What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"KGRA: the best of the 70s, 80s... and today. And some Disney. And also Broadway."

It's catchy.

:D

I usually tell people I listen to everything but rap - and that's cause rap makes me want to run my car into buildings in the most violent way I can think of. Anything to make it STOP. :eek:

I forgot to mention I have a pretty good selection of Beethoven, Bach, and Tchaikovsky. We listen to that mostly when the kids are wired and need some helping zoning out. Studies have shown that classical music is beneficial to kids on the autism spectrum, and I can tell you it's almost a drug for my son. He can go from literally climbing walls (I'm not exaggerating, he climbs walls) to sitting on the couch, zoning out, looking dazed with the help of some moonlight sonata, fur elise, or canon in d.

Anyway, I listen to literally everything but rap.

This is good. Frogs are an indicator species of environmental health! :D

Then my environment is very healthy. There's enough frogs around here that they get suicidal and jump in front of speeding cars. I try to dodge them, but I think I've missed a couple of times.

My sweet little girl with her head bowed saying bedtime prayers with her Daddy, having him tuck her in like a burrito and after he goes, telling me "I love my Daddy"

:heart:

He's a very happy, bug eyed frog so I think hes a very healthy frog.

I know a woman who has serious, serious bugeyes, runs a lot, too - and I never put that together.

Then my environment is very healthy. There's enough frogs around here that they get suicidal and jump in front of speeding cars. I try to dodge them, but I think I've missed a couple of times.

I used to have a great bullfrog to serenade me on summer nights. He's gone now. Sometimes I picture him on the road, with a guitar and a backpack.

I usually tell people I listen to everything but rap - and that's cause rap makes me want to run my car into buildings in the most violent way I can think of. Anything to make it STOP. :eek:

I forgot to mention I have a pretty good selection of Beethoven, Bach, and Tchaikovsky. We listen to that mostly when the kids are wired and need some helping zoning out. Studies have shown that classical music is beneficial to kids on the autism spectrum, and I can tell you it's almost a drug for my son. He can go from literally climbing walls (I'm not exaggerating, he climbs walls) to sitting on the couch, zoning out, looking dazed with the help of some moonlight sonata, fur elise, or canon in d.

Anyway, I listen to literally everything but rap.

Hmmm. Interesting. It's that dramatic?? I had no idea about classical music and autism.

My sweet little girl with her head bowed saying bedtime prayers with her Daddy, having him tuck her in like a burrito and after he goes, telling me "I love my Daddy"

:heart:

sereneone sighting!!

I celebrated with Laphroaig and codeine. And crying and walking around the lake at 1am in the hopes of a spree killer hiding in the bushes and stabbing me. Didn't work that way.

I'm so rooting for one. Or maybe J just needs to get me spayed.

I am anti Seela-spree-killing. :rose:

Top ten new products you don't know about.

I want the biolight!
I like the concept of the charge-while-parking umbrella, the lazy glasses, and the rear view mirror, though I had one very similar to that on my taxi back in the late 70s and early 80s.

The "secret drawer" is *old.* That's been around for a lot of years. The baby dustmop has been around, too, but that's just sick. They wouldn't do an even job, and thus the wax job would be streaky and spotty. :rolleyes:

From Travel + Leisure magazine, "World's Funniest Signs:"

Ireland

201010-w-funnysigns-cliff.jpg

I'm not sure where this pic is (the article doesn't say), but read *all* the signs...

201010-w-funnysigns-child.jpg

:eek:

201010-w-funnysigns-beware.jpg

I want a farm like this.

201209-w-funniest-signs-candy-corn.jpg

Why would... oh, never mind.

201209-w-funniest-signs-job-securit.jpg

Yeah, you *know* my mind went in several directions with this one.

201209-w-funniest-signs-pedestrians.jpg

There *has* to be a better way to phrase this... doesn't there?

201209-w-funniest-signs-dump-bodies.jpg

I hope the license requirements are stiff.

201209-w-funniest-signs-fishing-for.jpg

This needs to be in (a LOT) more men's rooms.

201209-w-funniest-signs-japanese-ur.jpg

Oyyyyyyyy....

On line this morning, was told how I should touch myself. It did more than put a smile on my face.

SUCK IT, SECOND DRAFT! YOU DID NOT DEFEAT ME!!!

*roars and beats chest*

And now, on to the third draft.

I become irritable and cranky when grading papers that are badly written. I'm still haunted by this paper on legalizing marijuana. I'll preface this by saying simply that spellcheck is not always your friend.

Her paper on the legalization of cannabis became cannibalism. Did you know small amounts of cannibalism is legal for medical use in California? I commented: "So what is that exactly... a toe or a finger?"

It wasn't just one correction. All of the uses of cannabis became cannibalism.

I become irritable and cranky when grading papers that are badly written. I'm still haunted by this paper on legalizing marijuana. I'll preface this by saying simply that spellcheck is not always your friend.

Her paper on the legalization of cannabis became cannibalism. Did you know small amounts of cannibalism is legal for medical use in California? I commented: "So what is that exactly... a toe or a finger?"

It wasn't just one correction. All of the uses of cannabis became cannibalism.

That is a hilarious thing. Like, sounds way more funny than the original paper would have.

Also, ten bucks says she was high

Top ten new products you don't know about.

I want the biolight!

Wow! That is kinda hot, DGE... And it's green! Perfect! Hmmm. Maybe it is time to head to the mall for some big buckled red veleveted lap time and offer up an honest discussion about all things naughty and nice from 2012. 'Tis the season, right?

Wow! That is kinda hot, DGE... And it's green! Perfect! Hmmm. Maybe it is time to head to the mall for some big buckled red veleveted lap time and offer up an honest discussion about all things naughty and nice from 2012. 'Tis the season, right?

Indeed, but from where will you dredge up enough "nice" to warrant a biolight? ;)

The seagulls wanted to snatch our food. My son ran around yelling at them to fly away. One bird flew to one end, my son followed, the bird flew back to his original position. My son followed. Bird and child followed this pattern for about 10 min. I laughed the whole time it was too funny to stop.

I like the concept of the charge-while-parking umbrella, the lazy glasses, and the rear view mirror, though I had one very similar to that on my taxi back in the late 70s and early 80s.

The "secret drawer" is *old.* That's been around for a lot of years. The baby dustmop has been around, too, but that's just sick. They wouldn't do an even job, and thus the wax job would be streaky and spotty. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the rearview mirror COULDN'T be "new." Could it? But, oh, the baby dustmop would be a great gift. Reminds me of a Roomba, but slobberier.

By this measure, the movie Magnolia was healthy.

So is a TCU game.

I've had a hand-cranked apple peeler for thirty years. It's a copy of an old Shaker design that goes back to the nineteenth century. It looks like this:

090619-apple.jpg

Nifty! So why is that on there?? Maybe they should have listed that revolutionary new "thresher."

Let the Christmas sexytime begin.

A friend posted this on another site I frequent:
"Everytime i hear someone say.."I wear my heart on my sleeve"...i just want to pin them down, whip out my junk and say.."I wear my balls on your chin"

I've had a hand-cranked apple peeler for thirty years. It's a copy of an old Shaker design that goes back to the nineteenth century. It looks like this:

090619-apple.jpg

Hey! I just sold one of these at my shop! (antiques, collectibles, and weirdly-wonderful stuff...) Everything old IS new again, I guess!
:rolleyes:

The seagulls wanted to snatch our food. My son ran around yelling at them to fly away. One bird flew to one end, my son followed, the bird flew back to his original position. My son followed. Bird and child followed this pattern for about 10 min. I laughed the whole time it was too funny to stop.

I know, right? Kids... you sleep less but laugh sooo much more.

Hey! I just sold one of these at my shop! (antiques, collectibles, and weirdly-wonderful stuff...) Everything old IS new again, I guess!
:rolleyes:

Actually, everything old is still old - but revered. For those who'd rather not buy an apple peeler with high mileage, you can get them new at LL Bean. (partially peeled apple sold separately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back