Artifacts from the Labyrinth

I can only hope that the world- wide economy does not bring a end to this fabulous lunacy.

October 7, 2009
The Berlin Reunion
Celebrating the end to the Berlin Wall?
Reunion show featured two massive marionettes, the Big Giant, a deep-sea diver, and his niece, the Little Giantess. The storyline of the performance has the two separated by a wall, thrown up by "land and sea monsters".

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/10/the_berlin_reunion.html
 
You, you, mean there are "other places" on the internet ?
 
U.S. Freestyle Ski Team aerialist Emily Cook hasn't had the best Olympic experiences. After making the 2002 team, she severely broke both her feet while training just two weeks before the opening ceremony, and was forced to watch the Games in a wheelchair.

While there was some serious doubt as to whether she would ever ski again following the injury, Cook made it all the way back to the 2006 Games, but finished in 19th place.

Now, the 30-year-old native of Boston is gearing up for what could be her final Olympic Games, and strongly believes that her previous obstacles have fully prepared her for a medal run in 2010. FanHouse spoke to Cook about overcoming her career-threatening injury and what she needs to do to break the U.S. women's 12-year medal drought.

Vancouver ought to be fun to watch
fanhouse dot com
 
TGR- Stevens Pass: After shooting all over the world for TGR's new movie Re:Session, the crew heads to Stevens Pass Washington for the final shoot of the season. The Stevens Pass park crew built the boys some massive kickers and a few unique jib features. With a stacked crew of athletes, including Tanner Hall, Wiley Miller, Sammy Carlson and Dylan Hood, and an award winning team of cinematographers to boys lock down the final shots they need for "Re:Session." TGR used the cutting edge RED Camera and a helicopter to get some of the most unique shots ever captured
thanks to tetongravity

Red Bull Play Streets: The Play Streets is not your ordinary competition. Red Bull has once again managed to outdo themselves by converting the steep, mountainous town of Bad Gastein, Austria into a slope style course. There are jumps, hips, road and crowd gaps, and even a rail on a house to play on (or wreck yourself on) as the athletes make their way through town. This is no picnic, veer off course and there are some major consequences that await you.
Thank you redbullskiing.
World of Adventure Sports/ Saturday
November 14th
 
Efteling Carousel Steam Engine

The best example of the few still-operating steam-powered carousels is found at the The Efteling Amusement Park in the Netherlands. In the center of the salon is a small chimney to release steam, support the enclosing ceiling, and act as the center pole around which the carousel revolved. As one can imagine, fire was a huge threat to the all-wood steam carousels. From a translated 1946 article from a local newspaper in the Netherlands about a carousel fire:

“The remaining water in the steam engine started boiling as a result of the heat of the fire. Slowly the engine started to puff and puff. The hissing transformed into a howling noise that went to the bone. For several hours the moaning and groaning of the dying engine could be heard. The engine said goodbye in a way that the people present would never forget in their lives….”

thanks to curious expeditions dot org
 
The gift of moose meat.

Crock Pot Moose

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 4 pounds moose roast
* 2 cups apple juice
* 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil. Remove, and transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast, then pour in the apple juice. Cover and cook on MEDIUM for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is very tender. Check occasionally to make sure there is sufficient liquid, and add more juice if necessary. Serve roast with juices, or thicken them for a tasty gravy.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Moose-Roast/Detail.aspx
 
More Steampunk-
Riese is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy web series which debuted November 2, 2009.[1] The series is about a traveller named Riese, a seemingly random wanderer, who flees across the dying lands of Eleysia with her wolf, Fenrir. Hunted by a terrifying religious group, The Sect, Riese must evade the assassins that have been sent to kill her and discover their true objective.

Riese's past is shrouded in mystery, as even she cannot recall the events of the night when her entire family was slaughtered and she was forced to flee. On her journey, she’ll piece together her past and her destiny, in a struggle that will hold the fate of the world in the balance - and the once peaceful kingdom of Eleysia will be the battlefield. Despite the impending doom, Riese emerges as the sole beacon of hope.[2].

from wiki

And yet, despite the impending doom, a single beacon of light shines in Riese. A mysterious wanderer, she travels with her wolf Fenrir across this barren land. Branded as heretics by The Sect, Riese and Fenrir will pause to aid those in need as they travel, but they must evade capture at all costs. As she flees, shell piece together her past and her destiny, in a conflict that will hold the fate of this world in the balance and the once peaceful kingdom of Eleysia will be the battlefield.

fragment from youtube
 
The Zany Adventures of Robin Hood (1984) is a parody film of the story of Robin Hood, less well known than Mel Brooks's Robin Hood: Men in Tights.


The Zany Adventures Of Robin Hood 1984 vhs movie trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izw4BErlDGs

# George Segal as Robin Hood
# Morgan Fairchild as Lady Marian
# Roddy McDowall as Prince John
# Janet Suzman as Eleanor of Aquitaine
# Kenneth Griffith as Isaac of York
# Melvyn Hayes as Father Luther
# Michael Hordern as Rupert
# Tom Baker as Sir Guy of Gisbourne
# Neil Hallett as the Sheriff of Nottingham
# Robert Hardy as King Richard
# Roy Kinnear as Friar Tuck
# Robin Nedwell as Will Scarlet
# Pat Roach as Little John
# Aubrey Morris as Archbishop
# Bruce Purchase as Moishe
 
100 Year Celebration

PROVINCETOWN - On Nov. 21, 1621, the Pilgrims steered too far north on their course towards the Hudson River and sailed the Mayflower into Provincetown Harbor. Anchored safely, they spent several weeks exploring the shores of the Outer Cape.

The first English baby born in the New World, Peregrine White, was born on the ship in the harbor. And, of course, it was here that the Pilgrims signed The Mayflower Compact.

A couple of centuries later, in 1910, the Pilgrim Monument was erected and dedicated to celebrating the fact that the Pilgrims first landed in Provincetown, not in Plymouth as is popularly believed.

2010 is fast approaching, which means the Pilgrim Monument is having the big double zero birthday and the town is going into high gear to prepare for it. The slogan for the event? “It all started here.”

A year rounder's town. A summer person's town. A tourist's town.
A town that represents America. The working class, the middle class,
the rich and a few ultra rich. The conventional, the unconventional,
and the very unconventional.
 
Back
Top