Beyond Star City: The Heroes in the Shadows of Tomorrow OOC

Lunaramblings

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Posts
1,225
Hey folks. So, I currently am running a story set in an amalgam of the DC Universe combining all of the current spate of DC tv/movie properties. In writing the mainstream universe, it has come to my attention that certain aspects of the story I want to tell belong in a different variation of the setting. As such, this thread, if it gets off the ground, will run along side my other thread "Star City: Heroes of Tomorrow". My inspiration for this thread is based in my love of characters like The Trench Coat Brigade, and The Justice League:Dark. This will focus on the mystical happenings of the universe, focusing on characters that often inhabit the fringes of the DCU. Characters like John Constantine and his ilk. Frankenstein, The Bride, Timothy Hunter, and others. If this sounds interesting to you, then feel free to contact me. If this doesn't gain traction so be it. But I will be putting the Timeline and the biography for a handful of characters that are likely to show up below.
 
Timeline:

TIMELINE OF THE ARROWVERSE:​

PREHISTORIC UNDATED TIME: Unknown species arrive on Earth. These species alter and study the life that the world holds.

18,625 BC - An alien outpost ship crash lands in the Arctic Circle.

1,200 BC - Diana is born
- Hidden from humans on Themyscira
- Amazons become a Myth

1971 - Bruce Wayne/Batman is born

1975- The Sex Pistols are founded. And in Liverpool, John Constantine is born.

1981 - Bruce Waynes (10) parents are murdered
- Events of Gotham TV Series
-Young James Gordon
- Young Arrow/Gotham Villains appear

1985 - Oliver Queen/Arrow is Born

1988 - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern is Born

1989 - Barry Allen/The Flash is Born

1997 - Jonathan Kent is killed in a Tornado

1998 - Hal Jordan (10) father is killed in an Jet accident.

2001 - Bruce Wayne/Batman (30) returns from the League of Assassins. Along with friend and fellow American, Malcolm Merlin. The two drift apart over the years.
- Barry Allens (11) mother is Killed

2007 - Queens Gambit goes missing
- Oliver Queen (22) begins 5 years on the Island

2012 - Oliver Queen (27) returns to Starling City
- Events of Arrow TV Series

2013 - Black Canary and other costumed non-powered heroes exist around the world
- John Constantine casts a spell of protection on his best friend, Chas Chandler. That evening, Chas survives a catastrophic night club fire that took the lives of 47 people. Lives connected to souls that Chas Chandler absorbed due to he spell.
- Barry Allen comes to Starling City
- Slade Wilson/Super Soldiers exist
- The Star Labs Explosion releases unknown energies into the world. This spawns the rise of the meta-humans.

2014 - Barry Allen (25) becomes The Flash
- Events of The Flash, Constantine TV Series
- The Flash is unseen due to his speed

2015 -
- Ted "Wildcat" Grant is vital in leading a charge of citizen to retake The Glades from Danny "The Brick" Brickwell. In the battle he is severely hurt going toe to toe with Brick. While recovering he leaves the city for several weeks, claiming he is going to visit family in South America while he heals. Returning healed, and ready to once again help protect his city.
- The events of the Flashpoint Incident occur. Half of Central City is destroyed in a thermal nuclear event that is only contained due to the actions of The Flash, his partner Cisco Ramon, John Diggle, and Roy Harper.
- Barry Allen checks into Ravenscar Asylum. Meets and befriends John Constantine.
- John Diggle takes a leave from super hero antics, becomes a recruitment officer for ARGUS.
- Roy Harper leaves Star City, seeking to put the deaths of the Flashpoint Incident behind him. Trains with Nyssa al'ghul.
- Cisco Ramon gains powers and starts operating in Central City as VIBE.
- A group of young heroes begins working out of San Francisco. The team calls themselves Young Justice and is led by a hero called Nightwing who is allegedly trained by the legendary Batman of Gotham.

2016- Ray Palmer disappears while researching projects that were salvaged from the ruins of S.T.A.R. Labs.
-Oliver Queen buys controlling interest in a now failing Queen Industries, backed by Thea Queen. Felicity steps in as COO running day to day operations while Oliver is the President of the company.

Late 2017- Ray Palmer returns. Ray is devastated to find that his company has fallen apart and has been bought out from under him. However, he is soon approached by Oliver, Thea and Felicity whom are able to come to an agreement allowing Ray to return as part owner, and creative director.

2018- Ray has resumes secretly acting as the super powered vigilante, The Atom.

2020-Palmer champions a bill designed to grant fellow vigilantes protected status. The bill eventually passes and becomes known as the Masked Vigilante Protection Act. Roughly summarized, the bill states that Vigilantes that act for the greater good of the city are protected from prosecution, so long as they use non-lethal means, and refrain from large scale collateral damage and property destruction. In doing so, he reveals his identity to the public during a congressional hearing.

2021-The Batman of Gotham, long believed by the general public to exist, is forced into the spotlight when a criminal uses a version of the Markov device to bring down Blackgate Prison, freeing several high risk criminals including the sociopath Szasz, Roman "Black Mask" Sionis, and many others.
-Later that year, Oliver arrives in Gotham looking for The Batman. He eventually finds him and they come to an agreement to protect the greater good.

2022-The Justice Society is formed. They become a non-profit organization, running a museum, medical clinic, and many other services. Private donors include Queen Consolidated, Wayne Enterprises, Kord Industries, and more.

-The Gulag is completed. Sanderson Hawkins is appointed by a joint commitee of multi-national officials, both private and governmental.

2023-There is a rash of gang violence all over the country. Many major crime figures are murdered and their organizations are taken over by a multinational crime syndicate known as Inter-Gang.

2024-Jim Gordon, now commissioner, has finally had some success in getting an operative into the Gotham Branch of Intergang. Limited information is smuggled to Gordon before the operative goes dark. Captain Harvey Bullock begins a task force with agents from multiple cities and agencies to take down Inter-Gang.

MORE TO COME. If you have events that you want added PM me and we can fit them in.
 
Last edited:
Character Image/Actor Image:
matt-ryan.png

Name: John Constantine

Alias: None. Though many call him things much less dignified than John.

Base of Operations: Jasper's Hollow, Atlanta, Georgia.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero) John sees no reason to attach labels. While he would likely accept the title of Anti-Hero, he has the heart of a true Hero, if only he stops stewing it in booze, smokes, and self loathing.

Affiliations: The Trench Coat Brigade (loose fellowship of Mystics), The Shadowpact

Family/Friends: He has no family anymore. He has few true friends. He counts only a handful of people as friends. They have a way of dying on him.

Bio:John Constantine's mother died giving birth to him, leading his father to give him the nickname "Killer". Constantine suffered an abusive childhood, constantly being slapped and hit around by his alcoholic father. When Constantine was a teenager, he started to read everything he could on the occult, spells, and rituals, practicing and learning how to use them.

An incident in Newcastle lead to the young girl of a friend being taken by the demon Nergal. This event has haunted Constantine, and as a result, he had himself committed to Ravenscar. Constantine eventually checks himself out after receiving a message relating to a woman named Liv Aberdeen. Constantine tracks Liv down, and after telling her about her father and giving her a pendant that allows her to see spirits, Liv reluctantly joins Constantine's mission to exercise demons. However, Constantine scares her off of the mission, not believing her ready for exorcism.

Powers:
Magic
Summoning, Pyromancy, Necromancy, Telekinesis

Abilities
Deception, Escapology, Occultism

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: Other than his magical skill, John is a human. A tragically flawed one at that.

Character Image/Actor Image
Frankenstein_(New_Earth)_011.jpg
21222_900x1350.jpg

Frankenstein
michael-rooker.jpg

Michael Rooker​

Name: Frankenstein's Monster

Alias: Frankenstein

Base of Operations: Jasper's Hollow, Atlanta, Georgia

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero) Good.

Affiliations: S.H.A.D.E.(Former), The Creature Commandos(Former), The Shadowpact

Family/Friends: Unknown to all But himself and John

Bio:

Paraphernalia:

Frankenstein, also known as simply Frank or The Creature, carries several weapons. Most notably, the Sword of Michael.

The Sword of Michael is a 4ft long blade, decorated with intricate sigils and markings. Said to be the very blade carried in battle by the Arch-Angel Michael. The sword is made of Nth metal forged with Promethium. The sword has proven to be thus far indestructible. When wielded by a righteous warrior, such as Frankenstein, it has the ability to burst into flame. This Flame is mystical in nature as it will burn only that which the wielder wishes to burn. Though it is partcularly dangerous to those of a truly evil nature.

The Steam Gun: The Steam Gun is a creation of Dr. Mazursky, the man responsible for building Frank. This shotgun like weapon can fire a variety of bullets. From slugs and buckshot and other mundane ammo, to alchemically created ammos such as those used to harm monsters such as vampires, werewolves, etc. Often used to control large crowds with non-lethal rounds such as sleep gas, flash bang, or rubber bullets like those used by modern police. The Steam Gun can be altered to fire with more or less kick as needed, allowing Frank to use it in many situations.

Frank also carries a variety of gear used in investigations and research. Including many mystical items that allow him to detect the use of magic and the presence of otherwordly beings, this include beings that would be considered "monsters" such as Grundy, Frank and other beings of similar nature.

Powers:

Frank is Undead for all intents and purposes. He requires no food, drink, sleep, etc. His physiology is very different from that of a human. This means that he does not bleed, feel pain etc. However, he also cannot heal as a normal person might. Instead he must replace lost pieces. Over the years Frank has collected and prepared a small selection of parts, such as arms, legs, hands, and feet. He has no use for most organs. If "Killed" he simply ceases to function until someone repairs him. Much to the chagrin of more than one morgue technician.

Superior Strength and Durability: Frank has been shown to go hand to hand with the likes of Grundy. Frank has great strength and durability. He takes no damage from bullets, knives, etc. Only massive damage has any real effect, but even then, he need only replace the limb/effected body part.

Frank is all around physically superior to a normal human. He is both faster and more agile. This is due to a combination of the alchemical means of his creation and the Demonic blood that helped to make the process a success.

Frank has the ability to manipulate electricity to a limited degree. He can overcharge or shock items that he touches, causing damage or allowing them to be used when other sources of power are unavailable.

The bolts in his neck, and the rivets holding him together also allow him to pick up various electrically based signals such as EMF, Radiowaves, etc.

Likewise, this manipulation of electrical signals allows him a limited form of telepathy. So long as he and his recipient are in relatively close proximity, he is able to use electrical impulses to deliver communication. The distance of this ability is limited to approximately 20-30yds.

During his time with S.H.A.D.E. and the Creature Commandos his form was also altered, granting him the ability to use his electrical manipulation to interface with machinery/computers. This allows him to access data, or do other tasks. He can converse with these machines as if they shared a certain level of sentience.

Abilities:
Swordsmanship: Frank has been fighting with swords since the 1800s. He is very well trained in the art. He has studied many styles and is more than capable of holding his own amongst most swordsman.

Marksmanship: Frank is capable with both guns, bows, and crossbows. Frank is as gifted as any military or police official. And is well versed in the use of guns both at greater ranges and in hand to hand combat.

Hand to Hand Fighting: Frank possesses significant hand to hand combat skill and training. Almost 200 years worth. He has trained in many styles. Most taking advantage of his great strength. He often surprises opponents with his skill over raw thundering power. Unlike his zombie counterpart Grundy, while capable of brute force, he often uses that as a ruse to instead use some other means, such as grappling.

Weaknesses:

Frankenstein is incredibly Strong, but has some disadvantages as well. As mentioned above, he is unable to heal, requiring replacement of damaged parts. Further, if struck by an electrical attack that has the same properties as the bolt that birthed him, he can be temporarily shut down until the energy dissipates.

Finally, he is susceptible to the Limbo Marks, brands used by Klarion the Witch-Boy to control Grundy-like zombies.
 
Last edited:
Back in Black.

500pxBlack_Alice_013.png


liz-gillies-look-goth.jpg


Celebrity Faceclaim:
Elizabeth Gillies

Name:
Lori Zechlin

Alias:
Black Alice

Base of Operations:
Dayton, Ohio.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Antihero definitely leaning towards Bad but with the potential for Good.

Affiliations:
None, as yet.

Family:
Carl Zechlin (father)
Sandra Zechlin (mother, deceased)

Friends:
Her former best friend Dawn recently ejected her from the local Wiccan circle.

Lori attends an addiction support group, though this is by nature anonymous.

Other than that, Lori has been thoroughly alienated from her peers.

Age:
18

Bio:
Lori Zechlin's existence, for 17 years, could only be described as "suburban."

But her 18th birthday could only be described as "memorable."

Her mother, ashamed of an addiction to antidepressants, drowned herself in their backyard pool. And later that same day, ignited by the onset of The Thirteenth Age of Magic, Lori discovered that she was not quite so suburban after all.

Despite being potentially one of the most powerful beings on the planet, Lori still felt like a complete mess. Overwhelmed with rage at the prescription drug-peddlers who'd gotten her mother hooked on drugs, disgusted with her father for slipping into seclusion and alcoholism in his grief, and fighting her own addiction to the same antidepressants that killed her mother, Lori is by far now more potential villain than burgeoning hero.

Her one saving grace is that she has begun attending a support group for addiction.

Other than that, woe betide anyone who chooses to mess with her or her life.

She has not yet been approached by members of the magical community or even superhumans in general. When that happens, that should prove an interesting day.

500px-Black_Alice_0001.jpg


Powers:
Lori possesses the ability to very temporarily "borrow"/"steal" the powers and/or artifice of any magical entity or magic-derived metahuman, no matter the distance between them, and no matter how great the power. Lori even manifests the raiment and guise of the being from whom she siphons her power-- albeit in a form consistent with Lori's "tattered Goth" motif.

So long as Lori manifests this ability, the being from whom she siphons the power cannot access more than the tiniest fraction of their power-- often to detrimental effect.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
Lori has little to no ability to control whose powers she steals, or for how long, and lacks all but a basic instinctive level of skill at those powers' use. It can be difficult for her to hang onto the abilities of a particularly wily or cunning magic user, such as Doctor Occult. The greater the power of the powerset she's usurping, the shorter the timeframe Lori can retain it.
 
Last edited:
Hey Luna. I'm interested in this, but I have an original character in mind. Someone I've written about in novel form as it happens. Do you want me to send you the pertinents, or post a concept here? Lemme know.
 
Hey Luna. I'm interested in this, but I have an original character in mind. Someone I've written about in novel form as it happens. Do you want me to send you the pertinents, or post a concept here? Lemme know.

Shoot me a PM. :)
 
Here's one to bake your noodle.

What happens when Zatanna says "SHAZAM" backwards?

This may be relevant later.
 
Hey, Lunar?

Here's a thought, maybe a topic for discussion-- since "Heroes" and "Shadows" are taking place in the same timeline, should we just have one OOC for both of them? Keep the one OOC and coordinate the story from there? Or maybe that would be burdensome and problematic for people in one story but not the other...
 
Hrm. Yeah that is food for thought. I will have to think on this. I like the idea of two oocs so if there are folks doing one not the other it is less for them to wade through but then again one world one ooc to keep everything straight also makes sense. .. hrm
 
Currently obsessing about the idea of Dr. Olivia "Liv" Moore, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
 
Living Dead Girl.

iZombie-comic-CW.jpg


fotonoticia_20150107115431_800.jpg


Celebrity Faceclaim:
Rose McIver

Name:
Olivia "Liv" Moore, MD

Alias:
Revenant

Base of Operations:
Seattle, Washington.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Good.

Affiliations:
Seattle PD (formerly with the medical examiner's office, now freelance consultant), S.H.A.D.E., The Shadowpact

Family:
Eva Moore (mother)
Evan Moore (brother)
Major Lilywhite (ex-fiancé)

Friends:
Clive Babineaux
Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti
Peyton Charles

Age:
36
(physically 26)

Bio:
Seattle native Olivia "Liv" Moore was a supremely focused, talented, and decidedly pretty medical student on her way to becoming a legendary heart surgeon. She had a family that loved her, a handsome and witty fiancé, an apartment with her best friend, and a future all mapped out.

But everything changed when she attended a party on a boat out on Lake Washington in March of 2015. There was something in the drugs, Utopium, that local dealer Blaine DeBeers was trying to push on her and other partygoers-- or perhaps more sinister forces were at play. In either case, frantic, ravenous partiers tore the boat from stem to stern, and before crashing overboard in an attempt to escape Liv received a nasty gash on her arm from a visibly disfigured DeBeers.

She awoke on the shore in a bodybag surrounded by additional dead, and her normally-brunette tresses had already begun taking on a parched, emaciated, bleached-bone color.

cw-upfronts-2014.jpg


Coming to grips with her condition over the next six months, Liv withdrew from both her family life and the surgery track and got a job finishing up bodies for the coroner/medical examiner at the local morgue. This gave her access to freshly-dead brain matter in sufficient quantities that she could maintain her undead health, if not her driving ambitions.

She did her best to mask the disgusting consistency and metallic tang of the grey-matter by employing microwave-gourmet solutions and oodles of Frank's Hot Sauce, but eventually her dining habits were discovered by her boss, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti, formerly of The CDC. Additionally, Chakrabarti and homicide detective Clive Babineaux quickly thereafter discovered that Liv was supernaturally insightful in investigations-- her ability to experience the memories of the murder victims whose brains she fed upon often led to clues that would otherwise have been missed.

Having become an asset to the Seattle PD and opposed the criminal machinations of the also-zombified Blaine DeBeers, over the next few years Liv would come to the attention of S.H.A.D.E. and be recruited as one of their supernatural Agents, perhaps serving in a similar capacity to that in which Frankenstein's Monster once served.

At one point, Dr. Chakrabarti's efforts successfully cured Liv, but she found herself compelled to reinfect herself shortly thereafter so as to continue serving the greater good in her unique fashion.

She continues working out of the Seattle area when possible, but can be dispatched by S.H.A.D.E. anywhere in The USA or the world.

At the formation of The Shadowpact, S.H.A.D.E. assigns Liv to the group as a liaison officer, perhaps untrusting of John Constantine without formal supervision.

Powers:
Liv is biologically undead, meaning she is functionally immortal, though it's a sort of post-mortem immortality, with minimal bloodflow and a resting heartrate of 10 BPM. She can survive extensive damage-- such as getting shot in the chest or flung from the roof of a speeding car --with minimal deleterious effect, so long as she doesn't suffer significant head trauma. Most injuries will repair themselves relatively quickly, though medical intervention can accelerate this, as can feeding soon after getting hurt. So long as she feeds regularly, her aging remains essentially at a standstill.

If she consumes a portion of the cerebral matter of another human being, she can receive post-cognitive flashes triggered by sensory stimuli as she metabolizes that brain-stuff. This can cause her to experience that person's memories seemingly randomly, and additionally manifest their skills (such as innate talents and spoken languages), again at seeming random.

At times of great emotional distress (especially righteous indignation or fight-or-flight scenarios), Liv can enter a state called "full-on zombie mode" in which she sacrifices higher-level cognition for rapacious hunger and borderline superhuman physical capabilities, such as chasing down a speeding car on foot, tearing out a windshield with her fingertips, or taking down a much larger opponent with a single head-butt.

When possible, S.H.A.D.E. op-tech supplies her with brains that may or may not provide her with mission-specific skillsets. This is hardly an exact science, however.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
Liv's palate has been crippled by her condition, and she can no longer discern taste unless it has a significant level of spice to it-- except, unfortunately, for the grotesque metallic aftertaste of cerebral matter. Additionally, normal foodstuffs no longer sustain her-- she can only derive sustenance by consuming the brains of another human being. She does not have to feed much, or often-- at least once a month --but if she does not consume brains periodically she becomes slower, dumber, meaner, and runs the risk of entering this state and losing herself on a permanent basis.

She cannot have sex with another human being because of the risk of exchanging fluids' causing her to infect them. Indeed, she has to be supremely careful not to bite anyone, or graze them with her fingernails-- she herself became zombified after being gashed by another zombie's fingernails, after all.

In addition to absorbing memories, personality traits, and skills, Liv continually finds that she can absorb troubling idiosyncrasies from those whose brains she consumes: kleptomania, pigeon-specific ornithophobia, et cetera. These can fade and become more manageable given enough time after eating, but some tend to linger. Additionally, the memories she experiences can be horribly traumatic-- she once experienced a call girl's remembered final moments falling out of a window --and can exacerbate her risk of PTSD.

Entering "full-on zombie mode" also makes her a ferocious predator, a hissing, seething, growling, hungry creature. By giving herself over to this state, she loses rationality and becomes much more likely to crack a living person's skull open like an egg and nosh the brains inside-- a prospect that a woman of her conscience relishes not at all.

Her hair and skin have taken on a chalk-white appearance, which can barely be ameliorated by bronzer or a proficient hair-colorist even with significant expenditures of time and money; she tends to stick out like a sore, alabaster thumb. Additionally, entering "full-on zombie mode" causes her eyes to sleet through with red and gleam with a supernatural sheen, making her condition even more noticeable.

Headshots and significant traumatic brain injury would kill her for real basically instantly.​
 
Last edited:
Ooohh yeah I need to do the official in-thread Character Bio for my guy. Tomorrow, maybe, when I am not feeling my xanax so much.
 
I'm also strongly considering Miranda Shrieve, monster hunter.

But I wanna see what else other people are doing first.
 
Name: Frank Craft

Alias: Guardian, Left Hand of God, Sword of the Balance

Base of Operations: Chicago, Ill

Alignment: Good, if Chaotic Good
Affiliations: The Hunters (ancestral order of monster hunters who see it as their duty to police the Hidden World of the Occult) The Fey Courts, Vampire House of Chicago and he SO would be a member of The Trench Coat Brigade

Family/Friends:
Gabriel Dutchman, philanthropist and Master Vampire of Chicago.
Kyra Westmoon, High Wiccan Maiden of Chicago.
Her Life-partner, Shelly Parker, wealthy software developer/hacker.
Ed Philips, Captain of the Unexplainable Crimes Unit of Chicago PD.
Taylor Black- Hunter- trained assassin of supernatural creatures.
Sir Charles Alabaster Wentworth the 3rd, Deceased since 1897

Bio: Frank Craft was a member of the Chicago Police Department for 12 years, 9 of which he spent as a plain clothes investigator, specializing in Homicide. Frank was a decorated officer, having received the Medal of Valor for risking his life to save the lives of fellow officers and innocent civilians. Frank apprehended or killed five serial murderers in the 9 years he spent investigating homicides, an unprecedented number. His partner, Edward Philips was once quoted as saying that he thought Frank was; "The most gifted natural Criminal Profiler of his Age"

Frank was shot three times in the chest and thrown into Lake Michigan one cold january night, after a confrontation with a serial killer called The Butcher, which culminated in a hostage situation involving Franks own fiance, Victoria Lindsey. The Butcher was shot once, in the head and died instantly in the same shoot-out.

While sinking into the frigid black depths of the lake that night, Frank Craft died. Emergency responders fished him out of the Lake in under six minutes, performed CPR on him for another five minutes at the scene, before he resuscitated. He crashed several more times on the way to and at the ER, and during surgery, but ultimately lived and recovered. There is no medical explanation for why he was able to completely recover from his injuries and the prolonged lack of oxygen to the brain. Medical personnel involved with the case, refuse to comment.

Victoria Lindsey broke off the engagement and embarked on an extended trip around the world, while Frank was still in the ICU. There were allegations that she was having an affair with Allen Sharp, a.k.a. The Hunter.

After a year long recovery, Frank received early retirement from CPD and went into business for himself as a private investigator. He moved into a new apartment just over the top of the office he was renting, and there he met Sir Charles. Realizing he was seeing a ghost, for the first time, Frank understood that something had changed while he was on the other side. This led to a series of adventures that resulted in Frank becoming something of a local problem solver for those in Chicago and surrounding areas who have troubles involving the Occult or Supernatural.



Powers: Frank can see spiritual and magical energy, even if it would otherwise be hidden from mortal eyes. He can communicate with ghosts telepathically. Under Duress, Frank has been witnessed to experience miracles that allow him to survive and defeat his enemies.

Abilities: Frank is a master sharpshooter and marksman with years of experience as a competitor and instructor for the CPD. Frank is a master of a unique form of MMA. He has been trained in ALL forms of martial arts by Gabriel Dutchman, who is a master of martial practices after over a thousand years of study.
Frank has training with bladed weapons from the Fey Court and some amount of training in military small unit tactics from The Hunters.
He also has access to The Journal, an archive of all the accumulated supernatural and occult knowledge of previous men and woman who were named Guardian.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: Frank is physically a normal, ordinary human being, with all of the weakness and vulnerability inherent in that. He is also a recovering alcoholic and suffers from clinical depression.

(OOC info: When Frank died, while he was dead, what can only be called God spoke to him, offering him a deal. If Frank would act as His/Her/It's agent of justice on Earth, he would get another chance to live out his life. Frank accepted, was sent back to his body and healed, becoming a Guardian. A Guardian is essentially one who acts with the authority and speaks with the Will of God/ess. The Guardian is beholden to no earthly powers, but is A Law Unto Himself.)
Character Image/Actor Image

1314635059_matthew-fox-290.jpg
 
Well, I didn't create her.

I had two whole episodes of a genius TV show to draw from!

We're further into it now, she kicked some serious ass this week.

But thank you so much. :cattail:

Though I continue to maintain you're no slouch in that department yourself.
 
Actual Name: Kyle Alec Greystone

Other Current Aliases: Kyle Alec Matthews
Dual Identity: Secret
Current Occupation: High School Senior
Former Occupation: N /A
Citizenship: Citizen of the USA
Legal Status: No criminal record
Place of Birth: San Antonio, Texas
Marital Status: Single
D.O.B: June 14, 1996
Age: 48 (appears 25)
Known Relatives: Father: Alec Greystone (Deceased); Mother: Samantha Greystone (Deceased); Brother: Collin Greystone (Deceased); Sister:Elizabeth Greystone (Deceased); Sister: Rebecca Greystone
Known Confidantes: none
Known Allies: None
Major Enemies: Unknown to Kyle
Usual Base of Operations: none. He moves from place to place
Current Group Affiliation(s): None
Former Group Affiliation(s): None
Extent of Education: High School Senior

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair: Blond
Eyes: slightly luminescent lavender(Blue contacts)
Skin: Caucasian
Other distinguishing Features: None

POWERS AND ABILITIES

All of Wraiths abilities come from his connection to the Demiplane of Shadow, a magical realm outside of normal space and time.

Normal (Human) Form:

jensen-ackles--large-msg-115067542564-2.jpg


Enhanced Strength: Can lift 500Lbs over his head easily, 800 if he pushes

Enhanced Agility: 3X the human normal agility and reflexes

Darksight: See's in darkness as well as a normal man can see in daylight

Life Support: Does not need to eat, sleep, or excrete waste. Immune to disease, poisons and resistant to heat and cold.

Immortality: Kyle will stop aging at 25, and will not die due to aging. Unless killed by outside influence he could conceivably live until the sun goes nova.

Mental Defenses: Kyle has a field about him that resonates to telepaths as a "Madness Field" It causes them extreme discomfort and pain. Only very strong telepaths can break through it. He has no control over this ability. It's always on, even if it would be advantageous for him to have it off.


Hero Form:

darkness_issue_6_cover_by_nebezial.jpg


Armored skin: In his hero form Wraith is encased in organic black armor. It acts like skin almost, as he can get tactile response from it, but it also is bullet resistant (up to large caliber weapons), heat and cold resistant and offers protection from energy based attacks.

Enhanced Strength: Wraith can lift and throw over 3 tons easily, maxing out around 6 tons as a dead lift.

Enhanced Agility: Wraith has over ten times normal human quickness and agility, allowing him to dodge projectiles and strike both accurately and quickly

Darkbolts: Wraith can fire concussive bolts of darkness from his hands that strike hard enough to crumple steel.

Webbing: Wraith can also fire a organic webbing, encasing opponents in a glue-like mass, entangling them and stopping them from moving or taking most actions. The webbing can be torn apart with sufficient strength or tools. Also, very bright lights will burn it off. It dissolves into shadows at dawn

Claws:Wraith can form his fingers into knife-like claws, capable of cutting steel.

Darkness Field: He can create a field of utter darkness ranging in size from ten meters to one hundred meters in diameter. No light or vision can penetrate this darkness (sonar or extrasensory abilities have no problem) Wraith is immune to this effect and can see normally, but must concentrate to keep it up.

Shadowform: In darkness or shadows he can assume a incorporeal shadowform able to pass through solid objects. Energy fields stop this ability, and bright lights throw him out of shadowform

Shadowstep: He can teleport from shadow to shadow as long as he knows where he is going and the distance is no longer than a league (3 miles)

Dimensional Teleport: Wraith can teleport long distances by shifting himself and up to 7000 pounds of matter to Shadow, then going back to where he wants to go. This ability can cross planar boundaries, and can work to take Wraith to places he does not know. the latter can cause unpredictable results though


Background:
Kyle Greystone was born into a wealthy family with every opportunity in life available to him. Some are born with a silver spoon; Kyle’s was a platinum one. Kyle’s father and mother both were from old money, but they were always looking forward. First with computers, then bio-genetics, until by his Tenth birthday his family controlled one of the largest bio-genetics and engineering companies in the world.
Then in one night, it all came crashing down around him.
Three weeks after his twelfth birthday his family was attacked by an assassin.The assassin was the being known as Carrion. He defeated the security of the mansion, and slew his younger brother and sister in their beds. His parents were next, but his mother managed to scream once before the killers claws silenced her forever. Kyle’s older sister, Rebecca, made it into his room just before Carrion, and she was struck and thrown into Kyle, knocking them both to the floor and covering them in blood. This was when Kyle manifested his powers. The shadows in the room exploded into motion, swirling around the young man, and he and his sister vanished into Shadow seconds before Carrion could finish the job.
He later awoke in his grandparent’s farm in California his torn and bloody sister barely breathing in his arms. She got to the hospital in time to save her life, but the attack left her paralyzed from the waist down.
They stayed on the farm for two more years until Bekka was 18, and she inherited the family business. Against her grandparents wishes, she moved back to the mansion while Kyle stayed in California, and she regained control of the company. Under her control, the company moved away from bio-engineering, and into micro-engineering and powersuit/military research and development. The company grew wealthier with her guidance, and now was one of the leading providers of mobile armor and weaponry to the U.S. Government. They have clashed with LutherCorp on several occasions on projects.
During this time Kyle was learning more about his powers and abilities. In the two years on the farm he learned how to cloak himself in darkness, and his strength and agility grew to more than human. His eyes also grew much more sensitive to light, and he slept less and less. Wraith is still learning about his abilities. All during this time the world thought him dead, as Bekka through her contacts let the world believe she was the only surviving Greystone.
On his eighteenth birthday Kyle left for Shadow and spent thirty years (three earth years) in Shadow learning how to use his powers, learning magic from the natives of the land (he still is not very good at it, and can cast only the most simple spells), and learning how to use a sword against all manner of foes, from demons to angelic beings. After thirty years of battles and training, he once again was released to return to Earth.

In the years he was gone his grandparents farm had burned to the ground, with them inside it, so to the rest of the world he was thought to be dead. Kyle took advantage of this, and over the next month he managed to convert some precious metals and stones to cash, acquire a new identity as Kyle Matthews, and develop a career as a freelance photographer.
He has kept his identity a secret from his sister, but it gets harder to do so every time Wraith does something heroic. It's only a matter of time until someone gets a good picture of him doing some hero stuff, then his secret will be out.
 
Last edited:
Awesome to see us getting a decent lineup together. I have to get a post up in the other IC but will start an IC for this in the very near future as well.
 
4100512-screen+shot+2014-09-14+at+8.48.28+pm.jpg
4105329-bluedevil.jpg


Name:Daniel Patrick Cassidy

Alias: Blue Devil

Base of Operations: Oblivion Bar

Alignment: Good but tortured. He is a Demon with a soul. A catholic that every time he prays is actually harmed by it.

Affiliations: Shadowpact, Sentinels of Magic, Spirit Squad.

Family: John Cassidy (brother, maybe~ Jack of hearts~deceased)
Mary Frances Cassidy (Sister)
Margaret Maeve (Grandmother)
Seamus Cassidy (Great uncle)

Friends: Cain and Abel
Shadowpact members
Trickster

Bio:
Dan Cassidy was a special effects wizard and stuntman whose credits had included The Battle of the Las Vegas Showgirls and Space Ninja when he was hired by his friend, film director Marla Bloom, to create and play the title character in the Verner Bros. monster movie Blue Devil. Cassidy's specialty was somewhat unusual - rather than create optical effects that would later be applied in post-production, Cassidy specialized in "in camera" mechanical and cybernetic effects. To that end, Cassidy created a full-body costume for Blue Devil, complete with a powered exoskeleton and built-in pyrotechnic devices. Cassidy also created a rocket-powered prop trident which was, among other things, capable of flying.

During location filming on the mysterious Ile Du Diable, Wayne Tarrant, the "hero" of the film, and his co-star (and Dan Cassidy's eventual girlfriend) Sharon Scott, accidentally freed a demon named Nebiros. Though Cassidy faced incredible odds and a near-death experience, he was able to effectively use the devices built into his costume to drive the demon back to its home dimension. Unfortunately, he was blasted with demonic energy in the process. After the fight, Cassidy found that the blast had permanently grafted the Blue Devil costume to his body. Cassidy, a devout Irish Catholic, was stuck in the "skin" of an unholy Blue Devil.

After numerous adventures with the Shadowpact and others his situation has changed. No longer is he just trapped in a demon suit he is now a fully fledged Demon with a soul. This causes him a lot of grief as he has all the problems of a demon, Holy water effects him, no stepping in churches etc. Dan is also a devout Irish catholic and at time prays and this does cause him pain.

Powers: Demon Physiology~ Dan has all the characteristics of a blue devil. Originally this was because of the suit he had designed but now it is just him.

Superhuman Strength Strength in the vicinity of Wonder Woman and lobo.

Superhuman Durability Able to take extremes of punishment without damage. Bullets up to heavy caliber are shrugged off and he has fallen from over 500ft and jumped straight back into the fight.

Healing factor Most wounds will heal over time. Small ones almost instantly, larger wounds slightly longer.

Enhanced vision and senses Dans vision, hearing, smell and taste are augmented and are way beyond normal. He can see in the dark like it was normal daylight and into both the infra and ultra vision spectrum's.His smell is good enough to track with and his hearing can pick up things beyond normal range of human hearing.

Trident of LuciferThe Trident of Lucifer sends forth blasts of Hellfire, which have the power to send demons back to Hell as well as other feats.


Skills

Acrobatics
Acting
Martial Arts
Mechanical Engineering

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities
Dan is now a Demon/Devil and as such is vulnerable to all things that effects those beasts. Holy water, Holy items etc. He can no longer step on consecrated ground or enter churches.
 
Last edited:
Hey, Aussie, I love the Blue Devil bio!

I've never thought he gets enough love.

Would you mind if Black Alice steals his powers briefly at some point? If you do mind, that's absolutely totally cool, her abilities are largely random so it just won't happen to him. If you don't mind, that could lead to some fun possibilities!
 
An Army of Me.

Miranda_Shrieve_001_zpscpzvsjks.jpg


1416742553_extras_albumes_0.jpg


Celebrity Faceclaim:
Abbie Cornish

Name:
Miranda Shrieve

Alias:
None

Base of Operations:
Mobile.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Antihero, or whatever provides the most buck for her bang.

Affiliations:
S.H.A.D.E. (formerly), The Ancestral Order of Hunters (formerly), The Shadowpact

Family:
Gen. Matthew Shrieve (father)

Friends:
Frankenstein (formerly)

Age:
32

Bio:
Before there was A.R.G.U.S., there was S.H.A.D.E.

Formed in shadowier days, in the furthest reaches of American government, a tacit, tactical, black-books attempt to oppose the supernatural, rather than leaving it to unregulated freelancers and "kooks," the Super-Human Advanced Defense Executive was, at first, underfunded and much-maligned, scoffed at by skeptics. But the threat was real, and these agents were good at what they did, especially once they recruited sympathetic supernaturals to their cause.

Also on board were some members of The Ancestral Order of Hunters, a secret society of freelance monster hunters kept on retainer by certain races of supernaturals in order to help enforce their laws and make certain that the non-supernatural world did not catch wind of the paranormal. Frequently, membership in The Ancestral Order was a family affair, and The Shrieves were one of the oldest families in the tradition, going all the way back to The Van Helsings and The Belmonts. They bred for strength, and ruthlessness, and trained young for skill and comprehension.

Matthew Shrieve opted not to be a member of that tradition, but still joined the conventional military, and because of his family history he, as a general, was appointed for U.S. Government oversight of S.H.A.D.E. He sought to employ their mystical assets not just to oppose mystical enemies, but also to provide intel and armament against conventional threats. Realizing that a supernatural arms race might shortly ensue and, deciding that they would be able to do their work better and cleaner without government interference in the advent of The Rising Darkness, S.H.A.D.E. went underground. Undeterred, General Shrieve went on to build A.R.G.U.S., relying instead on high-end military technology, techniques, and personnel where the supernatural had proven unreliable.

His daughter, however, had gone into the family business, that Ancestral Order of Hunters, and S.H.A.D.E. as part of the bargain. And she was good at it. Very, very good. Before S.H.A.D.E. had gone underground, she had been one of her father's best Agents, if one of his unruliest.

2007562-miranda_2.jpg


But after S.H.A.D.E. opted to cut ties with the government, Miranda's bloodthirsty, mercenary attitude threatened their continued operational secrecy, and she was asked to leave The Executive. Not long after that, she went after a high-ranking member of Vampire society that had not broken their codes, because there was a bounty on his head and she wanted a challenge. As a result, she was summarily dismissed, as well, from The Ancestral Order of Hunters. It turned out this suited Miranda just fine.

She's since continued her ways, working for-hire either as a Hunter or a straight soldier of fortune, whatever pays at the time.

At the formation of The Shadowpact, Miranda is brought in as hired muscle to flesh out the team.

Powers:
Miranda Shrieve is a baseline human, but because of her long family history of monster hunting, she benefits from that family's having bred for strength of the years, a sort of homegrown eugenics super-soldier program. As a result of this and ferocious life-long training, she possesses peak human athletic ability and combat skills in a wide variety of disciplines.

She is high-tier in conventional weaponcraft and is vastly knowledgeable of the weaknesses and techniques required to defeat supernatural creatures (silver for werewolves, cold iron for Fae, salt for ghosts, et cetera).

She's damn good at what she does, but she knows it.

2007560-miranda_1.jpg


Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
Miranda is, of course, only human.

She is also brash, brutal, and impatient. Now, these can prove of benefit in certain situations, but they can also prove detrimental in situations in which cooler heads would prevail. She's something of a wild card.​
 
Last edited:
Back
Top