'Erotica writing Thesaurus'

CFMB_fan

Literotica Guru
Hi all

I am returning to Literotica after a long absence for various reasons.

As such I am slowly working my way through the stickies, and so may be possible that ym questions are at least in part answered some where else. If so, please do point me in the right direction.

I enjoy writing, both stories for my pleasure principally and role playing.

As such I would like to improve my writing style; I will admit editing my own writing either professionally or for 'stress release' is by far my weakest point.

One resource I do recall from years ago was an 'erotica thesaurus' a list of words to replace the more over used words in sexual writing.

Can any one help me?

Another question is editing software. I have done various searches and not found anything totally user friendly. I am not looking for free software, though it would help, but rather looking for a program in which I can insert the document (professional or other wise' and it would high light simple grammar errors (in my case often typos) as well as repeated word usage and the like.

Any comments welcome.

Of course software can never remove the human touch, but if it spots the obvious issues, then it is a good start!!

Adrian

I've just been to an event where they were recommending some spelling and grammar software. One I remember was Grammarly, I'm waiting for the presentation to be disseminated so will list the others when I get that for you.
:)

I've just been to an event where they were recommending some spelling and grammar software. One I remember was Grammarly, I'm waiting for the presentation to be disseminated so will list the others when I get that for you.

Many thanks Naoko

I have seen Grammerly and even tinkered with it....

Would love to see other software though....

I guess ultimately I have neither the eye or patience to edit; especially my own material where Iseem to read what I intended to read, and not necessary what I ACTUALLY WROTE!!

Did you try googling erotica thesaurus?

I seem to remember threads in the Authors' Hangout for alternative words. You can always start one up there asking a) if people can remember the threads, b) whether people have any good suggestions.

I seem to remember threads in the Authors' Hangout for alternative words. You can always start one up there asking a) if people can remember the threads, b) whether people have any good suggestions.

I seem to remember at least one started by slyc_willie - - a search through threads he started would bring it up. There were several a few months to a year back....

There's an erotica blogger that has a blog post on erotica alternative words. I don't remember who the blogger is. What I liked about it was the tips it gave for describing cocks and vaginas. Basically, if a writer can't come up with anything other than meat or flowers, they're lazy and/or have no imagination. :)

Thesaurus

I did a search using "erotic thesaurus" as the key words onGoogle. One item I found was "Adrianna's Sensual Thesaurus." This turned out to be an online site which let you pick a letter of the alphabet which would in turn list common words used in erotic writings. Each word listed had alternatives for that word.

I also found two books for sale: Naughty Words For Writers by Cara Bristol

Sexy Words For Writers by Stefanie Olsen

Back