Decadents and Dropouts IC

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor followed Phyliss, keeping an eye out for any threat directed towards her. They when to the innkeeper and Trunfor asked for a room. Trunfor paid the innkeeper a few coins then headed for the room while still suspicious of any threa. It would be good to get a good night`s rest Trunfor thought to himself.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was a bit worried when Trunfor went to rent the room for himself, but on the other hand, it was good for him and certainly a progress that he even dared to try. She was surprised that he even got a room without any troble. She followed him upstairs. The room was nicer and more comfortable as the last one. There were even four beds, but Gryph would sleep on the floor again. A large washing bowl as well, and a window. She put her bag down and chose a bed.
"I will go down into the tavern to with for Gryph. But it is time for a little change."
She pulled the soft, green satin dress out of her bag, a black velour belt and her black velour boots. She took her dress of and put on her new gear. She did not really care if Trunfor was in the room; as he went for a group room, he had just to deal with the situation. Neverthelesss she turned her back to him while she was changing, she didn't mean to provocate him.
"Do you want to rest or have a drink with me? Anyway, just take care of the key." She went downstairs to find a table in the tavern.
 
Last edited:
Relic and Alex

The City of Forges had many taverns, inns and dining establishments. But the majority had a high and mighty air about them. It wasn't surprising that Relic and Alex had picked one that fitted their own personalities. Darkly lit, and in one of the less guarded parts of the land. Outside of the walls in a town nearer to the paths that led down into the forges. Here the clean streets of the city couldn't hide the hard work and tough conditions that actually occurred underground. It was only by pure accident that Relic happened to be passing through the town on her way back one of the smaller market stalls, that she spotted the familiar shape of a gorgon. Not many wandered the lands, and although Phyliss was one of her least favorite traveling partners, she was a sight for sore eyes.

Days had passed since she had bedded the wealthy Mayor, dressed as an exotic whore. He had enjoyed her soft youthful pale grey skin against his own. And as he slumbered after many hours of her hard work, she had slipped a simple tonic between his lips.

He had woken to a week of memories lost. Along with many small pouches of coin that he could no longer remember he had. It worked out well, especially when one of those bags found their way into the hands of the tavern owner. To keep his tongue tightly kept.

Entering the tavern, Relic wandered through the crowd before sitting down at a table beside Phyliss.

"It took you a long enough time to get here. Did Marcus and Aaron's prowess continue that long? For humans I'm impressed. Anyway, who was that interesting fellow you walked in with. The one upstairs? Is he your newest conquest?"

Looking over towards the stairs, she wondered what sort of trouble Phyliss had got into. And where Verialyn was.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor was happy to find an establishment with more than one bed. He hadn`t had a proper nights sleep for two days. When she addressed him he turned an nearly had a heart attack. Phyliss was undresing in front of him.
Trunfor closed his eyes shut so as not to be rude. When she asked him to accompany her downstairs for a drink he agreed but still kept his eyes closed in case she was still nude. "Yeah, I w-will have a uh drink," he paused "uh are you clothed? I`m sorry, I didn`t mean to see you undressed, but you uh just caught me by surprise." He waited for her to tell him she was finished so he could open his eyes.
 
Zaankori (Zahn) Heartsong
Age: 28
Race: Half-elf
Height: 5'11
Bodytype: Muscular (elven standards)/ Average (human standards)
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Auburn - Short and cut in a military style crew cut
Eyes: Green

Appearance: Zahn seems to have gained more human features than elven. His facial features are less elegant than most half-elves. In particular his jaw is squarer than anything found on an elf. He has a light beard stubble, but that is as much facial hair as he can grow. Most people would look at him and see a human male around 18-20.
His clothing suggests someone who travels a lot. Well worn boots, comfortable and durable leather outerwear, a dark green hooded cloak and a hunting knife strapped to a pouch bandolier.
Equipment: Traveler's clothes - hooded cloak - 4 pouch bandolier - 6 pouch belt - hunting knife - backpack - light crossbow - kukri dagger - wrist crossbow (currently broken) - lock-pick (currently broken) - medium bola - large bola - caltrop bag - small animal snare - alchemical gear - basic traveling gear
 
Zahn

Simpletons. Nothing but simpletons. Zahn cursed the moron that had tipped him off. Zahn also cursed himself for paying for the information. Gorgon...right. From across the tavern he got a good view of her, not to mention the people she travelled with. Odd assortment, but not his concern.

"Starin' at the beasties, eh?" A serving wench had decided to block Zahn's view. He looked up at her and glared. She wasn't the most attractive wench, but judging by the amount of cleavage she displayed he guessed few people looked her in the face.

"What does it matter who I stare at?" Zahn replied.

"I heard you was lookin' for some Gorgon eyes...I thought if I helped you snag the beast you'd share-"

Zahn cut her off rudely. "First, I don't share bounties. Second, that is the wrong gorgon. Third, and this is probably the most important, fuck off you dumb tart."

She didn't even bother feigning being insulted. She went back to the bar and Zahn scanned the tavern. He wasn't paying attention to anything though. He was still kicking himself for getting his hopes up.

"Come on, Z...why would a damn metal bull be some dive tavern. Guess I can kiss that contract good-bye. Honestly how - wait...how'd she know what I was looking for?" Zahn snapped out of thought long enough to dive from his chair to the floor. Not half a second later, a tankard smashed in to the wall behind him.

"ZAHN!" A deep and angry voice bellowed through the tavern. "Quit hiding and die with some dignity!"

A few seconds before the tankard had been thrown, a shirtless, hairless and incredibly large half-orc had charged in to the tavern. In place of his left hand he had a curved and jagged blade. Flanked by two other half-orcs in heavy leather armor adorned with spikes and studs they carried large spiked clubs. Everyone got out of their way, giving them a nice clear path to Zahn.

Zahn hopped to his feet and stared the trio down. Most of his gear was up in his room. Crossbow, bolas, potions, caltrops....all upstairs. He wasn't going to get in to a straight fight with these beasts...no chance.

"Mr. Grot...always a pleasure." He replied with his usual icy tone. Zahn was on the opposite side of the tavern from the thugs, but they blocked the main door and there were crowds of people between him and the windows, stairs and other exits. He was just going to have to wing it this time.
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor saw the half-orc throw the tankard at the man. He could tell that this wasn`t going to end well for the stanger.
Trunfor walked up to the half-orc and spoke carefully, "Hey listen here buddy, I don`t know what`s got you made, but let me sort this out between you two so that this doesn`t result in violence I`ll even buy you an extra two tankards of beer if you don`t do anything rash. What do you say?"
 
Zahn

Even from across the room Zahn could see what was going on with Grot the half-orc. His eyes were wide and he wasn't blinking. Despite shirtless he was sweating profusely. All his muscles were tense to the point they looked like they could rupture. His jaw was clenched so tight his chin was trembling. This wasn't orcish rage, it was drugs.

Zahn could only guess what that lunatic took, but he had a feeling whatever it was would make dropping him difficult. Not that taking Grot out was ever easy. Heightened reflexes, increased strength, and a desire to rip the head off of anyone who looked at him made this a bad situation.

There was an easy way out of this, though. Zahn just hoped that cambion didn't have any vengeful family.

Zahn took a few steps towards Grot. "Wow, you need some scrawny demon-kid to settle your disputes for you now?"

Grot's head snapped over to the cambion, then back to Zahn. His breathing was getting heavier.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor ignore the kid and continued to look at the half-orc. Trunfor reached into his pocket and picked out 3 gold coins and handed them to the half-orc, "Now go ahead and enjoy yourself with some extra beers."
Trunfor turned to the half-elf and studied him, "You see to not be very popular here, what happened to make him mad at you?"
 
Zahn

"That fucker cost me my hand!" Grot shouted as he frothed at the mouth. He looked as if he would charge, when the two thugs grabbed his arms and held him back. Grot gnashed his teeth, but didn't struggle. "Stay out of my sight, little hunter, that contract won't protect you forever!"

Zahn couldn't believe his luck. "If you are unable to control yourself, Grot, why don't you and your friends get drunk elsewhere."

Wrenching free from his companions, Grot smashed his fist through the nearest table and marched out the door, thugs in tow.

With the entertainment gone and no one blood shed, the crowd of the tavern returned to their drinks. After scanning the room and seeing no sign of the well informed serving wench, Zahn walked over to the friendly cambion.

"I...appreciate your attempt to help, cambion. Word of advice, though, if you see that man again, just avoid him."
 
Relic

The fight was short lived, and Relic didn't get a chance to warn the newest 'friend' of Phyliss' against getting involved. Bar fights had a way of sorting themselves out, and for most patrons avoiding the more damaging fights was your best bet. This new guy did have a friendly aura though, or at least one of wanting to aid in the disagreement.

Standing up, Relic moved over to stand near Trunfor and Kahn. Picking up the gold coins that the orcs hadn't touched. Waste not want not. Ordering a couple of jugs of ale, she placed them down on the table again.

"How about we all stop talking, and start drinking."

Sitting down again, she poured herself a mug. Taking a long drink of it.

"I prefer my fights fast and quickly ended, with many pockets unconscious for picking at the end. I doubt those guys had anything I'd be interested in."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had mixed feelings as she saw Relic. Her first grudge against her cooled off since she enjoyed the sweet life at Marcus estate, but mostly because she completely forgot to care about her at that place. But after Verialyn and Kanut were gone, maybe forever, she nearly was happy to see her, because she was the last reminding person of her group before the slaugther. She didn't have time to answer, because of the brawl that Trunfor got himself in. Luckily he stayed unharmed, and Relic took her place back. "He is one of my new friends. Sadly I have no news about Verialyn, we were seperated when some stupid looters sacked poor Marus place and took all that came from his hard work. I have hoped to meet her here." She looked back to Trunfor, ready to interact if things got messy for him.
 
Last edited:
Gryph

After retrieving the horse he walked back towards the inn, he listened to the chatter of the people around, many mentioned his giant stature, but the armor and hood seemed to make people think he was just a very large man. That worked for him, it allowed him to listen to people as they talked, of course a horse just strolling through the streets was something strange, but not strange enough to make people turn suspicious.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss waved to Trunfor; she liked to have him back at the table. "He is Trunfor, while my friend Gryph should soon arrive."
 
Gryph

He came to the Inn and this time the horse walked towards the stables at the back, for a moment Gryph wondered why most humans built their stables behind a place serving clients. He walked after the horse and pressed a coin onto the stable hand for the care of the horse, then he made his way back to the Inn's entrance and ambled inside. Taking in the other clients he saw Trunfor and Phyliss in the company of what had to be a Drow, but he wasn't certain. He walked over and sat down at the table

"Well your mount has returned to you"

He chuckled and looked at their new companion

"Greetings, I am Gryph"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor shook hands with the woman Phyliss introduced. "It`s good to meet someone who doesn`t react with hostility when they firest see me."
He sat back down next to Phyliss and went back to his drink. He wonder who this next woman was and if she were a friend of Phyliss.
 
Canut and Koetia

" Come on girl," he tugged at the girl's coller, which he'd fashioned himself out of his worn out leather boots. "

Today was not a plesent day for ethier of them. Granted, they haden't had a plesent day (although plesent enough to survive, at least) ever since that escaped that merchent's estate and was subsquently chaced out of the area, but that was beside the point. He had his staff, food, and his companion, and that was enough for now.

Companions. He occasionally mused back to the short time he'd travaled with those two girls (and eventually three) girls; Phyliss,Verialyn, and... Relic wasen't it? Then he remembered it was there fault he was stuck in this situation in the first place, convently forgeting him at the campsite and getting him sucked in with a man large enough to crush a horse beneth him. As one might tell from his dishevealed apperence and the tip nicked off his staff, the whole situation haden't worked out well for the two of them. Still Koetia had a nose for him (in more ways then one), and he two of them had gotten back together.

To many, the sight of stooped kobald, stripped down to his scales and breechs, dragging a girl with dog-ears and a tail who was panting heavly was strange in the City of Forges. There was one man, however, whom it would be less then strange too. Canut had been here once before, saved his ancestoral wine press from a major fire that had gutted that querter of the city. It had been to pay back a favor to one of his contacts, the owner of a vineyard not to far from here who happened to be the man's cousion, but Canut had a way of getting favors even from paying them. Surley he woulden't mind if they crashed there for a few days, at least until he could restudy some of his more complcated spells.

Koetia whined loudly at him, begging with her eyes. He'd learned that, while she'd enheireted some dog traits, great endurence was not one of them. Her mouth was sagged to nearly impossale depths, he tounge moving in and out rapidly. People where stariting to stare, which haden't ment well as of late. "Sh Sh Sh," Canut drew her closer in as he slowly moved towards the edge of the streets. "We'll get you someplace to rest, Ok. Thats a good girl, follow me..." the sound of his voice kept her quite, and the people went back to their dayly bussniness.

The nearest building was an Inn and taphouse, not the best class but far from the pigstyes one saw farther into the city. The bouncer, a half-giant who seemed to have half his face discolored, glared momentarly, but when Canut shuffled out his coin-pouch to show he could pay, he was waved on through.

"A wild cat flank for the girl, and the cheapest slop you've got for me," he grummbled to one of the waiters; a human male, as he plopped down into a stool and started pulling out the rope he used to keep Koetia down indoors or when he was distracted. "If you can find a couple of rats and cook them, I'll pay premium."

Taking the rope, he tied Koeita's coller to the bottem of the stool, keeping his eyes on her the whole time. She wasen't very comfortable around people, and there where more then enough of those about. Mostly dwarves, but a few humans, orcs, an elf or too, and there was even...

Wait an minute.

"Phyliss, is that you?" he spoke softly to himself as he spotted the tangled web of snakes. Not many gorgons went wandering around these parts or, frankly, anywhere. I stopped midway through his second knot, and started unwinding Koeita, who seemed to perk up a bit. "Come on, we've got somebody to see." he lead her along the floor, walked across the room, and got himself onto a barstool next the shaply gorgon.

"Excuse me miss, but I do beleive you have possention of my pony?" he asked her nonchaltly, almost as if he diden't know her
 
Phyliss Ovida

"This is Relic, who traveled with Verialyn and me. This is Tronfur, a honest man I whom I met here, and this is Gryph, who protected me with his life back at Marcus place. We killed some of the thugs as we fought our way out, but sadly now we all have hardly a penny left." She put her arm on Gryph's shoulder. Although in armor, she was sure he would notice. She just wanted to take a glass of wine, as a little, lizardlike creature came to their table.
"Ohhh! Canut!" she jumped up and hugged the kobald, not caring what anybody else would say when a well dressed lady (snakehaired or not) would hug a shabby little kobald. "And I thought we lost you forever!"
 
Gryph

Gryph watched the interaction between Phyliss and Canut. So this was the kobald she spoke of, he noticed the dog-like creature and smiled as he remembered her.

"Well good to see you again, although I must say our last meeting bordered between barely and fleeting."

He stuck out his gauntlet encased hand,

"I am Gryph, I heard of you Canut and I'm glad to finally meet you."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss stopped hugging and cuddling the kobald. (She didn't kiss him; there were limits after all.) "Pony? Oh, I forgot about that. We left everything behind when Marcus place was raided." she got back to her chair, and spotted Koetia. She had hoped that the dogcreature would have poisoned herself meanwhile by eating some rotten meat, but of course she didn't say that. She did not want to hurt Canuts feeling.
"We could have some more wine."
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor just sat there wide-eyed. How many frends did Phyiss have? Trunfor felt nervous with all these people around him. He got up and shook hands with the kobold introducing himself.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon noticed that Trunfor was nervous and gently stroke his arm before she took the next drink. She knew that it was dangerous to get drunk, but she felt quite safe with so many friends and there was really a cause for celebration. She knew that Kanut was sometimes, or rather always, quite grumpy. She wanted to tell her friends that it meant nothing if he wasn't in the mood for small-talk (was he ever?), but she decided they had to find out. While she had another glass, hoping that someone would pay for her, she suddenly had the imagination of a grand raft, with a wooden house on it, with rooms for each one, and a large for celebration. But she would not talk about that yet.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor felt her hand stroke his arm. Instantly he felt relief spread across himself. Trunfor didn`t understand why, but Phyliss had a strange way of knowing what to say or do to make him feel relaxed and comfortable. He looked into her eyes and smiled, then looked back at the kobold and nodded towards him. If Phyliss trusted these people then Trunfor could trust them to.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Now, let us have some more wine. We can decide what we do next, and where we can go." The gorgon took another glass of wine. She wasn't drunk yet, but not really sober anymore. But why care at such a nice day. Tronfur seemed to have eased a bit, and Gryph looked very confident and respectable in his new armor. Phyliss now looked friendlier on Relic, after all she even felt some relief to see her here. If she and even Kanut turned up, then maybe they would see Verialyn again. There was another reason she welcomed Relic more then she would have thought of before. One girl and two men were a very dangerous combination, and with Relic, there might be less tension. She didn't want to have any jealousy between her new friends. She wondered how Tronfur saw her; she renembered how shocked he was as he saw her in her lingerie some minutes before. And if Gryph would be hurt if she... Not the time to think about that now.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor was feeling a little tired and he was feeling odd. It had probably been the wine, though he had only had one. This was why he didn`t drink, but today was a special occasion and he wanted to celebrate. He turned to Phyliss and put his hand on hers, "I`m gonna go up to the room and relax a little, and maybe try to collect my thoughts."
He go up and put down a few gold coin for his friend so they could have a few drinks themselves. Heading up the stairs and walked into the room. He lay back on the first bed he reached and tried to relax, but couldn`t. So he lay their restlessly.
 
Back
Top