What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smiled, then got grumbly with myself, and here's why.

Last weekend, I said I'd like to see some live music. Pretty much any half-way decent local band would have sufficed. We made plans for Saturday for dinner and searching for some place to hear music.

Then the boyfriend starts talking about going out to hear live music on Monday. Monday????? Who plays out on Monday? But I didn't let it phase me too much, as we were going on Saturday.

Then I see a freeway closure sign that would make our Saturday plans substantially more challenging. When I sent him a text about the freeway being close, he says "let's skip Saturday and just go out Monday." Monday???? Who plays out on Monday (she asks redundantly)? But because he's otherwise a great guy, I tried not to let it phase me.

Then I realize a few hours later that I have a scheduling conflict. I text the SO about my conflict. He finally 'fesses up that he was just shining me on about going to a local bar on Monday ~ we're actually going to a concert, one that's been sold out for a while, one that I wasn't even aware would be in town, but which I would enjoy seeing. I resolved my scheduling conflict to his benefit...okay, and mine, too.

I've been smiling all afternoon about him putting thought, and substantial effort, into getting tickets for the concert. The ex never would have even thought of the concert when it was first announced, let alone sold out and days away. Then I frowned :mad: at me inadvertently spoiling his surprise ~ it would have totally surprised me, as he had me going and I was even starting to doubt he liked live music. I love surprises. I think I'll still show my appreciation in the most delicious way.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Last edited:
Unexpected good news for a new friend.
Verbalized thoughts from an almost 3 year old mind.
My girl's face.
Remembering how blessed I really am.
 
It's my two month wedding anniversary on Saturday, and after considering it for a while, I see no reason to stop celebrating these (small, admittedly) milestones. So I went ahead and made reservations at a nice restaurant for that night. Surprises are good! :)

We went for a walk in the rain earlier, predictably getting soaked. I don't know why, but we both find the rain appealing, somehow; when we got home, we spent an hour or so warming each other up in the most delicious of ways :D

I am a lucky, lucky man, and my wife is beautiful! :)
 
Almost a belly laugh

The wife and I were sitting in a restaurant eating lunch and dark clouds started moving in and the wind picked up. I pulled out my HTC phone and pulled up the weather to check how bad it was going to get. The wife asked in all seriousness how the phone knew what the tempurature was outside and without even stopping to think I told her it WAS a smart phone. She took it really well.
 
We went for a walk in the rain earlier, predictably getting soaked. I don't know why, but we both find the rain appealing, somehow; when we got home, we spent an hour or so warming each other up in the most delicious of ways :D

Rain is appealing. There is just something about the rain that always makes me feel really sexual! I think it is very HOT that you and your wife went walking in the rain.

My new pillows made me smile. Not that I slept any better, but at least my head was very comfortable!
 
Rain is appealing. There is just something about the rain that always makes me feel really sexual! I think it is very HOT that you and your wife went walking in the rain.

It's a combination of a lot of things; the cold makes everything... perky, the rain itself makes your clothes all damp so they stick to you, your hair gets bedraggled and sexy. And then when you get home, it pounds against the window panes and you can get all cosy in the dark, warming up while ensconced in your own little world while everything outside is cold and dim. Not to mention a hot shower with a partner after walking in the rain... mmm.

So, yeah: hot.

Oh, and I just got a text from my older sister: she's finally gotten engaged to her baby daddy. Aww! :)
 
I've just been in a really good mood lately. It could be because I started a multi-vitamin and fish oil...but it hasn't been very long since I started so I doubt it. But I'll let myself think that incase it has a nice placebo effect :D
 
Another wonderful drive home from work ... sunshine, warm breeze, radio blaring ....

Working Double Time
On The Seduction Line
She Was One Of A Kind, She's Just Mine All Mine
She Wanted No Applause
Just Another Course
Made A Meal Out Of Me And Came Back For More
Had To Cool Me Down
To Take Another Round
Now I'm Back In The Ring To Take Another Swing
 
Being disappointed in my run today. Then when I sent my sister a text complaining that I only ran for 30 minutes, she spoofed me and I realized a year ago, I couldn't run for even one minute 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. Now I complain about "only 30 minutes." I'm a dork. :D Granted, my normal runs these days are 54 minutes, but I have a cold so sue me.
 
Being disappointed in my run today. Then when I sent my sister a text complaining that I only ran for 30 minutes, she spoofed me and I realized a year ago, I couldn't run for even one minute 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. Now I complain about "only 30 minutes." I'm a dork. :D Granted, my normal runs these days are 54 minutes, but I have a cold so sue me.

Good for you to make such solid progress in your running. Have you done anything like a 5K race yet?
 
Careful with the cigar consumption. I have a friend who ended up with mouth cancer thanks to that habit and now is minus half his tongue. Otherwise, glad to hear things are well and don't worry about your absence - real life takes priority always.

So do we get a species and genera or is that information too personal? ;)

Same old, same old...fightin' fire and cheatin' death. My appearances here are less than usual, especially when I'm deep in revision hell and/or swinging a hammer - both of which are frequent occurrences lately.

For me it's an enjoyable hobby. Not a habit. I smoke maybe 2-4 a week at most. I'm sorry to hear about your friends unfortunate situation. Hope he's doing alright.

And real life priorities definitely matter more, but it's nice to indulge in non-real, real life.

And glad to see you're keeping busy. Being all craftsy and badass and such. The usual.
 
Careful with the cigar consumption. I have a friend who ended up with mouth cancer thanks to that habit and now is minus half his tongue. Otherwise, glad to hear things are well and don't worry about your absence - real life takes priority always.



So do we get a species and genera or is that information too personal? ;)



Same old, same old...fightin' fire and cheatin' death. My appearances here are less than usual, especially when I'm deep in revision hell and/or swinging a hammer - both of which are frequent occurrences lately.

I repeated this post to Mister Man, and he would like to know (if you know) what kind of habit your friend had - daily? weekly?

Danke. :eek:
 
I repeated this post to Mister Man, and he would like to know (if you know) what kind of habit your friend had - daily? weekly?

Danke. :eek:

No worries. I'll say daily, though it varied. Sometimes it was one a day, sometimes none, but probably averaged about 4-7 per week. The surgery was awful and the recovery long. Worst of all, he's an actor and relies on his voice. It was a long road to get his speech back to normal.

I used to smoke the odd cigar back in the day, but I gave it up after B's ordeal. Don't miss them.
 
relativity.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top