The Crusade

Willow

Paul's words before they ate made Willow look at him sheepishly for a moment. She had never really followed any organised religion or belief system, but the moment was gone when he winked at her and tucked into his food.

To say that their meal was delicious was a gross understatement. Even though her lips and tongue were as hot as molten lava by the time she finished, eating what Harish had so artfully provided had been a gastronomic delight. When Paul began to clear away the dishes she went to get to her feet to help with the washing up, but saw him walk back over.

He gently lifted her loose hair from the back of her neck and nibbled at her skin from one side of her neck to the other. The feeling of his lips and teeth on her skin, again, made her veins boil hotter than the spicy food she had just consumed.

"Mmmmm... one of the better ways of ending a meal. Shall we retire to the sofa and look like we're watching something while we make out and have naughty fun?"

Willow turned around, careful not hurt him as she did so, and then pressed her lips against his. Her hands wound around his neck and pulled him closer to her, her legs parting slightly on the stool so that she could press more of herself against him. Her world tilted on its axis and she had to pull away from him to catch her breath.

"We can pretend that we're watching something if you like, but I'm more interested in the naughty fun." Willow asked, gripping his hand in her own and jumping off the stool. She led him over to the lounge and fell back on it with a grin on her face.

She didn't know what it was about Paul, but there was something that made her want to stay in his company for as long as possible. And there was also something that made her want to have him spend time in her as much as possible. She was just about to grab his shirt to pull him closer again when an alarming thought flashed through her mind.

"Shit!" She sat bolt upright. "What time is it? I have work tomorrow!"

Paul was surprised to find Willow turning around and ambushing him with a kiss that threatened to melt some articles of his clothing. As one who was always willing to put his clothing on the line, he stayed with the kiss for as long as he possibly could before coming up for much needed air. He felt like a teenage boy with the girl of his dreams, and they were moments away from having sex. He chuckled internally, thinking the teenage boy part was the only thing not correct or feasible.

"We can pretend that we're watching something if you like, but I'm more interested in the naughty fun."

Willow took his hand, and he put up a useless and melodramatic struggle to stop her from dragging him off. He was momentarily worried that Ferret might get the wrong kind of up close and personal encounter with Willow, but he had moved himself from where he had laid almost comatose. But with the sofa safe from small mammalians, Paul relaxed himself and let Willow decide what was going on. Her hands grabbed his shirt when she stopped, an alarmed expression on her face.

"Shit! What time is it? I have work tomorrow!"

Paul didn't need any special awareness, arcane gifts or mystic knowledge to know what was happening as Willow sat up. There was a slight bulge in the clothing just above Willow's fully covered cleavage. Mysteriously, buttons undid themselves until the small masked face was able to see out from his favoured environment.

"Time for all good girls to go home, that's what the time is. Seriously, if you go now, you'll get home early enough to give that cat of yours a good feed, as well as yourself getting a good kip." He wiggled himself down a little further in the warm valley, making contented noises as he did. "Yeah, Paul," his deep voice echoing slightly, "this one is definitely a keeper."

Willow

"EEP!" Willow trilled as she felt the soft warm fur of Ferret nuzzle between her breasts and her buttons pop open. She brought her hands up to push him away instinctively, wondering how on earth he managed to weasel his way into her top without her knowing.

"Fuck." Paul swore softly. He kicked himself for forgetting his little offsider's favourite spots to curl up for a nap, or to just turn up unannounced. Normally he had the chance to warn any women staying with him about that, but the little rascal got the drop on him.

Without pausing, and with little outward signs of shame, Paul stuck his hand into Willows cleavage, his fingers brush the inner sides of her breast as he caught Ferret before he could leave.

"OI! No fair! I was nice and comfy in there!"

"You know the rules, Ferret."

"You kidding me? Fuck the rules on this count, Paul. Have you had a close look in there? Those are the best tits yet."

"I know they're pretty damn good, but I can explore those without you scouting ahead for me."

"Who say I was doing anything in there for you? There is a place i could sleep all day and no one would know!"

"Willow would."

"Wha?!? You know what I mean."

"Maybe she would want you in there. Have you asked?"

"What woman doesn't like something long and thick between her tits?"

"There's a time and a place for that."

"I know, and you wrecked it for me. Bastard."

"Ferret, I am formally reminding you of the Rules."

A pair of dark eyes rolled skyward. "Fine. OK. Be that way about it. But those bloody things cut both ways, you know. Remember that." He swiveled around in Paul's hand so he could look at Willow. "If you ever want some discreet, personal company, call me. 'Ferret, come and rest.' That is the best, I mean the best -"

"Thanks, Ferret. Go somewhere else for a while." Paul dropped him to floor, and Ferret bounded off as soon as his feet touched it.

"He's right. I do think you need to go home. This was not planned, and I don't want to disrupt your routine too much. But, any other time, you're more than welcome to stay the night."

"Yee Fucking Hah."

Paul shook his head, a slightly shamed smile on his face. He stood up, extending a hand to help Willow up from the sofa.

Willow

Willow had no luck dislodging the fur ball, but thankfully Paul stuck his hand down her top and managed to put him out. It was the first time Willow could think of where she was more than happy to have someone stick their hand down her top out of the blue.

As Paul and Ferret argued Willow wasn't sure whether to be pleased or embarrassed. Even though Ferret had slipped into her top unannounced and without permission, she was flattered that both Paul and Ferret had praised her assets so openly. Willow laughed as Ferret offered to keep her company and then scampered off.

When Paul's blue eyes found hers again Willow was disappointed that the mood had been well and truly broken. Despite the fact that she had to go to work in the morning she would much rather have spent the whole evening with Paul working his sensual magic on her. That said, it had already been a long night and Willow thought that perhaps she needed sleep a little more than another orgasm.

Willow reached out and put her hand on Paul's chest, then pressed her lips softly against his. When she pulled away she smiled at him.

"When do you think I can see you again?" Willow asked.

Last edited:
Once Willow was on her feet, one of her hands came to rest against his chest. He delighted in the feel of it, even through a layer of clothing. But it paled into nothingness compare to the kiss she gave him. Even short and sweet, it was still wonderful and something not to be missed. Plus, he was sure that his smile mirrored hers.

"When do you think I can see you again?"

"Any damn time you want." His grin threatened cut his head in half. "I'm here most times, and ask any of the bar staff if you can't find me. Trust me, I'll know when you turn up, and I will make myself known."

Paul took Willow's hand in his, and slowly led her out of his home, back into the innards of the Succubus. He said little to her as he led her down the stairs to the ground floor of the club. He led her out into the dance floor level, wending their way through the patrons as they went to the front door.

Once outside, the sounds of the music faded to nothing, and the cooler air washed over them both. he walked with her until they reached her car. He spun her, pinning her to the side. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a deep, passionate kiss.

"You look after yourself, and drop by whenever you like. You're always welcome. Don't worry, we don't have to have sex whenever you come over..."

Paul gave her a quick peek on the lips and tried to disentangle himself from Willow so she could go home.

Willow

It relieved Willow when Paul told her that she was free to visit him when she felt like it. She had been a little reluctant to ask him, as she hadn't wanted to seem too needy, but his response was just what she needed.

The walk back through the club was a surreal blur after the events of the evening. When she had walked in the front door hours earlier she had no way of knowing where her decision would lead her. Now, though, she felt as though an entire life time had passed. Knowing what she knew, and feeling what she had felt with Paul, she wasn't sure just how she could return to her normal life.

Out in the cool night air, the far off sounds of the city and the club were nothing more than a buzz in the back of her mind. The fresh air seemed to wake her a little, and she tried to remind herself that things would go back to normal tomorrow morning.

Just before they reached her car Paul spun her around and pinned her to the side of the vehicle with his body. His arms encircled her as his lips crashed against her own, and she fell completely and utterly into the kiss. When he pulled away his words inflamed the warmth that his kiss had begun to spread.

"You look after yourself, and drop by whenever you like. You're always welcome. Don't worry, we don't have to have sex whenever you come over..."

"What if I want to?" She asked him, with a suggestive half smile as he pulled his body back from her.

Willow tried to think of something to say to convey how she felt at that moment, but her brain was still racing with all of the new and mind-blowing information. It wasn't easy, though, and she decided to rifle through her bag to find her keys to fill in the silence. When she found them she looked back up at him and smiled.

"Until next time, I guess?" She said with a meek shrug, wishing that she could find something more clever or memorable to say. She got to her toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek before unlocking the car door, getting in, and driving off into the night.

~*~

The next day was long and tiresome. Willow had been tempted to think that the whole experience had been a dream, but the small reminder of Paul's affection on her shoulder (coupled with the extraordinary sensory memory of his his lips and teeth felt upon her skin) told her that it actually happened.

"Hey Willow. We're going out to the bar to celebrate the service's five year anniversary. You have to come!" One of her colleagues said as Willow went to gather her belongings after finishing time.

Willow really didn't want to go, but her colleagues swept her up and dragged her along to the function before she had a chance to come up with a good excuse to get out of it. Her entire day had been filled with call after call from people she knew desperately wanted support, but she could offer them nothing more than the comfort of her voice. She wanted to do more for them, to be more for them, but she just didn't know how. It made her think of Paul, it made her think of the way that he had brought such vibrancy into her grey monochrome existence.

By the time that Willow managed to pull herself away from her colleagues she was feeling slightly happier. She knew that she should try to enjoy their company more, but everything they chatted and joked about seemed dull compared to what Paul had revealed to her the previous evening. She went home, had a quick shower, and slipped into bed. As she drifted off to sleep, Willow tried to avoid thinking about where she'd rather be and focused on the fact that she had one more work day to get through before she had her two days off.

~*~

A day always seemed to go by slower when you were eagerly awaiting its end. Willow had decided that she would go to the Succubus after work. As she went about her normal life she found it harder and harder to believe that her time at the club was real. She wanted to go back there. No, she needed to go back. She longed to fell like Alice again, to be sucked down the rabbit hole and into a place where anything was possible.

Willow's last call finished up fifteen minutes before she was due to sign out for the day. She looked at her watch eagerly and counted down the time to the end of her shift. Her eyes shifted between the time and the phone, knowing that if it rung she would be back late, but that if she left early she would never forgive herself.

Five minutes before she was due to leave Willow was feeling optimistic that she would be out on time for once, but then the high pitched trilling of her phone made her groan loudly. She reached over to pick it up, but Geoff placed his hand over hers and shook his head.

"You go, I'll take this." He said, his other hand coming to rest on her shoulder.

"You sure?" Willow asked, looking at the time and then at Geoff.

"Yes. You look tired. You get out of here and enjoy your time off. Try and get some rest, okay?" He said. Willow was about to argue, but Paul's instructions to look after herself floated through her mind. Geoff was an excellent counsellor, and she knew that whoever was on the other end of the phone would probably benefit from his experience more than her own.

"Thank you." She said, sliding out of her seat and passing her headset to Geoff. She slid her bag over her shoulder before escaping the office.

Willow drove home and had a shower in record time. However, all of her eagerness and the time bonus it had earned was lost as she looked into her wardrobe. There was nothing there that she wanted to wear. Her two previous visits to the Succubus had been right after work, and she had been wearing her smart but boring office wear. She had hoped to wear something a little nicer tonight, but anything that wasn't drab and officey didn't interest her.

With a reluctant sigh Willow pulled a black dress that she'd worn to her cousin's wedding and threw it onto the bed. She had considered wearing something bright, because Paul seemed to like bright colours, but all of her coloured clothes looked a little worse for wear than she had anticipated. It had been a long time since she had gotten dressed up nicely to go out, and it seemed that she lacked the appropriate clothing for the occasion.

As Willow dressed she realised that, despite not being bright like she wanted to be, at least her dress would blend into the typical attire of the Succubus. It was chic enough to fit into the style of the upper levels, and black enough to go unnoticed in the lower ones. After pulling the dress on she slipped her feet into a plain pair of black satin pumps, said a quick goodbye to the cat, and left without looking into the mirror.

Whilst driving to the club Willow felt butterflies begin to float around in her stomach. The thought of seeing Paul again made her happy, nervous and curious, and it made her wonder just what her night would hold. As walked from the car park to the club she took several deep breaths and tried to centre herself. In the fading evening light it was easy to slip back into the mind frame she had been in when she had left Paul, and when she pushed open the door her nervousness was replaced by eager anticipation.

Paul stood, watching Willow's car disappear into the darkness. He was happy to see her go and sad too. Happy, because he knew she needed the time away form him so she could assess what was right for her. He wanted her to return to him because deep in her heart that was what she wanted, rather than have his wishes overwhelm hers. But of course, he was sad to see her leave, as he wanted nothing more than to enjoy her company in the many and varied ways that were possible with her.

He wandered back to his place. The owner of the Succubus was generous letting him stay there, but he did work for his keep, in a way, so it was all fine and good for both parties. Paul settled down in his sanctum, letting the vibe of the room seep into his body and soul, along with the added extras of his recent unions with Willow. The room still carried the linger aromas of her; her hair, her skin, her sweat and her arousal. Paul found his special carved box, removing one of his premade joints, rolling it gently in his fingers. The gentle pressure released some of the leaf's fragrance, bringing a smile to his face.

Quickly lit, Paul was soon allowing the narcotic effects to kick in, and going where the flow took him. He laided back on a pile of cushions, blowing smoke rings.

"You're going to keep this one, right?"

"Yes, Ferret, I am going to try and have her stay with me."

"She's special, you know."

Paul's smile as almost angelic. "Oh yeah, man. She's special alright."

"Oh, stop thinking with your dick for once, Paul Forbes. You know what I mean."

Paul's head rolled to one side, the grin succumbing to gravity a little. "I know what you meant, you fucking tube rat. I was agreeing with you. Anyway, you're the one that commented on her fabulous tits, man."

"Well... yeah, she's got a great rack. Comfy as hell too. Who wouldn't want to stay buried between them?"

"Hmmm." Paul nodded, smiling as his memories brought back various images of Willow's delicious chest. She's close and she not, man. If she had 'em, I'd say something was taking a good hard hold of her balls. Whatever it is needs to let go, you know?"

"Hmmm... you've got a point there, dick brain." Ferret bounded over and up onto Paul's chest. "You really like her, don't you? I've never seen you rut one like you did her. She seemed pretty keen too. Probably the best one you've done, right?"

Joint in one hand, Ferret jaw in the other, Paul pulled the little critter closer to his bleary eyes. "I know who you were with before me. I know he enjoyed his companions for the great fucking sex he had with them. But that was it, just sex. I don't just bone 'em, man. I love them. You may not fucking believe me, ya living tampon, but that's the truth. Anyway, a gentlemen doesn't fuck the brains out of a gorgeous piece of arse like Willow and blabber about it to the first Ferret that asks."

"I'm no just any Ferret, mate. Come on, she was the best, wasn't she. Even better than that little red head Cheryl?"

"Ohhh, no, man. You're not catching me out that way. I ain't gonna tell you that Willow was a damn fine head, shoulders and hips above Cheryl. Willow is in tune with her body, man. A natural at knowing herself, even if she doesn't believe it. When she does believe herself, and knows her true self... the Tapestry had better make sure it's firmly on the loom."

Ferret shook his head, still not believing how easily it was to get Paul to spill his guts about his female friends. He marveled at the human desire to rut so frequently, and gain some measure of pleasure from it. He knew there was a time when he needed to rut with females, which he excused himself from Paul's company when that time was one him. But outside of that time, he never really had a care to do it.

"Oh, Willow will be back the night after tomorrow. She's going to look hot too." Paul's expression dropped. "Awww, fuck. Chang's going to show."

"That prick's coming here? Right, I promised that bastard if he ever set foot in here, I would be right up his trouser leg and - "

"No. Not this time. He's," Paul frowned, leaning his head forward and squinting, "he's coming with news. Fucked if I know what it is, but we've got to hear him out."

"Well, I'm either in the front row seat, warm comfort, or I'm carrying out my promise. You'd better warn Willow, because I'm not missing this meeting, no Sir."

Paul just puffed away on his joint, opening himself to the Universe and all the wonders it held.

~||~​

Paul lounged against the wall just inside the main doors, watching the people slowly file their way into the club. Again, the regulars saw him and either waved or just ignored him depending on their preferences. He didn't care either way. He was interesting in one person, who was at that point seventy-three seconds away from opening the doors and walking through. He was grinning in anticipation of seeing her in her dress, with his eyes at the proper place and time. At twenty seconds to go, he moved from the wall, over to the side of the door, getting himself in position with five seconds to spare. Running his hands down his shirt, his arm was in motion as Willow came through the door, neatly catching it as he fell into stride beside her.

"Hello, Gorgeous." He placed a loud kiss on her cheek. "Let's go sit for a little bit before we have private time. Please, don't complain when Ferret drops in a little later. Well, save the complaints for the right time. I know I'm wanting you to take a lot on faith, but please, trust me on this."

He led her to the closest booth, helping her to sit down, then sliding in beside her. He took his time to look her over in the dress, not hiding for a moment the opinion he had of it, or her, as he looked.

"Man, this looks even better in the real, than it did in the preview. Gods, Willow, you are so fucking hot I could do you right here and now."

A low, deep voice echoed a bit from the depths of Willow's cleavage. "Not while I'm here, you're fucking well not. These glorious tits are mine for a little while thanks, which means you can back off for a while, and put some brakes on that dick of yours." A tiny, furry head popped up over the neckline. "Hey, spunky. Welcome back. Did I tell you you've got great breasts? Because you have. Fucking wonderful ones. Excuse me." The head vanished back into the cleavage.

"I guess it's nice to know he likes you." Paul grinned. "How have you been?"

Willow

"Hello, Gorgeous." Paul's voice right beside her and the subsuquent kiss startled Willow. She hadn't even noticed he was there, right beside her. Before she had time to get a good look at him or even return the greeting he whisked her away, telling her not to worry when Ferret dropped in later. As he continued talking it seemed as though he was in a bit of a rush to speak to her, and when she slid into the booth she finally had a chance to register what was happening.

As his eyes raked over her form she blushed slightly, pleased to see that he seemed to like what she was wearing. His complement only made her cheeks redden further. She was just about to ask what he had meant by the preview before another familiar voice piped up from somewhere far too close for comfort.

"Hey, spunky. Welcome back. Did I tell you you've got great breasts? Because you have. Fucking wonderful ones. Excuse me." Willow was about to express her surprise to the furry little bugger when he disappeared back down her top. Before she could say anything Paul began to talk again.

"I guess it's nice to know he likes you. How have you been?"

Willow looked around and waited for a moment before speaking, not sure if this moment was going to disappear quickly like the others did.

"Uh, good." Willow replied, smiling at Paul. Her fingers went to the neckline of her top and pulled it out slightly so she could peer down into her fur-filled cleavage. "You all right down there buddy?" Willow asked raising an eyebrow. "Do you ever think to ask before you bra-bomb your poor unsuspecting victims?"

Before Ferret had spoken she hadn't even felt him. It was unnerving that the critter could get so damn close to her body without her even knowing. However, she had been so distracted by Paul whisking her into the club that she hadn't really had time to notice anything. Now that she knew he was there though, she could feel the warmth of his body and the softness of his fur between her breasts. It wasn't unpleasant, if truth were to be told, just slightly creepy. Well, Willow thought to herself, at least he appreciates where he is.

Paul liked how Willow blushed as he admired her in her noir dress. It was nice to know he had that effect on her, as she was definitely a beautiful woman who he was attracted to quite strongly. The fact that she found herself to desire his positive feedback, and enjoy it so well, was a delicious boost to his ego.

He was a touch confused as he watched Willow look a little before turning her attention back to him.

"Uh, good."

Paul smiled and nodded, the looked on in suppressed humour as Willow did what nearly every other 'titty terrorist' sufferer did after the initial raid; delicately opening the neckline to address the temporary resident of the cleavage.

"You all right down there buddy? Do you ever think to ask before you bra-bomb your poor unsuspecting victims?"

"Nope." the deep voice echoed from Willow's chest. "Why ask when the answer is always the same. Plus, I know the ladies just love this." He wrapped himself into an anatomy defying ball and tumbled between Willow's breasts, letting his soft fur rub her smooth skin. "Seriously, spunky, you need to find yourself a similar pair on someone else and bury yourself in them. If you need pointers, just ask Paul. He's enjoyed more than his fair share of face plants in magnificent breasts."

Paul groaned, not for the first time he fantasized about wringing a rather small neck. For all the benefits he gained from the agreement between them, there were moments when he really stopped and wondered if he had made the right choice. Luckily for them both, those moments were just that, moments. Paul knew that despite some annoying habits of his furry sidekick, the agreement struck between them was extremely beneficial to him.

"It' good to see you again, Willow." Paul leaned over, giving her a tender kiss on the cheek. The kiss was a long one, mainly because he took a breath in, filling himself with the fragrance that was Willow. She smelled so nice to him, tempting him to kiss her more, with some licking and nibbling too. Those could happen later, when he'd have a wider range of places on her to lick, nip, suck and touch. He pulled back, letting himself enjoy the fantasy his mind conjured up.

"I guess there is a lot that you'd like to ask and know a bit more about, huh? I thought it would be safer for us to talk here than upstairs. I'm not sure about you, but if I was to get you alone..." His look spoke whole volumes, mostly from the Karma Sutra, Joy of Sex (all volumes) and quite a few hard core porn magazines. "At least here, we can talk without too many interruptions. Tube rats excluded of course.

"What would you like to know, Willow?"

Willow

The feeling of Ferret's fur rubbing between her breasts tickled slightly, and she had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing. His suggestion that she find herself a pair of breasts to snuggle into, and the reference (once again) to Paul's sexual habits made her roll her eyes. When Paul kissed her on the cheek she decided to ignore the fur ball, after all you aren't supposed to encourage the class clown. Instead, she wished that she and Paul were alone enough to explore the distractions he mentioned, but he was right. They needed to talk. There was still so much she wanted to know.

"Questions?" Willow laughed, "You're right. I have plenty." Willow stopped for a moment and tried to pick one of the many questions running through her mind. There were so many whizzing around that it was hard to pick one. They were all just as pressing as the others, and there were so many. Instead of wasting more time Willow decided to focus on her most recent concern.

"You mentioned a preview before. What were you talking about?"

"Questions? You're right. I have plenty."

Her laugh was natural, and sounded just right. It was a sound that was meant to be heard often, and enjoyed whenever it caressed his ears. But when it finally dimmed to silence, he simply waited for her to choose which question from the huge stack she possessed.

"You mentioned a preview before. What were you talking about?"

The deep voice echoed from Willow's dress. "Oh, this is going to be fun to listen to."

Again, Paul rolled his eyes and look straight at Willow. He wet his lips, frowning slightly, then swallowed loud.

"See, I told you it would be good." Ferret chuckled, jiggling Willow's breasts slightly, as well as rubbing them slightly and softly.

"To put it simply, Willow, while I was up stairs in the room where we really got to know each other, I used some of my... hmmm... arcane talents to look into the future and see when and where the most likely place and time of our meeting would be. It showed me the front door of the Succubus, while you were wearing this dress. A very nice choice, I might add."

"Agreed. It really helps the bra shape her tits magnificently. I could almost live here, you know. Hey, whatever you use to wash yourself with, please keep using it. I'm not sure what effect it has on Paul, but it's real boner material if you ask me."

"You know, Willow, if there is ever a time you don't want him... hiding in your cleavage, you can ask him to leave. It surprised the hell out of me the first time he was asked to shove off, and he did without argument. If he is explicitly given any restrictions, he will abide by them."

"Damn fucking straight! Nothing worse that having a pissed off female wanting to turn me into a fashion accessory. I want to be able to enjoy the marvels of the female human body shape, and not get pulled, stretched, choked and throwing about in ways that I am not prepared for. So, if she doesn't like it, then there is fuck all chance of getting anything close to fun from it."

"Anyway, as I was saying before he so rudely interrupted, I have been shown the truth about Time, and how to use it most effectively. It's a bit hard to describe it accurately to someone who hasn't been given the fundamentals. And this really isn't the place or time for such long winded technical discussions. But, the crux of it, I can peer into the future, and get a rough idea of what's going to happen. The further into the future I go, the less I can make out. Looking into the past is a whole lot easier. That's only a small part of my bag of tricks though."

"You know something, Paul," Ferret's head slipped up enough to be seen, "that was the best description you've given in a long time. That's the kind of answers you politicians give. What's said has to do with the topic, everything said is correct, but the answer is close to fucking useless."

Paul reached over, placing his forefinger on Ferret's snout, gently pushing him back down. "Get back in there and enjoy what time you have. Also, shut the fuck up, ya titty terrorist." Ferret laughed as he sank back down in the dark, warm confines of Willow's chest.

"Well, anything else you'd like to know at this point?"

Willow

Now that Willow was back in the throbbing darkness of the Succubus she was very able to believe Paul's explanation. She was even willing to allow Ferret to remain where he was. Besides his dirty (but somewhat complimetnary) comments, he was actually quite warm and soft. Instead of troubling herself with the details and intricacies of what must lay behind what he had just described, she decided to continue with the questions.

There were so many things she wanted to ask him, and her last question had only raised more. Willow was considering changing track, but since he was already talking about one topic she decided to stick with it. At the very least it saved her from the hassle of trying to determine which out the hundreds of questions deserved to go next.

"So did you know we were going to meet the first time, then?" She asked curiously.

"So did you know we were going to meet the first time, then?"

Willow packed enough curiosity into that one question to outdo a cat show. He relaxed a little, easing back into the chair. He slowly shook his head.

"No. I had no real idea you were there, until I had need of someone to wager so I could save a young woman from being murdered. You were close and handy, which is why I chose you. But I am now getting an idea that there was more at play getting us together. I'm not one to argue over how a gift arrives when it does."

"Excuse me. May I have a seat?"

Paul's smile vanished as he turned to face an Asian man dressed in a black suit and tie, white shirt and a pair of dark glasses he was removing from his face.

"I would normally say 'No', but I have a nagging feeling that you wouldn't listen anyway. So sit."

"Thank you, Mister Forbes. My apologies for disturbing you while with company, but this is a matter that you find significant."

Paul cocked an eyebrow and the Asian man nodded. "Well then, Agent Cho, why the fuck don't you and your goons deal with it? Oh, your people don't want to get their hands dirty actually doing something helpful?"

"Paul..." Even this got Ferret's head popping out of Willow's cleavage. Paul looked at the other man as if he had turned into Santa Claus. "Paul, I have discovered some people who are doing... Well, I brought it to my superior's attention, and he dismissed it as not worthy of our limit time or resources."

Agent Cho reached into his jacket, and pulled out and envelope and slid it across the table. "I used some of our so called 'limited resources' to gather what intel I could on them. All I have discovered is in there. If you can deal with them, I can ensure that you get no repercussions from my side."

Ferret jumped out of Willow's dress and made a dash for Agent Cho. Paul grabbed Ferret when he was half way across the table.

"Let go of me, fuck ya. I always wanted to see if I could throat a human and now I have my fucking chance. Let me go ya prick!"

"If we were somewhere more private, I'd let you. But not here."

"NOT HERE!?! Bullshit! If I want to kill someone -"

"Do it somewhere private."

"Fine. Humans and your piss weak rules. I wont kill the fucker in here. But I'll be watching for you, Cho. You're arse is fucking grass fertilizer when I catch you next time." Ferret paused over the envelope, urinating on it noisily before retreating to the warmth that was Willow's cleavage.

Paul looked at the yellow pool covering the envelope. "I couldn't have put it any better myself. I'm not going to take the bait just so you can get another gold star on your next performance report."

Cho slammed his hand down flat on the wet envelope. "Fine then. Don't lift a fucking finger when you know damn well you can deal with this. I can't. Just being here is a huge risk for me. I risk being sanctioned just for being here, let alone bringing what is in here. If I could deal with it myself, I would. But I can't, nor can I move my confederates to do anything either." He took a few deep breaths.

"I've done all I can do, my conscious is clear. It's now up to you." Cho turned to face Willow. "My apologies, Ma'am."

Deep from within Willow's cleavage, "Fuck off, Drone, before I tear your fucking wings off and shove them up your -"

"Can it, tube rat!"

Cho removed himself before Paul could say another word, almost vanishing into the darkened room.

"I dunno, maybe I should have let the tube rat go him after all."

Last edited:
Willow

Willow wasn't sure what she had expected Paul to say, but his answer sat comfortably with her nonetheless. Would she have been miffed if she thought that their meeting had been preordained and thus out of her control? Or would it have been more reassuring to know that they were supposed to meet? Either way, she was glad that she had met Paul. She had to agree with Paul about the gift, sometimes it was best to just accept what was happening and focus on the future rather than the past. Willow was just about to ask another question when an Asian man dressed in a smart black suit and dark glasses interrupted them.

"Excuse me. May I have a seat?"

Willow got the distinct impression that Paul was not terribly pleased about having to suffer this man's presence. However lacklustre Paul's response seemed, it paled in comparison to the pure venom that Ferret showed. Willow has to stop herself from gasping at the tickle of Ferret's fur as he slid out from between her breasts. Despite her resolve to remain calm in the midst of this unexpected storm, Willow couldn't hold back her gasp when Cho slammed his hand down on the urine soaked envelope, sending droplets of Ferret's fluid flying.

The agent got up and left almost as suddenly as he left, offering her an apology as he did so as though he only just remembered her presence.

Before Cho had arrived, Willow had planned on asking Paul a couple of questions that continued on from her original line of inquiry. All of those first questions fled from her mind, another one overshadowing them all with unexpected urgency.

"What the hell?"

Willow knew it was none of her business, but she couldn't help but ask.

Paul ignored the urine on the envelope and in the table as his fingers touched Cho's missive. He stared at where the man had been sitting, praying to all the Gods he knew would listen that it was something else in the envelope that what he thought. Slow, almost fumbling fingers broke the seal, and with the same painful slowness continued to open it.

Paul reached in and pulled out the top item. It was a sheet of paper, folded so the image would not be clearly seen. But Paul knew at once what the photo was. He closed his eyes as tears rolled down his cheeks. He wasn't going to look, to see the exact nature of the cruelty inflicted on one too young to know of such ways. He couldn't bring himself to see the greatest gift turned into such a horrible act.

Ferret's head eased up into view, looking at Paul with worry washing off his small, elongated body. "Fuck. Now I hate that prick even more."

"It's not his fault."

"The hell it is! How can I throat the prick when he gives us leads like that? Maybe I can get away with biting off one of his balls?"

"No." Paul pulled out a sheaf of unfolded A4 pages from the standard sized envelope. In the midst were several images showing children between the ages of 4 and 7; each with their name and relevant details printed below. There were several pages of intelligence reports concerning suspected perpetrators. Paul's hands shook as he looked at all the images and read the reports and telephone transcripts. His face colour flickered between red and white.

"Time to do battle?"

Paul looked at Willow, his traumatized eyes seeking out hers. "Yes, time for battle. We need to go upstairs. Now."

Willow

The mood seemed to change dramatically after Willow's question slipped from her mouth. She watched as Paul fumbled with the envelope and took some paper out. The first one that he took was folded, but as his fingers rested on it and he closed his eyes Willow could feel his pain washing over her in undulating waves. The fact that Paul didn't even need to unfold the paper to have that reaction was incredible.

When Willow saw a tear roll down Paul's cheek her heart skipped a bit. Even Ferret seemed to tone his anger down a little, if only out of respect for Paul's emotions. At first Willow thought that they might ignore whatever was in the envelope, as neither Paul nor Ferret seemed to harbour any love for the agent that had delivered it. Now Willow knew differently; whatever had moved Paul to that extent would not be forgotten.

A range of emotions seemed to boil over Paul as he continued to look through the contents of the envelope. In the flashing strobe lights of the dance club she couldn't even see through the paper to get an idea of what was on it. Not that it was her business really. Willow had to admit that she had grown fond of Paul since meeting him, and she wondered what it was that could take such a toll on this bubbly man.

"Time to do battle?" Ferret's sombre words made her stomach fill with butterflies. Even though she had no idea what he was talking about, the thought of Paul following up on whatever it was that he was handed made Willow nervous for him.

"Yes, time for battle. We need to go upstairs. Now."

This time he was speaking to Willow. As the lights of the club flashed red, green and yellow, the pain in his blue eyes stood out brighter than any strobe ever could. Willow slipped out of the booth they were sitting in and gave Paul a slight nod.

"Upstairs." She confirmed, reaching out her hand to him, letting him know that she would follow him.

Paul grabbed the envelope, and shoved all the papers back inside. He stood up, taking Willow's hand and held it softly. He didn't say a word as he led her back up to his place, stopping when they got into the room where they first had sex together. He grabbed a cushion and sat down, folding his legs into the classic yoga pose, then closed his eyes.

Ferret popped up, looked at Paul first, then at Willow.

"Yep, this is going to be bad. Willow, whatever you do, please don't interfere. I know you will want to, believe me, I know. But he will be fine."

Paul had centred himself, divesting his thoughts of everything outside of him, focusing entirely on his body. His hands rested palm up on his knees as his breathing slowed and got deeper. He pulled the arcane energies floating around him into his body, focusing them on his index fingers' nails. The grew longer, thicker and narrowed into sharp points four inches away from the tips of his actual fingers.

"Oh crap. Willow, I strongly advise not watching this. Seriously, turn your eyes away." Ferret leapt up from his spot, diving down into her cleavage and vanished from the depths.

Paul raised his hands, putting the tips of the newly created talons to the middle of the balls of his feet. With incredible ease, the talon sank into his flesh, a large bead of bright red forming around it. He dragged the nail through the skin on the arch of his foot, leaving a deep, glistening valley in its wake. The soft sound of tearing flesh filled the quiet of the room. There was the barest flinch as he registered the pain that swept over him. He focused on the feelings of the pain from the damage he had done, to the feeling of the flesh tearing from his efforts and included how the exposed flesh felt when the outside air caressed it.

His shirt was deftly sliced apart, falling in a tattered pool of rainbow colours. The blood stained talons started carving intricate patterns in his torso. The blood pooled and beaded along the wounds, but it didn't run freely down his body. The patterns melded together to form a what would have been a beautiful design if it were not carved upon his body.

The pain sharpened with every new cut that carved his skin and muscles. With the sharpness of the pain came the sharpness of his soul that needed to go to a place he locked away. Everything else in the universe was fading, pushed out and erased by the every growing agonizing cloud that was enveloping him.

Like his shirt, the jeans he wore died under the caress of his talons, leaving him totally exposed. The designs went from his torso down onto his thighs leaving more trails of gaping flesh filling with blood that refused to leave him. The pain was gone by that stage, agony in its purest form taking its place. Paul breathed with difficulty, teeth gritted and perspiration wetting his face as he continued to mutilate his legs.

He grunted softly as his talons worked his cheeks and chin, then one drew a straight line across his forehead. With precision, he slices the skin about his eyes to remove the eyelids.

From within Willow's cleavage, a deep voice echoed. "If he's done his legs, for God's Sake, shut your eyes now."

Paul was on the brink of where he needed to go, but the pain was not intense enough to get him there. He tensed, then speared both testicles which drew a deep grunt from his mouth.

His universe finally exploded into the fiery, swirling mass that he needed. The rage enveloped his soul, charring it black in a moment, before his soul shed the crumbling outer layer to show a silver, smooth figure free of the slag carried by his soul. He knew that the impurities would return in time, but before they did, he would be ready to face his task.

He stood, naked and mutilated, turning to Willow. Through the damage done to his face, a deep sadness could still be viewed.

"Now, Willow, we go and do what needs be done to save more souls from reaching out to you in their direst times of need."

Last edited:
Willow

The walk up to Paul's room was full of silent tension that made Willow's stomach bubble nervously. The ferocity and determination coupled with Paul's quiet war cry made everything else on the trip pale in comparison to Willow's curiosity.

What Willow hadn't expected was for Paul to settle on one of his brightly coloured cushions and meditate.

Even though Willow didn't know what was in the envelope or what sort of battle Paul had committed them to, the though to of having a Yoga skirmish was most certainly not what her imagination had fancifully created.

"Yep, this is going to be bad. Willow, whatever you do, please don't interfere. I know you will want to, believe me, I know. But he will be fine."

Ferret's words of warning fell odd upon her ears in the silent and protective aura of the room. Willow was tempted to tell Ferret that meditation wasn't high impact enough to make her want to race to help him.

Before Willow could speak the normally placid room began to change. At first it was nearly undetectable, a cold trickle of concern running down her spine. Next, there was a strange buzzing- an annoying presence of something that she should be wary of. The feeling irritated her and set her on edge; it was like when she knew that she had something to tell someone but just couldn't put her remember what it was. The fog lingered annoyingly, pressing at the outskirts of her consciousness and demanding her attention.

It wasn't until Ferret spoke again that Willow was able to shake herself out of her preoccupation. When she looked at Paul he looked sat in silent meditation, but Ferret's concern made her look closer, and when she did she gasped. Instead of finger tips settled gently on his folded legs there were long talons that glinted in the light of the room with sinister sharpness.

In the moments that followed the pregnant calm turned into a storm beyond Willow's anticipation. Red drops of blood beaded on Paul's feet as his strange talon-fingers sunk in. Another gasp filled the room and Willow's body tensed, ready to cross the room and shake Paul out of this strange trance. Before she could move even a millimetre she felt Ferret's claws settle over the flesh of her breasts, not painfully, but enough to warn her not to move. The breath she was holding changed into pants that were heavy with concern.

The grisly tableaux continued as Paul's talons drew a masterpiece of pain across his torso. The only thing that kept Willow focused at that point was the slight sting of Ferret's claws against her skin. As the skin of his chest was transformed into a weeping bolt of delicate red lace Paul's breathing became irregular. Through the seemingly calm countenance of his meditative state, Willow could see that he was losing his stoic resistance to his masochism. The patterns continued over his legs. Despite the sharp tangy scent of blood filling the room the artwork continued until he ran out of space. Paul's face was the next target, and Willow felt the bile rising in her throat. Now that she knew she couldn't move she had lost her voice as well, she desperately wanted to stop Paul from torturing himself like this, but the tension of the moment and Ferret's warning held her infuriatingly in place.

The instant that Paul sliced his eyelids off Willow thought it couldn't get any worse. She was fighting off black spots in her vision and a sense of vertigo when Paul's hands continued down his body and over his most intimate parts.

"If he's done his legs, for God's Sake, shut your eyes now."

Willow wanted to heed Ferret's warning, but she was frozen in place. Any attempt to move, or even think about moving, would be all it took to make her lose her ailing control of her body.

All sense of control in this storm of madness seemed to dissipate when Paul used the sharp points of his strange new fingers to pierce the firm skin of his testicles.

A force of pure energy exploded from Paul and knocked Willow back a few steps as a cry tore from her lips. With that power she could feel the pain and suffering that Paul had inflicted upon himself fill the room, but when she looked upon him she had to bring her arm up to shield her eyes.

Willow wasn't sure if it was her imagination or a strange attempt by her mind to protect itself, but instead of seeing Paul as she knew him she know looked upon him in a different form, one that was scarred and mutilated almost beyond recognition, but with an incomprehensibly strong radiance that drew her to him.

When he spoke his voice crashed upon her and she had no choice but to recognise him in all of his mangled glory. She took a few steps back and leaned against a wall to steady herself before her arm fell from her face and her eyes met his blood stained ones.

"Paul?" Her voice was small, cautious, concerned and disbelieving all in one. A part of her wanted to race over to him and try to ease his suffering, but a larger part was concerned that any contact would hurt him more. Her fingers itched and twitched nervously with indecision as she shifted her weight from foot to foot, waiting for any sign that Paul was okay.

Last edited:
Paul walked to the door that led to the hallway from his room of eclectic things. He dipped his pinkie finger into one of his raw, seeping wounds, coating the tip with a solid lay of blood. He wrote on the door in a flowing script, the blood remaining the bright crimson colour that would come fresh from a wound. From his lips came something that sounded Indian to her ear, then he opened the door. Rather than the hallway she would have recognized, instead there was a dark, messy room full of stale air.

"Quickly, it won't last too long." Paul stepped through, traveling over 27 kilometres in one simple footstep. He waited for Willow to follow, then closed the door, making a similar inscription on the closed door, muttering the same words as before.

"When you are told to, Willow, come back here, open the door and go through back to my sanctum. Wait there. You will have people to protect." Ferret clambered out of Willow's cleavage, sweeping the room quickly.

"I'll lead her to them. I can smell them clearly enough. You'll be right dealing with them."

"Yes, I can deal with them. Help Willow, I think she will need you help more than I will."

Ferret looked straight up at Willow's face, his expression seemed to be more serious than normal, though it was hard for anyone to really tell. "Come on, Willow. Over that way, through the door, then left." Ferret waved his head off to one side of the room, while Paul stalked off in a different direction.

Paul slipped through the door when it was open enough to allow his passage. He was behind a canvas of some sort, with enough space between it and the wall to allow him to walk sideways behind it. He wished he could close his eyes, but he could see the brightly coloured background, similar in style to one that would be found in a child care facility. But there were smells that he clearly picked up that had little to do with such places. That had nothing to do with such places, nor the ones found in them.

Rage roiled within him, touching his outer boundaries and rolling back deeper inside, not leaving even the faintest ripple on his surface for anyone or anything to detect. Paul reached the end of the canvas, steeled himself and peered around the edge.

It looked like a children's playroom fitted out by the Marquis de Sade. Wherever his eyes passed, his heightened senses revealed the horrors that were performed in the room, all of which were recorded for others to watch and enjoy. Tears burned the ragged lines of flesh where his lower eyelids were severed from his body before running down the valleys carved in his face. He wasted little time trying to leave the room before he was overwhelmed by the growing litany of vile acts that had happened there for years and years.

The door he approached opened, and the matronly woman's smile faded as her face went ashen at the site of Paul standing before her. Paul's hand swung out, catching the woman's throat. The talons protruding from his hand slid through her flesh like razors through tissue paper. A barely heard gurgle escaped her as her hands tried to stem the mortal flow of blood from the gaping wound beneath her chin.

Paul stepped over her collapsed body and proceeded further into the hallway. He heard the sounds of people laughing, which died down into sounds of lustful enjoyment.

"Such an angelic face on that little one."

"Yes, and he looked so wonderful when Henry -"

They all ceased their conversation and as one, turned to look at the door that was slowly closing behind Paul. Three men and a woman all looked aghast as he moved from the door.

"You have perverted the greatest gift given to humans in the grossest manner imaginable. For those hideous crimes, you are condemned to death."

The eldest of the men, his black hair shot with enough gray to give the sable field a stars in the night effect, ran to the back of the room, wrenching a draw open and flinging it on the floor. The youngest man sank into a ball whimpering, begging for forgiveness. The other two turned at the crashing sound, looking to see what their companion had done. In the draw were two pistols and a large combat knife. He grabbed the knife, stepping in front of the draw, while the other two went for the pistols.

Paul rode the stream of time, peering into the future, seeing the most likely events to occur. Armed with the knowledge, he dashed to where the whimpering one sat, easily hauling him to his feet. The young man screamed in horror at the sight before him, but Paul ignored him, throwing the young man at the woman. As she moved to unsuccessfully avoid him, her shot went wide. Paul stood still as another bullet whistled past his ear. His left arm came up in a move to block the knife strike, but took the blade right through the middle of his forearm.

"Thank you for the gift." Paul twisted his arm, the bones within his arm catching the blade and pulled the handle out of the attacker's grip. Paul ducked as the woman took another shot at him. He removed the blade from his arm, ramming it into the man's thigh and thighbone too.

Paul dropped into a crouch, easily seeing where the woman was located via his arcane enhanced senses. He leapt in her direction, taking a long burning wound from the bullet she fired at him. He landed with a thump, rolled then knelt facing her. He pointed a finger in her direction and shouted "Die!"

The woman flinched, but seeing nothing happen, laughed pointed her pistol and squeezed the trigger. Nothing happened. Her eyes went wide as she tried to recock the pistol, but when the trigger was pressed again, there was just a click. Paul stood up like an avenging angel stalking to where she stood whimpering and crying trying to get the pistol to work. Her faded blue eyes looked at him through a layer of water, seeing his hand close over her face before he broke her neck.

The other man with the pistol wasted little time shoving it into his mouth and squeezing the trigger, ending his own life. The last survivor, the coward, suffered the ultimate indignity in death. His genitals were unanchored from his body, and aroused fully before being inserted into his own anus and left to bleed out, while remaining fully awake and aroused until his death. The other three would be visited by a more conventional agent of retribution, with more standard means of dispatching the evils left remaining.

"May which ever God claims your souls show you more mercy that you showed your victims."

He returned to the room of horrors, gathering all the strands from the Karmic Cycle, he unleashed all his stored essence through the tendrils he spread through the room. The echoes of the events that stained the very fabric of the Tapestry was blasted free, leaving nothing more than a deep unease about the room, without displaying what exactly occurred within.

His last act within the room was reach out with his mind to Willow. He gave her an image of the lounge room, with herself and those children she had found, sitting quietly and drinking some water. He knew Willow got the thought, he hoped that she would remember what he told her and she would act on it.

Willow

Willow felt as though she'd become part of some R rated horror film as she watched Paul using his own blood to write in a macabre but beautiful crimson script on the door. Her stomach felt as though it was full of lead, and her skin prickled in anticipation. Her first instinct was to doubt that this was real. If she was imagining or dreaming the situation then this horror wasn't part of reality. Despite her desire, Willow could not ignore the way that her breath rattled through her throat, how the feeling of Ferret nestled between her breasts made her feel clammy, how the metallic tang of Paul's blood made her own curdle.

When the door opened Willow gasped. Instead of the hallways she was becoming used to was a strange dark room that sent a wave of fetid air wafting towards them. Paul stepped through and then turned, beckoning her to follow.

Willow didn't know where the courage came from, but she managed to step over the threshold and follow Paul into that foreboding room. Even though she couldn't be sure why she made the crossing, she had a feeling that it was because of the bizareness of the situation. Even though her body knew it was real her mind didn't. She couldn't comprehend how it was possible and therefore she couldn't comprehend the danger she knew she should be feeling.

Willow listened to Paul's directions with single-minded attentiveness. Before she had a chance to whisper a question begging for more details, Ferret had jumped out of her cleavage and given them a mission.

Willow would get more details later. All she knew was that now, someone needed her help, and Paul had his own work to do. She looked at the red and raw Paul over her shoulder as he disappeared out of one door as Ferret led her to another.

"Where are we?" Willow whispered, unable to help herself.

"Somewhere dangerous. Questions later, okay?" Ferret hissed back seriously as scampered out of the room and down a near by corridor.

The corridor was barely wide enough for Willow to fit through comfortably, and even then it was filled with random bits of debris and rubbish. There was a strange mix of brightly coloured pieced of cardboard and plastic, all covered with dust of disuse, and industrial looking building materials.

Over here. This time Ferret's voice whispered inside the confines of her mind. Her eyes immediately flickered back to his furry form and she watched as he pressed his nose inside a slightly open door that Willow hadn't even noticed in the dim flickering light of the crowded hallway. A moment later Ferret disappeared through the crack and Willow took a deep breath as her fingers settled on the hard painted wood.

When she pushed the door open she couldn't contain her gasp and her eyes were wider than they'd ever been before. Several pairs of wide, frightened eyes looked back at her, unblinking. The owners of the orbs were cowering against the wall, against the beds, behind the blankets; anywhere their little bodies could hide.

In an instant Willow's entire body filled with undeniable rage. She felt just as raw and primal as Paul had looked, and she only hoped that scarring herself in that way would be enough to take the haunted look from the eyes of the children. She knew better than that though. The instant she saw the children understanding dawned on her. She could see why Paul had transformed from his normally laid back self into a fury from the very depths of Tartaros.

"The keys?" It was all Willow could force from her mouth. The eyes continued to stare back at her, unblinking, and she felt her panic rising. "Please, I have to get you all out of here. I need to know where the keys are." Willow begged, imploring the little ones in front of her to sense her urgency.

There were six cells in all and each was locked with a standard padlock. The bars for the cells were wide enough to fit items like cups and arms through, but she knew that the children would never be able to squeeze their way out. The cells were furnished with little more than a hard metal bunk bed and a bucket for each child in the cell.

As she looked at the children imploringly Ferret got to his hind legs, sniffing the air. The children's eyes turned to Ferret, and there were a couple of children that shifted forward from their perches and hiding spots to oggle at him, curiosity sparking deep in the abyss of their flattened eyes,

"Ferret. The keys." Willow hissed, looking at him meaningfully. He looked at her before returning his attention to the children again.

"So kids, here's the deal." Ferret said. "We want you to go home to your family and friends, and we can only get you out if you tell us where the keys are."

There was a loud rustling as the children all jumped forward to get a better look at the ferret who had just talked to them.

"You see guys, Ferret is pretty cool. He can get to heaps of places and do stacks of tricks. He can get those keys no matter where they're hiding. If you know where they are you tell us and Ferret will get 'em for you, okay?" Willow said softly, crouching down beside Ferret and putting her hand gently on his furry back.

"The box beside the door, in the hallway." Only little boy blurted out quickly.

"Jack!" An older girl hissed, glaring at him. Jack frowned and took a step back from the bars that he was clutching.

"Thanks buddy!" Ferret said before scooting out of the room.

"My name's Willow." Willow said, looking at all of the kids, but focusing on the older girl. "And Ferret's name is Ferret."

A small tinkling sound came from Jack as he pressed his back against the wall and Willow smiled at him.

"I know! Crazy, huh?" Willow laughed. "I told him that Mr. Sprinkles would be better. Or Fluffy."

"What about Flipsy?" A small voice came from behind her and Willow turned and smiled at the little girl who'd suggested the name. Willow grinned at her.

"Flipsy is good. But, in all honestly, he may be cute but he is one grumpy critter!" Willow whispered conspiritorially.

"I heard that!" Ferret's voice floated to them from around the corner and a couple of the children giggled.

"And he had better hearing than a dolphin. Do any of you guys know how good dolphins can hear?" Willow asked, the children looked back at her and shook their heads slowly. "Dolphins have this thing called echolocation, or biological sonar." Willow explained slowly, racking her brain for the remnants of her high school biology classes. "A dolphin makes a sound like this," Willow quietly replicated the sound of a dolphin "and then the sound waves go out- when they hit an object they reflect back to the dolphin. So, dolphin's don't even need to see things to know where they are. What sort of things do you think dolphins would be able to locate with their sounds?"

The room was silent for a few moments and Willow could hear Ferret desperately scratching about outside the door.

"Fish to eat!" Jack said enthusiastically, earning himself another look of disapproval from the older girl.

"Sharks!" Added another child that Willow could barely see hidden behind a filthy ragged blanket.

"Keys!" Ferret's voice was muffled yet victorious as he ran back into the room and dumped a small keyring with several silver keys at Willow's feet.

"See! Just like I told you." Willow said, scooping up the keys. "He can hear really well! And he can find stuff. Now Ferret, how about you keep these guys entertained while I work on getting the locks ope-"

Willow stopped speaking as a picture of her and the children in Paul's lounge room filtered through her mind. A sense of calmness and safety pervaded her being and when she snapped back to reality she knew she had to move. Luckily, despite her temporary distraction, Ferret had already begun weaving through the bars of the cells and making a show of himself.

There were more keys on the keyring than there were locks, and Willow's teeth were gritted so hard that her head began to hurt. As she finally managed to unlock the first cell she put her finger to her lips and made the children there promise to wait until the others were free before they left the room, telling them that Ferret would lead them to safety. The children were nervous bundles of anxiety, but as more and more were free they clung to each other for home.

"Right, lead the way!" Willow said to Ferret, pocketing the locks and the keys before walking behind the children.

"Now Ferret will be listening out to make sure the way is safe guys, and as you know he has great hearing. Trust him, okay? And I'll walk behind you and make sure no one can sneak up on us!" Willow promised, ushering the children out of the room behind Ferret.

Thankfully, the trip back through the horrid house went by uneventfully. Despite the short distance, it felt like it took an eternity to complete. Each sound made Willow's body want to jump clear of her skin, and every movement made her hold her breath.

When the last of the children had finally crossed the threshold into Paul's living room Ferret bounded back to her.

"I'll guard the door. Paul won't be far behind." He assured her, and Willow nodded.

"Alright kids! Who want's to raid the pantry?" Even though the comment only earned her a handful of concerned looks, they followed her eagerly enough. Willow led the way to the kitchen and decided to make sure Paul came home to the very view he had sent her in his mind.

Back