Illinois friends!

It's been thunderstorming here all night. Lightning and everything. Crazy!

It's all north of me still. Dense fog warning until 4 am, then flood watch from noon tomorrow until 6 am on Wednesday. I think the storms are supposed to hit here tomorrow afternoon. At least that's what the radio said.

Fog is crazy here too.

I snapped this picture (crappy cell quality) while waiting at a stoplight on US 150, heading home. The lights were so hazy, it was surreal. I swear, driving out in the country, with the thick fog, I was seriously expecting something to run out in front of me any second, or see a sign that said "Welcome to Silent Hill"

397983_10151213390690919_766375286_n.jpg

I snapped this picture (crappy cell quality) while waiting at a stoplight on US 150, heading home. The lights were so hazy, it was surreal. I swear, driving out in the country, with the thick fog, I was seriously expecting something to run out in front of me any second, or see a sign that said "Welcome to Silent Hill"

397983_10151213390690919_766375286_n.jpg
Rolling in here now too...it's really a bit creepy.

Rolling in here now too...it's really a bit creepy.

It is creepy!! You know how it is, country roads suck as is, and then you throw in the fog making it even creepier. I usually go 50-55 on the roads, I bet I didn't hit 30 because I couldn't see that well.

It is creepy!! You know how it is, country roads suck as is, and then you throw in the fog making it even creepier. I usually go 50-55 on the roads, I bet I didn't hit 30 because I couldn't see that well.
I'm glad I'm not driving in it....it freaks out the animals, too, and I've almost run into deer a couple of times in fog like this.

I'm glad I'm not driving in it....it freaks out the animals, too, and I've almost run into deer a couple of times in fog like this.

That's what I was afraid of hitting, a deer. They run rampant around here. I don't plan on driving in it again, if I didn't have to get those errands done today, I wouldn't have bothered.

What's creepy is standing outside and seeing a Possum emerge from it out of nowhere haha.

That's what I was afraid of hitting, a deer. They run rampant around here. I don't plan on driving in it again, if I didn't have to get those errands done today, I wouldn't have bothered.
I hit 2 deer over the years, one in '87 I had just bought a new truck and only had 6,000 miles on it. $3,000.00 damage to the front. That sucked, I loved thqat truck, it never was the same...

I hit 2 deer over the years, one in '87 I had just bought a new truck and only had 6,000 miles on it. $3,000.00 damage to the front. That sucked, I loved thqat truck, it never was the same...
Come close several times, but haven't hit one yet. Now, everything else, yes. Possum, raccoons, pheasant...even an owl!

Weather

Since this seems to be the "All weather all the time" thread, y'all enjoy the balmy temps today! Too bad there's so much rain on the way.

What a way to start my day....

Local cop knocks on my door. I answer it, and he says people have complained about our dog. Funny, considering he never barks unless you knock on the door, and the other other tenant in our building loves him. So, I'm guessing people are making shit up when they see my husband out walking him because ZOMG!!!!! He's a pitbull!!!! Let's flip out, he's going to eat my babies!!!!

Ugh. Seriously. This is the downfall to small town life, nosy ass people that feed into the stereotypical bullshit.

So, I think since it's warm today, and as long as the rain holds off, I may take him AND my daughters for a nice, long walk around town.

Local cop knocks on my door. I answer it, and he says people have complained about our dog. Funny, considering he never barks unless you knock on the door, and the other other tenant in our building loves him. So, I'm guessing people are making shit up when they see my husband out walking him because ZOMG!!!!! He's a pitbull!!!! Let's flip out, he's going to eat my babies!!!!

Ugh. Seriously. This is the downfall to small town life, nosy ass people that feed into the stereotypical bullshit.

So, I think since it's warm today, and as long as the rain holds off, I may take him AND my daughters for a nice, long walk around town.
I made it up to the BP and back before it rained....in a hoodie! Gossip was good, and the fresh air was wonderful! Love small towns....

I moved from the small town life to the medium size town life to the city. LOVE that all of my neighbors want to keep to themselves. :D

I moved from the small town life to the medium size town life to the city. LOVE that all of my neighbors want to keep to themselves. :D
I'm out in the sticks but I can be downtown in 45 min. on a good day. I like it this way....

I'm in the NW burbs. I can't ever make it downtown in 45! Lol!
I take I55/Stevenson in, so really, the only time I could pull that off is 3am.:D Usually if I'm going McCormack Place/museum campus it's about an hour, Loop in a little over that. The Dan Ryan is usually a mess around Cellular Field.

ladies...

Hey ladies just dropping by to say hello. I'm looking for a lady friend to talk to that will eventually like to meet up. I'm in Chicago :) pm me. I love good conversation

Hey everyone! I'm yet another Chicagoan...Lamenting that fact that our one day spring was over :(. Pretty new to the city, so I'm always looking for friends to chat with!

Good morning! Yawwwwwwnnnnnn!

Coffee at home today...no way am I walking up to the BP in this weather. I'll just have to get a double dose of gossip when I go by the post office later. :D

Bored

Hey everyone

Never really posted before and saw the Illinois thread thought maybe I could talk with some of my Chicago burbs folks. Looking for something to pass the time on this cold day.

Welcome!

We talk about all kinds of things on this thread, weather being a favorite. AND it's fucking COLD again. In January. In Illinois. Go figure.

Forget about the cold I am sick of seeing nothing but darkness I need the sun to be out longer. I'm tired of going to work when it's dark and coming home when it's dark.

We talk about all kinds of things on this thread, weather being a favorite. AND it's fucking COLD again. In January. In Illinois. Go figure.
Lol! There wouldn't me as much to all about if we weren't all so crazy enough to live someplace with some sort of predictable weather pattern!

I drove to the BP instead....it's dead up there. Everybody else is staying warm at home.

Back