities in business because he liked his haircut!

https://pics.me.me/donald-trump-gets-award-from-jesse-jackson-for-hiring-black-26472516.png - (Real racists don't usually receive awards from Jesse Jackson!)

YDB95 writes: "Actually, by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is essentially forcing transgendered guys into women's restrooms"

So now you're calling Donald Trump a CHAMPION of transgendered rights? Make up your mind!

"But hey, I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He was the first and biggest casualty of the Monica Lewinsky mess, and he didn't even get a blow job."

No, it was President Clinton who got the blow-job. In the oval office. And then he lied about it. Under Oath. And the Democrats said that was no big deal.

A phony award is evidence of a long history of charitable giving?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Newt was that rare combination of unassailable intelligence along with very sharp political smarts.

Which is why the crusade he led to impeach Clinton turned out so well, right? He did so well he resigned, lost a ton of seats in the house, cheated on his dying wife, and a government shutdown that achieved nothing. A real winner there.

dan_c00000 writes: "Which is why the crusade he led to impeach Clinton turned out so well, right?"

That's an astute observation, Dan! Had Bill Clinton actually been removed from office, we'd have been stuck with a President Al Gore! And I can't think of ANYBODY would would have wanted that!

"He did so well he resigned, lost a ton of seats in the house, cheated on his dying wife, and a government shutdown that achieved nothing. A real winner there"

A "ton of seats in the house?" - yes, two years into the Clinton presidency (in 1994) the Democratic Party lost 54-House & 8-Senate seats, losing control of BOTH houses of congress for the first time in FIFTY-YEARS!

But no, Dan - Hillary wasn't dying. Her presidential dreams somewhat died in 2008, before then permanently dying in November of 2016. But I'm not sure you can blame any of that on her husband's cheating.

A "ton of seats in the house?" - yes, two years into the Clinton presidency (in 1994) the Democratic Party lost 54-House & 8-Senate seats, losing control of BOTH houses of congress for the first time in FIFTY-YEARS!

But no, Dan - Hillary wasn't dying. Her presidential dreams somewhat died in 2008, before then permanently dying in November of 2016. But I'm not sure you can blame any of that on her husband's cheating.

He was referring to 1998, when the Republicans did in fact lose seats in the House even though it was Clinton's sixth-year election, which is almost always a bloodbath for the president's party. And it was Gingrich's dying wife he was referring to. Gingrich asked her for a divorce while she was in the hospital with cancer.

YDB95 writes: "Actually, by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is essentially forcing transgendered guys into women's restrooms"

So now you're calling Donald Trump a CHAMPION of transgendered rights? Make up your mind!

My mind is made up, but that's beside the point. The point is, Trump is the one "forcing transgendered buys into women's restrooms". Since you're as clueless as you are bigoted, you don't even realise what you're saying here: by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is forcing "transgendered guys" - that is, men who were born female - into women's restrooms.

YDB95 writes: "He was referring to 1998, when the Republicans did in fact lose seats in the House even though it was Clinton's sixth-year election, which is almost always a bloodbath for the president's party."

FACT: Before Bill Clinton destroyed his party's huge House & Senate majorities in the 1994 mid-terms, the Democrats had controlled one (and usually BOTH) houses of congress for half-a-century! But that long streak ended in November of 1994... and the Republicans KEPT control of both houses in 1996 (while Bill was winning a second-term)... and they ALSO continued to run both the U.S. House & Senate following the 1998 elections (which you seem to view as a Democratic Party victory?)

"And it was Gingrich's dying wife he was referring to. Gingrich asked her for a divorce while she was in the hospital with cancer."

You now seem to be comparing Newt Gingrich with Democratic Party presidential candidate John Kerry's running-mate: JOHN EDWARDS from North Carolina! Edwards almost went to prison for his illegal shenanigans with his mistress after THAT whole sordid episode came to light!

"The point is, Trump is the one "forcing transgendered buys into women's restrooms". Since you're as clueless as you are bigoted, you don't even realise what you're saying here: by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is forcing "transgendered guys" - that is, men who were born female - into women's restrooms."

So I'm "as clueless as I am bigoted?" TRANSLATION: Anybody who disagrees with me is a racist, just as anyone doesn't want to see transgendered guys using the girls' locker room at high school must be a hate-filled white supremacist? Yeah, YDB95 - you keep on repeating that nonsense!

My mind is made up, but that's beside the point. The point is, Trump is the one "forcing transgendered guys into women's restrooms". Since you're as clueless as you are bigoted, you don't even realise what you're saying here: by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is forcing "transgendered guys" - that is, men who were born female - into women's restrooms.

Maybe we should cut dump some slack. After all, I'm certain he would be totally calm, cool, and collected with this guy walking into the female locker room at his local YMCA. ;)

9x-dien-trai-chuyen-gioi-tu-nu-sang-nam-showbizvn-2632017-3.jpg

(FYI memo for dump: THAT is what a trans-male looks like, you doofus!)

YDB95 writes: "He was referring to 1998, when the Republicans did in fact lose seats in the House even though it was Clinton's sixth-year election, which is almost always a bloodbath for the president's party."

FACT: Before Bill Clinton destroyed his party's huge House & Senate majorities in the 1994 mid-terms, the Democrats had controlled one (and usually BOTH) houses of congress for half-a-century! But that long streak ended in November of 1994... and the Republicans KEPT control of both houses in 1996 (while Bill was winning a second-term)... and they ALSO continued to run both the U.S. House & Senate following the 1998 elections (which you seem to view as a Democratic Party victory?)

Since the Dems gained seats in the House and held their own in the Senate, yes. Look at that result compared to other postwar sixth-year elections: 1958, 1966, 1974, 1986, 2006, 2014. Compared to every last one of those, 1998 was most definitely a victory for the Dems.

"And it was Gingrich's dying wife he was referring to. Gingrich asked her for a divorce while she was in the hospital with cancer."

You now seem to be comparing Newt Gingrich with Democratic Party presidential candidate John Kerry's running-mate: JOHN EDWARDS from North Carolina! Edwards almost went to prison for his illegal shenanigans with his mistress after THAT whole sordid episode came to light!

Yes, and you don't see me singing his praises like you are with Gingrich.

"The point is, Trump is the one "forcing transgendered buys into women's restrooms". Since you're as clueless as you are bigoted, you don't even realise what you're saying here: by rolling back transgender rights, Trump is forcing "transgendered guys" - that is, men who were born female - into women's restrooms."

So I'm "as clueless as I am bigoted?" TRANSLATION: Anybody who disagrees with me is a racist, just as anyone doesn't want to see transgendered guys using the girls' locker room at high school must be a hate-filled white supremacist? Yeah, YDB95 - you keep on repeating that nonsense!

The point is, "transgendered guys" ARE men, and it's Trump who is not only allowing, but forcing them to use women's restrooms. It sure as heck wasn't Obama who wanted guys using the girls' locker room, quite the contrary.

YDB95 writes: "Since the Dems gained seats in the House and held their own in the Senate, yes. Look at that result compared to other postwar sixth-year elections: 1958, 1966, 1974, 1986, 2006, 2014. Compared to every last one of those, 1998 was most definitely a victory for the Dems."

Yes, and you also thought that 2018 was a great year for Democrats in the U.S. Senate, despite the Dems losing two seats in that body. As for 1998's mid-terms, the G.O.P. held the House & Senate BEFORE that election, and the G.O.P. CONTINUED to control both the House & Senate AFTER that election!

"Yes, and you don't see me singing his praises like you are with Gingrich."

You know, I suspect that John Kerry's selecting John Edwards to be his running-mate was one of the reasons why Bush was able to defeat him so easily in 2004. Bush added a whopping 11,577,160 popular votes over what'd he won four years earlier, in 2000.

"The point is, "transgendered guys" ARE men..."

And yet they're allowed to compete against women in athletics competitions designed exclusively FOR women! If a guy believes himself to be a girl, but he still possesses the body of a man, then that's what he is! A transgendered guy who has taken a girl's name, but still possesses the strength, speed, & size of a man should NOT be competing in women's sports! That's just absurd!

"The point is, "transgendered guys" ARE men..."

And yet they're allowed to compete against women in athletics competitions designed exclusively FOR women! If a guy believes himself to be a girl, but he still possesses the body of a man, then that's what he is! A transgendered guy who has taken a girl's name, but still possesses the strength, speed, & size of a man should NOT be competing in women's sports! That's just absurd!

Standard dump avoidance-deflection. Much like your plagiarism hobby, you cherry pick what you want to post and ignore everything else when quoting someone. Then you either go off on some goofy rant attempting to claim they agree with you, or the more normal total deflection into something the partially quoted post wasn't addressing at all. :rolleyes:

Now let's look at that quote of YDB in it's full original context, shall we?

The point is, "transgendered guys" ARE men, and it's Trump who is not only allowing, but forcing them to use women's restrooms. It sure as heck wasn't Obama who wanted guys using the girls' locker room, quite the contrary.

Dump, you don't even understand the terminology you are using which pretty much says you don't have any grasp of the subject beyond what you've conjured up in your head. Scroll back up a couple posts to see what a "transgendered guy" looks like. Maybe you could even do something really radical like Google "transgender male" and "transgender female" and have Wikipedia or any of the many other results you'll get explain it to you. While you're there, also do a little self-educating about the effect hormone treatments have on transgendered female athletes. (HINT: They tend to pretty much destroy the presumed testosterone advantage they may have had previously.)

As far as your deflection to "transgendered guys" competing in sports...yes they do. Here is one who is a member of Harvard's swim team. Pretty much defeats your whining though, when he is a member of the MALE team and competes ONLY with other males. But if we go with your "rationale" he should only be permitted to swim with the girls. OOPS!

171004-schuyler-bailer-lgbtq-transgender-swimmer-harvard-se-5232p_dfa440a9a24835c30cdb33670341cfeb.fit-760w.jpg

Now. like I asked above, please tell us how comfortable and fully supportive you would be having him or the guy in my previous post walking into the women's bathroom or female locker room? Be sure to remember that is what you are advocating for. ;)

Last edited:
the MAIN dilemma of America today

I am afraid post #53 (which includes the opening post of this thread) pretty much sums up the dilemma of America today. My thanks go to both posters: an excellent analysis job! And the saddest part about it all: I see no realistic hope for any of these developments to reverse again in the future.

The premise of America has been under attack, at least since Ronald Reagan made it into the White House. The premise summarized by the OP:
"Over two-hundred years ago, Thomas Jefferson told us that an enlightened citizenry is indispensable for the proper functioning of a republic. He told us that self-government would not be possible unless the citizens were educated sufficiently to enable them to exercise oversight."

That was the underlying basis of the unique "American idea", unfortunately never mentioned explicitly in the Constitution. And by now quite possibly that indispensable basis of America has been damaged sufficiently, to make a long-term continuation of Jefferson's dream impossible.

I would go so far as positing that Steve Jobs and his supposed "smart"phone has been furthering the process of dumbification of the (American) public even more. These gadgets have dumbified other parts of the world also, but there the damage is not so great, because the structure of most other societies on earth is not nearly as democratic as in the US of A.

So the true dilemma we have been observing is this: Democracy itself has destroyed Jefferson's idea of democracy, because the BASIS of a functioning democracy has disappeared gradually: an enlightened citizenry and sufficient education.

The real powers "behind the curtain" have been working steadily on eroding this indispensable basis, via "dumbifying" the American public ever more with time. Unfortunately the battle between the GOP and enlightenment is being lost by the wrong side, so it seems. Maybe there still exists a means of stopping this – Congressional elections in 2018 seemed to offer a glimpse of hope – but my skepticism has been increasing from month to month.

JKendallDane writes: "...you cherry pick what you want to post and ignore everything else when quoting someone."

WHO is doing the "cherry-picking" here, Jay Kendall? Biology clearly states that there are two-sexes, but modern political-progressives insist that there are actually quite a few MORE than that! And then they argue that sexes and gender are entirely different concepts because if a guy prefers having sex with potted plants then he's no longer an actual guy (or something along those lines!)

One of the stupidest things that Barack Obama did in his second-term was that ABSURD presidential executive order allowing transgendered guys to use women's bathrooms! Did that REALLY require executive action? Was transgendered bathroom-use really such a SERIOUS concern that it required our president to get personally involved? No matter... it happened... and that dumbass act became a central tenet of Barack's HISTORIC LEGACY!

As for your photo-collection of transgendered guys, WHEN are you going to include a pic of Cece Telfer? In case you don't know who that is, I will give you a brief re-cap from what I learned earlier this year...

Back in 2018, Craig Telfer was a guy on the Franklin Pierce University track & field team. He was a decent athlete, but NOT good enough to win any medals. But then, sometime late that same year, Craig decided that he was actually a WOMAN, and overnight re-emerged as "Cece Telfer," and was quick to join the Franklin Pierce University WOMEN'S track & field team! And, as a woman, the size, strength, & speed of his MALE body proved invaluable, as Cece Telfer went on to defeat all of the FEMALE athletes competing at the NCAA Division II Track & Field Championships in Kingsville, Texas late last May, winning a GOLD MEDAL in the Women's 400-Hurdles! And the liberals all cheered her (his) success, except perhaps for those female athletes who had trained all their lives for that race, but ended up losing to a GUY!

dan_c00000 writes: "Which is why the crusade he led to impeach Clinton turned out so well, right?"

That's an astute observation, Dan!

Everything you said after that was pointless bullshit. So I'm cutting off your various racist, anti-Semitic nonsense.

Standard dump avoidance-deflection. Much like your plagiarism hobby, you cherry pick what you want to post and ignore everything else when quoting someone. Then you either go off on some goofy rant attempting to claim they agree with you, or the more normal total deflection into something the partially quoted post wasn't addressing at all. :rolleyes:

JKendallDane writes: "...you cherry pick what you want to post and ignore everything else when quoting someone."

WHO is doing the "cherry-picking" here, Jay Kendall? (immediately followed by multiple paragraphs of avoidance, deflection, and obfuscation by Dump for everything else in my post)

This would be where Perry Mason turns from the guy sweating on the stand and utters: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I enter into evidence exhibit one." :D

Dumpington said:
One of the stupidest things that Barack Obama did in his second-term was that ABSURD presidential executive order allowing transgendered guys to use women's bathrooms!

That might actually be a passable opinion...well, except for the fact that Obama did no such thing.

Dumpington said:
As for your photo-collection of transgendered guys, WHEN are you going to include a pic of Cece Telfer?

Probably never since Cece Telfer is not a transgender guy.

See, Dump, that is the whole problem with trying to have any kind of rational discussion with you. You aren't satisfied with just moving goalposts...you constantly want to swap out for completely different stadiums! :rolleyes:

My "photo-collection of transgendered guys" was just that: transgender guys but you keep wanting to avoid dealing with what that term actually means.

Now, one more time, a very simple question: Those two photos are of transgender guys. Which bathroom and locker room do you think they should be using?

dan_c00000 writes: "Everything you said after that was pointless bullshit. So I'm cutting off your various racist, anti-Semitic nonsense."

"Racist, anti-Semitic nonsense?" Are you looking into a MIRROR, Dan? I only ask that because you have just now accurately described YOURSELF!

JKendallDane writes: "That might actually be a passable opinion...well, except for the fact that Obama did no such thing."

Barack Obama only WISHES that he never signed that dumbass presidential executive order, Jay-Kendall - it's turned-out to be his lasting historic legacy!

"Probably never since Cece Telfer is not a transgender guy."

Cece Telfer is a GUY who only liberal-progressives would argue is a WOMAN - which is why they allowed him to compete against GIRLS in a college women's championship track & field competition last May! Craig Telfer wasn't good enough to win any medals, but Cece possessed a man's strength, speed, & size! And using a MAN'S BODY allowed Cece Telfer to win a 400-Hurdles WOMEN'S gold medal!

"Which bathroom and locker room do you think they should be using?"

Well, basic biology states that everybody is either a man or a woman. Men use the "Men's Locker-room," with women using the "Women's Locker-room!" But liberal-progressives are SCIENCE-DENIERS who recognize multiple-genders, so I'm quite sure they'll disagree with me on this.

Well, basic biology states that everybody is either a man or a woman. Men use the "Men's Locker-room," with women using the "Women's Locker-room!" But liberal-progressives are SCIENCE-DENIERS who recognize multiple-genders, so I'm quite sure they'll disagree with me on this.

First of all, you still haven't answered JKD's question.

Secondly, "basic biology" states that there are variations even in one's biological sex. XXY and so forth. But science recognises that transsexualism is real: sometimes people are born into the wrong body. So who's the science-denier?

YDB95 writes: "But science recognises that transsexualism is real"

Science recognizes ALL KINDS of mental abnormalities as being real. But recognizing that they exist doesn't mean that scientists suddenly ENDORSE all abhorrent behavior as being natural and/or acceptable.

RubenR adds: "Probably someone who thinks you're a science denier when you don't believe in Creationism"

No, Ruben - that's NOT true. But biology most certainly IS a science, which many modern political-progressives REJECT for teaching that there are only TWO genders! Modern progressives have counted up to thirty-two!

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6jsUd.png - (The thirty-two different genders recognized by modern political-progressives!)

http://www.standunited.org/_media/uploaded/petition/petition_57b46a3497b7f1471441460.jpg - ("The Gender Unicorn" - actually being used to indoctrinate small children!)

THIS is one of the reasons why Trump won in 2016 and why he'll win again next year! The modern left is going over the edge with this bullsh*t!

magicalmoments writes: "I can hear Thomas Jefferson and George Washington spinning in their graves fro here."

It's only a matter of time before politically-progressive liberal Democrats begin demanding that we change the names of the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial to something else (because they both owned slaves!) And then they'll be wanting to change the name of the city of Washington, D.C. to something else, along with the state of Washington. And then they'll come after the dollar-bill. And if you say that's just stupid, they'll label you a RACIST!

You never actually found anyone who wants to rename the Washington monument or take down statues of Jefferson, so you pretend that someone will in the future.

Back